Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:35 pm 

Hi fellas, I was wondering if any of you southamericans has ordered merch from an online site. The shipping service to south america is reliable? I live in Argentina and I find it almost impossible to get decent tshirts or albums so I was thinking about ordering some stuff for the first time. Any experience about it? Is there any online metal store you'd like to recommend? Thanks in advance!

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:10 pm 

I live in Brazil and I order cds regularly from online stores. So far I never had any bigger problems, the merch always arrives, though after 1 month or so. The biggest issue with international orders is honestly the shipping prices and the extra taxes I sometimes have to pay, and how slow the Customs Office is. Can't say how it is for Argentina though.

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:10 pm 

Thanks for your reply. Guess I'll have to try! Is there any particular site that you preffer?

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:43 am 

It depends on what you are looking for. I've ordered plenty of times from NWN and Eisenwald, but just look for distros that specialize in your genre of your choice and you'll be good.
If you order something, pray that the postal service isn't slow as shit as it is here in Brazil!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:20 am 

Hey dudes, not quite what you’re talking about but I sent a CD to Ecuador not long ago and just last week I sent another to Brazil
Postage from NZ is quite reasonable, 1 CD without the case I can send for $3 :beer:

RainbowPrius19
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:09 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
Hey dudes, not quite what you’re talking about but I sent a CD to Ecuador not long ago and just last week I sent another to Brazil
Postage from NZ is quite reasonable, 1 CD without the case I can send for $3 :beer:

Why would someone buy a cd and not the case?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:03 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
Postage from NZ is quite reasonable, 1 CD without the case I can send for $3
RainbowPrius19 wrote:
Why would someone buy a cd and not the case?
Because the postage with the case is about $12 USD but another case can be bought for about 50 cents or often can be acquired for free.
So why pay an extra $9 to post one... :scratch:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:11 pm 

Plus cases come in damaged from time to time (specially if you buy form Amazon) so you have to get a new one anyways. I prefer all my cds to ship without the cases but you just can't get that option all the time.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Reply to topic