Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 pm 

cheap voooodkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:22 pm 

To counter the drunk metalhead stereotype; I quit drinking many, many years ago.
Now it's only tap water and tea.

mcmufffins
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 pm 

Cheap vodka and cheaper whiskey. Like $8.99/liter, bottom shelf kind of stuff (Ten High). When I have extra money I treat myself to some Jaegermeister. As far as beer goes, I like Yuengling and Blue Moon but can only afford really shitty beer like Natty Light and Budweiser.

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:27 pm 

Swedish beer: Norrlands Guld.
Czech beer: Staropramen

My 2 all-time favorites. Some others I like are Falcon and Pripps.

I am not a big fan of liquor, I do not drink for the effect, I drink because beer is the best drink in the world probably...

Also very nice: Barrskogens Nektar (Nectar of the conifer forest), a very good mead.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:54 pm 

Juice. Mostly grapefruit, apple, blackcurrant, grape or orange. Not a big fan of multifruit-juice. Non-concentrate whenever possible. Juice rules.

I also like red wine. It needs to be dry and my favorite types are Amarone and Primitivo. Currently I usually have a bottle of Anarkos standing around. Good stuff.

Tea is another passion. Assam is the leaf of choice. Always have a bag of loose Friesian blend and butter truffle tea (flavored with herbs), but I also like chai. I love trying new creations of flavored black tea.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Last edited by inhumanist on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:43 am 

Haha... it's uncanny how nearly every German writes wine as whine. One of my best friend is German, and he constantly makes that mistake, or is it just some inside joke, which has to have something to do with tardiness, with Germans?

Anyway, I tend not to shun any type of alcohol; I mean, it's fun to try and taste all the different stuff there is. Having said that, I normally have the required amount of beer before going to a bar or pub. Every now and then, I start the drinking with some good whisky, so that I can actually enjoy the taste. No use to have that 16yo Lagavulin after 10 beers.

As for wine, I really enjoyed the wines in Mosel area. Beautiful place for some wine tasting.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:58 am 

I was just given some Crown Royal from 1960 and a bottle of some fancy Seagrams that says "Aged 6 years" but it's dated 1975, it was unopened, but I tried it and it's amazing. I got it from my mom's best friends mom who is 94 and just have all this alcohol sitting in a cabinet for like 50 years.

Spoiler: show

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:05 pm 

In now way a representative instance of my taste, but I currently have a bottle of MD 20/20 in my fridge. Things may go disastrously.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm 

Bede wrote:
Haha... it's uncanny how nearly every German writes wine as whine. One of my best friend is German, and he constantly makes that mistake, or is it just some inside joke, which has to have something to do with tardiness, with Germans?

No, I'm just dumb :ugh:

In German the word base for whining (wein(en)) is the identical with the word for wine (Wein).

Edit: Fuck, I did it again. Just kill me.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:20 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
I was just given some Crown Royal from 1960 and a bottle of some fancy Seagrams that says "Aged 6 years" but it's dated 1975, it was unopened, but I tried it and it's amazing. I got it from my mom's best friends mom who is 94 and just have all this alcohol sitting in a cabinet for like 50 years.

Unlike wine or beer, hard liquor is pretty much put in a "time capsule" once it's put in the bottle. So long as it stays sealed and protected from light and heat it should pretty much stay as it is for quite a long time.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:14 pm 

^Yeah, the crown was already opened, but my friend drank a big glass and didn't die so that's a good thing :) either way it's good stuff. Whiskey is really the only liquor I like on the rocks, some gin is alright too but I barely ever drink it.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:22 pm 

Well, "sealed" as in closed enough to prevent evaporation and to prevent air circulating through the bottle enough to do strange things to it.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Auspicium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:22 am 

Beer, now and forever. My favorites include St Bernardus Abt 12, Allagash Curieux, Brother Adam's Braggat, and Old Rasputin.

For liquor, I tend to stay with gin, whisky (except Canadian), or aged rum.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:54 am 

I drink very little alcohol. For everyday drinks I stick to tap water, juice and tea. As far a juice goes I always try to buy the 100% squeezed fruit variations. My family in general is big on tea and I love it as well, generally with honey and a little bit of milk. I always have 5-8 different kinds at home. Never liked coffee though.

When I drink alcohol its most usually beer of different variations. If I'm lazy I stick to the Carlsberg brand. But I am not to picky. Especially in the summer I like a nice light beer. When I'm up for something more "bready" I really like me an ale (Hobbgobblin is a favorite) or even a Guinness.

I don't drink wine unless served. I do sometimes buy me some stronger stuff. I like Mintu Black and Sambuca for the liquorice or the ones based on milk/cream such as Dooleys or Baileys.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

MikeNox
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:50 pm 

If I'm on the cheap, any kind of beer will do. If I can afford a little extra, then vodka's always the right answer. However, if I'm going for shots, I prefer tequila.

UKMetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 pm 

Strongbow, Magners, Fosters, Dr Pepper, Coke, Pepsi

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:22 am 

Sick6Six wrote:

So jealous, I would love to drink something like triple my age.

Last.fm

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:09 am 

I drink one protein shake a day depending on my schedule and how I feel. My current milk shakes consist of Muscle Meds Carnivor Beef Protein Isolate. If it's a lifting pre-work out I like to throw in 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal, 1 banana, 4 stawberries or mix fruit, 2% Milk, a handful of walnuts, and a heaping scoop of powder. If it's a post-workout shake then it's similar but without the oatmeal and perhaps add some honey. For cardio pre-workout shakes I'll skip the oatmeal and use greek yogurt and spinach instead. This stuff tastes awful so if you want to try it get chocolate as it's the most tolerable.

To get fucked up I'll take shots of Olifant Vodka between a bottle of Hoegaarden or Konig Pilsener.

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 am 

Unless you're cutting, nekuomanteia, try mixing in some peanut butter, great caloric density for bulking. :)

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:53 am 

Thanks, I will try that. I keep telling myself to add something different to the blender but when in a hurry I go back to the same ol' ingredients.

Tearlach
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:09 pm 

for adult beverages I have been known to consume heavily Early Times, Jack Black, Kraken black strap rum, Capn' Morgan black strap rum, Vikingfjord, & luksusowa Vodka.
Not in that order, sometimes all at the same time, some times I don't remember.

Nothing is better than a Dark~n~Stormy with Kraken and decent ginger Beer.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 pm 

Awww yeah Dark N' Stormy - with Reed's is DELICIOUS. Not a huge Kraken fan - but I am slowly getting into rum culture. Early Times, eh? Where you from in the US?

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:30 pm 

I normally prefer non-spiced dark rum, but I thought Kraken was pretty nice. Cool bottle too:

Haven't actually ever tried a Dark 'n' Stormy. Ginger beer hasn't really done much for me since I was a kid, but I can see it working combined with rum. Will have to give it a shot sometime.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

corpsewithoutsoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:15 pm 

Red wine, fruit beer, hefeweizen, elderflower cider.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:08 pm 

Nice, cracked open a Rekorderlig literally right after clicking on this thread. Peach and apricot though.

:beer:

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

corpsewithoutsoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:36 am 

Ah, only ones available here are the elderflower and mixed berry. :panda:

Auspicium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:46 am 

Celtic Frosted Flakes wrote:
Unless you're cutting, nekuomanteia, try mixing in some peanut butter, great caloric density for bulking. :)

When I lifted more, this is what I always did. It really helps making shitty tasting powders into great (alright, bearable) protein shakes. Never tried oatmeal, usually just banana, lowfat yogurt, skim milk, peanut butter, ice, and sometimes an egg.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:50 am 

UKMetal wrote:
Strongbow, Magners, Fosters

I was going to say that there's no excuse for drinking shite like this unless you're 14... but then I checked your profile. :P

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:36 pm 

Generally it is wise to disregard the tastes of people who like Rekorderling.

Also, it is generally wise to execute people who like Fosters.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:56 pm 

I literally can't drink most cider any more - it tastes so much like being under-age.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:06 pm 

MacMoney wrote:

Oh come on, it's hardly offensive stuff. The peach and apricot at least, is refreshing in a soft drink kind of way.

Strongbow/Magners on the other hand. :ugh: I've never really looked into good ciders though.

hots_towel wrote:

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:45 pm 

Beer, Gin and Rum, in that order. Beer is usually either from Unibroue or Half-Pints, Gin is Beefeater (occasionally Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire), and Rum is Kraken, Flor de Cana or Gosling's Black Seal.

KolmeNoitaa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:44 am 

I'll drink whatever I can get.
But if I had any room to be picky, dark beer is pretty nice to drink with friends and listen to a few CDs, though I don't drink* at shows (*festivals, sure, but a few hour long show, I'm a bit of a light weight so, I'd prefer to remember the night with an untainted mind). Vodka is my first choice for party hardy nights, however.
I feel almost demeaned as a metal head since I've never had mead...someone buy me some :(

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:53 am 

Foulchrist wrote:
MacMoney wrote:

Oh come on, it's hardly offensive stuff. The peach and apricot at least, is refreshing in a soft drink kind of way. .

Yeah, who doesn't like Coke, for example? Same thing with cider, it's basically soda.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:22 pm 

Yeah, who doesn't like Coke, for example? Same thing with cider, it's basically soda.

I don't really like coke. Too sweet for me. Same thing with these 'ciders' like Rekorderlig. Sticky and cloyingly sweet, no thanks. Cider should not be like soda in anyway. Well, perhaps sparkling cider can be effervescent like soda, but the flavor shouldn't be similar and neither the mouthfeel.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:25 pm 

"Cloyingly sweet", now that's one for the record books.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 pm 

MacMoney wrote:

I don't really like coke. Too sweet for me. Same thing with these 'ciders' like Rekorderlig. Sticky and cloyingly sweet, no thanks. Cider should not be like soda in anyway. Well, perhaps sparkling cider can be effervescent like soda, but the flavor shouldn't be similar and neither the mouthfeel.

Well it's not that bad really, that's all I'm saying. I definitely do not prefer it to beer of course, but still, it's drinkable.

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 pm 

I'm not an alcoholic, meaning that I don't drink that much and I can't stand most of the stronger drinks' taste. Despite that I do enjoy some lighter drinks like black beer or fernet (here in Argentina we drink a lot of this, you have to mix Fernet with coke)

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

omnishadow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:31 pm 

I'll drink anything with alcohol, but right now I'm more into rum and beer, in this order.

FantomLord17 wrote:
...while In Flames lyrics make me think of a teenager's facebook post.

sourlows
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 am 

Rum or whiskey. I usually drink for the effect, not the taste. I can't sit there and drink a case of beer like many of my friends can.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next