Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:13 am 

Tempered_Steel wrote:
3 Inches of Blood's set was pretty inspiring, and the sound quality is much better than yesterday morning's. I wish Wacken did a stream like this.

They were alright I guess. I didn't like the vocalist though. Granted I'm not a fan of those kind of vocals but he completely lost me when he yelled "pull people in!" (the mosh pit) You don't do that. Either people voluntarily join in our you leave them out of it.

Hell is playing right now. I don't know what's happening. I think someone left the vacuum cleaner running.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 am 

Now audio is completely gone. :(

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:24 am 

I'm just going to play the benny hill theme over it. Seems fitting for the things I'm seeing right now.

todesengel_hell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:21 am 

wth is with Kataklysm's double bass? other than that they sound pretty good.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:12 am 

So I guess Gojira isn't getting streamed? :(

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:39 pm 

Did Sabaton start early, or did I totally mistranslate UK time to EST?

bj_waters
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:22 pm 

First time seeing Sabaton live. Man, Joakim is GOOFY! It's a shame the stream's feed was so choppy during "Primo Victoria." Thanks again for posting the stream.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:31 pm 

I'm watching Dark Funeral's set from yesterday, and this sound is fucking atrocious. I've played bar shows that had better sound than this.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:00 pm 

Avantasia is starting now (about 15 minutes early) for anyone interested in seeing them!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:11 pm 

It appears that the stream does not work anymore, or at least not in the United States. Whenever you turn the stream on, the message "Video not available due to geo-restriction by the owner" appears.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:29 pm 

It works for me at the moment... Maybe a temporary issue?

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:49 pm 

Must be a U.S. thing, because it's happening to me also.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:39 pm 

Hmm, very strange. I don't know why that would be. Sorry guys, I have no control over that. :/

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:19 pm 

That's strange that it happens in the US and not Canada. I haven't had any issues like that and I've watched quite a few bands this weekend. I'm wondering if maybe a specific band didn't give their permission to stream in the US?

Also, Slayer just started!!!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:21 pm 

Man Araya sounds tired. Or maybe it's just that the vocals are too high in the mix?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:45 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Man Araya sounds tired. Or maybe it's just that the vocals are too high in the mix?

I think it just took him a few songs to warm up. His voice sounds great now. Although his stage banter seems kind of lacking for someone who has over 30 years of experience as a frontman.

attilaslaytanic666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:51 pm 

This is NOT SLAYER - Game Over.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:17 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
I think it just took him a few songs to warm up. His voice sounds great now. Although his stage banter seems kind of lacking for someone who has over 30 years of experience as a frontman.

I think it's just that nu-Slayer is inherently more grating. :D Yeah his banter is terrible though, wow...

Stream is lagging as hell for me. :( During the best songs too, sucks.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

attilaslaytanic666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:33 pm 

Is sad to say this after 30 years ... but currently, slayer are only a bad joke. I never thought I could say this, fuck.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:42 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Stream is lagging as hell for me. :( During the best songs too, sucks.

That's too bad. I had a bit of lag during Slayer, but I would say they were probably the least laggy band out of all of the ones I watched (except for maybe some of the early bands on Friday).

That was a wicked set though, and now I want to see Slayer again :D

Cheers for putting the stream up on the front page!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:43 pm 

Sure thing. Decent setlist aye (mercifully few nu-Slayer songs), but nothing at all from Show No Mercy? Man...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

VibrationsOfDoom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:04 pm 

Avantasia was great to watch, especially for all the Metal Opera songs they played and the dizzying array of guests! Seeing Kiske from Helloween and of course that looked like Floor doing the female vocals in the background...

Voivod I only got to watch since I was at work & no sound... Looking over the setlist, it was mostly their newest stuff which sounds like total crap (Kluskap Om Kom??!? WHat the fuck is that!??) Still, Overreaction from "Killing Technology" and 'Voivod' from I think War And Pain were the only older tracks...

Slayer... Damn they were pretty spot on musicianship wise, but I kept wondering why Tom doesn't do the high notes anymore... When I heard them on "Angel Of Death," now I know why... But yeah, his stage banter... Sheesh... He actually repeated himself a few times... Still, love the "love song" joke for Dead Skin Mask... And they played a few cuts from "Hell Awaits," which was cool... Lots of "South Of Heaven" and even some of the "Reign In Blood" material got good representation live.

Ex Deo... Ugh.. Horrible set... I didn't get to watch much of Friday due to being at work, and I slept too late to really witness much this weekend... LOVE the concept behind Ex Deo, but I am a huge NON-fan of Kataklysm (best albums are still the first few), so I really had hoped this project would do something for me... Sounds like bad metalcore with Roman influences... lol

Grant
Lovable Limey Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:49 pm 

Slayerrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

OVERKILL FOR BLOODSTOCK!!

Bin jousting was good, as was making munny there, Wearing my mankin iwas good, as was seeing Angel and Firewind.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2