Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:38 am 

Completely forgot about this band (well, guy) -- Haeresiarchs of Dis apparently has a new one coming out at the end of this month. Judging from the track, it's more in the same vein of HoD of old, which is to say a somewhat lysergic take on Emperor's Nightside/Anthems era. Lots of weirdness in this music alongside the obvious love for straightforward second-wave Norwegian black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqWR0jRRQPo

Calamity_Cometh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:16 am 

Mitochondrion's EP - IF it actually comes out this year. Seriously, they announced it... what? Last summer? I haven't been able to find any news on it since then. It's like they were issued a fucking gag order.

Also, Gorguts. Not stating anything new with that one but I am a huge Gorguts fanboy.

BlackHussar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:25 am 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Completely forgot about this band (well, guy) -- Haeresiarchs of Dis apparently has a new one coming out at the end of this month. Judging from the track, it's more in the same vein of HoD of old, which is to say a somewhat lysergic take on Emperor's Nightside/Anthems era. Lots of weirdness in this music alongside the obvious love for straightforward second-wave Norwegian black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqWR0jRRQPo

Sounds good. I love donald duck vocals at 1:59.

pressingtoplead13 wrote:
Songs like "Meathook Sodomy" and "Addicted To Vaginal Skin" are some of my favorite songs all time to karoake [...]

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:09 pm 

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind wrote:
New Death Metal gonna be released by Invictus

Manifesting - Descension Through the Seven Forbidden Seals

I'm really digging this. Really nice, brooding, occult death metal. Thanks!

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 pm 

this came completely out of the blue, but excommunion have a new album coming out through dark descent records.

from dark descent:
"In death we are born again, to rise once more with new form, beneath the Shadow of the Logos. Old doctrines are cast into the abyss and old flesh flensed and given to the flames of pyres. Let only the old name remain as our epithet. Let all else burn and fall from this new and glorious form within the paradoxical light of a greater heresy. In death, Excommunion arises once more…"

New album (CD/vinyl) in 2014 from Dark Descent Records. More info soon.

totally chuffed to hear this, superion was a superb album as was their split with dethroned, so definitely interested to hear how this turns out

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:50 pm 

Where the fuck is the new The Ruins of Beverast?

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:53 am 

Hail Of Bullets - "The release date is planned for October/early November via Metal Blade Records"
Anything this band does is gold as far as I'm concerned. I'm expecting another epic Swano mix and tons of chainsaw riffing, Van Drunen's powerful vocals, and Warby's pounding drums. I hope they produce another interesting atmosphere that's present on their first two offerings. War and death metal are an excellent combination. These cohesive, experienced pros do it better than anyone else. I'm as excited for this record as any other album out or due out this year. I hope a vinyl is available, as I have collected their first two LPs already.

Pathology- "Pathology have revealed that "Lords Of Rephaim" will be released Sep, 3rd 2013 on Sevared Records."
With the return of vocalist Matti Way and guitarist Tim Tiszczenko this should be a pummeling brand of brutal death driven by Dave Astor's hammer-handed drumming. He continues to reach his goal to put out an album every year and this one should be excellent - like most all of Pathology's discography to date.

Soreption - Engineering The Void, due out December 2013.
Soreption has some of the most interesting guitar work I've found since Decaptitated. Amazing technicality with brutal stop/start riffing that is masterful on their works to date. I'm very excited to see what they come up with after such a long layoff.

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:59 am 

Gore__Grinder wrote:
this came completely out of the blue, but excommunion have a new album coming out through dark descent records.

Wait what?! No way! I thought they'd split up some time ago, that's great news!

Wilytank wrote:
Where the fuck is the new The Ruins of Beverast?

Indeed! One new song released then nothing in months :(

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:23 am 

New Protector album "Reanimated Homunculus". Released by High Roller Records later this year is something i'm really excited about. Heard a few new songs live yet. They kicked as hell..

http://www.hrrecords.de/high_roller/pix/releases/388_protectorreanimatedhomunculuscd_bg.jpg

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:12 am 

Gore__Grinder wrote:

from dark descent:
"In death we are born again, to rise once more with new form, beneath the Shadow of the Logos. Old doctrines are cast into the abyss and old flesh flensed and given to the flames of pyres. Let only the old name remain as our epithet. Let all else burn and fall from this new and glorious form within the paradoxical light of a greater heresy. In death, Excommunion arises once more…"

New album (CD/vinyl) in 2014 from Dark Descent Records. More info soon.

totally chuffed to hear this, superion was a superb album as was their split with dethroned, so definitely interested to hear how this turns out

This is something cool I had no idea was coming, Dethroned was better, but Excommunion are still an excellent, excellent band and I'm excited.for this.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:37 pm 

I predict that Vattnet Viskar's debut album "Sky Swallower" will be one of the best albums of 2013. I have felt this way since hearing their EP and seeing them live, but now this new song only furthers these suspicions.
http://www.stereogum.com/1409322/vattne ... iere/mp3s/

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:32 am 

In expectance of new Vulture Industries album... I am just playing this single:
Spoiler: show

I firstly let it play in a background and during the 4th or 5th listen I was like "Damn, it isn't bad!"

Vintersorrow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:18 am 

You beautiful Vulture Industries you.

YinYang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 am 

Call me a dreamer, but I'm really looking forward to the new satyircon album. after such a long break, I'm hopehful that their new one is not justgoing to be a mixture of vlolcano, now diabolical and the age nof nero.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:48 pm 

ThePoop wrote:
I predict that Vattnet Viskar's debut album "Sky Swallower" will be one of the best albums of 2013. I have felt this way since hearing their EP and seeing them live, but now this new song only furthers these suspicions.

I really liked their EP too, and have also seen them live (they were awesome), but I don't think that this song lives up to the EP. I still think it's very good, and within the context of the album it might turn out to work better, but on it's own I think it falls a little short of my expectations.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:49 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
Hail Of Bullets - "The release date is planned for October/early November via Metal Blade Records"
Anything this band does is gold as far as I'm concerned. I'm expecting another epic Swano mix and tons of chainsaw riffing, Van Drunen's powerful vocals, and Warby's pounding drums. I hope they produce another interesting atmosphere that's present on their first two offerings. War and death metal are an excellent combination. These cohesive, experienced pros do it better than anyone else. I'm as excited for this record as any other album out or due out this year. I hope a vinyl is available, as I have collected their first two LPs already.

Oh damn, I had no idea Hail of bullets was working on a new album, I was thinking about when they were gonna put out a new album just yesterday.
Also, nice post count... wonder when 1349 will release a new album too, Demonoir wasn't too bad especially when compared to that god awful album they did before that.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:57 pm 

Anyway, stuff I am waiting for :-

* Grave Miasma - Odori Supulcrorum

* Temple Nightside - Condemnation

* Ævangelist - Omen Ex Simulacra

* Shroud of the Heretic - Revelations in Alchemy

Loved their 2011 Death Doom ep. Fans of bands like Grave Miasma, Incantation, Sonne Adam will like this.

This. Also looking forward to the Grave Miasma and Temple Nightside releases, as well as getting my hands on the Beyond full length (the 7" was incredibly good). That Shroud Of The Heretic sounds intriguing...

New Death Metal gonna be released by Invictus

Manifesting - Descension Through the Seven Forbidden Seals

This was awesome, just bought the EP and demo from Invictus, thanks!

Looking forward to two other releases from Nuclear Winter records; an Ensnared Mcd and a full length from Funerary Pit, which should be interesting.

My collection

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:21 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
Also, nice post count... wonder when 1349 will release a new album too, Demonoir wasn't too bad especially when compared to that god awful album they did before that.

Revelations gets so much crap. I really liked it though. Demonoir was definitely superior, I hope they continue to release material with a blend of blistering speed and brooding atmospherics.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:35 pm 

I dont know if it is scheduled for this year but this preview is super-promising... oh, and I am talking about norwegian MANES
http://youtu.be/T-dtUTjwHgI

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 am 

* Ævangelist - Omen Ex Simulacra

newly released song too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ToqQ9yK_k

oh man, i cannot wait for this, and so soon after their debut.

and i read they've got a split with esoterica lined up shortly as well, no shortage of material in the works for these guys haha

InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 am 

Hail of Bullets! Can't get enough of Martin van Drunen's vocals.
Anyone heard the new Ereb Altor album?

http://www.erebaltor.com/

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 pm 

According to Forever Plagued Records Incursus - Adaestuo MLP is coming in August/September 2013. here's sample: https://soundcloud.com/forever-plagued- ... aestuo-iii

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:09 am 

Is anybody interrested in the album Vhol by the new usbm band Vhöl.

Members of Ludicra, Hammers Of Misfotrune, YOB and Agalloch have founded this band in 2012, and this year they have released their first full-lenght.

Did anybody check it out yet?

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:00 pm 

Swans is gonna be releasing a live album sometime this year. Definitely excited for that. It will probably be even better than We Rose From Our Beds...!

Enthroned3112
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:19 pm 

new Darkspace!!

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:58 pm 

Any new Sortilegia stuff
New Christicide album
Shroud of the Heretic
Grave Miasma
Cruciamentum album (could be 2014, idk)
Dread Soevereign stuff
Goatpenis album
Satan's Satyrs
Wulkanaz album

Highlight so far was the Necrowretch "Putrid Death Sorcery" album.

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:58 pm 

Weerwolf wrote:

What ? Cruciamentum got back ?

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 am 

Weerwolf wrote:

What ? Cruciamentum got back ?

last album (+ possible tour) from what I heard

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:01 am 

Yeah, they announced (on their Facebook page) back at the start of June that they were working on a full length album. In the comments, they stated:
Quote:
The future is still uncertain, and very much dependent upon if things can work out logistically, but we have decided to spend the extra time to make this next release a full length. No promises for any live performances at this time, but the urge to at least tour the album upon release is there. It's all dependent on schedules and offers.
All they specified after that was that they wouldn't be playing in England again (though they didn't say why). I'm ridiculously excited about this one.

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 pm 

So, Corpsessed are working on a full length

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:45 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
ThePoop wrote:

I really liked their EP too, and have also seen them live (they were awesome), but I don't think that this song lives up to the EP. I still think it's very good, and within the context of the album it might turn out to work better, but on it's own I think it falls a little short of my expectations.

I just heard that new song yesterday and was blown away. I can't believe they're from New Hampshire - that heavy, doomy sound screams Finland (to me, based on that one song, they sound like a combination of Swallow the Sun and Insomnium). Well, it is cool to find US musicians making the type of music I like to hear :) (I feel the same way about Starkill.)

Anyway, since you say the EP is even better, it must be incredible. I'm gonna order it, and make myself wait till it arrives and experience it in its entirety. Must resist the temptation to find the songs on youtube....

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:53 am 

Many have been waiting for this. Here's a taste of the new Grave Miasma song titled 'Ovation To A Thousand Lost Reveries'

http://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecor ... ation-to-a

The album "Odori Sepulcrorum" comes out on 13.9.13

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:23 pm 

^ At long last! Everyone's holding their bladders for the new Gorguts and Ulcerate, as am I, but I didn't think Grave Miasma we're ever going to get around to making a full-length anytime soon. Definitely a priority acquisition for me now.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

NecropsY
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:55 pm 

new gorguts is the best thing they have ever done

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:13 pm 

I'm really curious how the new Rosetta album "The Anaesthete" will sound like. The cover artwork and the new band logo (which can be seen here), as well as the fact that the album will be distributed - vinyl only, unfortunately - by Debemur Morti in Europe suggests it's gonna sound darker than their previous releases.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:08 pm 

CoF wrote:
I'm really curious how the new Rosetta album "The Anaesthete" will sound like. The cover artwork and the new band logo (which can be seen here), as well as the fact that the album will be distributed - vinyl only, unfortunately - by Debemur Morti in Europe suggests it's gonna sound darker than their previous releases.

Hold up, this is the same Rosetta that did Gallilean Satellites? Looks like something from a completely different band.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Brutality_Junkie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:11 pm 

Internal Bleeding's 'Imperium'.

Based on this single alone it's shaping up to be one of the band's best.

A Backwards 6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:42 am 

New Debauchery album Kings of Carnage. The release date is tomorrow, so i'm currently very excited.
The previous album was rather an embarrassment for german death metal and the previous album of that has had way too much pure hard rock songs. I was convinced that Debauchery are past their best, but this album sounds like an improvement again.

Nice teaser video, btw. lol

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:52 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
CoF wrote:

Hold up, this is the same Rosetta that did Gallilean Satellites? Looks like something from a completely different band.

Yeah, well, judging from the two new tracks streamed here, they don't seem to have changed that much at all, except for the added heaviness in the first song.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:41 am 

A Backwards 6 wrote:
New Debauchery album Kings of Carnage. The release date is tomorrow, so i'm currently very excited.
The previous album was rather an embarrassment for german death metal and the previous album of that has had way too much pure hard rock songs. I was convinced that Debauchery are past their best, but this album sounds like an improvement again.

Nice teaser video, btw. lol

Eh, I didnt care for it. My main gripe is the way the guitar sounds.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next