Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
blackened_dove
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 pm 

If I make a mistake uploading a photo, do I really have to wait for someone else to find in among all the other vast number of reports? Can't I just correct or delete it myself? I can understand it is I was editing someone else's contribution.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:59 pm 

Usually, yes, you have to wait until someone else goes and corrects it. That is, at least, until you build up your rank enough to do corrections (that's when you reach the Veteran rank).
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

blackened_dove
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:39 pm 

So I have to wait for someone else to work through the 800 other reports instead of me just being able to correct my own mistake? That's fucking retarded.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:44 pm 

You don't like it? Then go.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:13 am 

Reports for queued submissions don't show up in the regular report queue. They are displayed directly on the band preview page and an orange box saying so is visible to any mod who checks the submission. I always try to deal with any submission-specific reports first before approving a band, and I'm fairly sure that's how most other mods handle it as well. So the main report queue doesn't really apply and no one has to go through 800 reports first to deal with your corrections. It's rather a question of how full the band queue is. Nevermind, I thought you meant pending submissions.

Patience is a virtue. I know the queues are currently a mess (again...). We're trying to make a dent, really, but without constant attention it's often an uphill battle. Still, all reports are dealt with eventually.

blackened_dove, it's really not that simple. We don't give any special editing privileges to users adding a band (or band members), that's not how our system works. Ranks/points apply to everyone. Just because someone added a band doesn't mean he now is magically entitled to do with the page as he pleases. Unfortunately, generally speaking, it is not a good idea trusting people in that regard. Not all edits are as trivial as yours presumably is, and not every band submitted by someone is automatically a band the respective user is completely familiar/objective with and can therefore be trusted to be 100% accurate/neutral/encyclopedic in his modifications. Especially so if the user in question is a band member, many people forget that we are not a promotional outlet.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:09 pm 

^
Besides you can still edit pictures and everything else when the band is still in your draft. It's a good idea to double-check your draft before hitting that "submit to queue" link...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

DismalSolitude
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 am 

Now that I am banned, I'd like to remove my review, some of my submissions and info from here forever. As I'm banned, I can't access the review removal or editing pages.

I don't care so my much about the edits, but I am still the author of the review and no longer wish to have it here.

Help?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:50 am 

Review deleted, that's a reasonable request.

DismalSolitude
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:13 am 

Thanks and sorry for fucking around. Got a little too drunk.

Reply to topic