Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
markoff_chaney
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:44 am 

Have you ever been the victim of a practical joke? Have you ever played a hilarious prank on somebody? Please share your stories. As for me, when I was 17 I got a job counting votes at the local state election. I forget the specific details, but there were some duties you had to be 18 to perform, but because everybody wanted to go home early I was allowed to perform these duties. So I came home that night and told my parents about it and thought nothing more. My father told his friend about this and the next day I received a phone call. Someone claiming to be a police officer told me that he had heard that I was performing these duties that you had to be 18 to perform and that what I did amounted to fraud which the police take very seriously. This "police officer" informed me that I had to stay in the city for questioning. At this point I was shitting my pants because it was almost schoolies week (an Australian tradition in which high school leavers go the beach or some such place for a week long party). After this the "police officer" asked for a bribe. It was here that I realised what was going on and cursed out my father's friend.
My other story goes back to 2006 when I moved into a new share house. Unbeknownst to me, one of my new housemates had an Islamic prayer clock which she hid under my bed. After a night of drinking and smoking cones I passed out in my bed. At 4 o clock in the morning I was wakened up by this ungodly "ALLAHU AKBAR!". I had no idea what was going on but followed the sound to this Islamic prayer clock. I didn't know how to turn the thing off so I ended up breaking it.
Anyway, maybe they're not the best pranks ever, but it's just a little something to get the ball rolling.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:18 pm 

This is a repost from an old thread called Creepiest things that have happened to you v2

I work at a mental hospital that up until 4 years ago had been pretty much abandoned for a couple of years. The building used to be the regular old hospital back in the 70s so a lot of people have died here and if you're one that believes that mental patients harbor a lot of negative energy then this place could be teeming with it also. I've heard many stories from the nursing staff and techs who work here even from EMS drivers that claim they heard things when they used to work here in the old days. Things like sounds of some thing or some one moving between the walls, of blood curdling screams coming from the end of the old maternity ward section of the building, of a little boy that has been seen sitting at the cafeteria looking all depressed, and of a little girl that has been seen wandering or heard from the other side of the walls talking with what sounds like an old lady.

When I was new here I’d get chills and the hair on the back of my neck would stand simply by walking by the old morgue. The sense that someone is watching you, the eerie silence and the sudden bang of the steel doors, all this plus the stories people told me reminded me of the movie Session No. 9. People would say that if an area felt creepy or downright evil that it was because something was really there. If this was true, I thought, then I should announce myself, say hello, and state that I meant no harm to anyone in this or any other world. People told me not to do that because it meant that I was recognizing their presence and that this would give them the power to take over my spirit and/or control me. I ignored their warnings because I felt it helped me deal with whatever presence or energy was there if any.

I was making my rounds by the old maternity ward once when I noticed a door open slightly as I walked right past it. Now remember, this is a section that is not being used by the current psychiatric hospital which is on the other side of the building so nobody should be there. The only explanation that I could come up with was that since the doors do not have a door knob and could be easily opened that perhaps as I entered the hall, my body pushed what ever air was in the hall forcing the door open. Nevertheless it was creep city. Another unsettling moment came when a constable who was there dropping off a patient shot a picture outside the morgue after she was told there were sounds coming from the end of the hall. The morgue is the one with the little window. After carefully analyzing the pic she discovered what appeared to be the image of a very old looking female child. She looks like the girl from the Exorcist with long hair and a night gown. She started e-mailing the picture to everybody. I asked the constable if she had somehow photoshopped it at home or on her cellphone but she swore she hadn’t.

Later on that day she came back with another patient through the front of the building so I had the opportunity to take her where I had seen the door open during my round. Apparently it was the location where many of the strange occurings had taken place and I felt it would be perfect to creep her out. She immediately took a pic of the dining hall and within seconds became aghast at seeing the disembodied and heavily cast-shadowed face of a man looking up close to the ceiling. No way! But how? This was too easy for her. I grew skeptical but the more I looked at both pics the more creeped out I got working that night. I went about showing it to other people in school who were creeped out by it just as I had been for two days straight. People would shudder and exclaim that chills were running down their spines and that they had had been hesitant to share the pics as well out of fear that the ghosts would come and haunt them for exposing their image haphazardly. Then a thought came to me, what if this was done with an app? I googled it, and yes, there it was, the ghost app. I had been the subject of a cruel joke. The whole staff had been in on it to creep out the new guard.

DanFuckingLucas
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:47 pm 

Once, my old housemate was late in to the lab (PhD in physics) and one of the guys in the lab wrote a program and installed it on his computer.

When he turned it on, every 20 minutes on the dot, it opened up to the chorus of this, and my housemate couldn't figure out how to disable it hahahaha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:48 pm 

all I can say in this regard: sneaky poo.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Back Stabbath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:31 am 

DanFuckingLucas wrote:
Once, my old housemate was late in to the lab (PhD in physics) and one of the guys in the lab wrote a program and installed it on his computer.

When he turned it on, every 20 minutes on the dot, it opened up to the chorus of this, and my housemate couldn't figure out how to disable it hahahaha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

I have been depressed for weeks, and you just made me so happy with this. I'm amazed how well Michael Bolton can do Tony Montana. You complete me.

My mates in Adelaide used to ring up the local right wing shock-jock Bob Francis, they actually released the conversations as "the Red Tapes". One time some other young rednecks rang him about beating up some gay guy at an Adelaide art festival, and the radio guy basically advocated it as being okay on air. So my mate of Red Tapes fame followed up with another call, about being a blind guy with a guide dog who was beaten up by rednecks who were "tooling" all over his dog at the festival.

Tooling means masturbating. The shock-jock bought it, back-pedalling all over the place.

Morton Salt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:36 pm 

I've been doing this thing recently where I've been pissing in this 40 oz. Olde English bottle that I keep up at my practice space. I've been contemplating what to do with it. I'm thinking that I should fill it up all the way and put it in a gas station cooler.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:57 am 

What kind of piss?

I remember a time when I was drinking, and was pretty shitfaced, and my friend was only a little shitfaced. I bet him that if he drank my piss from that night that he would get more drunk than me.

He did.

~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 pm 

This isn't my story.

"One year me and my friends stole a scarecrow from someones garden. We kept it for a year, and took it with us anytime we went for a random adventure and took photos of it in different locations across Ireland. The next halloween we put it back in the same garden with the photos in the shirt pocket. "

Reply to topic