Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:48 am 

Sensationalist title I know, more like 'briefly detained', for being a mini-Brevik(sic) no less.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20130716/breivik ... acre-fears

EDIT: They changed the headline, the original one referred to him as a 'Mini-Brevik'.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:56 am 

That's the first time I have ever read an article about Varg that didn't mention Burzum, black metal, or the death of Euronymous. Also I don't believe that Varg would ever plan a terroristic assault (he burned down churches I know), he's a racist bigot but he isn't that dumb.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:03 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
...he's a racist bigot but he isn't that dumb.

I don't know, reading some of the stuff he's written recently makes it hard for me to agree with that.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:12 am 

:lol: Hahahaha oh yes he is. He's an attention addicted, racist, nazi, white supremacist with paranoid delusions and delusions of grandeur, that time and time again writes that action means everything.

This made my day.
:lol:

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:15 am 

Didn't Varg publicly declaim Breivik?

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:16 am 

matras wrote:
:lol: Hahahaha oh yes he is. He's an attention addicted, racist, nazi, white supremacist with paranoid delusions and delusions of grandeur, that time and time again writes that action means everything.

This made my day.

You seem to forget that he has a family, is actively making music, and seems content with spewing out his nonsene online. I just don't see how him planning and executing a terroristic attack would do him and his "cause" any good.

Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:20 am 

juicebitch wrote:
Didn't Varg publicly declaim Breivik?

Well.
Only because he killed "pure-blood" Norwegians and not Jews or Arabs.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:25 am 

Good riddance, maybe it'll teach him not to write about stupid shit or support mass-murdering terrorists.

Well probably not. But oh well. At least someone shut him up for a while.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:31 am 

Gonna be interesting watching, this news event! Varg's a loony but I can't really bring myself to hate him. He is what he is and writes music that is often good. Eagerly awaiting updates.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:32 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
You seem to forget that he has a family, is actively making music, and seems content with spewing out his nonsene online. I just don't see how him planning and executing a terroristic attack would do him and his "cause" any good.

No, I don't forget that. His music is secondary to him in comparison to his "cause". His family is part of his "cause". He's said as much himself. And of course it wouldn't do him any good; terrorist acts seldom do the perps any good. And in that kind of delusional mind, being a "martyr" is preferable to being forgotten and deemed irrelevant. We're talking about a guy who thinks the ancient Egyptians were Europeans, and that non-white people are another species, calling Hitler a "divine human".

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:35 am 

Yeah, the sensationalism in the title is retarded. Just look at the people commenting. He is detained because his wife purchased 4 rifles, and because of his blog. He is not arrested for a crime, and so far they appear to not have found anything.

henkkjelle wrote:
That's the first time I have ever read an article about Varg that didn't mention Burzum, black metal, or the death of Euronymous. Also I don't believe that Varg would ever plan a terroristic assault (he burned down churches I know), he's a racist bigot but he isn't that dumb.

It mentions all three infact, but maybe it has been edited.

Empyreal wrote:
Good riddance, maybe it'll teach him not to write about stupid shit or support mass-murdering terrorists.

Well probably not. But oh well. At least someone shut him up for a while.

Well, he did condemn the Breivik attacks. I know it's because he believes the Jews are behind this, but still - he's no supporter of Breivik.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:36 am 

Is there any evidence for his claim that immigrant youths threw rocks at rescue personel after the crash?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:38 am 

Of course not its fucking Varg :lol:

SkinMM
Jesus Loves Me (More than You)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:38 am 

Ridiculous to attempt to connect him to Breivik, considering he suggested Breivik should kill himself and was a traitor only 6 months ago on his blog.

Don't believe for a single second he was 'planning a massacre' - his writings, which were becoming increasingly explicit(although never advocating violence), are likely to have attracted the attention of the enforcers of the current order in France AKA the defenders of 'democracy and human rights'.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:42 am 

I sincerly doubt this will lead to any kind of serious charge.

SoldierOfHell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:45 am 

droneriot wrote:
Is there any evidence for his claim that immigrant youths threw rocks at rescue personel after the crash?

The medias said that there was some rock thrown at the police and firefighter when they arrived to the crash zone

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:46 am 

Vargy boy's been hitting the tetrapak wine a little too hard of late, I pressume.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 am 

Deleted because of double post.

Last edited by henkkjelle on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:57 am 

@raumr

Hmm... it must not have loaded correctly the first time I opened the page. Oh well, just look at it as a sarcastic comment. :-P

Oh god damned, I didn't remove my comment before this one...

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:01 am 

I know Vikernes isn't so good, but this sensationalist media isn't much better. Read this from one Finnish s(h)ite, and there was more mixed facts than I can count on my fingers. The same site formerly claimed for example that Ozzy has sung on 19 Sabbath albums.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:04 am 

Varg is the Paris Hilton of black metal

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:06 am 

Lol. Very interested to see how this turns out. :D

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 am 

matras wrote:
henkkjelle wrote:

No, I don't forget that. His music is secondary to him in comparison to his "cause". His family is part of his "cause". He's said as much himself. And of course it wouldn't do him any good; terrorist acts seldom do the perps any good. And in that kind of delusional mind, being a "martyr" is preferable to being forgotten and deemed irrelevant. We're talking about a guy who thinks the ancient Egyptians were Europeans, and that non-white people are another species, calling Hitler a "divine human".

I just don't see Varg doing it. He's mostly a keyboard warrior anyway and looking at the reason they arrested him Police acted after his French wife, the mother of his three children recently purchased four rifles. The wife has a license to own guns and is a member of a local shooting club but police feared the weapons had been bought for a far more sinister reason. It doesn't even have anything to do with Varg directly. And yes, they are still searching his house but I will be very suprised if they find anything leading to a terroristic plot. Varg also posted a comment about the train crash near Paris saying this: “I am so angry, and I have been the whole day, and I just don’t understand why Europe doesn’t revolt against this… It must stop; we must take actions to end this. Before it is too late.”

I guess the police put two and two together as he is a well known grumpy person.

ThrashingTheRedemer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:24 am 

Somebody please think of the rabbits

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:29 am 

Of course they've had their eyes on him, they're not stupid. And henkkjelle, of course he does not have to have huge blueprints with plans a la a villain from James Bond. Do you really think that all lengthy investigations of suspected plans to commit a terror crime is based on someone posting on something like an open blog, free for all to read? His plans in the past has been quite elaborate.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:33 am 

matras wrote:
Of course they've had their eyes on him, they're not stupid. And henkkjelle, of course he does not have to have huge blueprints with plans a la a villain from James Bond. Do you really think that all lengthy investigations of suspected plans to commit a terror crime is based on someone posting on something like an open blog, free for all to read? His plans in the past has been quite elaborate.

Ow just stop. You know damn well I wasn't talking about vargs doomsday machine underneath his house.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 am 

:lol: What an amazing set of pictures that brought to my inner eye! Hahahaha!
Of course not. And I would be very surprised if he isn't out by tomorrow morning, typing away about how the Transdimensional Space Jews were trying to imprison him again, barring if they actually find something else. But the fact that they brought him in, and that they conduct a search of his farm, leads me to believe they know something we don't know about. His wife is arrested as well you know.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:52 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
That's the first time I have ever read an article about Varg that didn't mention Burzum, black metal, or the death of Euronymous

"According to news website Le Point, Vikernes settled in France after serving part of a 21-year prison sentence in Norway for stabbing a friend in the 90s.
As a prominent part of Norway’s black metal scene at the time, Vikernes, who recorded music under the moniker ‘Burzum’, was also involved in burning down at least three Christian churches in the country."

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:53 am 

Quote:
Breivik sympathizer held over massacre fears

Massacring the next Burzum release, yeah.

I bet the Norwegian media is all over this.

The idea of Varg pulling a Breivik is kinda of comical, but this seems like a pretty bullshit reason to arrest someone. I'm awaiting to see if he had real plans to do something or if it's just the french authorities arresting some talkative neo-nazi loony to pat themselves on the back for saving the world of Varg's bullshit and his terrible music as of late

Last edited by Marag on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:55 am 

Lagartija wrote:
henkkjelle wrote:
That's the first time I have ever read an article about Varg that didn't mention Burzum, black metal, or the death of Euronymous

"According to news website Le Point, Vikernes settled in France after serving part of a 21-year prison sentence in Norway for stabbing a friend in the 90s.
As a prominent part of Norway’s black metal scene at the time, Vikernes, who recorded music under the moniker ‘Burzum’, was also involved in burning down at least three Christian churches in the country."

henkkjelle wrote:

Hmm... it must not have loaded correctly the first time I opened the page. Oh well, just look at it as a sarcastic comment. :-P

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:39 am 

Does this mean more synth records? Dear god.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 am 

godsonsafari wrote:
Does this mean more synth records? Dear god.

On a serious note, I'm expecting a little backlash of "omg they are picking on metal again!" from the kvlt kiddies.

To be honest, he has enough of a history to at least be a suspect. And gun club member or no, purchasing four rifles at once out of the blue is unquestionably suspicious given his history, a convicted murderor, known white-supremist. As for the Brevik thing, he did discuss and partially agree with his manifesto, he just was mad at Brevik for killing white Norwegians instead of dirty immigrants.

If I was anybody in power, I'd rather arrest the fellow and have some people moan about it online, than even risk another shooting. Tough luck Varg, but for all your musings and enlightenment, you don't have any actual clout or power.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:20 am 

Empyreal wrote:
At least someone shut him up for a while.

You kidding me? Once he gets computer access, he'll make a shitstorm on his blog.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 am 

Wow, it made the BBC News top headlines, third-to-top article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23327165

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:01 am 

Quote:
On a serious note, I'm expecting a little backlash of "omg they are picking on metal again!" from the kvlt kiddies.

Yeah, someone will say that. Personally I can't cry about a unrepentant, white supremacist arsonist/murderer potentially going back to jail given that he's in no way, shape, or form really rehabilitated.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:20 am 

:lol: Oh man, this is hilarious. Who's up for some more shitty keyboard/ambient albums? :lol:

Obligatory Last FM Link

Severb
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:27 am 

Blah, who cares about what his political views are? People meddling into your own opinions are the thing that pisses me off the most.
Yet still I support my claim that this arrest was rather because of the latest synth album. God I still can't take this shit off my mind.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:29 am 

Is there actually any proof of a planned terrorist attack or were they just arrested because of their crazy views and the fact that they (legally) had guns?

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:32 am 

Severb wrote:
Blah, who cares about what his political views are? People meddling into your own opinions are the thing that pisses me off the most. (...)

The people he spreads hate about (i.e. non-white supremasists)?

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:34 am 

dystopia4 wrote:
Is there actually any proof of a planned terrorist attack or were they just arrested because of their crazy views and the fact that they (legally) had guns?

According to the police they've had their eyes on him for quite a while, and they certainly know more than it says in the press. Otherwise they wouldn't have arrested his wife too, right? After all, they say that her getting the weapons were legal.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next