* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:58 am 

TheRealThing wrote:
Rabbits - Lower Forms

it's pretty interesting but not as good as I was hoping :( not any hardcore in it.

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:25 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
TheRealThing wrote:
Rabbits - Lower Forms

it's pretty interesting but not as good as I was hoping :( not any hardcore in it.

There are some parts that get pretty fast and hardcore-like. Hell, sometimes the drummer even plays some blast beats. Most of the time it tends to hang around a mid-paced Unsane tempo though. Admittedly it's not as hardcore as I had hoped, it is still a really good listen!

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:29 pm 

Iron Saviour - Unification

Never heard this band but I found it in a used record store and thought the cover was cool so I bought it on a whim.

Just listened to the first song and it sounds pretty decent actually!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:06 pm 

Just got a bunch of stuff from HPB:
Opera IX - Sacro Culto
Opera IX - Anphisbena
My Dying Bride - 34.788%... Complete
Keep of Kalessin - Agnen: A Journey Through the Dark
Airborne Toxic Event - The Airborne Toxic Event
Individual Totem - Mind Sculptures Flesh (no idea what this is but it was only $2.00)

Also I threw this in the FFA but I'll put it here too for anybody interested. The Half Priced Books in the Algonquin commons has an Iron Maiden picture vinyl .45 of Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:28 pm 

Got these two on wax:

Victims - A Dissident

If you've ever heard Acursed or Masakari, this is right up that alley. Hardcore/crust/grind, a bit repetitive but that doesnt bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I prefer it when it comes to this style. Bought this as a blind purchase for six bucks after seeing they were on Tank Crimes.

Black Flag - My War

I've only ever owned Damaged up to this point so I figure I better scoop up some more Black Flag! Great classic punk. After this I'll look into the Keith Morris stuff.

This is the most vinyl I've bought in years. I got these two, that Pignation album, and Bad Religion's True North (I now own all of their albums on 12" LP). It's been over two years since I've bought music in this format.

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:14 pm 

TheJizzHammer wrote:
Black Flag - My War

I've only ever owned Damaged up to this point so I figure I better scoop up some more Black Flag! Great classic punk. After this I'll look into the Keith Morris stuff.

Honestly, the Rollins Black Flag is the best stuff. Keith Morris, Dez, and Reyes were great, but Rollins was the epitome of hardcore singers. Damaged, My War, Loose Nut, Slip it In, In My Head, Family Man, Whose Got the 10 1/2 Inch, The Process of Weeding Out - All must-own Black Flag albums (although I'm sure there are plenty of people that will argue everything I have said).

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:23 pm 

TheRealThing wrote:
TheJizzHammer wrote:
Black Flag - My War

Honestly, the Rollins Black Flag is the best stuff. Keith Morris, Dez, and Reyes were great, but Rollins was the epitome of hardcore singers. Damaged, My War, Loose Nut, Slip it In, In My Head, Family Man, Whose Got the 10 1/2 Inch, The Process of Weeding Out - All must-own Black Flag albums (although I'm sure there are plenty of people that will argue everything I have said).

Well you'll get one supporter. Slip It In is my favorite BF release, and Rollins is at his best on it. No way I'd put any other singers against what he accomplished in the band.
Oddeye wrote:
Iron Saviour - Unification

Never heard this band but I found it in a used record store and thought the cover was cool so I bought it on a whim.

Just listened to the first song and it sounds pretty decent actually!

Killer German power metal. It was my first album by the band as well.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:34 pm 

TheRealThing wrote:
TheJizzHammer wrote:
Black Flag - My War

I prefer the Keith Morris era, as brief as it was. I like just about everything he's done in music and the Nervous Breakdown EP is my favorite material of theirs. That doesn't say much about my opinion on Henry, though. I still think he's an excellent performer and did some fucking awesome stuff with Black Flag.

CatFlatulence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:00 pm 

I went to Hastings earlier today and sold a hundred bucks worth of dvds that have been in boxes in my closet for the last couple years. I came out pretty good.

Spoiler: show

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:08 pm 

Yea I would say you did pretty well there.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:45 pm 

Hastings aka GoHastings on Ebay?
They have an actual shop too, sweet.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:51 pm 

I'm pretty sure they have quite a few. I've been to one in Oklahoma and they had a really great selection.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:37 pm 

Deeds of Flesh - Portals to Canaan
Mitochondrion - Parasignosis
Disembowelment - s/t
Pest - Rest in Morbid Darkness
Abazagorath/Blood Storm - Ancient Entities Arise split

I'm not sure how or why it took Deeds of Flesh this long to figure out how to construct engaging, memorable songs, but I'm quite glad they did because this is one hell of an album. It doesn't have the Deeds signature musical tension that never lets up, nor the accompanying lack of dynamics -- seemingly part of the Lindmark modus operandi over the years -- but I'll gladly accept this slight exchange of band identity for song identity. The album sounds huge and amazing.

Also shame on me for only just now getting around to checking out Disembowelment. Local metal radio show played "The Tree of Life and Death" a few weeks ago and I immediately needed to know who it was. Needless to say, after that I bumped the band up to the top of my "GET THIS NOW" list.

CatFlatulence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:23 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
I'm pretty sure they have quite a few. I've been to one in Oklahoma and they had a really great selection.

Yes, I was surprised of how much they actually had. My friend picked up the new Immolation from there a week or so ago and I was hoping to be able to snag a copy, but no such luck. Still, they had a couple other CC picture discs, as well as the first three Bodom picture discs, some Sleep, Nachtmystium, Madseason, a few Megadeth repressings, new Meshuggah, all Pantera LPs including 101 proof, the new Ensiferum, shit ton of Maiden, too. Pretty typical stuff for the most part, but still a great place to go to find random stuff worth buying.

bkrootz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:28 am 

I am a huge prog/power metal fan! Just recently bought:

Reckoning Night by Sonata Arctica
V: The New Mythology Suite by Symphony X
Where Stories End by Darkwater
Destination Set to Nowhere by Vision Divine
New Era pt. 3 - The Appocalypse by Derdian

And a few hair metal albums (Def Leppard, Warrant, Ratt, etc.)

Anybody listened to any of these albums?

SisuBerserk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:49 am 

Just ordered:

Azaghal - Nemesis
Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden (US version)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:30 am 

Got myself some hellish noise to celebrate getting a job! yeee haa!
It’s taken me a week to add and update this lot on Discogs ha ha

Agoraphobic Nosebleed ‎– Altered States Of America / ANbRX Pharmaceuticals II [double CD with remixes, half clear discs too, I have the ltd ed mini CD of this too]
Agoraphobic Nosebleed ‎– PCP Torpedo / ANbRX [double CD with remixes in a Digipak, I'm not sure if the songs are different to ANbRX Pharmaceuticals II]
Anarazel – Undivine [vicious and catchy AUS BM with former members of NZ band Coven] *new to Discogs
Asphyx ‎– Live Death Doom [double live CD]
Autopsy ‎– All Tomorrow’s Funerals [UK Digibook]
Centinex ‎– Diabolical Desolation [not bad, took a gamble, needs a few more listens]
Cross Examination ‎– The Hung Jury [crossover/thrash with bonus songs and covers]
Desecration ‎– Murder In Mind [super heavy DM from Wales, nice I have Pathway To Deviance too]
Hellhammer ‎– Demon Entrails [EUR version, double CD in sleeve]
Ignivomous ‎– Blood And Mercury [mixed bag of demos and eps + a cover of 'Mr Offals' which I thought was by Blood Duster but it isn't]
Metallica ‎– Creeping Death / Jump In The Fire [GER double EP]
Metallica – Past Magnetic [EUR promo]
Mord ‎– Christendom Perished [fairly good Polish BM, interesting they are on Southern Lord...]
Nebula ‎– Dos EPs [re-released double EP, cool stuff]
Sons Of Kyuss ‎– Sons Of Kyuss [made in Taiwan?! sounds like shit too by the way, clicks and pops from the original record I reckon, but it's kind of rare]
Tad ‎– Inhaler [EUR version, finally!]
The Atomic Bitchwax ‎– The Atomic Bitchwax II [these guys played here recently, I should have gone]
Vortex ‎– Hammer Of The North [reissue? with bonus songs, pretty sweet Dutch thrash/power metal stuff] *new to Discogs

Wargus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:47 am 

Ordered last weekend :
Infernum - Farewell (LP)
Katharsis - Fourth Reich (LP)
Ruins - Chambers of Perversions (LP)

CatFlatulence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:58 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Agoraphobic Nosebleed ‎– Altered States Of America / ANbRX Pharmaceuticals II [double CD with remixes, half clear discs too, I have the ltd ed mini CD of this too]
Agoraphobic Nosebleed ‎– PCP Torpedo / ANbRX [double CD with remixes in a Digipak, I'm not sure if the songs are different to ANbRX Pharmaceuticals II]
Anarazel – Undivine [vicious and catchy AUS BM with former members of NZ band Coven] *new to Discogs
Centinex ‎– Diabolical Desolation [not bad, took a gamble, needs a few more listens]
Cross Examination ‎– The Hung Jury [crossover/thrash with bonus songs and covers]
Desecration ‎– Murder In Mind [super heavy DM from Wales, nice I have Pathway To Deviance too]
Ignivomous ‎– Blood And Mercury [mixed bag of demos and eps + a cover of 'Mr Offals' which I thought was by Blood Duster but it isn't]
Mord ‎– Christendom Perished [fairly good Polish BM, interesting they are on Southern Lord...]
Sons Of Kyuss ‎– Sons Of Kyuss [made in Taiwan?! sounds like shit too by the way, clicks and pops from the original record I reckon, but it's kind of rare]
The Atomic Bitchwax ‎– The Atomic Bitchwax II [these guys played here recently, I should have gone]
Vortex ‎– Hammer Of The North [reissue? with bonus songs, pretty sweet Dutch thrash/power metal stuff] *new to Discogs

THAT IS ONE HELL OF A HAUL. Congrats on the new job, as well. :thumbsup:

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:39 am 

I got "Sabbat - The Dwelling" CD on Evil Records. Maybe sell it, offer me your price.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:42 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Great scores (I've got too that Autopsy sathurday :wink: )

Seconded, congrats for your new job!!!

"You make it easy."

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 am 

Sepsism ‎– To Prevail In Disgust

Been meaning to pick this up since i first heard these guys, only $4 in the cmdistro clearance even if I am almost skint that price was too good to ignore. :)

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:38 am 

I bought Eternal Sorrow - Legacy CD

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:53 am 

Some sguarramento* scores:

*italian slang for 'dismemberment'

"You make it easy."

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:53 am 

Lordian Guard - Anthology
Malombra - Malombra
Malombra - Our Lady of the Bones
Malombra - The Dissolution Age
Sancta Sanctorum - The Shining Darkness
Terra Firma - Rock'n'Roll Superior 7"
The Black - Refugium Peccatorum
The Black - Gorgoni
Virtue - We Stand to Fight
Vomitor - The Escalation
Witchfield - Sleepless
ZZ Top - The Complete Studio Albums (1970-1990)

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:25 am 

Final Breath - End of it All
Final Breath - Flash Burned Crucifixes
Liers in Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Runemagick - Enter the Realm of Death
Holy Moses - Master of Disaster
Fleshcrawl - Soulskinner
Hypnos - In Blood we Trust
Massacra - Final Holocaust
Massacra - Signs of the Decline
Massacra - Enjoy the Violence
Dominus - The First 9
Panic - Epidemic
Dissect - Swallow Swarming Mass --- Indeed, Another copy ;)

And who knows what i come up with tomorrow. Its flea market time again on Tuesday!!!

Bogdaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 pm 

All of my recent stuff:

Behemoth - Endless Damnation (vinyl signed by Nergal)
Children Of Bodom - Halo Of Blood
Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus (was in the bargain bin :lol:)
The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack
Perfect - UNU
Acid Drinkers - Rock Is Not Enough...
Amon Amarth - Deceiver Of The Gods
2TM2,3 - Pascha 2000
2TM2,3 - Pascha 2000 Tour

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:12 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
CatFlatulence wrote:
THAT IS ONE HELL OF A HAUL. Congrats on the new job, as well.

The Lions Den wrote:
Great scores (I've got too that Autopsy sathurday )

Seconded, congrats for your new job!!!

Hey thanks dudes, I figured I'd celebrate at my local big massive awesome music shop :nods: :np:
Feels good to be able to buy some stuff again, pity the job isn't 100% full time guaranteed though... [on-call stuff, but I actually got two calls yesterday]

Oh and at a job I did the other night I worked with one of the guys from Witchrist's Dad ha ha cool

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:57 pm 

Wargus wrote:
Ruins - Chambers of Perversions (LP)

That 10" is seriously great. Seems like it's been terribly overlooked. It's certainly not groundbreaking, but it's damn good aggressive Black/Thrash either way.

I really wish they had not messed with the mixing/mastering on the CD re-issue, though...

Bogdaniel wrote:
Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus (was in the bargain bin :lol:)

That is no excuse. :nono:

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:26 pm 

Since June:

Converge - Jane Doe
Kalmah - They Will Return
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing...
U.N.K.L.E. - Psyence Fiction
Kalmah - The Seventh Swamphony
Krieg - The Isolationist
Ulcerate - Of Fracture And Failure
DJ Shadow - The Private Press
Gorguts - Colored Sands (pre-order + shirt)
Nachtmystium - Instinct: Decay
Nachtmystium - Demise
Nachtmystium - Assassins: Black Meddle Pt.1
Nachtmystium - Addicts: Black Meddle Pt.2
Deafheaven - Sunbather
Absu - The Third Storm Of Cythraul

I also got the following albums for a total of 12€ from a bargain sale by Debemur Morti:
Manetheren - Time
Porta Nigra - Fin De Siècle
Haemoth - In Nomine Odium
Wallachia - Shunya

Initially I only wanted to get the Porta Nigra album, but the other stuff seems to be enjoyable enough for me to give them a shot.

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:51 pm 

Recent purchases with my Amazon giftcard:

In Flames - A Sense of Purpose
Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
October Tide - A Thin Shell
Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction

I need to pre-order that new Gorguts album pretty soon. Maybe when I get my paycheck.

Dark_Insanity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm 

Fleshcrawl - Structures Of Death CD
Fleshcrawl - As Blood Rains From The Sky... CD
Aborted - Goremageddon: The Saw And The Carnage Done Digipak-CD
Forgotten Tomb - Vol. 5: 1999-2009 2-CD
My Dying Bride - Trinity CD
Grimfist - Ghouls Of Grandeur CD
Grimfist - Ten Steps To Hell CD
Ophis - Effigies Of Desolation 2-CD
Marduk - Here's No Peace MCD
Unanimated - In The Light Of Darkness CD
Sodom - Marooned Live CD
Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods Box-Set

Today's arrivals. Very happy indeed. :D

DestruicaoMetalica
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 pm 

Got a few non-metal albums in today

The Hellacopters - High Visibility
The Heavy Eyes - Maera
Ma Jolie - Compared to Giants

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:03 pm 

This is what i came home with... Not bad i say.

Sinister - Cross the Styx - NB
Sinister - Hate - NB
Gomorrah - Reflections.... - Black Mark
Gomorrah - Caress the Grotesque - Black Mark
Vital Remains - Let us Pray - Deaf
Overkill - Taking Over - Noise
Psycroptic - The Isle of Disenchantment - Self Released
Panic - Epidemic - Music for Nations
Beyond Belief - Towards... Shark

And some others. Those i already have. Or sold multiple times...

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:14 pm 

I got these at a record store yesterday.

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion LP (first press)
Running Wild - Gates to Purgatory LP (first press)
Deviated Instinct - Rock n Roll Conformity LP
Deviated Instinct - Guttural Breath LP
Saw Throat - Indestroy LP (reissue)
Disclose - Nightmare or Reality 12"
Midnight - Complete and Total Fucking Midnight DLP (Die Hard)

I got these over the past few weeks

Carcass - Necroticism LP
Machetazo - Ruin LP
Machetazo - Necrocovered 10"
Anti-Cimex - Scandinavian Jawbreaker LP (reissue)
Bastard - Wind of Pain LP
Motorhead - Iron Fist LP (original pressing)
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales CD
The Hobbit 3 disc Mediabook
Shaun of the Dead Steelbook
Hot Fuzz Steelbook
The Beyond Steelbook (pre-order)
Exhumed - Necrocracy LP (pre-order)
Beast Wars season 2&3 DVD

untappd: patrick_g

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:56 pm 

untappd: patrick_g

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:04 pm 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
Sepsism ‎– To Prevail In Disgust

Been meaning to pick this up since i first heard these guys, only $4 in the cmdistro clearance even if I am almost skint that price was too good to ignore. :)

Awesome album. A Sepsism seems to be a very over-looked, too rarely mentioned band.

Also, the dude who got Tad ‎– Inhaler [EUR version, finally!]

might I say: Excellent!

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 pm 

Got some DVDs from HMV Japan today:

陰陽座 (Onmyo-Za) - 珠玉宴舞 (Shugyoku Enbu)
Light Bringer - Memory of Genesis
Gacharic Spin - Gacharic Spin 1st Anniversary Live (not pictured)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:06 pm 

thrashmaniac87 wrote:
Saw Throat - Indestroy

Creepily enough I'm listening to that same album as I'm browsing the forum. I can imagine the Neurosis gang listening to this prior to recording Souls At Zero and thinking to themselves "What if...?".

goncalobcunha
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 pm 

Janes Addiction - Live In NYC CD+DVD
Tomahawk - Oddfellows CD Digipak

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451 ... 766  Next