Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:11 pm 

It's funny to see people complaining about MS' 180. Like Cloud computing would have made their experience SO much more different from this gen. And oh noes, we still need a disc! How hard is it to take a disc from its case and put it inside? Seriously...

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:24 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Maybe it's time to head back to the PC for games...huh.

Glad to have you back. We'll leave a light on. ;)

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:43 pm 

I started collecting Nintendo DS games recently in the past 4 months, here is my collection so far:
Spoiler: show

Got most of them used cheap, the only one I paid full price for was pokemon white when it came out initially, all the other games I bought or rebought in the past 4 months, I did have mario 64 ds and new super mario bros before but sold them and got them again recently. Still have quite a bit of games on my wishlist for it, the ds has lots of great games, Chrono trigger ds, Final fantasy IV, The world ends with you, the Castlevania games are some of the ones on my want list.

Last edited by slayerhatesusall on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:47 pm 

Spoiler please?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:52 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Spoiler please?

Yeah those pictures were wayyyyyy to big, didn't know how to make a imgur picture smaller so I uploaded it to photobucket with a smaller size.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:28 pm 

A sad lack of Ace Attorney games.

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:39 pm 

The DS is a great system. I started a collection in.. 2005, I think, that's at something like 470 games.

If you happen to be a fan of Star Fox / games like Star Fox, skip Star Fox Command and try to hunt down a copy of Time Ace. It was a bit of a budget title but I had an immense amount of fun with it.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:04 pm 

Contra 4 and Castlevania Portrait of Ruin are two great DS games too, definitely worth picking up. I'm sure the other two Castlevanias are superb also, though I've not played the first, and the third seems to be a bit expensive these days.

I never seem to make time for my DS. Had Hotel Dusk sitting around for years and I just keep putting off getting into it.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:34 pm 

Portrait of Ruin is the worst DS Castlevania and I still had a great time with it. The first and the third one are on another level. Also, Golden Sun, Advance Wars (both of them) and Metal Slug (because buy it or die) are great titles. Hotel Dusk is definitely worth a purchase, very unusual and charming experience. Been meaning to get 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (or something like that) because it sounds like the time of game I'd really enjoy, apparently one of the best games in the DS.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
I started collecting Nintendo DS games recently in the past 4 months, here is my collection so far:
Got most of them used cheap, the only one I paid full price for was pokemon white when it came out initially, all the other games I bought or rebought in the past 4 months, I did have mario 64 ds and new super mario bros before but sold them and got them again recently. Still have quite a bit of games on my wishlist for it, the ds has lots of great games, Chrono trigger ds, Final fantasy IV, The world ends with you, the Castlevania games are some of the ones on my want list.

Nice collection, dude, I've been eyeing Metroid Prime Pinball for some time. The only ones I'd add to that list are N+, Sonic Rush Adventure and Dementium 1 & 2.

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:21 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
A sad lack of Ace Attorney games.

Yeah I've heard that was a really good series, they are on my to buy list.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
I'm a little pissed they removed the DRM mainly due to the family sharing plans they had which sounded awesome.

Yeah, that sounded like a great feature for customers.

Wait... for customers? On a system loaded with anti-customer systems? Doesn't that sound too good to be true?

Quote:
When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour...When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game... The difference between the family sharing and the typical store demo is that your progress is saved as if it was the full game, and the data that was installed for that shared game doesn’t need to be erased when they purchase the full game!

...Oh.

What were you saying about innovation again?

Now, contrast the way the feature really works, above, with how Microsoft originally presented it:

Quote:
Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Everything to make you think you can really share your games completely with no limitations. Just wow. They're really turning up the evil corporation thing to 11 this gen.

https://twitter.com/notwen/status/348092374842474497

So Microsoft are saying that this is bullshit. I still don't know how it would have actually worked as there was no official statement, verified by the whole company, I guess we'll never know.

Regardless the Xbox titles seem more appealing to myself than the Sony ones so I'll probably stick with Xbox and eventually buy one.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:02 pm 

Started playing that last of us game yesterday... not sure if it's worth the perfect 10 rating everyone seems to be giving it, basically reminds me of just a gritty Uncharted with a survivalist feel to it, the "let's try and sneak past all these zombies, but not really" thing kinda irks me. It's like they made stealth an option in the game but it's practically impossible to do.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
"let's try and sneak past all these zombies, but not really" thing kinda irks me. It's like they made stealth an option in the game but it's practically impossible to do.
That's how I felt about Deus Ex, be stealthy with absolutely no stealth mechanics besides standing behind stuff. I took one look at the trophy for completing the whole game without killing or alerting anybody and said fuck this game. Stealth games are cool when done right, like Assassins Creed for the most part, but going through an entire game like that and not killing anybody sounds so damn boring... I already don't kill people everyday in real life so why would I want to do that in a game for "fun"?

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:19 pm 

I dunno, I found the best thing about Dishonored was trying to get through without killing anyone, with the only levels I disliked being the ones that more or less forced you to fight due to either super alert enemies (gas mask dudes) or from just having hordes of mindless zombies around. Games about shooting everyone have been done to death, so unless the game actually makes doing so enjoyable in some way, I'd rather a game avoid it.

I hate< the first Uncharted (haven't tried the others), largely due to the awful, awful, never ending combat, so Last of Us isn't huge on my list of games to play, I'm glad to see at least one person not worshiping it so I don't feel so pressured.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:32 pm 

Been playing Bioshock Infinite lately. Stuck at that damn spot where you have to fight the ghost of Elizabeth's dead mom, mostly because of her ability to resurrect dead soldiers.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 am 

That was the point where I dropped the difficulty to normal, then I realized I was having more fun. The combat actually felt satisfying on normal because you didn't need to pump three shells into a dude to put him down. Sometimes, I just want to shoot a bastard in the face and see his ragdoll fly away.

Old school FPS had difficulties done right and so few games nowadays follow suit in how they do it. Doom's difficulty levels were a two way street. Higher difficulties meant more enemies who want you dead, which also meant more targets to shoot (more fun!).

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am 

saints row 4 banned in Australia most likely going to be censored

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 am 

I got Bioshock Infinite for free when I bought a new video card, and I just can't force myself to complete it. I think the last thing I did was do something for the Chinese gunsmith in that one town. I love Bioshock 1, but BI is just really uninteresting.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:03 pm 

Anyone had a chance to play the new Deadpool game yet? Just came out today in North America. I've had good experiences with superhero games this generation, between Rocksteady's Batman games and Beenox's Spidey games, so I'm curious. If Deadpool (referring to the protagonist, not the overall game) is written even remotely well, this should be a hoot.

I notice it's ten dollars cheaper than most new releases everywhere I look (fifty dollars instead of sixty). That sounds like a good deal, though I hope it's not on account of a quality issue or anything.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:56 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:

Fuck this shit, I probably wouldn't have even bought the game but this still pisses me off. Why the fuck did we bother even getting an R18+ rating in this country if it's just going to be a glorified MA15+

Total bullshit.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:59 pm 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

Fuck this shit, I probably wouldn't have even bought the game but this still pisses me off. Why the fuck did we bother even getting an R18+ rating in this country if it's just going to be a glorified MA15+

Total bullshit.

i really dont know here is more details

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/26/saints- ... be-weapon/

i most likely want to buy saints 4 and that is a really stupid/crappy sounding weapon that i will most likely not even use but i still dont want any censorship, no other form of media get this shitty treatment i too thought that an R18+ rating would actually improve things

will depart this thread, i could go on about this forever :P

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:29 am 

So, I recently made the switch to PC gaming, seeing as my aunt gave me a brand new laptop as a gift. Thinking about buying Arma II and downloading DayZ, what are you guy's thoughts? Is it the game worth it?

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:36 am 

SatanicPotato wrote:

i most likely want to buy saints 4 and that is a really stupid/crappy sounding weapon that i will most likely not even use but i still dont want any censorship, no other form of media get this shitty treatment i too thought that an R18+ rating would actually improve things

That link made me laugh so hard, but wow, theyre taking that WAY too seriously.

HeavyGabry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:10 am 

If someone is interested in playing Carmageddon TDR 2000 online just PM me! :D
Also, I like retrogaming... Dosbox and Mame are a sort of heaven for me.

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:50 am 

I'll consider it! I'm quite busy at the moment though with work and Trackmania 2: Stadium's release. Plus I'll have to reinstall it, but I do love a bit of Carmageddon!

Did you see this: http://www.carmageddon.com/

There's a new android version of the original game that I only just noticed!!! Must get that... They're also working on something called Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Awesome.

HeavyGabry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 pm 

wrathchild_88 wrote:
I'll consider it! I'm quite busy at the moment though with work and Trackmania 2: Stadium's release. Plus I'll have to reinstall it, but I do love a bit of Carmageddon!

Cool! Let me know sooner or later...

wrathchild_88 wrote:
Did you see this: http://www.carmageddon.com/

There's a new android version of the original game that I only just noticed!!! Must get that... They're also working on something called Carmageddon: Reincarnation. Awesome.

Of course... it would never work on my laptop, but I'm still very curious... I'll try the Android version!

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:28 pm 

HellishHound wrote:
So, I recently made the switch to PC gaming, seeing as my aunt gave me a brand new laptop as a gift. Thinking about buying Arma II and downloading DayZ, what are you guy's thoughts? Is it the game worth it?

Wait for DayZ standalone. BIS hired the guy who made DayZ and it's going to be an official game rather than a mod.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

lol it sounds like a stupid weapon but we have an R18+ system so i thought this garbage would be over and finally games would not be banned

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:55 pm 

So, Bethesda finally decided they wanted my money and released Skyrim with all expansions. I had forgotten how much I liked the Elder Scrolls and how much better Fallout is.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

haohmaruofthewind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:57 pm 

I plan on dling Deadpool or Mortal Kombat 9 for my PC in 2 months.

I use mame 32 and have Aeon Flux Episodes the game.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 pm 

haohmaruofthewind wrote:

Why 2 months? Deadpool is out and MK is out next week.

lol it sounds like a stupid weapon but we have an R18+ system so i thought this garbage would be over and finally games would not be banned

I remember watching a video for Left for dead, where they censored it and thought it was so stupid, considering its zombies. Actually dumber than politicians blaming games for violence.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:35 am 

Nochielo wrote:
So, Bethesda finally decided they wanted my money and released Skyrim with all expansions. I had forgotten how much I liked the Elder Scrolls and how much better Fallout is.

I wouldnt go so far as to say Fallout is better, better than Skyrim, probably, better than the elder scrolls series, certainly not. Skyrim was the worst fucking game in the elder scrolls series. Oblivion blew it out of the water in every aspect in my opinion.

haohmaruofthewind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:58 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
haohmaruofthewind wrote:

Why 2 months? Deadpool is out and MK is out next week.

I remember watching a video for Left for dead, where they censored it and thought it was so stupid, considering its zombies. Actually dumber than politicians blaming games for violence.

I don't have much money.

I'll get a part time job as a metal musician later.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:24 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

Personally, I am glad to see that Australia is taking this "anal hazing" phenomenon more seriously than the US.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 am 

VoidOfEternity wrote:
The DS is a great system.

It's currently my favorite portable of all time. There's quite a library of good games.

Actually I should probably say the 3DS is my favorite portable since it's backwards compatible for all the good DS games and plays a few of the good 3DS games.

Sometimes my nights go like this.....

"Well that's enough PS3 for me. Time for bed."
*Lays in bed and plays 3DS for 2 more hours.*

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:47 am 

Just finished System Shock 2. The resources were dwindling at the end for me and I realized in the later levels I was mapping out strategies in my head to beat the game on a higher difficulty. Definitely a good sign when a game starts making you think about a second playthrough before you're done. Anyway, I've been playing a lot of PC classics that I missed back in the day. I'm thinking Thief might be next.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 am 

lol, that made me laugh a bit too much :P

cant wait to play skyrim legendary edition its been a while since i played skyrim and i can sink so many hours into that game

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:29 pm 

I bought Skyrim Legendary off eBay. Still waiting for that bastard to arrive. Can't wait though. Loved Morrowind, and Oblivion slightly less.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:36 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:
I bought Skyrim Legendary off eBay. Still waiting for that bastard to arrive. Can't wait though. Loved Morrowind, and Oblivion slightly less.

Have you played Skyrim yet? If not then the main quest is going to be a huge let down. Atleast it was for me. Oblivion (the first elder scrolls game I"ve played, I've tried all others except for morrowind) had this epic sense to it you know? Like you actually got to go to oblivion, and mehrunes dagons paradise, no part of it was boring, at least for me. However, Skyrim just felt disjointed, buggy, and lacking. The final battle left a bad bad taste in my mouth. I hope Elder Scrolls Online doesn't disappoint, because I've been looking for a new mmorpg to get into.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501 ... 940  Next