Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm 

MrMetalinasuit1 wrote:
What album was the ungrateful twat one for?
I'm imaging that review was written by one of those stuck up goody two shoes people we all knew in secondary school who say holy moly.

Conqueror's "War Cult Supremacy".

Once that part was removed I accepted the review. http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/C ... /Guilaz999

My grandmother bought me a Walkman many, many years ago (probably 17-18 years?) and spent a long time looking through tapes for something nice.... she settled on "The Sound of Whales".... I think I got rid of that tape a long time ago but I still use the Walkman.

MrMetalinasuit1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:22 am 

I was kinda thinking speak english or die from his description and the rest of what he got.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:23 pm 

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:29 pm 

Quote:
In addition, Niagara on the lake i ...

... love you

:lol: Jesus Christ, I think that might actually be up there with thread classics like "two three small bombinettes behind the faggots" and "GOODLY HAH".

Tengan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:37 pm 

Wow, reading that text with that cover art constantly in the line of sight makes me feel like I have eaten some magic mushrooms. That is just simply weird.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:33 pm 

So in other words...spambots have figured out how to submit reviews?

Funeral Frog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am 

Wtf?

Wintermute (black metal, death metal, dark ambient)
https://wintermuteband.bandcamp.com/album/wolven

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:14 pm 

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:41 pm 

I'm guessing these are just people that want to put up a percentage score for albums but don't want to/can't review them. Still good for a few laughs though!

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:03 pm 

:tinfoil:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 am 

"Well I just can conclude that Iconoclast is a really awesome album, if you like progressive or power metal I can ensure you that you're going to love this album and if you dislike this kind of metal, well I would say to you "Shut up the fucking mouth and listen this", this album is a fucking masterpiece that you must listen at least twice."

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:03 am 

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 pm 

Cleaning up old reviews for Sadistik Exekution - there are some pretty weak ones left, but I'll think about those. These, however, are crappy. You'll have to sort through them yourself to find the crappiest though!

K.A.O.S.

Spoiler: show
WORST ALBUM OF ALL TIME - 0%

What a load of shit this is. Put on a pair of gloves, take a shit, pick it up, open a cd case, stick the shit in the spindle, close the case, give it to a friend, tell them it’s Sadistik Exekution’s “Kaos” album, and they wouldn’t know the difference. It’s that bad. Every song in here basically sounds like the last one, save for a new chord or two, but that’s about it. It desperately lacks variety. All it is for the entire album is drums going 88 MPH, super fuzzy guitar going about that fast too, with vocals that sounds like this: “grumbarumbagrumbagrumbaraaraaraaraaraaagrrrrrrrrmraaaraaaraaaa” for about 4 minutes. And every song here basically follows that “fuck quality, lets just play fast, ‘cause we’re dark and evil” formula. I’d run down all the tracks, but I think I just did. They can’t even play their instruments! I mean, the drummer can only pound, pound, pund with no rhythm or skill, the guitar is VERY sloppy and could really use some tidying up, the bass is random chords plucked.
However, This is great stuff to torture people with! If you ever need to get information out of someone, or you’re just a sick and twisted bastard that gets join in other people’s pain, this is a GREAT way to do it, thus the 1 point gave it, because with those reasons, it’s not totally worthless. Oh, yeh, it even sucks as a coaster, I tried.
If I were you, I’d stay as far away from this CD as humanly possible, it’s good for your health. Seriously, if you come in contact with this album, you could catch malaria, get the runs or your testicles might just burst. If want actually GOOD Black/Death Metal, check out Dissection’s “Storm Of The Light’s Bane” instead, and just forget this CD ever existed. I hope this is just a joke, because if they’re taking this seriously, God help us all....

It really is that bad... - 10%

This is (sadly) one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever heard. No offense to the previous reviewer, I thought he was just one of those "I can't take death metal yet" people, but this REALLY is something bad. I'm a huge fan of death metal, and whatever, but this just transcends all meaning of music, and not in the good way of transcending.

Everyone really is just banging their instruments. There really is no formula here, just mindless smashing of guitars and drums. The vocals are extremely drunken sounding "low vocals". Just a guy screaming in a deep-ish voice. There are lots of swears here, almost the only thing I can understand, which I dunno if that's my fault or theirs.

Only thing I can see here that gives them a few points is their song titles, and their sometimes groovy bass. And there are an incredibly small amount of pretty good riffs buried deep inside this horrible mess of noise. Never ever buy this. Ever.

A total waste of time. Really. - 0%

Well, a friend of mine told me to check this band out because of it's brutality.
Normally black metal is my favourite metal genre, but from time to time I can still very much enjoy a brutal piece of death metal.

Anyway, I borrowed this CD, put it in my CD-player and I fell back on the couch, hoping for a good time of death metal. My first impression was: "Fuck, this sucks" and unfortuanately, things didn't get any better as time passed by.
This album is called K.A.O.S, and that's wat it is, total chaos. And sure as hell not chaos in a good way.

This is nearly 60 minutes of pure noise. It looks as if these guys, while making this album, were just smashing and jamming their instrumens as loud as possible, just creating noise at random. You can't really tell the difference between one song and the other song, it sounds all the same.

No, do yourself a big favour and don't waste any time on this piece of crap, even not out of pure boredom on a rainy sunday. You will be grateful.

Not that bad ... - 33%

... but not good either. After I listened to "FUKK II", which was just pure chaos (at least the title "fuck, too" fits ;) ) I was surpirsed about the quality of "K.A.O.S.". Though the title promises pure chaos, the album is no that chaotic.

I agree with that the music can be described that way : fast drums, fast guitars and vocals that go "uaaaargghhraahrrr...". But at least in some songs there are indications, that Sadistik Exekution could be at least play avergae Grindcore/Death Metal. The rest is just fast and boring, sometimes even monotonous. But compared to "FUKK II" this album is more entertaining and the songs can be listenened to without the urge to turn it off every 10 seconds. Some songs are even okay for headbangig. But as on "FUKK II" I got the impression, that noise/chaos/speed matters more to SadEx than quality in songwriting. Sure primitive music can be real good, but I am afraid SadEx don't know how to make simple music, that is good.

In the end "K.A.O.S." is anything but a good album, though it is not as bad as "FUKK II" or as awful as some reviewers said it is.

Fukk

Fukk... - 18%

... am I glad I have not bought, but borrowed this album. It was somehow naive to believe, that this release could be at least average.

Everybody who knows "K.A.O.S." and "Fukk II" knows what to expect. Chaos, noise and nothing similar to good music. "Fukk" is best described as the missing link between "K.A.O.S." and "Fukk II". "K.A.O.S:" was not good, on the contrary, but not as chaotic and as awful as "Fukk II" was. And "Fukk" just is in between. It is more chaotic and disturbing than "K.A.O.S.", but not as horrible as "Fukk II" is.

The music is noisy and fast Grindcore, with some breaks in which "SadEx" slow down. The vocals are, as on the other two albums I know, just some screams, squeals or grunts and sometimes just babbling. Everybody who does believe "Mortician" cannot possibly have lyrics should listen to this! Only in the slower parts something like words can be understood. The technichal aspect is not good either. After listening closely to three albums I am now sure, that "SadEx" aren't good musicians. The songwriting is poor, the way the instruments are played is poor and on this release even the production is far away from being called appropriate.

So "Fukk" is another example for musical incompetence and makes no fun at all. And Grindcore should, at least somehow, make fun. Not as bad as "Fukk II", biut not as "good" as "K.A.O.S." .

Total pure fukkin' brutality ! - 90%

I don't agree with Aquifel...

Of course, this album can't be judged by listening to it only once...
At first, you'll certainly find it extremely chaotic.
This is FAST music (can reach diabolic speed!), could be compared to grindcore, but it's certainly technically much better than most grindcore albums.
It's amazing how these mad human beings manage to play as fast and good!
But the album does contain slower parts (atmospheric parts) with strange sounds (listen to track eleven, "The Final Exekution").
The fourth song, "Spiritual Dynamix" even contains (strong & powerful) melody!
The voice is very agressive, not guttural (like in brutal death), but screaming, full of hatred.
Production is (deliberately I suppose) not the greatest, but is appropriate for this kind of music.

All in all, this is frightening (I'm thinking of the opening track!), totally insane music. To me, it's truly unique stuff.
You really should listen to this album. Sadistik Exekution is the kind of band you'll either adore or hate!

sadistik review

Australia’s finest Metal act [or worst depending on how sick in the head you are] return with what can be safely described as a vomiting noise-fest written for no apparent reason other than to piss off as many people as possible.
Opening with what sounds like a pervert masturbating wildly whilst being asphyxiated, the irreverent proceedings of insane metal chaos inevitably ejaculates from the speakers. Sadistik Execution are inexplicably fast, incoherent and the very word extreme is revealed in all its raw putridity.
Tracks like ‘Organized Sadistik Abuse’ and ‘Fukking Death’ will either make you shit your pants or turn up the volume.
The rabid vocal attack spits expletives all and sundry and a nonsensical clash of guitars and drums are in a constant race to see which instrument finishes the song first. This band claim to hate their own fans as well as them selves and one must question the sanity of those concerned as each smut splattered track is a fucked up anthem to weirdoes and sexually deranged freaks everywhere. So if you enjoy music that is that is dragged through every form of excrement and then some, you’ll cum aplenty over this CD.
In other words, do not listen to this album unless you’re a total lunatic who lives in a shed and never has a bath.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:21 pm 

Fukk now has an average of 100%! :headbang:

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:40 am 

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 pm 

The butthurt is strong in this one.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:35 pm 

Which album was that for? :lol:

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:51 pm 

Describe none of the music and whine about how other people judge it - always a surefire recipe for success!

DreamOfDarkness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:55 pm 

I think the reviewer has a good point (the refusal of anything that is "-core" by many metal fans is ridiculous and exaggerated imho), but it's poorly witten and also completely ignores the album (?) the review is written for. Sometimes people don't get that reviews are no place to complain...

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:07 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Which album was that for? :lol:

Something by They Art is Murder, I think.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:10 pm 

Hahaha, I bet you anything it was for "Hate" too.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:34 pm 

Yeeeeuuup, it'd make sense. I gave 80%+ scores to the band's previous album and EP, I'm hardly the most "narrow-minded" person to weigh in on them. It's just that Hate is invariably a turd.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:06 pm 

This doesn't even fit in one page to screenshot.

Antestor - The Forsaken
The one that started it all - 100%

This is my very first review, so be nice to me! Ever since I was in middle school, I've always enjoyed hard rock. I remember I used to stay up late at night and listen to the local rock station on my radio. But the one thing that I will never forget is hearing about black metal...and how there was a rise in popularity of Christians playing Black Metal.

Before I go on, I'd also like to point out that I am in fact a Christian and also have Aspergers Syndrome. So I view things differently from "normal" people. At first, I used to only like listening to this type of music because it sounded good and I liked it. But over the years, my beliefs have matured and my tastes for music have changed. But more on that later!

Anyway, when I got my first iPod I wanted nothing but hard rock and heavy metal. But when I caught sight of this band they called Antestor, I just had to buy their album and give it a try. I must say, that I was completely blown away. Not only was it Christian, but it sounded unlike anything I had ever heard of before. The perfect blend of devilish darkness and blackness of black metal fused with the symphony and harmony of classical music was beyond astounding to me.

I was soon hooked, and bought other Christian black metal bands and other genres that were Christian. But hear me out; I didn't buy this because it was simply Christian. I bought this album because the sound and music in itself was completely amazing. I honestly don't know too much about music or any of the offical words to describe it. In fact; I really can't describe to you what the music sounds like...excpet that it sounds like the journey of a sorrow-filled warrior longing to find his way home with God after suffering so much in his entire life.

Then that's where things got really interesting for me. As I got older, (High school mind you!), I did some research on the band Antestor. I was amazed and thrilled to learn that this band was considered the Godfather of Christian black metal, or unblack metal as they called it. I personally don't consider this or any other Christian band to be "unblack" at all.

It's like saying Leonardo da Vinci painted Andy Warhol, or that the sky is green and the grass is blue. You can't change the style of music simply by naming it differently; it's the lyrics and content of the music that counts.

Also, upon learning that some of the most notorious figures in the secular black metal scene (Burzum and early Mayhem) have given Antestor serious death threats and the amount of persecution Antestor faced made me truly appreciate the fact that God really can shine His light anywhere; even in the darkness.

Anyway, on with the review of the album itself. Being the first official Christian black metal band I've ever heard, there is almost nothing to critisize about this awesome band. Rites of Death, the first opening song, starts off with the sound of a woman vocalizing. And then after she finishes, an immediate aggressive pounding of furious guitars and drumming breaks through your eardrums before harsh, cold, and sometimes even frightening lyrics are sung by dark warriors.

That might sound cheesy and corny, but that's what I felt and heard when I first listened to this band. After the first song, the next two songs change dramatically to a more somber and melodic tune. Of Old Times Cruelty and Via Dolarosa perfectly blend black metal and symphonic orchestras together along with the sad, bitter, and sometimes even angry lyrics of the band's singers.

In the middle of the album, The Crown I Carry proves to be one of the most aggressive songs by beginning with a fierce guitar solo and vicious drumming before the lyrics are sung again. But out of all the songs that enjoy the most from this band, would have to be the song Betrayed.

This song speaks to me the most, because it asks some of the most difficult questions a Christian can even ask. Questions such as whether or not one can put up with living anymore and if suicide is the answer. Questions such as is it worth even being a Christian in such a cold, cruel, and hostile world. Questions such as what the hell is on the other side of the spiritual afterlife.

Finally, the song As I Die ends with more furious drumming and guitar solos and traditional black metal sining before the same woman's voice is heard vocallizing in the end and there is nothing but silence as it's all finally over.

Overall, this album is a MUST for anyone who enjoys black metal. Now if you're a Christian, you're in for a treat and a real piece of history; because this band has been through so much before they became one of the most, if not THE most popular Christian black metal band they are today.

If you're not a Christian, then let me at least say this: Take the time to try and listen to this album and see if it fulfills that desire of head banging to a good, heavy tune. Also, and this really surprised me, the drummer himself is not a Christian.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen. If you are a fan of Mayhem, then you should recognize the style of drumming in this album. If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me tell you that the almighty Hellhammer is the drummer in this band. The thing about Hellhammer is that even though he is not a Christian, he joined this band for a while out of respect and admiration...and it was a neat and polite way of saying screw off to the satanic black metal bullies who ruled black metal in the 1990s.

But don't just take my word for it, my friends. If you want to go on a journey and see what you'll find in this album, buy it and listen to it! I deeply recommend this for any metal head out there. If there was only but one complaint I had to give this band and it's album, is that it's truly a shame that there are people out there who shun this just bacuse of the band's Christian beliefs. Other than that, you have to take a listen to this. It truly is worth it!

...and another one from the same guy, which I guess is slightly better?

Frost Like Ashes - Tophet 65%

Out of all the Christian black metal bands out there, this particular band just might be the most extreme. In fact; if you could compare this to all the other extreme bands out there (Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, and Cradle of Filth) this truly puts them to shame. I'm sorry if offend anyone if I say that, but that is the truth. You don't believe me...listen to this and you'll see exactly the reason why this Christian black metal band has marked itself as one of the most controversial Christian metal bands ever!

To the review: It's like I have just witnessed a battle between the armies of Heaven against Satan's hordes. From the very beginning song, a Terrible Visitation, the most insane drumming and guitars I've ever heard practically destroy your ears as the lead singer screams and howls angry lyrics of God's wrath and the destruction of evil. And that's where I have no choice but to critisize this band for.

The music itself is amazing, no doubt about that. The guitars, drums, and keyboards are seriously out of this world and worthy of praise. But the lyrics are far beyond extreme, even for a metal head like myself. The lead singer, Azahel, seriously sounds like Donald Duck had been kidnapped by a group of insane priests, tied to a chair, forced to inhale an entire tank of helium, and drink an entire gallon of Monster before they let him go to sing. Lyrics from a Cruel Verse and Shattered Gods actually shocked me at how harsh black metal can be, even from a Christian viewpoint.

The lyrics in those particular songs and pretty much the entire album in general are nothing more than graphic descriptions of slaughtering every pagan god in exisitance and the horrifying concequences of what awaits the human soul in Hell when they refuse to repent. Unfortunately, this is where I earned my extreme anti-satanic views and I honestly would only listen to this band only for a while.

But after I did some more research and experimented with different bands, I learned an important lesson: Anti-anything is not such a good thing. If there were a different singer for this band, I'd review this differently. But because of the extremity of this band, I highly advise you to be careful when you listen to this. Because this is really, really violent black metal; almost to the point where it gives Christianity a bad name!

But that set aside, this is yet another classic example of good Christian black metal. With the hang em' high attitude and ruthless, brutal, and savagery of old school black metal infused with thrash metal, you'll bang your head till your ears bleed! I'd only reccomend listening to this if you're mad or working out; and don't listen to this in the dark...because that only makes it twice as frightening!

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:09 pm 

"Why people are disliking this record is beyond me. It's Anvil, its excellent what more do you want. There is a lot of different stuff here like the moody hope in hell, or the fats paced eat your words, bad ass rock n roll and shut the fuck up. or if its the power ballad through with you where lips keeps saying see you next Tuesday. If you buy the digi pack of this album you get two bonus tracks hard wired and fire at will, both great rockers. If you liked juggernaut of justice and this is thirteen you will like this is album BUY IT NOW/"

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 pm 

"Fats paced"..... So, it's pretty damn slow, uh?

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 am 

spent a lot of time thinking that one up, didn't you xlxlx?

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm 

For the new Bodom album:

"Are people just stupid and not realize that music has to be original for the sake of being original?"

This isn't an Engrish typo, he makes the point over and over again about how it's unoriginal and how it's one of the biggest reasons it isn't enjoyable. Fair opinion, (the review was rejected for other reasons) but this line really hit me the wrong way. Have fun not liking metal anymore, dude.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:18 am 

...like, what?

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:47 am 

Don't Sing. Don't Eat. Stop Exist.

The So Far, So Good, So What of our generation.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:56 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Don't Sing. Don't Eat. Stop Exist.

The So Far, So Good, So What of our generation.

Love it! should be in someone's signature

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 am 

What's up with the last sentence in French lol, it's so funny. It's also not well written and full of mistakes.

"Sometimes, this band is so good I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want this superior kind of music. It's pure BLACK METAL and it must be placed into the HALL OF FAME SYMPHONY forever"

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 pm 

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:42 am 

This is not a good start to a review. It's even worse when it's the most coherent sentence.

"This is probably one of the most underrated bands of all time, really, I'm sad that it came to an end, in the words of an youtube user "They may have ended, but left us a diamond that will never break", it describes this perfectly, the titular song is probably the greatest from NWOBHM, wich really says much, it beats Jaguar, Angel Witch, Diamond Head, Girlschool, and even Iron Maiden."

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:29 am 

Metantoine wrote:

:lol:

Autina
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:43 pm 

WTF?

The three reviews I had made with my former account (Morrigan is awesome) were rejected yet they are not in the crappy diem!
How is that possible? I'm confused.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:45 pm 

Autina wrote:
WTF?

The three reviews I had made with my former account (Morrigan is awesome) were rejected yet they are not in the crappy diem!
How is that possible? I'm confused.

You're not even good at trolling. :violin:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:48 am 

What's up with bad reviews for WoY? I guess it's comparable to the band's quality!

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:24 am 

Not many mistakes? I MUST HAVE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:03 pm 

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 am 

NSFW - I should not have to put that label on a rejected review but...

Oh, did I mention that this guy is reviewing his own one-man band?

...but wait, there's more!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 76  Next