Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MetalEnlightenment
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:43 am 

I have had the pleasure of getting the new Summoning album "Old Mornings Dawn" one week before it's release from my radio station. I worked hard and wrote a review for it before it was released. On the release date (June 5th) I submitted my review hoping to be the first and it was rejected due to poor format. I edited it and took away more than half of the commas. It was rejected once again by the same moderator Derigin, with the comment "Fix your spelling, man. Half the words you use are not spelled correctly." I used textedit, firefox, and other sources to verify the spelling. I just want to support this band. Is there something I'm missing here?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fantasying

My review:

The Sigmund Freuds of Atmospheric Black Metal

Folk tales, black metal, high production, and a sensationally pervading atmosphere. Interested? If so you will really enjoy this album. The intro on this CD is one of the most capturing intros around. You might feel present in a Lord of the Rings battle.

In their static black metal form the guitars have a bit of an early '90s feel to them. Muffled yet clear they seem carefully recorded and tweaked. The bass has a strong drone and can be heard over the guitars at times. Listening to these strings reminds me of taking that second beer and feeling a good buzz.

The keyboards are evidently powerful and fantasying. The vocals may sound dreary, but the keyboards' melodies are there to smooth things out. While the percussion reflects a tribal march-like experience it is also accompanied by mysteriously suiting sound effects. And although the drums may loop, the music flows together wonderfully in it's progression.

For the select ear this music is great for uplifting one's dark days. To make a bad day seem destined and acceptable. With a serene atmosphere there is not one blast beat so prepare yourself for some slower-paced material. This album was developed with time and determination. These guys nailed it!

Check out: Old Mornings Dawn, Caradhras The Wandering Fire

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:18 am 

There actually is a whole subforum for reviews: viewforum.php?f=4

More specifically, you could try the Review Feedback Workshop.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.