Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 am 

Before I start I'm not asking for an API because I searched I know there's none ;) what I'm actually doing is offering myself to help create the official MA API. I hope the mods aren't dismissive of this message and one of the programmers on this site come and talk to me about it. I was going through the threads about the API and one mod/programmer said about intercepting AJAX calls and parsing the JSON. Where is the root of that data? I'd imagine it's some sort of database. Could a library be implemented say in C or C++ that accesses that database and then you could create language bindings for Java, Python, PHP etc.... I already had a think about how I would go about implementing it in C++ but I'd like to talk to the programmers of the site if that could be arranged.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 am 

Dude, if anybody's gonna give the site owners a helping hand with implementing an official API, it'd be me. :p

However, the ball's in their court, and if they come to that decision, chances are they won't need our help.

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 am 

I just thought I'd put it out there anyway, I'm sure the more help the merrier in any case. I just wanted to put my name forward for any help they may need I'm not a terrible programmer :P

Reply to topic