Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Tengan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:22 pm 

Just a few questions for the mods. I submitted seven reviews on the 22nd (they have all been previously published on another site hence the big number of simultaneous reviews) and they have been on a pending status since. I realize mods are busy and have a fair pile of reviews to check so I am just curious how long a time I can expect replies? I assume they have reached different mods (or could they all be with the same mod?) so someone should have read any of them by now. Since these are my first review, are you checking them extra thorough since you do not know my standards of writing yet?

On a second note, I have sent out an error report on an album that has been left unassigned since the 23rd.

Please note that this is not a complaint, I simply try to find out how this site works.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:38 pm 

The moderators get to them when they can, as there is usually a rather long list of reviews to dig through. Chances are that if it is a relativey popular album it will take longer to be checked. Usually, posts asking what happened or how long it takes are looked down upon (well, pretty much despised), so the best advice is to just be patient and wait.

As far as corrections and edits, it also depends on case load. A large part depends on the amount of sources cited and the reliability of those sources. Best advice is to be patient on all ends.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:50 pm 

Tengan wrote:
I assume they have reached different mods (or could they all be with the same mod?) so someone should have read any of them by now.

There is no "reaching" in that sense. We have a review queue where all submitted reviews are visible to all mods. Multiple mods may read a review, may share their thoughts on it, until one mod approves or rejects it (with or without counsel of other staffers).

Tengan wrote:
On a second note, I have sent out an error report on an album that has been left unassigned since the 23rd.

There are currently almost 1000 open reports, please be patient. Four days is not particularly long for reports. Or reviews, for that matter.

Apart from that, what TheStormIRide said.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:48 pm 

I'm currently destroying the Review Queue. Next time please don't ask if it's not like 2 months, 5 days is pretty normal.

Also, can you please refrain from writing stuff like that:
Quote:
Choice cuts: Wanderer in the Outer Darkness, Rånda, Apparitions

Performance: 8 out of 10
Originality: 9 out of 10
Production: 7 out of 10
Vocals: 8 out of 10
Songwriting: 7 out of 10

Summary: 7 chalices of 10

That's probably fine for your website but we're not quite a fan of that sort of stuff on MA. You should be able to demonstrate what's good or bad within your review and not with a conclusion like that.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Tengan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:32 pm 

Ok, thank you for your answers. Like I said these are my first reviews submitted so I didn't know what to expect or how this site really worked. I will be more patient in the future for sure regarding both reviews and error reports etc. Like I said this was not meant to be a complaint in any way, only a way for me to find out how this site works and the procedures following the submission to gain a better understanding.

Thanks for the feedback on the grading system as well, I will leave it out in my coming submissions. It is really not essential since I try to cover those parts in the text and it was only brought up since it is the method used at the other site I submit to.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:46 pm 

Sometimes we are busy at metal festivals and not on the metal archives. I have been away since the 22nd, as have a few others, so it was probably a bit slower than usual. I'm sure you understand that Bolt Thrower and Venom were a higher priority! :D

Reports take a while though because there are so many. The review queue is generally short, while there are a couple hundred reports, at least.

Reply to topic