Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:02 pm 

Who is Tom? And I agree Xlxlx, the guy does look a fish, but I still see his face resembling a rotton donkey's behind. :-D

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:03 pm 

Tom is AcidWorm and he's famous on our facebook/skype group for being sloooooooooooooooow.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:05 pm 

Ah.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:41 am 

So uhhh... Any fans of Insect Warfare here who can explain to me why Noise Grind Power Death isn't just an enormous pile of shit?
Hehe, foreskins.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:29 am 

" Also, reviews must be written for Metal Storm exclusively; that means NOT posted on your blog also"

What the fuck is up with this shitty website?

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:53 am 

Metantoine wrote:
" Also, reviews must be written for Metal Storm exclusively; that means NOT posted on your blog also"

What the fuck is up with this shitty website?

They didn't want any of your Waking the Cadaver or Liturgy reviews? I don't blame them! Mods don't take rejection too well.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:58 am 

And you wonder why I hate you? Yes, I reviewed Liturgy, man...I'm not Subrick.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:03 am 

tony man, wait until you try The Metal Observer, now there are some dumb reviewing rules. Namely that you have to help pay server costs.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:07 am 

I tried to review for doom-metal.com too, I can't stand silly rules but at least they had the decency to let me post it on my blog. Metal Storm has "guest reviewers" or whatever that means. Only MA is real.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 am 

Quote:
His wife Rosemary said: “It’s political correctness – and people have invested an awful lot of money in it.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/372566 ... al-warming

Quote:
"The reason I do this is because I cannot stand by and see young people scared to death that climate change is going to bring about the end of the world by 2050," he said

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... enial.html

Quote:
Gore whines about what he calls the “big oil” industry spending $10 million per year advancing their anti-global warming views. But he fails to mention that government and foundations are spending several billion – billion with a “B” – each year to promote their global warming religion.

http://www.wnd.com/2007/08/42992/

Quote:
We are at one of our lowest levels of CO2 in the six billion-year history of the Earth. In fact, in the last 200,000 years, CO2 has been up to 14 times higher than it is at the moment. Plants live longer and are stronger and healthier with more CO2.

Quote:
The people (the 'elite') who are promoting, and pushing the Man-made
Global Warming hysteria, use it as a tool for controlling society.

There is much heated debate over man made global warming, anyone know much about this topic? It sounds reasonable it's all a scam (after the truth is finally out now how politicians(?) have engineered other "things" here) but all the factories belching co2 can't be helping, or does one volcano erupting dwarf anything we kick out?
In times past people were easily controlled through lack of education/knowledge, now it seems we are bombarded with too much information, so we tend to ignore all of it and so still be in the dark about what's really going on.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:46 am 

^ :tinfoil:
There is no global warming conspiracy, you gullible tadpole. The "elite" needs the fossil fuel industry.
Metantoine wrote:
Tom is AcidWorm and he's famous on our facebook/skype group for being sloooooooooooooooow.

Spoiler: show

PS: Can we rename that emoticon to ":mindshadow:"? :tinfoil:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Last edited by inhumanist on Fri May 24, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mindshadow

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 am 

^ that's Man made global warming, some scientists say the Earth goes through natural cycles of warming and cooling

taxation from fossil fuels
more taxation for off setting emissions

A mindshadow smiley ...

Spoiler: show

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:24 am 

The earth does go through natural cycles of warming and cooling, but humanity is speeding it the fuck up.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:39 am 

Besides, the overwhelming majority of the scientific community is not something that can just be bought by the government to help them manipulate people.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:05 am 

caspian wrote:
tony man, wait until you try The Metal Observer, now there are some dumb reviewing rules. Namely that you have to help pay server costs.

I don't pay shit. The rules aren't terrible, aside from capitilizing genres and ALL CAPS FOR BANDS.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 am 

You want to know the three scientific topics with the greatest amount of supporting evidence?
1. Evolution.
2. Germ theory of diseases
3. Artificial climate change.

To deny any of those means rejecting a larger body of evidence than exists for fucking GRAVITY. And when flat-earthers have more credibility than you, you need to reconsider your life.

mindshadow

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:12 am 

I ask after watching this video,

http://www.youtube.com/v/kuYEJTtbG94

I trust David Bellamy more than the bbc who are known to be economical with the truth

LanceCriminal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 am 

I let my friend use my laptop to get some of my music...I was just looking on amazon and the whole "reccomended for you" section was gay sex books and there were dildos and buttplugs in my shopping cart. Fucking moron... Better go check and make sure I don't have an "I <3 cock" facebook status now :durr:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 am 

I trust peer reviewed research. But that's just me.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:31 am 

LanceCriminal wrote:
I let my friend use my laptop to get some of my music...I was just looking on amazon and the whole "reccomended for you" section was gay sex books and there were dildos and buttplugs in my shopping cart. Fucking moron... Better go check and make sure I don't have an "I <3 cock" facebook status now :durr:

CLASSIC.

LanceCriminal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:36 am 

Yeah I didn't even realize it until I almost hit "check out" with bunch of butt toys in my cart...fucker! :nono:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:57 am 

May 24th, sitting behind the computer, listening to the new Dark Tranquillity (not bad by the way), looks through the window, sees fucking hailstones falling from the sky.

MAY 24th!

EDIT

Ow yeah, I finished my exams today, pretty sure I did alright on all of them.

Last edited by henkkjelle on Fri May 24, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:09 am 

Ribos wrote:
You want to know the three scientific topics with the greatest amount of supporting evidence?
1. Evolution.

To deny any of those means rejecting a larger body of evidence than exists for fucking GRAVITY. And when flat-earthers have more credibility than you, you need to reconsider your life.

Since Dave Mustaine denies evolution, he rejects evidence for gravity then?

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:20 am 

Getting divorced, not funny at all.

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 am 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
Ribos wrote:
1. Evolution.

Since Dave Mustaine denies evolution, he rejects evidence for gravity then?

...what? How'd you reach that conclusion?

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:37 am 

Kveldulfr wrote:

Damn dude, that sucks. I'm sorry that had to happen.

AppleQueso: Dave mentioned in an interview that he doesn't believe in evolution but believes in creationism. And according to Ribos, if you deney any of the topics that he listed that are supported with a great amount of evidence, then you reject the evidence for gravity.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:38 am 

Crick wrote:
So uhhh... Any fans of Insect Warfare here who can explain to me why Noise Grind Power Death isn't just an enormous pile of shit?

Hahaha total noisegrind annihilation. I can't get into it but there's definitely a sub genre out there for what they did... from what I understand though it's not held in high regard by the folks who are into that style either. It's basically IW - guitar + noise and is meant to be totally barbaric and pummeling, basically a large Fuck You to end the band.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:40 am 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
AppleQueso: Dave mentioned in an interview that he doesn't believe in evolution but believes in creationism. And according to Ribos, if you deney any of the topics that he listed that are supported with a great amount of evidence, then you reject the evidence for gravity.

I don't think Ribos said anything quite like that at all. More like simply "If you reject this stuff, you're an idiot."

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:52 am 

AppleQueso wrote:
Metalfuckingrules wrote:

I don't think Ribos said anything quite like that at all. More like simply "If you reject this stuff, you're an idiot."

Oh, I had a feeling he said something like that, but I think I took it the wrong way when I read it the second time.

By the way, I actually chuckled at the meme inhumanist made about me.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Only a dozen or so people are going to get this joke, but MFR is the new Tom.

:lol: I think at one point you guys called me the new Tom on Skype, and my response was better than being the new Waffle.

More people should try to do something for the current songwriting challenge, this one's a really cool concept. I'm currently recording, turning out a lot less lame than what I did last time.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:04 pm 

rather than bring it up where I saw it... more than shocked to see the amount of people who like/support Linkin Park. And it's not even from me hating them on principle it's general disgust of terrible music.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
rather than bring it up where I saw it... more than shocked to see the amount of people who like/support Linkin Park. And it's not even from me hating them on principle it's general disgust of terrible music.

Agreed. I can't believe there's that much support for them 'round these parts. Of course TheSHM is digging it.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:40 pm 

So I was in the middle of an argument earlier with a Christian acquaintance of mine about what constitutes slavery in the Bible. He's trying to spin it so that the Bible clearly means indentured servitude and only that (even though Leviticus explicitly condones the slave trade), and at one point I quoted a passage of Exodus that says that if a slave owner beats his slave to the point of death, but the slave stays alive for at least a day, then the slave owner is absolved of any wrong doing. His response?

"How do you beat someone bad enough that it kills them within a day or two but not immediately?"

I'm in physical pain from the stupid.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 pm 

This Iggy Pop biography is one amazing read. Very detailed and full of information. Lots of analysis too. Great stuff. The Stooges period is of course the most interesting one to read about. Drugs, on-stage abuse, sex, violence and everything in between.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:28 pm 

I read that at first as "on-stage sex abuse".

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:36 pm 

Subrick wrote:
So I was in the middle of an argument earlier with a Christian acquaintance of mine about what constitutes slavery in the Bible. He's trying to spin it so that the Bible clearly means indentured servitude and only that (even though Leviticus explicitly condones the slave trade), and at one point I quoted a passage of Exodus that says that if a slave owner beats his slave to the point of death, but the slave stays alive for at least a day, then the slave owner is absolved of any wrong doing. His response?

"How do you beat someone bad enough that it kills them within a day or two but not immediately?"

I'm in physical pain from the stupid.

A Christian could cite Aristotle's Politics on the justification of slavery in his defense. In a highly theoretical sense his arguments for and against still hold up.
But the christian wouldnt even have to justify it; slavery's just another one of those things that were relevant then but aren't now.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:10 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:

Fok. G'luck bro. Hopefully it isn't awful. ErosionofHumanity and you should grab a beer.

FlaPack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:13 pm 

Because you probably haven't yet had your fill of Slayer or quirky Youtube guitar covers yet:

http://youtu.be/k5SpXvRbJPc

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:33 pm 

His singing style is hilariously inappropriate.

FlaPack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
His singing style is hilariously inappropriate.

You should hear his interpretation of Anselmo's tough guy lyrics on Mouth for War. Shit cracked me up.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 518  Next