Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:46 am 

Have anyone ever used a label/distro called: War on Music?
http://waronmusic.com/store

Below_The_Sun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:10 am 

forestcorpse wrote:

Ordered twice and had no problem!

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:08 pm 

Below_The_Sun wrote:
forestcorpse wrote:

Ordered twice and had no problem!

Thanks for the info! I have tried to send an email (two times now the last weeks) but no response. I want to know about the shipping for an Lp.

Below_The_Sun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:59 am 

forestcorpse wrote:
Thanks for the info! I have tried to send an email (two times now the last weeks) but no response. I want to know about the shipping for an Lp.

They are very slow with emails,from time to time, and since i have seen that you are from Norway (correct me if i'm wrong) be prepared to pay a lot for shipping.Overseas shipping (especially from Canada!) is very expensive.If you are in no hurry ask for surface mail,it's much cheaper - i used it both times, but it took almost 50 days to get them.(I'm located in Greece)

abyss of skulls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:13 pm 

I'd like to know if somebody recently dealt with Hakan from Total Holocaust Records in the past month ?
Everything always went perfect with him since 2007, and this time the order I made the 19/03/13 and paid still not here,
and I've got no answers to my many mails about this problem.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:23 pm 

Below_The_Sun wrote:

They are very slow with emails,from time to time, and since i have seen that you are from Norway (correct me if i'm wrong) be prepared to pay a lot for shipping.Overseas shipping (especially from Canada!) is very expensive.If you are in no hurry ask for surface mail,it's much cheaper - i used it both times, but it took almost 50 days to get them.(I'm located in Greece)

Ah, I see. Yes, I know shipping will not very fun to Norway, but this is the only distro I can find that have the Lp I want.
I will wait and see if I get any answere and check about the surface mail option.

welten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:19 am 

good american mailorder Aquarius records :

https://www.aquariusrecords.org/

I found there some good cascadian BM cd's ;)

blackwolf81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:19 am 

abyss of skulls wrote:
I'd like to know if somebody recently dealt with Hakan from Total Holocaust Records in the past month ?
Everything always went perfect with him since 2007, and this time the order I made the 19/03/13 and paid still not here,

This is thing which I also needs answer. I sent question for him couple of weeks ago, but no any answer.
Good trades with: Dolor666, Not, Carrioned, Madcow, Anubis, Orionmetalhead, MCCULT, Wolfhead, Metalrecords, ins88, Vermino, HighBong, KolmeNoitaa, f_1349, Speedyk, Black Tree, Warcrust, damirdamian, Loiro, Axxmachine666, asgaroth84

Metallumz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:04 am 

Anyone know of any Distro's based in the UK which sell underground black/thrash t-shirts at a premium rate? Funeralmoonclothing has been fantastic to order with but i've practically bought all their stock now. I'm also familiar with Earache on amazon aswell, however again i've bought all I needed from there.

Banach
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 am 

blackwolf81 wrote:
abyss of skulls wrote:

This is thing which I also needs answer. I sent question for him couple of weeks ago, but no any answer.

He doesn't seem to answer order inquiries anymore. I tried on two separate occasions during the last 10 months or so, but didn't get any answer. He had some issues a couple of times with e-mails I think, but I resent the first order a week or so later wondering if he got it, but no answer then either. His stock hasn't really been updated the last year either, at least I managed (without thinking about it) to piece together just about the same order again with 10 months in between or so. Perhaps he's gone back to just selling his own stuff? It's too bad, because he was really nice to deal with earlier.

blackwolf81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 pm 

This is thing which I also needs answer. I sent question for him couple of weeks ago, but no any answer.[/quote]

He doesn't seem to answer order inquiries anymore. I tried on two separate occasions during the last 10 months or so, but didn't get any answer. He had some issues a couple of times with e-mails I think, but I resent the first order a week or so later wondering if he got it, but no answer then either. His stock hasn't really been updated the last year either, at least I managed (without thinking about it) to piece together just about the same order again with 10 months in between or so. Perhaps he's gone back to just selling his own stuff? It's too bad, because he was really nice to deal with earlier.[/quote]

Ok, thanks for info, bro.
Good trades with: Dolor666, Not, Carrioned, Madcow, Anubis, Orionmetalhead, MCCULT, Wolfhead, Metalrecords, ins88, Vermino, HighBong, KolmeNoitaa, f_1349, Speedyk, Black Tree, Warcrust, damirdamian, Loiro, Axxmachine666, asgaroth84

Axxmachine666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 am 

Can anyone tell me the good and safe online store that sell some 80's metal cds ???

Thanks for helping !!!!

Web :
http://www.myspace.com/axxmetalmachine
http://axxmachine666.wikifoundry.com/
http://axxmachine666.blogspot.com/

abyss of skulls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:00 pm 

abyss of skulls wrote:

It seems that he encountered some troubles with his computer because I sent him a letter instead of mails
and I've just received my order today along with an enormous gift of 6 cds for the delay !!!
I was absolutely stunned when I discover that, this guy is amazing !
Believe me, you can order through his label with complete confidence.
Total Holocaust Records still deserves full respect and support !

Roc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 pm 

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any recent issues buying anything from Rob Darken? I messaged him on Facebook and he emailed me a list of items he sells. I placed an order for 2 Graveland logo mouse pads on April 6th but never got any sort of confirmation that they were shipped. I sent him a message on Facebook this week asking for confirmation and I haven't gotten a reply. The message comes up as "seen" so I know he's read it. Idk, just strikes me as odd. He seems like an honest seller.

Below_The_Sun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:23 am 

Axxmachine666 wrote:
Can anyone tell me the good and safe online store that sell some 80's metal cds ???

Thanks for helping !!!!

Check this one :

http://ironforce-shop.de/

Reliable and all his items are 100% authentic !!

Roc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 am 

Ok so I'm not sure if anyone even read it or not, but to update my above post:

Rob Darken got back to me on Facebook this morning and said he has been visiting his girlfriend and said he most likely hasn't shipped my package, but will know for sure when he gets back home. Since he seems like a legit guy and has been around for so long, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and will wait it out.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 am 

Broken Circles. Really helpful, fast delivery, pristine products. Part label, part distro. They almost exclusively do limited run vinyl releases for bands. They have a heavy leaning on indie and post-hard core, but they have a decent collection of newer metal as well. (They seem to do runs for a lot of Christian bands as well, if you're into that kind of stuff). Becoming the Archetype, Impending Doom (US), The Crucified, Tourniquet, and For Today jump to memory.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

quickbeam
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:55 am 

Would like to mention New Era Productions, based in Netherlands. http://www.new-era-productions.nl/

Good selection of quality underground black metal, and the prices are excellent. Moreover, the owner provides good customer service and is also quite chatty over email. I had met him previously at a record fair and this has been my first online order.

I got my order of around 12 CDs a day after I had transferred money (plus a couple of free demos as a gift). Faustcoven, Cultes des Ghoules, Walknut, Nokturnal Mortum, Inquisition - oh yes!

Not sure how shipping is to rest of Europe/world but worth checking out.

abyss of skulls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:45 am 

I'd like to know if anybody tried to contact Kim Carlsson from Hypothermia and had an answer because since the 21/01/13 despite many mails
and even a letter I never received any response.

HeySharpshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:00 pm 

Can anyone provide any info on Buried in Hell records?

I ordered the Plague Widow s/t from them about 3 weeks ago now and have not recieved my CD or an email regarding its status.

welten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 am 

somebody deals with MDD ?

http://www.mdd-shop.de/

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:09 am 

My current favorite places to order from besides HHR:

http://ominous-domain.com/ Very similar to HHR, but has a lot of stuff that HHR doesn't. In the USA, lots of hard to find stuff from overseas at great prices. Orders usually arrive in 2-3 days for me. Often get a free CD as well.

http://www.blackscaped.de/ I've ordered from these guys a couple times now, they have EVERYTHING! If you make an account and log in all their prices go down 2+ euros. It often takes 4-7 days for them to get all the releases ready if they are not "immediately available" but they are packaged very well protected and shipping is very quick. Also got some great free CDs from them.

http://w-t-c.web-republic.de/store/ probably mentioned already, but this label/store is top notch. They have almost everything, good prices, fast and well protected shipping.

NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm 

Can anybody recommend good distros for vinyl?

blackwolf81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:39 am 

Anybody experience with Astaroth Metal Shop from Ecuador?

http://astarothmetalshop.com/

Oiras
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 pm 

Here's a distro I'd like to know more about: http://blacksunsociety.bigcartel.com/

Black Sun Society is supposedly the only "band-approved" site for Spear of Longinus-related merch and music (in fact that is all they sell). I wouldn't mind getting myself a copy of Domni Satnasi and a couple other things but there is almost no info about them on there other than that they take PayPal only and they won't accept orders from Germany for obvious reasons. So I sent them via their contact screen questions regarding location, shipping information, etc. This was several days ago and still haven't heard back. I think I've seen the guy who runs it advertise on NWN! but I'm not sure. Can anyone attest for their reliability or lack thereof?

Oiras
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:42 pm 

And as for recommended distros by me so far:

Shadow Kingdom - ordered from them several times already, never any problems, fast and packaged well. The site re-design has made ordering a more automated process and thus less of a hassle (though I do miss the ultra-friendly personal greetings and thanks from Tim after every e-mail). Forum discounts are redone too, no longer do you have to try to work within the arbitrary parameters with what constitutes an "active member" to get discounts, just register as a forum user and check the forum discount board to see what the coupon of the month is (which gives 15% off your order). And the sales! Good site for those looking for a great selection of the cult classics of heavy metal.

Aquarius Records - haven't ordered in a while, but I imagine they haven't changed much at all, back when I did, I've made several orders and are highly reliable. Whatever your thoughts are on their supposed "hipster" image they do have a great selection of metal as well as other music and are worth placing an order with if something there catches your fancy.

Hell's Headbangers - made a small order a few years ago, and a pretty decent-sized one just recently. Just awesome, selection, shipping, and price-wise. You get a freebie from their label if you order over a certain dollar amount as well as the latest in their series of neat compilation CDs of bands on their roster.

Temple of Darkness Records - not the fastest label around, even by Europe-to-U.S. order standards but reasonable enough, got my package at least within the month (and in fairness my order consisted of two A5 digipacks and their boxed reissue of Vinterland's album along with two other albums so a package from Europe that hefty probably is going to be slow). Friendly communication, great selection, and amazingly well-packaged. Really, from the layers I had to uncover they REALLY want your music to arrive intact.

Xtreem Music - made my first order with them, quite a few albums too, fantastic! I was amazed how quickly I got my package, by ANY distro standards, let alone one from Spain to the middle of the U.S. (and it was a pretty good-sized order too)! Selection's great too and all that. Orders over a certain amount and you get not only an album or so from your order for free but also a choice of another freebie or two, or three, etc. from a decently sized list, how many depending how much you're ordering. I picked one from the lot after qualifying I think for two or three, most of it being music I've never heard of or had no interest in otherwise (though everyone has different preferences of course, you might find more to like on their current list than I did). Keep in mind that freebies DO add to the weight of the package and thus the price so they're not entirely free, but close enough I guess.

Moribund Records - have been ordering from them a long time now, always quick, reliable, friendly, great selection of black/death metal stuff, plus they frequently have great sales that go on that I've taken advantage of. They too will offer a random freebie, usually a promo disc, if you order over a certain amount. I've only recently ordered enough from them to get one, so that was nice and everything.

Nuclear War Now! - did one small order with them a few years ago. Really good from what I remember, haven't done any other business with them though (their CD selection is quite scant compared to the other distros I use).

Amazon - well, of course. Sort of. Now that they seemed to have gotten rid of multiple issues of individual albums from their listings browsing through their music has been less interesting, and that their MP3 sales are clogging up most of the music searches it's gonna be tough finding physical copies of certain items for reasonable prices (looking through what third party sellers have to offer is always nice though, except that's where the worst price scalpers seem to dwell too). Plus some of the prices on their import stuff, urrgh. Good for most things though, including things not pertaining to music, but I imagine most of you probably already have an opinion of them already.

eBay dealers that are recommended based on my individual dealings with them, whether long ago or recently (a few of these are actual labels with their own websites too I believe): theoriginalheavymetalmuseum, Mad Rush Media, thrash_corner, darksympho (Dark Symphonies? been a while, think it was for an item I had to bid on, but won), vdott, musicshop780 and Deathgasm Records.

I think I've ordered from The End Records/The Omega Order years ago, but I can't remember honestly. Don't think I had any problems with them if I did indeed order from them, I'd never forget something like that if I did. So, I guess, good? Not many other people seem to have problems with them anyway...

Musicians (both I ordered through their Bandcamps):

Toby Driver: because he had the last remaining copies of the reissues of Bath and Leaving Your Body Map. Very nice guy, communicative, but RIDICULOUSLY slow. He apparently has a constantly tied-up schedule and forgets about orders, but after enough friendly back and forth he finally sent out the package. It took like three months but I did get it once he found that one slot in his time where he was able to send out the CDs. Relatively reliable but go in with some caution.

Countess: ordered the reissues of Hell's Rock 'n' Roll and Ad Maiorem... recently and got them very quickly, no issues whatsoever. Highly recommended!

Great distros that are no more: Metal Haven, Alpha Draconis/Barbarian Wrath Vinland (R.I.P.), the original Barbarian Wrath themselves I believe are no longer operational either but are still selling off their remaining stock. Great, reliable, friendly distro as well, sad to see them go.

EDIT: Actually, looks like BW may be coming back after all. Great news!

Frownland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:35 pm 

Don't loose sight of the main Vinyl / Cd online market places .... several million titles available between them :

http://www.cdlp.com

http://www.gemm.com

http://www.musicstack.com

Several leading HM orientated dealers also advertise their wares on these.

Frownland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:36 pm 

CORRECTION :

CdLp :

http://www.cdandlp.com/en/

ww
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:38 pm 

eryk / old temple (poland) = rip-off

he asked for trade, got the stuff, but never sent stuff back, asked him a couple of times about owed. he wrote the lies in e-mails. 12 cds around 125 usd in cash. total rip-off.

his contacts:

Eryk / Old Temple, p.o. box 48, 86-307 Grudziadz 9, Poland

sites: www.oldtemple.com
www.oldtempleshop.com
www.oldtempleshop.pl

e-mail: [email protected]

welten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:29 pm 

some good american label :
The flenser

http://theflenser.com/

Pagan flames
http://www.paganflames.com/

judeobeast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:23 pm 

Perverted Taste rec. is RIP-OFF
Selling CD of Autopsy "Severed Survival" as the original, or so it should be, pity is a bootleg! The matrix inside the CD should be VILE 12 instead is labeled VLE 12! I would not have ever expected from a label with so many years behind him. How can I trust to buy from them again? They have other bootlegs that pretend to be orignal? I hope they fail soon
Good trade with: ple666, invocator2k (x2), lordrul, Grief_of_Adoration, Silenius1979, Wolfhead, SARCASTIC, Axxmachine666 (x3), hewhay, false_icon, PowerProg_Adam, Roxyben, ChristosP, jacobo123, Chaos rec., Bichorojo, Fjscas

deadcenter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:10 am 

Thx for your review!
Zodijackyl wrote:
Ordered from Dead Center Productions, a label/distro based on Ukraine, and it took around two weeks to receive my package in the USA (not far from NYC). They had some issues with listed products being out of stock, as all small distros tend to have, but their prices were great, they had a unique assortment of intriguing, odd releases, and their prices were extremely low, and even cheaper with the sale they were holding for clearing out old stock. My package was very small, around 1x5x8 inches, with meticulously well packed CDs and booklets.

Great distro, worth checking out. Although they're small, I highly recommend it as the service was good and the prices cheap enough that my order expanded to ~15 titles from the one that I initially wanted to get from them. Funny enough, I got Cosmic Atrophy's "Codex Incubo" from them, the album masterminded by rexxz, who originally posted this thread many years ago.

MercyfulKing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:33 pm 

Not exactly metal, but is StudsandSpikes.com reliable? I wanna order a bulletbelt since Crustpunks and Punkbulletbelts dont have the one i want in stock

NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:07 pm 

Does anyone know a good distro for punk? And while I'm at it, a rec for a good distro for patches would be appreciated too.

Tom_Anvil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 am 

For vinyl from your previous post a while ago:

HIGH ROLLER: http://www.hrrshop.de/

IRON BONEHEAD: http://ironbonehead.de/shop/ (vinyl & patches)

For punk:
AGIPUNK: http://www.agipunk.com/indexframeset.htm
INTERPUNK: http://www.interpunk.com/

For patches:
ABYSS RECORDS: http://www.officialabyssrecords.com/ind ... c7283e0f91

I've ordered from all & no hassles!

NuclearCreation91 wrote:
Does anyone know a good distro for punk? And while I'm at it, a rec for a good distro for patches would be appreciated too.

Stone69
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:52 pm 

Had anyone ordered some shirts/long sleeves from this online store http://www.charismatees.com/ -CHARISMA-
Lots of good choices [shirts and long sleeves], though prices are a bit high.
Tried to contact them once [just for inquiries] but haven't replied to any of them, making me somewhat hesitant to proceed in placing an order.

Stone69
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:55 pm 

For your patches insanity, I highly recommend WARHEAD METAL STORE from Mexico http://warheadshop.webs.com/
Good quality patches, reliable and fast shipping.

NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:09 pm 

Thanks a lot Tom and Stone!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:54 pm 

How do we all feel about Witch Sermon / witchsermon ?
http://witchsermon.wordpress.com/

theotherbruce
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:22 pm 

Is transcendental creations still up and running? Anyone bought anything lately?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 45  Next