Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:40 pm 

Although this won't actually be relevant until about a year from now, and I feel a bit of a pleb for being so ignorant on this topic, I thought it would be good to sate my curiosity, as I don't even know where to begin searching with something like this:

Is there a kind of pedal I could use that is able to change the settings of my amp, in a live situation, from clean to distorted channels (or vice versa) without the use necessarily of a distortion pedal? There's specific settings on my amp (on both my tone settings for distorted, and reverb settings for clean) that I'd want to preserve in a live environment, as I feel I've got my tone nailed, and don't want the hassle of having to adapt/reconfigure with the distortion of a distortion pedal.

I've been searching for pedals that are able to change guitar channels, and so far I'm only getting loop pedals, so I'm assuming I'm searching for the wrong thing, if such a thing exists, which I'm positive it does.

If it does, could you direct me to an affordable (ie. £60/$80 or less) pedal that can do this?

Cheers in advance, guise.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:01 pm 

Most amps have an input for a foot switch that can do this. If the amp doesn't have it, then you can't do it. The exception would be some new digital amps, I guess, but I don't know those well.

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 pm 

You need to tell us exactly which amp you have.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 am 

Yea, we need to know what you are working with. But normally all those amps come with a footswitch to change back and forth. Sometimes you can also build one or have someone built you one.

Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
footswitch

There, that's all I needed! As silly as it may seem.

My amp at the moment, alas, is the Line6 Spider IV, but with searching for footswitches for that amp, I've found exactly what I was looking for (Line6 FBV MKII). Thanks guys.

Reply to topic