Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Semyhazah
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:14 am 

I was surfing through reviews like I always do, and found this
http://i.imgur.com/A4tVp15.jpg?1
Yes, in this vast universe sometimes coincidences happen, yet 4 reviews in such a short period of time seems, how to call it? Obnoxious? I really don't know how you work while approving reviews, but this trash attack on Beyond Creation looks extremely weird even if you use some kind of queue.

I don't know, I might be paranoid, those reviews, while long and well written, seemed out of place.

Quote:
Beyond Creation’s music veers dangerously to the border between technical death metal and deathcore. The use of more hardcore-oriented guttural vocals and at times, pig squealing, shrieking deathcore highs and breakdowns that just don’t feel like a classic death metal romp and more like a deathcore chugdown lets the music down

Did I missed the deathcore part on this album or what??

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:18 am 

From what I've seen this was discussed in several threads and was apparently pure coincidence as weird as it might look. (I don't even know this album but I've seen this pop up in quite a few threads)

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:02 am 

Let it stand for the record that ~80% of 2000s technical death metal is deathcore-influenced whether people would like to acknowledge it or not.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:43 am 

Yeah, we've had this discussion last weekend. It was long and weary, and in the end we came to the conclusion it was purely coincidental. Regarding the "deathcore" topic, I can see where it comes from as there are some breakdowns and vocal styles sparsely utilized throughout the album that could infer into someone calling it that. Funny thing is that before deathcore was a thing, people would call those elements "BMD influence" or "slam death influence", whereas nowadays everything that verges on those elements is immediately dubbed "deathcore". I can get why, as those scenes mostly overlap when it comes to those kind of musical elements. I find it curious though how the minds get turned after a scene that's as trashed as the deathcore one. It's interesting to realize such a thing.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:52 am 

Are we really still on this Beyond Creation thing? It happened, the score went down, words were said, it's all over. Can we just move on to something different?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:58 am 

Give him a break. If he wasn't here last week to witness the debate about it and he only now asks about it, what's wrong with responding amicably to clear his doubts?!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:17 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Are we really still on this Beyond Creation thing? It happened, the score went down, words were said, it's all over. Can we just move on to something different?

Says the guy who kept bringing it up long after anybody else cared until people told him to cut it out. :P

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:31 pm 

androdion wrote:
Give him a break. If he wasn't here last week to witness the debate about it and he only now asks about it, what's wrong with responding amicably to clear his doubts?!

He can talk about it in this thread and the search tool is pretty handy too: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7444

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.