Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 pm 

From the looks of it, this tour will officially be announced in the next couple of days. The line-up is Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, and Immolation. Quite the line-up if I do say so myself.

http://www.metalinsider.net/touring/can ... -tour-2013

Metantoine: poster and dates added
The Decibel Magazine Tour is happening this summer, kicking off in Houston, TX on May 10th. It will feature the unfuckwithable lineup of Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death and Immolation. So, this is going to be heavy. Three bands will split opener duty, with Beyond Creation, Cretin and Magrudergrind each hopping on a leg of the tour. Here is the routing:

5/10 Houston, TX @ Fitzgerald's
5/11 Dallas, TX @ Trees
5/12 San Antonio, TX @ Backstage Live
5/14 Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
5/15 Ramona, CA @ Ramona Mainstage
5/16 Santa Ana, CA @ The Observatory
5/17 Oakland, CA @ Oakland Metro
5/18 Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
5/19 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
5/21 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
5/22 Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Ballroom
5/23 Edmonton, AB @ Starlight Room
5/24 Regina, SK @ Riddell Centre
5/25 Winnipeg, MB @ The Garrick
5/26 St. Paul, MN @ Mill City Nights
5/28 Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
5/29 Detroit, MI @ Harpos
5/30 Buffalo, NY @ Town Ballroom
5/31 Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix
6/1 Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
6/2 Boston, MA @ Royale
6/4 New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
6/5 Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
6/6 Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
6/7 Cleveland, OH @ Peabodys
6/9 St. Louis, MO @ Pops
6/11 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
6/12 Orlando, FL @ Beacham

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:10 pm 

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Did I say "yes" yet?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 am 

Sweet Christ.....

What a lineup..

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm 

I'll try to be there, 3 amazing bands.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:55 pm 

Toad's Place? Fuck yeah, I'm going!

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 pm 

Well this is in Chicago the day after I get back from MDF. What a fucking week it will be.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:47 pm 

Absurdly jealous of all the east coast guys who'll be enjoying Magrudergrind instead of Cretin :grumble:

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm 

Can't wait. Definitely attending the Oakland Metro show.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:38 pm 

AHHH BEYOND CREATION ... I've been waiting to see those guys ... And y'know, cannibal corpse, immolation & napalm death, not bad ... haha

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:01 pm 

Just saw the ad for this in the latest Decibel. I'm stoked. I'd see either of those three bands by themselves, but together? I'll be very sad if I don't go.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:11 pm 

Fuck yes. St. Louis show at Pops. Great place to catch a metal show, especially with these death metal titans!

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 pm 

Maaaaaan. This show is during my 4 month summer student work term. I have an 8 day on 6 day off schedule but this show would have to coincide with the 6 days off for me to see it. And even if it does, I might have to see it in my hometown (as opposed to my school town which is where I've seen all my shows).

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm 

And still nobody comes to NJ. Shame, I missed the last time CC was here. :brick: Guess I can see if I can make the Philly date.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:16 pm 

Tucson is like a six hour drive from where I live, add that altogether so its 12 hours, about 80 dollars or more in gas, and god knows I'll probably spend a fuckload on merch and visiting some friends at U of A. I'm screwed.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:56 pm 

Tickets went on sale this a.m. at 10:00. I bought my ticket at 10:00. How in the hell could anyone pass up Cannibal Corpse and Immolation? Best tour that's come through my town in awhile. And, I've yet to ever see Immolation live.

WAIT JUST A GOD DAMN MINUTE! Is Beyond Creation really on this tour??? HORY SHITE NO WAY!

Edit: FUCK. No Beyond Creation for me being the May 18th show in Portland. That would have been one hell of a bonus.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm 

My friends want me to go on the Cleveland show with Magoogoogrind playing. The VIP tix say they are only 36 dollars. Cannot pass that up. I could also go to the Buffalo show as well to see Beyond Creation.

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
Fuck yes. St. Louis show at Pops. Great place to catch a metal show, especially with these death metal titans!

I and my band will be at that date. We're currently trying to get on the line-up. What's your name, man? I feel like I should know you, haha.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:57 am 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:

I saw that and nearly shit myself, since Im like 15 minutes away. I was telling a friend of mine and when I told her what bands...she kind of laughed and said I could go by myself. I just saw Pauls interview about the Death Metal Big Four, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Suffocation, Morbid Angel....Well, I would much rather have it be a big five: Cannibal, Deicide, Suffocation, Immolation, Vader.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 pm 

Yet another metal tour neglecting the south east. Starting to think I'll never make it to any kind of show -.-

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:37 pm 

Holy shit, Immolation and Napalm Death. I'll sit through the most ill-fitting deathcore bands if those two are coming right after... but at El Corazon? That place is too small if you have Cannibal Corpse there, too. I can only imagine how packed it'll be. Just checked the venue page - Seattle get's Cretin. Never heard their music.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:54 pm 

Does anyone know what band is opening for the Oakland Metro show?
(please please please please please be Beyond Creation)
Caravans’ stoned deliverance"-Sleep's Dopesmoker

LO FI GRIND- http://alaskanpipelinesgrinds.bandcamp.com/

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:12 pm 

Cretin most likely as they're from the bay area

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:44 am 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
Cretin most likely as they're from the bay area

FUUUUCK I wish all 3 bands were opening all shows haha.
Caravans’ stoned deliverance"-Sleep's Dopesmoker

LO FI GRIND- http://alaskanpipelinesgrinds.bandcamp.com/

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:32 pm 

It would be awesome if this came to the UK, especially Cretin, but having seeing CC and Immolation last year, I'm not too disheartened it's on the other side of the world. Napalm Death haven't played London in forever now, but I'm sure they will at some point, one of my favouite bands, but never gotten around to seeing them.

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:43 am 

It looks like a June 8th date has been added at Bogart's in Cincinnati, OH.

They're billing it as "Death on the Vine 2013" (last year, they combined Cannibal Corpse and Black Dahlia Murder's tours; Nile, Skeletonwitch, Exhumed, Hour of Penance, Abysmal Dawn and Arkaik opened)

Origin is listed as playing but considering the start time is 3:30, I'm wondering if there's more to come. Cannibal Corpse is spoiling us again, but we fucking deserve it. This area always gets skipped in favor of hitting Cleveland and Louisville.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:57 pm 

Come to think of it, I own a vinyl of Napalm Death: Scum (first pressing) but have never seen them live. Should be fun.

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:46 pm 

Anybody gone to this yet? How was it? I'll be going to the toronto date, super stoked to see beyond creation. Not too familiar with napalm death's material though, would be rad if somebody could point me towards some songs I'll likely hear by them.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:59 pm 

Commandaunt wrote:
Anybody gone to this yet? How was it? I'll be going to the toronto date, super stoked to see beyond creation. Not too familiar with napalm death's material though, would be rad if somebody could point me towards some songs I'll likely hear by them.

Going to this tomorrow night and will report back.

Also, you might be able to find something on Setlist.fm

The_Acid_Rabbit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
Tickets went on sale this a.m. at 10:00.

Where did you get your tickets? Cause I couldn't find anything about it on metal insider, and I would love to go to the show in buffalo. Help me out!

EDIT: I checked ticketmaster, and they didn't list the show in buffalo, so I'm looking specifically for any possibility of getting tickets for that show. Hoping they haven't sold out for it yet, so if anyone knows whether or not they're still available, let me know.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:04 am 

I took a look at Cannibal's setlist for this tour.

Yeah, this is a must see show.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:45 pm 

The_Acid_Rabbit wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

Where did you get your tickets? Cause I couldn't find anything about it on metal insider, and I would love to go to the show in buffalo. Help me out!

EDIT: I checked ticketmaster, and they didn't list the show in buffalo, so I'm looking specifically for any possibility of getting tickets for that show. Hoping they haven't sold out for it yet, so if anyone knows whether or not they're still available, let me know.

I used a link from songkick.com and the vendor for the tickets was TicketFly. I just bought another one for a friend for tonight's show in Portland. Here is a link for tickets I found through Facebook for the Buffalo show if you're still looking:

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketP ... id=7422352

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:43 am 

Philly is a four hour drive for me. It's a good thing I have a class in Wilkes-Barre that week, which will cut the drive down to two hours. Anyone here going to Philly? I'll be flying solo if anyone wants to meet up.

EDIT: Also, Philly users, is there any parking near the Union Transfer? I have a fullsize F150 that does not like Philly's normal parking arrangements.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:08 pm 

Well, last night was a flawless performance in my view. Huge set-list that included many songs across nearly their entire discography. Sound was good and the show was fun. They absolutely crushed it. Many of the songs are on their album 'Torturing Live' (2013) but the entire set lasted approx 1 1/2 hrs, which was more than I expected, considering the '3rd band' on the bill Immolation got just a half-hour :( . Overall, I'm happy as hell I went. Those guitars really do smash your face. My ears are still ringing. :)

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:59 am 

TheStormIRide wrote:
EDIT: Also, Philly users, is there any parking near the Union Transfer? I have a fullsize F150 that does not like Philly's normal parking arrangements.

I don't think there is. The building is right up against the street, and there weren't any parking lots I remember seeing nearby when I was there last. I'm not all that familiar with Philly though, so there might be one that I just missed.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:49 pm 

CC's set probably had the most brutal pit I've ever seen. It was unstoppable. I swear maybe 10 songs in I felt broken in pieces. I was at the front along the stage and felt like I had 2 people on top of me because of the pile-up. The pit for "Hammer Smashed Face" :o. Corpsegrinder's "You owe this one to Jeff Hanneman" was enough to get that crowd going... and then they played "Stripped Raped and Strangled" immediately after as their closer and it just felt like overkill in terms of body-crushing moshing.

Barney of Napalm Death, also, is one of the most active vocalists on stage I've seen. He's up there with Bobby Blitz in terms of never staying in one spot unless he's singing. The man was always moving around and losing it on stage, and the banter wasn't bad at all. Better stage presence than Corpsegrinder, who's banter was good but never moved.

For me, my night was mostly made talking with Dolan and Vigna. Those guys run their merch table, so you can pretty much shoot the shit with them when there's not a bunch of people buying stuff. Even got a picture that's pretty horrendous. They were all cool with it, but the quality is piss-poor (you can really only see Vigna).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92937&p=2262632#p2262632
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

iAmDisturbed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:18 am 

Barney is great live. Always a treat!
Colour me jealous!

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:50 pm 

The_Acid_Rabbit wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

If you google decibel magazine tour tickets you should be able to find them. Of course ticket companys suck and they require a credit card which I don't own... =(

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:30 am 

Philly show. I checked the website and found out that there's parking out back, so I'll be there. If anyone else has plans on going send me a PM.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:09 am 

I'll be at the show this Friday the 7th in Cleveland. The bumps, bruises, and broken bones I can handle - it's my dental insurance that's fucked!

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:21 pm 

Anyone have an extra ticket to tomorrow's Brooklyn show?
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

Reply to topic