Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:58 am 

http://top100.topsters.net/

We all have a general idea of what everyone listens to here, but if you had time I thought it'd be a little fun for everyone to post a collage of their 100 favorite/most loved albums. They don't have to be metal and the site covers the bases for a lot of genres, but if you have some time why not post a collage of your favorite albums here? What albums did you leave out? How have your tastes changed over time from your top ten, down to the various interchangeable albums you have in the lower columns? Do you think your taste will change as you get older/are exposed to other genres? Its ok to have forgotten some albums I know I left out quite a few, feel free to post the albums you left out and why you may have neglected to post them. Here is mine:

Spoiler: show

I forgot basically a lot by Overkill, Pagan Altar, Skyclad, OM, the list can go on.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:06 am 

And please, people, try to remember to use spoiler tags like Veracs above did. Also, if this is to become a success story, I'd sure appreciate discussions on the listings, not just pics of album covers. While I am not really familiar with Veracs' personality, it would be cool if you could go into depth about various people's character and their favourites.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:39 am 

I made this about a year ago, so it's a little out of date in a few new releases (Both my top two of last year would have been in the top 50), and a few older albums I've picked up. Not sure exactly who to name, so I'll be quiet and estimate around 5 to 10 other albums would be on my new one if I updated. And obviously order would have shifted a fair bit, I'd probably move Wormphlegm's album into the top ten now for instance, the lower down, the more likely it is that I'd change positions. Since I'm lazy I'll just copy/paste the message I put up when I posted it in a FB group.

"Ok, this took me like 4 hours so I'm going to ramble. Basically the top three are utterly interchangable, I opted for NSV because it's more inventive than Prelude, and less time consuming than Pernicious, but these are 100% all the way albums. After that, up til 39 are all albums I absolutely love completely, and it was hard to sort among them and I put in a lot of effort, I'm pretty shocked to see how I actually rank some, I mean I would have had Evoken as a top 15 album if you asked me flat out, but it barely breaks top 25. After than up until around Pentacle (72) are my real "Second tier classics", being albums I love but can identify some flaws, like Phoenix Rising, or things I just haven't listened to long enough to really put them up with the top level releases without some apprehension, like Oppressor. The stuff after than are albums I still love, but there are about 50 others that could have gone there in the same quality level which could have got the spot on any random day I feel slightly more inclined between them, and their order is pretty much interchangable.

Also my top ten is utterly unexciting, never thought I was one to lump so many albums of a single band in my top levels, but three Esoterics and two Nathrakh's say otherwise."

nasum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:22 am 

OK, done. I lost an hour doing this so I must post or it's gonna be wasted time.
Okay, my top ten albums are:

In The Woods... - Omnio
Timeless classic, I've noticed people usually prefer Heart of the Ages to this one, which doesn't surprise me since HotA is much more accessible album, it's bit avant-garde black metal album, while Omnio is fully avant-garde and very unique experience. I'd classify it as a avant-garde doom/gothic metal album, but really, it's really unique. Probably my favorite album at all, I recommend it anyone into doom or avant-garde metal.

Skepticism -Stormcrowfleet
Their first album and probably my favorite Skepticism album, though I place Lead and Aether in same rank, I just thought it'd would be redundant to put them both there. This is probably best funeral doom metal album.

Amebix -Arise!
I quite like 80s proto-crust/grindcore bands with metal touch. You'll notice I have quite some of those albums on my list, and this one is my favorite of them all.

Discordance Axis - The Inalienable Dreamless
It's very melodic grindore, but still grindcore at finest. Fast, furious, noisy (but clean produced) and short. My favorite grindcore album.

DoomSword - Resound the Horn
Like with Skepticism, I thought it would be redundant to put Let Battle Commence along with this album in top 10. DoomSword sounds like Candlemass meets Manowar, though what really makes this album great is epic music and amazing vocals over the slow driven heavy guitars.

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal
This is probably my favorite DM band, I could put any of their albums in top 10. But I really think they topped with Those Once Loyal. It's old school death metal album, slow, with excellent drumming but no blastbeats with doomy feeling overall. Bolt Thrower decided they won't be releasing new albums since they can't top this, this is best recommendation.

Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine
This is progressive metal, but not in the style of Dream Theater or similar bands, labeling this progressive metal is quite wrong. This is quite similar to In The Woods... - Omnio, but these guys never played black metal so it misses such touch. Also, production is much better. I'd call this progressive doom metal, but anyone who knows what is doom metal knows these guys aren't playing that. But overall feeling is closest to doom metal. I think fans of doom metal might like it.

Crowbar - Odd Fellows Rest
Crowbar is heaviest band on the planet, probably. This is their best album, probably. I don't think you can get much better than this in sludge metal, probably.

Judas Priest - Painkiller
I wasn't sure to put this album on the list, since I don't listen to much heavy metal. I like this album a lot. It's very energetic and uplifting. I listen it a lot, so I decided to put it in top 10.

Celtic Frost - Monotheist
This is not your typical Celtic Frost. I don't like thrash metal, or most of it, so I don't find early Celtic Frost interesting. But this is exception. First, this is not thrash metal, this is some kind of psychedelic gothic/doom. And I like it.

You can notice I didn't add any Nasum in top 10, but you can consider Inhale/Exhale as honorary member of my top 10. And I probably missed quite some albums, I'll probably remember them when I see other people's collages.

It's probably his idea of metal. That Black Sabbath and Trouble stuff doesn't have enough gangsta giving the finger.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:27 am 

Woah, Irreligious being picked twice here!

I'd do mine, but I'm afraid that me trying to pick anything besides my top 10 would be a lost cause. I'll think about it though.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:36 am 

Veracs I'm highly intrigued by the album art for your number 3 spot, I see in it lord_ghengis's second tier as well. What is it?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

That Guy 666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:42 am 

What a great way to spend an hour.

My taste has generally been the same. I'm pretty tight with my favorite albums and I don't generally like to include new things I listen to, unless it immediately strikes me as something I will love for a long time. I don't really listen to much new stuff anyways. I could also add probably another 100 albums if I had to. I like a lot of stuff. Also I only included one album per artist.

Last edited by That Guy 666 on Sat May 18, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:56 am 

Never been very good at lists, but this is about as close as I could get. I made it last year sometime, but the only thing I'd really change now is adding some Alice in Chains stuff, notably the s/t in place of Tad Morose or Pagan Altar in my top 10. And the EPs in the top 100 for sure. Everything else looks about accurate.

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:07 am 

EoH, its Tara by Absu.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:36 am 

Tara: Absu's worst album! :P

Metal albums/EPs in some order (1 album per band to make it more interesting).

Same rules again but for non-metal.

This was a pretty fun way to kill some time, and now I can revisit some old favourites that I've not played in aeons!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:29 am 

Thanks ghengis, I've never listened to Absu before but I think I'm gonna have to check them out based on that cover.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:54 am 

If you have trouble deciding how to rank your favorite albums, like me, this could be quite helpful:
http://leonid-shevtsov.github.io/monkeysort/

Just paste the list in there and hit "Sort It", and it'll run a quicksort algorithm with you doing the compares manually. Pretty cool shit.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Filosofuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:10 pm 

Not the best list. I've got somewhere around a few thousand albums backlogged, so I'm sure it will look completely different in a year.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:23 pm 

I did it a year ago when we were all doing it on Facebook so there's some albums I would change and I want to redo it. Acrobat's collage made me realize there's many things I forgot, especially in black and traditional so I'll a new one later when I'll be back in town since my internet is pretty ass in the countryside. I made some expensive concessions to put some of my non metal favorite albums but I'm not sure they still fit in my top 100. They need to be replaced by stuff like Virgin Steele, Warlord, more Manilla Road and bm. Anyway, here's the first version. The top 10 wouldn't quite change anyway, perhaps Show No Mercy will jump in it though.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:28 pm 

Empyreal wrote:

Never been very good at lists, but this is about as close as I could get. I made it last year sometime, but the only thing I'd really change now is adding some Alice in Chains stuff, notably the s/t in place of Tad Morose or Pagan Altar in my top 10. And the EPs in the top 100 for sure. Everything else looks about accurate.

You're the only guy I know who'd also have Autumn's Altitude in their top 10. I would probably, as well.

I would love to do one of these, but I would feel like I left stuff out. It isn't easy, and there would be non-metal ones on there I'd balance out. Just feels like it'd take too much time and feel unfinished. Or maybe I'll just man up, take 20 minutes and just do it.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:14 pm 

I suck at making top 10/100/1000/. Right off the bat I noticed I forgot stuff by Woods of Infinity, Sort Vokter, Summoning, Black Sabbath, Bone Awl, Kraftwerk, Klaus Schulze and Vlad Tepes. I had to leave out some of my doujin ongaku stuff because it wasn't avaliable on the list and I didn't felt like uploading the album art. Spite Extreme Wing's Vltra should be on Second Tier Classic but I messed up.

I struggled to decide if Der Freiwillige Bettler should be on Panzerfaust place, but in the end I decided it shouldn't.

My top 10 would stay about the same though.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:03 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
I would love to do one of these, but I would feel like I left stuff out. It isn't easy, and there would be non-metal ones on there I'd balance out. Just feels like it'd take too much time and feel unfinished. Or maybe I'll just man up, take 20 minutes and just do it.

I just sat and filled one during work and felt like it was terrible. I left way too much out, and it would take way too long to reorganize. I'd have to go with like 100 per genre or only one per band or something similar. Maybe I'll give it another shot later tonight.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:04 pm 

I'll do one of these tomorrow evening probably. I've got a busy day today and a kickball game tomorrow I'm attending but I'll do one in the near future anyways!

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:08 pm 

I limited it to 1 album per artist, its missing a ton of my favorite albums but it is only a top 100 after all. It's not really in any order except for the top 10.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:30 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
I did it a year ago when we were all doing it on Facebook so there's some albums I would change and I want to redo it.

I'm in the same position. There are some I'd take off, and some that really should be there.

Suppose I'll do the top 10 thing as well

Cobalt - Gin
Won't go on a rant about this, already done that a few times. Great all around stuff, cool tribal drum stuff, sharp-as-a-razor riffs, brooding atmospheric sections, depraved vocals - plus an awesome appearance by Jarboe!

Neurosis - Souls At Zero
Really something else. I've heard somewhat of an influence on black metal bands jumalhämärä and Cobalt, but not in a blatantly prevalent way. With the next album they spawned the whole post-metal/atmospheric sludge stuff but this album is really impossible to copy. Still one foot in the crusty punk side of things, the riffs are sharp here (not sludgy) the atmosphere huge and the additional instrumentation truly engulfing.

The Verdunkeln Demo
This is awesome, raw black metal mixed with dark psychedelia. There's just something about this that gets me everytime.

Death Evokation - S/T
In the middle of writing a review for this. Great midpaced death metal taking some hints from the early doom/death camp. Makes me think of mid-era Bolt Thrower mixed with older Swedeath stuff.

Crowbar - Sonic Excess In It's Purest Form
This album is fucking perfect. Featuring Sammy from Acid Bath and Goatwhore on guitar, the riffs are consistently amazing. A smoother production, this stuff really flows. Kirk's songwriting and lyrics at it's best and his bellowing vocals are as good as ever. "Thru the Ashes (I've Watched You Burn)" is one of the best songs ever written.

Nas - Illmatic
Most likely the best rap album ever made. The beats are less commercial, and very laid back. His rapping is flawless, it doesn't even seem like he's trying. Great song after great song, this album just has such an authentic vibe to it. He never came close to anything that good again.

Agalloch - The Mantle
Their first three albums were my gateway into black metal. This was my favourite album of all time when I was 16. It's not really a metal (let alone BM) album at all- the folk/post-rock is pretty much at the forefront. This whole thing really embodies the feeling of vast rolling hills alongside lakes and rivers in the summer. Reminds me of certain places in Quebec actually.

Pink Floyd - Animals
Is an explanation really necessary?

Gris - Il Était une Forêt...
I really am not into the whole DSBM thing, but this really does it for me. Featuring lots of classical instrumentation and occasional soaring leads, this really is the shit. From what I've seen people say here, it's pretty much a love 'em or hate 'em sort of band.

The Left - Gasmask
Still one of my favourite rap albums ever, but in hindsight I'd probably switch it out for Kyuss's Welcome to Sky Valley (s/t). This has great beats with samples from old-timey brass stuff. Great flow, lyrics better than most and goes beyond the whole "homie in the hood with drugs and guns" thing.

shecriedyoucaved
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:47 pm 

Great thread!

As you can see, I'm a big fan of death/doom and black metal.

I'm also very partial to 1980s/90s DIY hardcore/crust/emo.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:16 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:

I limited it to 1 album per artist, its missing a ton of my favorite albums but it is only a top 100 after all. It's not really in any order except for the top 10.

Good call with On the Beach, that's probably my favorite Neil Young. But man, you really don't like metal anymore :( I think I'll do a non metal one in the coming days.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:09 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
You're the only guy I know who'd also have Autumn's Altitude in their top 10. I would probably, as well.

It's just a spectacular work. I couldn't even begin to review it right now, just too much to wrap my head around still. There's something incredibly meaningful and artful about it.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:28 pm 

How do you make the covers appear without uploading them all yourself? Do you have to register to this?

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:30 pm 

Okay, here it is. This was quite torturous to make. Many had to be excluded, and several times I realized that I had forgotten an essential favorite (forgot The Detached until almost the end, FUUUUU-)...

The two non-metal albums in my top 10 are probably in a photo finish for my absolute favorite, since Spirit of Eden and Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain both exemplify the epitome of emotional artistic expression to my ears. I could write pages and pages about the impact those albums alone have had on me. Hanging in the Balance does the same for metal. Axioma Ethica Odini is the best mix of progressive and extreme metal out there, and a breathtaking experience. Visual Lies captures the essence of an era I long to have lived through, and is perhaps the 'funnest' album I've encountered, which is important as well. Temple of Shadows is simply my favorite power metal album across the board, as beautiful as it is powerful. It was tough choosing my favorite thrash record, as both Deception Ignored and By Inheritance could have taken the cake, but in the end, Act of God's relentless assault of heavy-as-fuck riffage and its emphatic, unforgettable vocal performance just barely put it over the top. Other classics included shouldn't have to be explained, such as the evidently fantastic Abigail and Awaken the Guardian.

There were several bands/records I couldn't live without that didn't quite crack the top 10, including the most common participants. Voivod, easily one of my favorite bands and quite possibly the most consistent through their first seven records, took the cake with 5 entries. Crimson Glory has fallen (very) slightly in my estimation, but their first two masterful records only just fell short. Septicflesh has turned in classics from several different eras and made it 4 times. The Smiths, up there with my most listened-to bands, placed with their first three records. Talk Talk made it three times, as did Lizzy Borden and Fates Warning. Several bands managed to get in twice, including Edge of Sanity, Anubis Gate, Iron Maiden, Anathema, Sortilege, and King Diamond.

Some standalone efforts that entranced me included Paragon of Dissonance and Alloy, easily the best examples of funeral doom I've heard. Leprosy is a somewhat obvious choice, but it basically delivers everything I look for in OSDM: the catchy choruses, heavy riffs, and Chuck's infectious vocal efforts. Night Is the New Day my seem to be a strange choice, but it's one of my most frequently listened to records and a gripping, melancholic masterpiece. The Voice of Steel is pure majesty, and would make it in this last based on the merits of the song "Ukraine" itself. My love of some good, energetic post-hardcore is cemented here by Relationship of Command and Good Health. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix and Helplessness Blues are guilty pleasures that I never tire of. I also couldn't exclude a few awesome demo (but full-length sized) releases, particularly those by Vault, Prodigy, and Apollo Ra. I made sure Wicked Maraya and Holocaust got a spot here, since they're two of the most underrated bands in my opinion. Most of the best albums were released from 1986 to 1990 in both metal and non-metal, I think.

Bands to barely miss include Riot, Toxik, Vendetta, Holy Terror, Gojira, Lost Horizon and many others. Damn this was hard.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:57 pm 

OK, this is something I didn't think I'd ever do, and when I did, I realized I actually am a fossil. Little black metal, almost no doom, absolutely no real prog, and the first album less than 20 years old holds the position number 12... Anyway, I still think I'm not completely ossified and/or closed minded.

Also, it's important to note that I haven't heard many of these in years, even half a decade. They are still important things to me, and, I think, to my development to what I am now. Maybe.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:13 pm 

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:34 pm 

EDIT: I changed my mind. This is a good thread and worth doing.

Last edited by marktheviktor on Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:57 pm 

Ok, here's mine filled with some classics (Maiden, Manowar), some 80s soundtracks (some pure synth,
some pure AOR/pop), some streetpunk, some electronics etc.pp. There's no specific order in the
three parts (top 10, 2nd tiers, other faves)....

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:33 pm 

Anyone else find that there seems to be no King Crimson albums in the site's database?! Wanted to add In the Court of the Crimson King.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:20 pm 

Hello, my name is Wilytank and this is my shitty contribution to a fad.

Everything in the top ten is something that's been really stuck to me for a while. The entire first row is 100% material with The Dwelling being my personal favorite of all time. I threw in a bunch of random 5 star shit in the second-tier category without any organization whatsoever. I didn't repeat a band though.

By the time I finished the second-tier, I got bored and stopped. I did throw Klaus Schulze on there because he's the bee's knees and Archaeaeon by Mitochondrion because why the hell not?

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:40 pm 

I'm not really good at arranging this in any artful way, so instead I'll provide you with some statistics.

Artists/Bands with most releases in the list: Tom Waits/Blut Aus Nord (each 3 albums)
Preferred genres: Black Metal (ca. 22 releases; tendency for Symphonic Black Metal) / Death Metal (ca. 16 releases) / Doom Metal (ca. 8 releases)
Other genres: Thrash Metal / Stoner Metal / Progressive Metal/Rock / Avantgarde (Metal) / Singer-Songwriter / Electronic / Viking/Folk/Pagan Metal / Post-Rock / Dark Ambient / Power Metal

There's a bit of everything in the list, and even though, for example, I possess far more albums from Rhapsody (Of Fire) than from any other Power Metal band, they don't have that outstanding work which must be included in this list, and instead "Heavenseeker" by Galloglass is in it. Likewise, I really appreciate bands like Maudlin Of The Well, God Dethroned or Darkspace, but couldn't pick one release from their discography as standing above the rest of the respective bands' material.

This makes up for about 10% of my whole collection, and there are about 10 more albums that I considered to include in the list. So while the order beginning with second-tier classics is rather random, the overall list is fairly representative of my favorites.

Edit:
Seems like "Axe To Fall" is a placeholder for "Jane Doe" in my list, which I don't have yet. Converge is the band of the hour for me.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:33 am 

Behold my shitty concoction of gay, arboreal black metal, doom, neofolk, and other random, assorted shit. I made one of these around a year ago and it seems to be relatively the same. Tried my best not to include the same band twice, but that didn't quite work out. Oh well. Quite a bit of stuff ended up getting left out unfortunately as well (Darkspace, Hexvessel, Persuader, Count Raven, Vitus, Sabbath, Darkthrone, etc.). Also, everything outside of the Top 10 really isn't in any particular order.

Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:28 am 

Well, I think this is pretty representative of my favourite albums. Of course, if I spent hours contemplating and fine-tuning, there would be a few albums switched up for others, but for the most part it seems solid with my preferences. Definitely a mish-mash of different things in there, including some non-metal albums.

And yeah, that's a Korn album... I'll show myself out. :oh shit:

lord_ghengis

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:33 am 

Stephane you are not as feelsy.as you should be. Go feel some more.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 am 

korgull wrote:
Anyone else find that there seems to be no King Crimson albums in the site's database?! Wanted to add In the Court of the Crimson King.

I noticed the same. The only results that showed were either covers or bootlegs.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 am 

The band asks (demands under threat of legal acton) websites hosting their cover art to remove it.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:55 am 

Here's mine. Took me a while since I never consider which is better than another and not every one has been listened to many times. It lacks some black, doom and power metal, but those are my least favorite genres. Plus, I never really discussed what I like on this forum, so here you go.

Filosofuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:45 am 

Just realized I forgot to put Thergothon- Stream from the Heavens in mine.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:33 pm 

Well, that was damn hard - first list was around 190 albums or so...

Limited to 1 album per band I own physically.
Also, only the top 10 albums are sorted, the following 30 and 60 are alphabetically sorted.

I cheated in that I chose 2 live albums over studio ones (Deep Purple's Made in Japan and Iron Maiden's Live After Death). Chosing a studio album from those 2 was too difficult.

Only 5 non-metal albums:
- Comus' First Utterance: best psychedelic-folk album of all time.
- Acid Mothers Temple's Mantra of Love: best psychedelic-rock band of all time. It is the one I know best from their intimidating discography- think Senmuth...
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' Let Love In: probably the more consistent to my ears, with some of my favorite songs from them.
- Led Zeppelin's II
- Silvester Anfang's Kosmies Slachtafval: I'm a sucker for improvised belgian drone-folk.
No room left for either Heldon, Tangerine Dream / Klaus Schultze, Dead Can Dance, Leonard Cohen or Terry Riley. :(
Also no crust / punk / hardcore :nono:
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Last edited by false_icon on Sun May 19, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next