Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:41 pm 

Metantoine, can I forward you an email from Kirill?

EDIT: I forwarded the email.

Last edited by RazorDick on Tue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:51 pm 

You don't need my permission to send me an email...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

QR0SS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:28 pm 

Can honestly only believe that this verdict was some sort of mistake. The submission by Only Zuul was rejected due to being "Not a metal band. Does not belong on Encyclopedia Metallum. " I would be interested to know what the moderator/s would classify it as if not metal. It's blast beats, double bass, death and black metal growling, pinch harmonics, and deals with themes of demons, death and evil. This band has played along side Deicide, Jungle, Rot, Goatwhore, Cattle Decapitation. Only Zuul has never been booked on anything except metal bills and their fans are made up of metalheads. Anyone reading this should please check out samples of our music: http://www.reverbnation.com/onlyzuul. Listen to the tracks, watch the videos and then say whether or not this music is metal.

P.S. This is NOT "Zuul" and this is NOT "Zuul FX" , this is ONLY ZUUL from Portland, OR .

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:51 pm 

QR0SS wrote:
Can honestly only believe that this verdict was some sort of mistake. The submission by Only Zuul was rejected due to being "Not a metal band. Does not belong on Encyclopedia Metallum. " I would be interested to know what the moderator/s would classify it as if not metal. It's blast beats, double bass, death and black metal growling, pinch harmonics, and deals with themes of demons, death and evil. This band has played along side Deicide, Jungle, Rot, Goatwhore, Cattle Decapitation. Only Zuul has never been booked on anything except metal bills and their fans are made up of metalheads. Anyone reading this should please check out samples of our music: http://www.reverbnation.com/onlyzuul. Listen to the tracks, watch the videos and then say whether or not this music is metal.

P.S. This is NOT "Zuul" and this is NOT "Zuul FX" , this is ONLY ZUUL from Portland, OR .

Sounded like deathcore from the samples I heard.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:57 pm 

After some discussion with other mods, it's been determined Only Zuul are indeed acceptable. Sorry for the oversight, we're humans too unfortunately (except for Zodi, he doesn't need sleep). Feel free to resubmit.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

QR0SS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:58 pm 

Thank you.

QR0SS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:01 pm 

Hey, just got confirmation that Only Zuul could be resubmitted since it was determined that it is indeed metal, however now apparently Only Zuul has been blacklisted and cannot be resubmitted until it is removed from the blacklist.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 pm 

:durr:

Sorry again, now you can resubmit.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

QR0SS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:05 pm 

Thanks again. Band successfully resubmitted.

azmodan_rules
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:19 am 

Some years ago Afterhell, a mexican Melodic Death Metal band, was blacklisted, I read the rules and they fulfill the requirements, there was already a post about that band but is closed. the band is clearly metal as can be proved in this video
(it's from the official YouTube account so yo can check for other videos to verify that it's not the only metal song), also they have a physical CD called From Inner Deception, it's a 11 songs EP, they're already selling it as can be seen in the https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=385726608193117&set=a.109103169188797.13125.103796299719484&type=1&theater link.

They're pretty good, but I know that's just my opinion, nevertheless I hope it can be reconsidered to add back the band.

If, for any reason, I failed to understand the motive why it was deleted in the first place and they don't qualify for Metal Archives, I'll understand, but I'd like to get a clear explanation why, so I won't repet the same mistake in the future.

Band: Afterhell

Discography:
-From Inner Deception (2010) EP

Lineup:
-Nate Sanchez (Lead guitar)
-Artorius Maximus (Bass)
-Javi Sanchez (Drums)
-Juan Carlos Alonso (Guitar)
-Alejandro Garcia (Voice)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:22 am 

Afterhell can now be submitted. Don't forget to include the evidence you provided here in the submission.

God of shadows
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:44 pm 

Excuse me, but was Ovid's Withering rejected because of not having a valid release? Because you can now buy their EP, and I also got one. Can take a photo of it if you don't believe me.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:00 pm 

God of shadows wrote:
Excuse me, but was Ovid's Withering rejected because of not having a valid release? Because you can now buy their EP, and I also got one. Can take a photo of it if you don't believe me.

Blacklisted for being more core than metal.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:08 pm 

Metantoine, I forwarded another email with more information from Kirill about the demo.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 pm 

I'm aware. I'm not accepting this as a valid proof, sorry.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:17 pm 

What can I do for a valid proof if a snapshot of a Facebook conversation with the guitarist and a email confirming the demo's existence and distribution when the band was together isn't?

EDIT: I found their Myspace, I hadn't actually tried looking for Empire of Dust since I was in direct correspondence with Kirill, so didn't feel the need to look up information online.
http://m.myspace.com/home.wap?bfd=webne ... /326439031
I use mobile internet so nothing other then songs and pictures is visible on Myspace. Or else I would see of they had a blog about it or on the comments.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:41 pm 

I talked about that with an admin and he reached the same conclusion I did. The only release of the band is a cd-r with no cover art (the words of the dude) and it was given at shows to those who wanted, that's not good enough. Subject closed.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:50 pm 

Ok. Just makes no sense that a metal band that did release a demo and made it available to their fans (including me) even if it didn't have a cover and was a CDr is being rejected.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:24 pm 

RazorDick wrote:
Ok. Just makes no sense that a metal band that did release a demo and made it available to their fans (including me) even if it didn't have a cover and was a CDr is being rejected.

It's a gray area that we discussed. An acceptable case would be Lightsbane, where there is proof that they made a significant number of CD-Rs that had no artwork, just labeled with a marker, but I saw at least 50 given away at a small show, and they mentioned burning spindles of discs to give away at larger shows. There are also instances of other bands I know who "gave away demo CD-Rs to fans" who made a handful of discs with demo tracks by request, which is neither putting out a proper release nor releasing your music to the general public, as people who ask for copies tend to be friends/locals who already know the band.

Still, what we consider a release is something accessible for more or less anyone who wants to spread their music. What we consider releasing music is little more effort than putting tracks on MySpace, but music actually needs to be released to the public, not just given out to those who ask on CD-R without artwork, which is so incredibly half-assed that the band honestly never really finished the release.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 pm 

I understand that you don't accept CDr demos where say the band just threw in a blank and burned it on a shuffle setting where the tracks aren't in a set order. But Empire of Dust's demo release does have a set track order. Its four tracks. I could ask the guitarist how many they made again. When I asked he said that the band burned CDr's on "as-needed basis" meaning they weren't just making a small amounts to close friends like kvlt bands do. They handed them out to fans at every show they played.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gv4y0h1l8rcu06a
Empire of Dust - Demo

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:42 pm 

A few ideas of things that would display that these were distributed to the general public - "demos available" noted on a show flyer, or a picture of them giving them out/a merch table at a notable venue, basically anywhere that we can see that the band was offering these to the general public in a noteworthy capacity, would help.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 pm 

Yeah, I was looking for something like that but mobile internet is kinda limited.
All I could find was an old Myspace link, which I couldn't read or view any comments or blogs.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:55 pm 

http://www.mediafire.com/?5hmmyl1zqgx
National Disasters "And it Begins..."

That is all I could find online, I'm listening to it and it's really soft sounding.
I only own their first self titled full length and their last release which is the split with En el Abismo "Vestiagos de la Civilizacion".
National Disasters slowly started evolving from a hardcore punk band to a epic crust band, they didn't add the sludge sound until Void (Communion of Thieves, Terrorist) joined National Disasters, he's on the split I provided.

I understand if they are unacceptable.

vampiresquid666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm 

I am new and writing about the site for a paper. I tried to go through the submit a band process with my own band admittedly. And so it says a Balaclava(US) has been blacklisted. After reading the rules I'd assume it's a genre based decision as we have a lot of hardcore/punk influence. Also I have to answer no to question 4 because I didn't go through the submission process all the way since it warned me about this after the bandname field. But I'm curious and wondering if someone could verify my assumption for me, please.

Also wanted to add the most recent release of ours was through Southern Lord, here's a listen link on their site: http://www.southernlord.com/mp3/This_City.mp3

In case there could be a reconsideration.

Thanks for your time.

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:10 am 

I'm Ixion from al ard. I have tried to submit my band, but I was rejected 2 times: the first time because I was wrong the month of publication of our release ( I selected June instead of January); the second time I was rejected because the administrator (Alhadis) who sent me the rejection email thinks I've tried to fool you, but I only committed a mistake in selection of date of publication.
So, how can I try to be submitted considering that I commited a mistake?

Thanks.

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:17 am 

I'm sorry for rewriting, but I report here the two mails that I received:

" Sorry al ard, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band al ard (Italy), for the following reason:
You have listed the release date as June 20th - please wait until the release is out then resubmit it.
If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.
Sincerely,
- Zodijackyl, Encyclopaedia Metallum "

" Sorry al ard, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Al Ard (Italy), for the following reason:
Wow. You think changing the release date of the demo from June 20th to January is REALLY going to fool us? Wait until the damn thing is released, THEN submit it!
If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.
Sincerely,
- Alhadis, Encyclopaedia Metallum "

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:34 am 

I checked your band's Facebook page, and there was no mention of a release aside from a post with the album artwork that had "Soon..." as the caption.

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:07 am 

I'm sorry Alhadis, but we have no facebook page as I remember...I inserted only myspace and soundcloud links in related links section.
If you refer to myspace page, we didn't post anything about publication of release...I didn't think that was necessary this kind of proof for you.
So how can I demonstrate you that we are a real and active band which compose music? When do you think that we are ready for submitting?

thanks.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:24 am 

Wait, sorry, that was another band I rejected earlier tonight for a similar reason... :rolleyes: Nevermind.

Alright, well... you can resubmit, I suppose. I'm still puzzled by the suspicious change of release date, but if this is your band, you'll probably have multiple copies on hand. Please take a photograph of as many copies you have available, upload it to a site like Imgur.com, and copy+paste the generated URLs in the submission notes. Then resubmit. :)

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:08 am 

I have only one original copy and three burned copies with black/white photocopied covers at this moment (we distribute only this kind of copies freely, not original ones)...are these valid enough?
If yes, I think to resubmit with uploaded picture of these copies as soon as possible ( sorry, I'm busy...I hope to send you tonight)
If no, could you tell me a web site where I can upload our Demo for digital distribution that is acceptable for you?
I'm sorry for disturbing you. :)

Thanks

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:13 am 

I don't know if it is helpful but I post you link to watch our videoclip on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCTd46RPEr4

:)

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:16 am 

*sighs* Okay, listen. Three burned copies that were passed out on request is NOT valid physical distribution. Serious physical distribution would be having something like 50 copies and actively passing them out. And no, we don't accept digital-only demos and rough mixes. Only finished, finalised albums are accepted as digital-only releases.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:23 am 

vampiresquid666 wrote:
I am new and writing about the site for a paper. I tried to go through the submit a band process with my own band admittedly. And so it says a Balaclava(US) has been blacklisted. After reading the rules I'd assume it's a genre based decision as we have a lot of hardcore/punk influence. Also I have to answer no to question 4 because I didn't go through the submission process all the way since it warned me about this after the bandname field. But I'm curious and wondering if someone could verify my assumption for me, please.

Also wanted to add the most recent release of ours was through Southern Lord, here's a listen link on their site: http://www.southernlord.com/mp3/This_City.mp3

In case there could be a reconsideration.

Thanks for your time.

The two songs on FB sound like sludgy hardcore punk. If that's representative of the rest of your music, then it's unacceptable.

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 am 

Ok, I'm really sorry. :)
last question: are acceptable for you more than 50 BURNED copies, as I tell you in the post above, actively passed out, or are necessary original ones?

P.S. could you tell me, if it is possible, a web site to upload our full album when it will be ready?

Thanks a lot :)

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 am 

Uhm. I'm not sure what you mean by "original ones". Generally, we require hard copies to be distributed with *some* form of packaging, even if it's just a photocopied cover in a slimcase. :S

And yeah, try Bandcamp.

al ard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:21 am 

perfect, this is the answer I needed...thanks a lot. :)
For original I intend " not burned " from ourselves on empty disks but commissioned to some kind of tipography like the CD's in picture I sent you to submit.
I hope I've explained understandably. :)

Necrocosm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:32 am 

Hellz,

Sason De Rouille (from France) seems to blacklisted . Is there anything to do?

as you see below, there is a Necrocosm release for this band. Thanks for your help.

http://www.necrocosm.net/vpc/news.php

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:34 am 

Blacklisted for being industrial noisecore. So unless this is a completely different band with the same name: no, there's absolutely nothing you can do.

Vautour
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:24 pm 

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask why Ocellus were blacklisted. In my opinion, their songs are based on metal riffs, melodic death metal riffs to be more specific - although they are definitely a metalcore band. But with pretty little hardcore influence, as far as I can hear it.

You can find samples here: http://www.amazon.com/Crush-Kill-Destro ... 4&sr=301-1

Or listen to some full songs (I couldn't find their full EP in a legal stream; no idea if it maybe is on Spotify): http://www.facebook.com/ocellusballsdeep/app_2405167945

There is a physical version of their EP available ( http://ocellus.storenvy.com/products/25 ... y-diy-2010 ) and their first album for Pavement Music is going to be released next week ( http://www.amazon.com/Departure-Ocellus ... ds=Ocellus ). I didn't know if they maybe were blacklisted for lack of a physical release.

Thanks!

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:40 pm 

They were blacklisted 1.5 months ago for being too -core, so unless they've released something completely different since, chances are they're not getting accepted.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 541  Next