Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 pm 

Burnyoursins wrote:
I'm in the trades, and all I have to do is tie it back.

With you on this one, and I work with resins, and has caused me no drama (well, I've only had resin in my hair once...). Been that way for over twenty years now :-D

My collection

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:39 am 

You guys need 10 mins to comb your long hair in the morning? o_O For me it's maybe 30 seconds, what the hell are you doing Burnyoursins? Do you, like, headbang for two hours every day before going to bed?

Also, long hair looks fabulous! That's the only reason I need.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:54 am 

If it takes you 10 minutes to comb your hair, you probably have a hair type that shouldn't be combed in the first place (i.e. wavy or curly).

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:19 pm 

I swear my hair was less annoying when it was long; now it's short my fringe just gets in my way all the time. :/

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:04 pm 

argh .. my worthless hair. Enjoy your verdant scalps, you lucky bastards, because I got the hereditary short end and have to cut it off all the time. And burnyoursins, if you DO headbang for two hours before going to bed, I salute you.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:24 pm 

I was growing my hair from 10 to 13, then the folks decided it was time to shave it off. Wore a close buzz cut up until just a little over a year ago when I decided to give long hair another shot. It's that mid range where it's too short to properly tie back, but long enough to get in your eyes that pisses me off. But fortunately hats are a thing.

last.fm

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:12 pm 

I have had long hair for about 8 years, and even to this day it is the greatest thing, ever. It's been a rough road...for the longest time I did not comb it at all, and it all ended up being matted down into dreadlocks that took 10-15 hours to take out one day. Afterwards, I would comb it once a week and it took me 30 minutes each time (because I have curly hair, similar to Erik Rutan, Jim Matheos or pre-dreadlock Chris Barnes). Even through all that, I soldiered on without ever considering the other option. These days, I've finally gotten in the habit of combing through it every day, and it's never been better, I absolutely love it. It's become such a vital part of my identity that I highly doubt I will ever willingly have it short again (even when it starts to thin out). Then again, I have heard an obscene amount of people say that, only to cut it off a few months later, :lol:.

Now I just need to trim it more often than once every two years, so I won't have to worry about the split ends. It looks kind of rough these days but I like that, for some reason.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:45 am 

I had long hair for at least 9-10 years until I cut it off in '11 or '12 at some point.

I don't miss it at all, and my hair is straight. combing that shit still sucks. and my hair is very fine, so it would break constantly... I got sick of being able to rub my hands over my carpet and roll up big balls of my hair as much as I did having to manage it on my head...

Hair is stupid. I used to be the exact same way about it, feeling it was "a part of my identity"... people were actually pressuring me for years to get it cut. One day, I just decided I wanted to get it cut off, though.

I'm no less of a "free spirit" or "slacker" or "down motherfucker", either. I mean, I cut it off because I was sick of having a hot, sweaty mass of crap on my head that was always getting matted and going in my mouth while I ate, not because I wanted to "become an adult" or something. I mean, I did it really because I was going through a tumultuous period in my life and just wanted to change something to make anything in my life feel like it was a "clean slate".

Cutting my hair off seemed like an obvious choice... the simple fact that I no longer had to deal with the PITA of having it was merely a bonus.

I was too depressed for the responsibility of long hair. I was too depressed to brush my teeth (ever), much less take showers.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:31 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
argh .. my worthless hair. Enjoy your verdant scalps, you lucky bastards, because I got the hereditary short end and have to cut it off all the time. And burnyoursins, if you DO headbang for two hours before going to bed, I salute you.

If it makes you feel any better, genetics got the best of me too. I started thinning out heavily at seventeen or eighteen. I've had to pretty much shave my head for the past twelve years, otherwise I get the infamous horseshoe head, otherwise known as "only the sides".

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:12 pm 

I interrupt this hair discussion to bring you the froliciest (that's a word) picture ever:

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:14 pm 

Are you going to light that grill with that candlestick?

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:14 pm 

Hircine, you look so much like an old acquaintance of mine that had to do a double take and check for your location. o_O He doesn't live in the UK, though, but the resemblance is uncanny.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:30 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
You guys need 10 mins to comb your long hair in the morning? o_O For me it's maybe 30 seconds, what the hell are you doing Burnyoursins? Do you, like, headbang for two hours every day before going to bed?

I take so long because I don't like to rip through it, very bad for your hair. I take pretty extreme care of my hair, honestly. *laughs* I have very thick hair, so it tends to tangle up a bit right at the bottom, and if I tear through it, I just end up tearing a shitload of hair out. Unfortunately, I do not have a two hour headbanging ritual before I go to bed.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:58 pm 

oogboog wrote:

It's actually the 'scabbard' to one of those bubble sword things. Hence the frolicking.

Quote:
Hircine, you look so much like an old acquaintance of mine that had to do a double take and check for your location. He doesn't live in the UK, though, but the resemblance is uncanny.

Metal_Detector, my old friend! It is me! Whoever you are! And whoever I am!

Wolfgong wrote:

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:07 pm 

Hircine wrote:
oogboog wrote:

It's actually the 'scabbard' to one of those bubble sword things. Hence the frolicking.

Oh. From the way you held it, it looked a lot shorter and I thought I saw a wick at the top.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:17 am 

Burnyoursins wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

I take so long because I don't like to rip through it, very bad for your hair. I take pretty extreme care of my hair, honestly. *laughs* I have very thick hair, so it tends to tangle up a bit right at the bottom, and if I tear through it, I just end up tearing a shitload of hair out. Unfortunately, I do not have a two hour headbanging ritual before I go to bed.

:wtf: Do you at least sacrifice a goat to Satan?]

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:13 am 

inhumanist wrote:
You guys need 10 mins to comb your long hair in the morning?

I haven't used a comb in thirteen years. Upside: I no longer need to buy shampoo, only soap. :)

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:30 pm 

I think this is the most ridiculous picture of me in existence.

Spoiler: show

Folk metal is pretty damn silly at times. But when you're painted blue, semi-naked, and on stage in front of a fairly big crowd, what else are you going to do but throw shapes?

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:33 pm 

That's a great picture, in fact.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:21 am 

Bezerko wrote:
:wtf: Do you at least sacrifice a goat to Satan?]

Twice, motherfucker. And then I drink a bottle of red wine. And then I go to bed.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:00 am 

You have achieved the bare minimum to attain the status of metalhead - don't get cocky!

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:17 pm 

I have hair of reasonable length these days.
My hair is quite thick and straight. I dont have to comb it that regularly on most days i dont comb at all. I found that combing a bit after a shower prevents it from getting tangled up. As my hair gets greasy quite fast it doesn't really get tangled up fast the days after i wash my hair. Unless ofcourse i headbang like mad and sleep on a shitty mattress.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:44 pm 

Here's one from Saturday night at my friend's daughter's 2year birthday party. Looking mysterious and stupid.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 am 

Burnyoursins wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

It honestly doesn't take long if it's straight... you just got to start from the bottom and work up.
My mom taught me that. :hail:

[EDIT: I mean the VERY bottom, like the tips of your hair strands... and work up. Most of the bad tangles are at the bottom anyway, and it's easy to brush through it quickly once you get through the bottom portion]

Even still, it takes enough time that I got tired of doing it daily. Let it go just one day and it's all fucking tangled again.

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 am 

two pics from today in front of my webcam :-P

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:12 pm 

Recent records haul:
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum
Fairport Convention - S/T
Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief
Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Marching Out
Bronz - Taken by Storm
Saxon - Strong Arm Metal
Black Oak Arkansas - Raunch 'N' Roll Live
Van Halen - S/T
Foreigner - S/T
Blue Öyster Cult - On Your Feet or on Your Knees
Alias - S/T
Thin Lizzy - Johnny the Fox
Captain Beyond - S/T
Saint Vitus - Hallow's Victim
Tattoo - Blood Red
Girlschool - Play Dirty

Not listed: Gastunk - Dead Song...because I guess I forgot to put it in there.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:16 pm 

grauer_mausling wrote:

Thanks for making us all feel ugly in comparison, Russell Crowe!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:18 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
grauer_mausling wrote:

Indeed. Grauer should be a model or something. He certainly has the looks to qualify.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:48 pm 

As a stout heterosexual male, I have to admit that he's quite dreamy...

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:31 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
It honestly doesn't take long if it's straight... you just got to start from the bottom and work up.
My mom taught me that. :hail:

[EDIT: I mean the VERY bottom, like the tips of your hair strands... and work up. Most of the bad tangles are at the bottom anyway, and it's easy to brush through it quickly once you get through the bottom portion]

Even still, it takes enough time that I got tired of doing it daily. Let it go just one day and it's all fucking tangled again.

I know that technique well, and I was over-exaggerating a bit when I said 10 minutes each day, haha. But it does really depend on the type of hair you have. Mine is very thick, and dry, so once I get through the bottom tangles and head up top, a few more'll form. Regardless, none of this is complaining, if it takes you guys very little time to take a comb through your hair, great.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:14 am 

I don't really brush my hair. I just deal with the fact that it will always be tangled.

dragmire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 am 

One of the opening bands snapped this photo before the Goatwhore/3 Inches of Blood/Revocation/Ramming Speed show last week. I'm the one in the Psycroptic shirt. There were more people by the time Goatwhore came on but it was still a pretty pathetic turnout.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:53 am 

You're easily the coolest looking dude in that crowd, except if we count epic beard guy, but he's wearing a LoG shirt.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 am 

i like how everybody is all.
ARMS CROSSED AND SRS.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:51 pm 

Fat Testament shirt guy seems like I could play board games with him.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:52 pm 

Fat Testament Shirt Guy looks like what would happen if you crossed TheGrimWombat with Empyreal.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:58 pm 

Dude behind him and to the right.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:03 pm 

Against Such Things wrote:
Dude behind him and to the right.

Looks like one of my friends. Just as tall, too.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:00 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Fat Testament Shirt Guy looks like what would happen if you crossed TheGrimWombat with Empyreal.

Ugly baby.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:31 am 

MikeyC wrote:
grauer_mausling wrote:

He's being humble, I mean he's not posting the pictures where he's swimming in girls.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 174  Next