Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:16 am 

I missed the third period due to prior obligations, but I see we won it. This is super exciting, we've already gone a third of the season without a regulation loss, that's completely unheard of (yeah yeah shortened season making it sound cooler than it is, but even by raw numbers we have the best start in NHL history).
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:31 pm 

Number 1 in the East woooo! We destroyed the poor Rangers tonight (I wonder where Richards and Gaborik where? They were probably already thinking about the nice strip clubs we have here). We're playing Ottawa monday and they're only 2 points behind us, we need that win!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:20 am 

BastardHead wrote:
I missed the third period due to prior obligations, but I see we won it. This is super exciting, we've already gone a third of the season without a regulation loss, that's completely unheard of (yeah yeah shortened season making it sound cooler than it is, but even by raw numbers we have the best start in NHL history).

Crazy to think that the season is nearly halfway over...

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 am 

Rousey just beat Carmouche in probably the tightest fight she's ever been in. Carmouche got a standing rear naked in the first couple minutes of the first round that almost put Rousey out. Rousey shook out of it, got an armbar in, and Carmouche tapped with I think 7 seconds left in the round.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 am 

Yeah that main was a fun short fight. More than I can say for Henderson Vs. Machida.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 am 

Rousey and Carmouche was the only fight I saw since I forgot the show was on until I saw a Heyman Hussle post about it right as Rousey was entering the octagon. Was Henderson and Machida shit or something?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 pm 

They did nothing. They were booed out of the building. Henderson would act like he was gonna strike and then stop then machida would do the same thing.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6576 ... l:topheads

Fine system, but that's totally not considering the possible troubles of teams like Phoenix or the addition of teams in Québec and Ontario...

My hypothesis: The Coyotes are removed from the league (the concession is over, not a relocation, I heard rumours of something like that) and the league adds a team in Seattle or Kansas City and 2 teams in the east (some teams are moving back in the west and bla bla for a 32 teams league and 4 8 teams division.)

Thoughts?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 pm 

It's shit it's awful I fucking hate it yak yak yak I wish they'd knock this shit off already and quit fucking with something that isn't broken. Unbalanced conferences/divisions are fucking retarded and I don't know a single person who disagrees. Really, this honestly makes me angry because the whole Atlanta moving to Winnipeg thing is so fucking easy to fix and yet they keep absolutely butchering the process.

Winnipeg - Northwest
Minnesota - Central
Nashville - Southeast

PUT ME IN COACH I'M READY!
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm 

Winnipeg's situation will be fixed next year for sure. While we're here, I'd like a change for the divisions and I'll fucking accept this system if it means that Québec will get a new team ;)

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm 

Why? Why do you want a change in the divisions? Give me one good reason that this plan makes sense. Unless they plan on adding two teams on the same year that the realignment takes place AND they don't completely butcher the playoff picture like they'd mentioned in the past (I only got halfway through that article before my blood pressure got so uncontrollable that I began leaking from the ears), then this shit can fuck itself with dynamite.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:47 pm 

15 years ago, Marcelo Rios reached the #1 in the ATP. The guy was pure talent!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:23 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Winnipeg's situation will be fixed next year for sure. While we're here, I'd like a change for the divisions and I'll fucking accept this system if it means that Québec will get a new team ;)

Oh hell yeah! Les Nordiques renaissent! Seeing as their best players are Quebecois, it makes sense to move the Lightning up north...

While I'm dreaming, here's how I'd fiddle around withe NHL. And I accept that much of this is impossible, but fun to think about:
1. Drop Columbus, Florida, Carolina and Anaheim since nobody likes them.
2. Tampa >> Quebec, Phoenix >> Vancouver ( yes, they have the rinks and fans to support two teams)
3. Promote Milwaukee and Chicago from the AHL. These both play in NHL size arenas, and the Wolves have already proven they can compete for fans with the Blackhawks. Actually outdrew them in 03/04

4. This leaves 28 teams, four divisions of seven teams each. Welcoms back divisional playoffs!!
A) Kings, Sharks, Canucks, Oilers, Flames, Avs, Blazers (new Van team)
B) Stars, Blues, Jets, Wild, two Chi teams, Milwaukee
C) Wings, Leafs, Sens, Habs, Nords, Bruins, Sabres
D) Preds, Penguins, Flyers, Caps, Devils, Isles, Rangers

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:31 pm 

Quoi! Tu viens de Laval? hahaha nice! PM moi si tu veux :)

I don't think dropping plans is a plan, I think an expansion is actually. Considering the 4 divisions plan, the 2 western divisions both have 7 teams compared to the 8 teams each in the East. I think Seattle and Kansas City will get teams in the near future and Québec too obviously, probably Toronto too. But I don't think Vancouver or Chicago could host a 2nd team. And no way, Anaheim would cease to exist, the team won a cup and it's one of the best in the league right now. About Tampa, yes Lecavalier and St-Louis are from Québec, but they're both getting pretty old, you don't simply move a team 'cause of its players and anyway Stamkos is the face of the franchise right now, the dude is amazing.

Check my comment ahead, I think it's a bit more realistic. I'll make my playoffs predictions soon too!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:48 pm 

Hey, the old Nordiques were tops in the league, but Colorado still stole them :( Anaheim's halfass hockey fans won't let them coast by on '07 for ever. That's not a stable market. Chicago supports 2 big league baseball teams...

PS. I'm in Ottawa not Laval. So I haven't forgotten Anaheim's Stanley Cup - they beat my team!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:42 am 

Keywords: baseball and America

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 pm 

(posted this on Facebook before the games, so hush)

Prayoff Predickshuns

Alrighty, it's that time again, and this time I missed a good chunk of the season in boot camp, so I'm partially out of the loop! So if these predictions seem way off, call it a mix of the lockout and the time I missed. Also bite me.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1) Chicago Blackhawks V (8) Minnesota Wild
Do you really expect me to go against the President's Trophy winners? Well... kinda, yeah. President's winners haven't been faring too well this past decade, with something crazy like two of them making the Finals in the past decade, with only the 08 Wings actually winning the Cup. Plus I have this nagging feeling that Chicago's incredible game is going to slow down eventually. You don't stay that good for this long. Buuuuut with all that said, Minnesota has some amazingly talented players, but Chicago has more. Backstrom is a fantastic goalie but Crawford has surprised the crap out of me all season, and the Wild's D consists of Ryan Suter and apparently nobody else, whereas Chicago has been surprisingly stacked all year. That depth that won them the 2010 Cup is back in full force, and it just contains too much firepower and stonewall PK for the Wild to overcome. I can see them stealing an early game, but not more than one.
CHICAGO IN FIVE

(2) Anaheim Ducks V (7) Detroit Red Wings
Anaheim is a tough, gritty, nasty team with a lot of firepower, while Detroit is an old guard, stoic, experienced group of veterans. They lost some huge components of their game with Lidstrom and Holmstrom in the offseason, but on the whole they're still great like always, and Howard has been on fire leading into the playoffs. This series will be a tough grind, but Anaheim should have it in the bag if they're able to get back to their regular form quick enough. Therein lies their issue, they had an unimpressive late half of the season and Bobby Ryan has been slumping at the worst possible time. If they can bounce back, they can take it, but for now I'm going to have to say that momentum is just not on their side, and there's almost no team in the NHL more comfortable in the playoffs than the Detroit Red Wings. In a perfect world, the Wings would be the second worst team in the league behind the Blues (and only a tad better than the Flyers), but as it stands they're still among the best, even if they're a lower seed than they're used to.
DETROIT IN SEVEN

(3) Vancouver Canucks V (6) San Jose Sharks
True story, my sleeper pick for the Cup before the season started was San Jose, mainly because I figured that they wouldn't have time to start sucking like they normally do with the shortened season. Lo and behold, they found a way to start dipping their hot start into the cooler early. Go figure. But with that said, Vancouver certainly does not have a good playoff record over the last few years. They consistently qualify and win the Northwest simply because they're in the AFC West of hockey. Don't get me wrong, they're a talented team, but they've proven time and time again that they don't have what it takes in the postseason, often resorting to dirty trickery or just plain dirty play. Not to mention their constant goaltending woes with Luongo, and now Schneider gets the dubious honor of inheriting that wild Vancouver media spotlight while possibly not even being all the way healthy? Man there are about seven and a half billion people I'd rather be than Cory Schneider. San Jose knows how to play rough, and when it comes to grit, they'll take the Canoodles every time. Plus Antti Niemi in net? Easiest upset for me to call.
SAN JOSE IN SIX

(4) St. Louis Blues V (5) Los Angeles Kings
The defending champions had a pretty shaky start to the season, and the star power that suddenly awoke in the postseason last year doesn't seem to be as powerful this time around, but the fact that they were struggling when I left and then only lost home ice advantage due to the Blues getting an easy last game when I came back shows that I'm obviously missing something. The Blues's main strength that propelled them to the Central Division champs last year was their inhumanly good goaltending tandem, which features a now banged up Halak and a return to form Elliott. Elliott has just been streaky as hell this year, and that is the last thing you want to be in the playoffs. Quick has dropped dramatically from last year as well, but I feel like he has more in him than Elliott does at this point, and the rest of the team just ends up better as well. St. Louis is a very tough, gritty team (read: a bunch of cheap gutless fucks who take runs at defenseless star players to compensate for the fact that they have none of their own), but LA isn't intimidated by such ballyhoo, and can dish it out just as viciously. Plus they swept the season series. Unlike the Detroit matchup, I'm very pleased to say my least favorite team is probably going to get an early exit this year.
LOS ANGELES IN SIX

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(1) Pittsburgh Penguins V (8) New York Islanders
I love Tavares, I really do. I think he's easily one of the best young players and could easily be the next Jonathon Toews of the Eastern Conference. I love his style, his dedication, his attitude, and his talent. Unfortunately, he has to play an entire full team of Penguins, who have been arguably the most dominant team all year if not for Chicago's historic season. A healthy Pittsburgh squad might as well be that lawnmower decapitation wall thing from Caligula. They choked hard last year but there's no way they didn't learn from that mistake, and their defense is just superior to NYI. There is a bizarre parallel universe where Pitt's defense breaks down and the Isles outshoot them to victory, but we don't live in that universe. Easy pick for the Pens.
PITTSBURGH IN FOUR

(2) Montreal Canadiens V (7) Ottawa Senators
Ottawa has really been through a lot this year. Karlsson amazingly recovered from Matt Cooke's semi successful assassination attempt and has already proven that he's in top form as always, Michalek, Anderson, and Spezza all went out with long term injuries as well, and only Spezza has yet to return, and Anderson is having one of his good years (every three years he gets one it seems). So they've overcome a lot of adversity to make it where they are. Conversely, despite winning the Northeast, Montreal has been kind of limping into the playoffs. Carey Price has just been phenomenally wonky in the final stretch, and nobody feels very confident in him right now. With that said, the Habs most definitely have the tools at their disposal, and with two healthy teams on neutral ice with no streaks to factor in, they'd probably take this series pretty handily. But with that said, the momentum just isn't with the Habs right now, they got cold at the wrong time and I feel like that's going to bite them. The Sens surprised everybody last year by almost taking out the Rangers in the first round, but this year I think they'll pull off the upset.
OTTAWA IN SIX

(3) Washington Capitals V (6) New York Rangers
I've been riding the metaphorical dick of momentum for nearly all of these picks, and with that in mind it should be no surprise that I feel like the Caps should take this one. Ovechkin either started 'roiding or summoning some strange voodoo magic because he's right back into his 2007 form, capturing the Rocket with a stunning second half. The Rangers have Nash and Richards and King Henrik and Tortorella on the bench and all the components of a marvelous team, but so do the Capitals, and their biggest star with the most pressure on him (Ovie) will perform better than anybody on the Rangers. In the goaltending department, Lundqvist is obviously worlds better than Holtby, and with that in mind he is the weak link in Washington's armor. If the New York offense can light up early, Washington will crumble like a cookie. Personally, I don't see it happening for four games. The Rangers won't make this easy, but it's Ovechkin's time. He can't choke every year (can he? (God I hope not)).
WASHINGTON IN SIX

(4) Boston Bruins V (5) Toronto Maple Leafs
There are so many good storylines at play right here. All the hooplah with Kessel and Seguin, Boston's apparent gypsy curse over Toronto over the last few years, the fact that somebody's last name is seriously fucking Bozak and nobody laughs about that but me, there's a lot to talk about. The Bs are coming in on the brownest of brown notes, and Tuuk Nukem hasn't been himself lately (I blame the fact that he's starting to look like a mix of the One Direction guy and Cubert from Futurama), but Toronto is... well, Toronto. Kessel is a stud, Bozak (LOOOOOL) plays wonderfully, and Reimer has been a class act in dealing with all the hullabaloo and still managing to perform on a nightly basis. With that said, Boston is still obviously a great team and they have a lot of intangibles working in their favor. Chara will always be a force to be reckoned with, and defensively the team is fantastic like always. This is one of those series that I think will have to revolve around a team stepping up and breaking the chain, and for once, I think it'll happen. Boston has been systematically schooling Toronto for a decade, but they're slumping, and Toronto has a lot to prove, and Kessel alone has a lot to say to the city that dealt him away to a perennial laughingstock. Call me crazy, but I see it happening. The Blue and White is finally gonna be alright.
TORONTO IN SEVEN

AND THAT'S THAT. Fight me.

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 pm 

NHL picks time! Yay!

Alright, here are mine. First the East...

(1) Pittsburgh vs (8) New York Isles
Isles in 7
Yeah, the crazy pick! I know how Pittsburgh are supposed to steamroll everyone save for maybe Chicago, but this team does not impress me. Marc Andre Fleury is horribly overrated and their bottom 6, despite what they did tonight, do not impress me. Nor do their defense. Sure, Nabokov isn't that good but NYI have a deeper core of forwards beyond their top 6 and their defensemen are extremely underrated. They are not the pushovers that everyone thinks they are and minus Crosby, I think they can top the Pens.

(2) Montréal vs (8) Ottawa
Ottawa in 7
I'm an Ottawa fan but I have no illusions that this will be a cakewalk for the Pesky Sens; while I like Ottawa's defense and goalies more, I'm afraid that the Sens horrible shooting luck might continue through the playoffs and may doom them against the incredibly deep group of forwards the Canadiens have at their disposal. Plus, Karlsson vs Subban will be EPIC.

(3) Washington vs (6) New York Rags
New York in 6
Washington got hot near the end of the season on unsustainable shooting percentages and I have a feeling they hit a wall with King Henrik in net. Beyond Ovi, Backstrom and Brouwer, their forward corps is rather unremarkable and if Ovi isn't filling the net, Mike Green will be nothing but a giant liability on the back end.

(4) Boston vs (5) Taranna
Boston in 5
Really? The class of the East (fuck you Pittsburgh, I'll take Boston all day every day) versus a team that regularly gets outshot by a 2-1 margin and has also been riding unsustainable shooting and good goaltending? Rask is too good to let the Leafs get away with their smoke and mirrors act they've been pulling all season more than once.

And now the West!

(1) Chicago vs (8) Minnesota
Chicago in 4
Minny just can't compare to the insane depth the Blackhawks have. Once again, their 3rd line has players that could pass for 1st liners on other teams and their defense is rock solid. Crawford has had an amazing bounceback year and Emery is holding his own extremely well as well. This is a team with virtually no weakness.

(2) Anaheim vs (7) Detroit
Detroit in 6
Anaheim is another team that has been riding the percentages, masking their inability to drive play towards the other end of the ice. Sure, they managed to beat Detroit yesterday but I have no faith in them doing it more than once or twice. Detroit is still a puck possession juggernaut and it's never a smart idea to bet against Pavel Datsyuk.

(3) Vancouver vs (6) San Jose
San Jose in 7
San Jose is my sleeper pick for the West; they dumped human-shaped boat anchors in Murray, Handzus and Clowe... And all of a sudden, their forwards look more dominant than they have in years. Unlike other teams that have tried this experiment, Brent Burns makes one hell of a power forward. People are saying these teams are evenly matched but Vancouver has been bailed out by Cory Schneider for a good portion of the season and with Niemi playing like a Vezina candidate, I think SJ takes this one.

(4) St Louis vs (5) Los Angeles
St Louis in 6
If Quick was playing like last year, I'd probably go with the Kings but he has been hot garbage this year. Elliott hasn't been much better but he got hot in April and looks to have carried it over to the postseason (although to be fair, Quick looked good yesterday). The Kings are 8-0 against the Blues in their last 8 games; regression is in order for the Blues and I think they take out the reigning champs. Their defense is miles better than LA's with Mitchell and Greene out and St Louis essentially has three second lines that are all so stupidly good defensively that scoring against them is an exercise in futility.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 pm 

How and why are so many people picking the Isles? I seriously don't understand this. I've made the bet that if the Islanders win that series, I'll redo all of Illud Divinum Insanus a capella.

YOU'RE ALL TAKING CRAZY PILLS

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:34 pm 

Lol whoever are picking the Islanders are out of their minds. the Pens destroyed them tonight.

PIT/NYI: PIT in 4
Yeah, no, They destroyed the Isles and Crosby will soon join the team. Tavares will be a MVP sooner or later but he can't do everything alone.
MTL/OTT: MTL in 6
Anderson will win 1 game by himself but the lack of offense of the Sens will be quite obvious, Karlsson is a great offensive defenseman but Montréal's d line is way more solid. Price needs to play his best hockey of the season and yes, we have young players but we have good veterans and team guys to support them. It will be a nice series.
NYR/WAS: NYR in 6
This will be a very offensive series, the Rangers found themselves after Gaborik's departure and Hank can be a god when he wants too, he
can definitely stop Ovie
BOS/TOR: BOS in 6
Toronto has the better offense but they have no D and their goalies are young and inexperienced. Boston has a tight system and they proved it
tonight with a 4-1 win. Hopefully the Bruins will be tired at the end of the series so we can destroy them!

CHI/MIN: CHI in 6
The Wild is a tough opponent, it's gonna be tight games but the Hawks have an awesome team and they'll navigate their way easily through the
west to go to the finals.
I'm a bit too busy to continue, but oh hey!
ANA/DET: ANA in 6
SJ/VAN: Vancouver in 7
LA/STL: STL in 6

Demi Finals: PIT/NYR, MTL/BOS, CHI/STL, ANA/VAN
Conference Finals: MTL/NYR (YEP, FUCK THE PENS), CHI/ANA (Yeah, I know, it's obvious)
Battle for the cup: MTL/CHI FUCK YES! Let's get crazy already, BastardHead! We'll e-fistfight!

Ok, I'm a bit biased, but Go Habs Go!

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Lol whoever are picking the Islanders are out of their minds. the Pens destroyed them tonight.

One bad night does not a series make. With Nabokov out, maybe Poulin will miraculously come up Holtby-style. Also, don't underestimate Moulson, Okposo and Nielsen. They have a deceptively good forward corps. And the big x-factor is Fleury; he was good tonight, I'll give him that much. I still wouldn't bet on him.

Montreal won't get past Ottawa, sorry! Alfie will lead the way and you'll learn to fear Alfie 2.0 (Silfverberg!) :P

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:07 am 

Alfie is 40 years old, he's not an impact player anymore. Perhaps the Isles have a decent offensive, but that's nowhere near Pittsburgh, they have Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Morrow, Dupuis, Neal (he scored 40 goals last year), Dupuis, Kunitz and add Letang too. The Pens are gonna be stopped by Lundqvist and the Rangers, not by the young Isles.

Even if Fleury is weak and he gives 4 goals, the Pens are gonna score 6.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:51 am 

Bloody terrible game from the Leafs tonight. (Among numerous other things...) they really need to work on that gaping hole between forwards and defencemen. Reimer can't stop everything.

Bede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:46 am 

Yeah, Toronto was abysmally bad.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:04 am 

As much as I loved the Bruins' win last night, I am not convinced they can play like that consistently. I hope they prove me wrong.

Tonight's games should be good. Go Rangers, and go Habs!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:08 am 

I called the Pens and they refused to give us Matt Cooke! Oh well Karlsson can be stopped, hopefully we'll not take stupid penalties.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:35 pm 

+1 to everyone picking the Isles! Sure, they got slapped yesterday but the home team winning Game 1 can be credited to adrenaline, not always a predictor of a whole series. Pittsburgh has another big-ass flop left in them.

For the East, I'm taking CAPS, LEAFS, SENS, ISLES.
Washington based on their ease of beating everyone except Ottawa for like a month now.
Boston's first win feels like an abnormality - those guys weren't the Leafs! Soon as they become a difficult opponent again, Boston will crap their pants.
Sens, just... because. Daniel Alfredsson or GTFO

For the West. Crud. I'd bet on Minne at the start of the season, but they're done.
HAWKS, DUCKS ( the Detroit era is over, they are old and gimped their asses into the playoffs), SHARKS ( sorry Vancouver, but you're a circus), BLUES ( the shines worn off the defending Cup champs).

This sets up Caps-Isles, Battle of Ontario >> Sens beat Caps like usual this year to win the East.
In the West, Hawks-Sharks, Ducks-Blues >> St.Louis stuns Chicago in the Conference final

Desperately dull Stanley Cup final between Ottawa and St.Louis, until Brian Elliott picks the perfect time spring a leak (as he does up and down). Senators feast, and win it all!!!!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:55 pm 

Seriously, I want to ban everybody picking the Isles. Seriously, you guys shouldn't have access to a computer if that is what goes on in your heads.

Also, scary, scary scene with Eller. Really hope he's alright. I don't like the Habs at all but I do like Eller quite a bit.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:09 pm 

Fuck that was dirty. Hope Eller ends up alright, and with no lasting effects from that.

Here's another dirty hit from recently. Not a drop of blood on the ice, thankfully.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:15 pm 

I'm surprised the OTT/MTL is that good, the 2nd game was quite cool and hopefully we could still win that in 6. Price played well yesterday.

Can't wait for game 4, Erik Gryba will receive a correction!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:35 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

Can't wait for game 4, Erik Gryba will receive a correction!

I so badly want to see this! I want to see Montreal's only *tough guy*, the undeservedly feared Brandon Prust, try to exact revenge. That said, I salute whoever was on the ice at the time for trying to jump Gryba.

And i do like Eller and hope he'll fully recover.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:59 pm 

Well, this Leaf game is more like it. Certainly more offensive intensity from the bold blue & white. Let's score a few goals in the 2nd, boys!

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:59 pm 

Boom. Victorious. GO LEAFS GO

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:58 am 

Go Bulls! Go Blackhawks! That Bulls series was pretty awesome.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:35 pm 

Check out this sweet goal by James van Riemsdyk. Scored it last night.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:05 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Go Bulls! Go Blackhawks! That Bulls series was pretty awesome.

Part of me wanted us to lose simply because I don't want to get steamrolled by the Heat. Everybody knew they were going to take the East, that's no surprise.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:14 pm 

naw, we're gonna beat the Heat because Lebron James sucks! I was actually at that triple overtime game, got tickets at the last minute right next to the Bulls bench. Got Nate, Jimmy, and Marco's autograph on my hat before the game, it was badass :)

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 pm 

I'm not watching the Sens/Habs game right now, but something tells me I should be. Look at the fucking penalties:

7:04 Ottawa fighting - 5 min J. Cowen drawn by R. White
7:04 Montreal fighting - 5 min R. White drawn by J. Cowen
7:04 Montreal fighting - 5 min F. Bouillon drawn by Z. Smith
7:04 Ottawa fighting - 5 min Z. Smith drawn by F. Bouillon
7:04 Ottawa fighting - 5 min C. Neil drawn by T. Moen
7:04 Montreal fighting - 5 min T. Moen drawn by C. Neil
7:04 Ottawa fighting - 5 min C. Phillips drawn by J. Tinordi
7:04 Montreal fighting - 5 min J. Tinordi drawn by C. Phillips
7:04 Ottawa fighting - 5 min M. Kassian drawn by C. Armstrong
7:04 Montreal fighting - 5 min C. Armstrong drawn by M. Kassian
7:04 Montreal head butting - 10 min F. Bouillon
7:04 Montreal slashing - 2 min R. White drawn by Z. Smith served by M. Ryder
7:04 Montreal spearing - 5 min R. White
7:04 Montreal head butting - 10 min T. Moen
7:04 Ottawa head butting - 10 min C. Neil
7:04 Ottawa head butting - 10 min Z. Smith
7:04 Ottawa spearing - 5 min J. Cowen
7:04 Ottawa head butting - 10 min C. Phillips
7:04 Montreal head butting - 10 min C. Armstrong
7:04 Montreal head butting - 10 min J. Tinordi
8:31 Montreal roughing - 2 min R. Bourque drawn by C. Conacher
8:31 Ottawa roughing - 2 min C. Conacher drawn by R. Bourque
8:31 Montreal instigator - 2 min P. Subban drawn by K. Turris
8:31 Ottawa fighting - 5 min K. Turris drawn by P. Subban
8:31 Montreal fighting - 5 min P. Subban
8:31 Montreal head butting - 10 min P. Subban
8:43 Montreal roughing - 2 min B. Prust drawn by J. Silfverberg
10:31 Ottawa cross checking - 2 min J. Pageau drawn by T. Plekanec
10:31 Montreal cross checking - 2 min T. Plekanec drawn by J. Pageau

And the benches
Linked because the picture is gigantic

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 pm 

Jesus... Is that all revenge for hitting Eller, or did it just start that way?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:02 pm 

Not sure, I've been talking to Leviathan IX (who is watching the game) and he says it's all Therrian's fault, so I assume it'd be retaliation, but he's also a Sens fan so I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Can't wait to hear Metantoine come in here and try to blame it all on the Senators :D

I hate the Habs so much.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 136  Next