Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:59 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
You guys are becoming too invested in these jokes.

OzzyApu wrote:
Talk about a poor investment. Yeah, bringing blabbermouth jokes to MA.

Already did the invested pun on page 10! :)
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:01 am 

not sure that's something you really want to boast about, ozzy.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:34 am 

Someone had to introduce the bombs, and I felt like a suitable candidate.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am 

Hey, you guys hate the album right? Tell Geoff why!
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=189267

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:44 pm 

Why Geoff, why...why....

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:05 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: This thread just keeps getting better and better man.

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:18 pm 

So, you despise my face and loathe my shit and would rather forget I even exist? I hear you!

Here's an opportunity to waste more time, make more efforts and bring more shame to yourself than you'd probably be willing to accept even for a chance to meet your all-time favorite artist. The reward? You get to see my vest and feel my spit IN REAL LIFE!

If I was less of a lazy cunt, had readily available tools, and actively hated Geoff Tate and his faux-band... I might crap out a listenable demo version of that "Geoff Tate can can can... suck my dick dick dick" hit that's been floating in the back of my mind since I read this article, and then post it on YouTube.

It still wouldn't feature my real face and most definitely not my real face guest-starring my actual ID spelling out my real full name for all of the Internetz to mock, though.

:wanker:

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:29 pm 

Is this for real? :lol:

Living in Seattle, I'm tempted to go to where he's at right now and give my rant in person.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:31 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
Hey, you guys hate the album right? Tell Geoff why!
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=189267

I..... I..... I can't tell whether this is a joke or not. I seriously can't.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:55 pm 

While I think he's been a complete ass for at least (I'm not a great expert, but probably far longer than that) the last year, this does show some balls from him, even if it is quite funny. Well, at least it shows that he sometimes might have doubts whether he is actually God himself, like he sometimes appears to believe.

Riffs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:29 pm 

This has the potential to backfire and go viral into some kind of weird meme. Nothing prevents loads of people from invading Youtube (under fake names or not) for all eternity ripping into this nutjob and his music.

I'm also starting to think Geoff Tate is doing so many insane moves that he has the potential to cross over as a "disaster celebrity". You know people like Lindsay Lohan whom nobody would give a shit about and most people end up knowing about her not because of what she used to do but the numerous fuck ups. It just becomes a circus and that's what their entire celebrity becomes about.

What's really sad is that he is bringing down the name Queensryche with him, dragging it in the mud. I've met three people so far who were about to buy tickets to his Montreal gig without knowing the actual Queensryche situation and the split between two bands each carrying the brand. It's not really helping the other Queensryche and is further diluting what this band used to stand for. Not that they had done much in the last two decades anyway except shit.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:33 pm 

TheLiberation wrote:
While I think he's been a complete ass for at least (I'm not a great expert, but probably far longer than that) the last year, this does show some balls from him, even if it is quite funny. Well, at least it shows that he sometimes might have doubts whether he is actually God himself, like he sometimes appears to believe.

Nah, he just wants people listening the album, no matter what. Think about it, people will give him pretty good statistics for the album even if they actually hate it. He can claim then that the band is relevant and his music is kinda.successful. Its like the Rebecca Black effect, people hating the music will make him to earn an apeshit of money. Even for trial purposes he can claim he draws more attention than toddsryche leading to the argument of being more recognized as queensryche than the real one.

I wont listen that crap even if Tate himself put on his kneels begging to do so.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:05 am 

Disturbed bass player filling in for Rudy in Tatesryche. This band is like the (drama) gift that keeps on giving.

http://www.queensryche.com/2013/04/29/john-moyer-of-disturbed-standing-in-for-rudy-sarzo-for-5-dates/
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 am 

ENKC wrote:
Disturbed bass player filling in for Rudy in Tatesryche. This band is like the (drama) gift that keeps on giving.

http://www.queensryche.com/2013/04/29/john-moyer-of-disturbed-standing-in-for-rudy-sarzo-for-5-dates/

Geoff Tate makes it really hard to like him, doesn't he?
Hope Rudy Sarzo quits permanently.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:09 am 

Kveldulfr wrote:
TheLiberation wrote:

Nah, he just wants people listening the album, no matter what. Think about it, people will give him pretty good statistics for the album even if they actually hate it. He can claim then that the band is relevant and his music is kinda.successful. Its like the Rebecca Black effect, people hating the music will make him to earn an apeshit of money. Even for trial purposes he can claim he draws more attention than toddsryche leading to the argument of being more recognized as queensryche than the real one.

I wont listen that crap even if Tate himself put on his kneels begging to do so.

Well, you may have a point there, and it probably is calculated somehow, though I still kind of like how it's a bit out of the line of his recent usual "I'M THE ALMIGHTY GEOFF "ALMIGHTY" TATE, AND THE REST OF THE BAND SHOULDN'T EVEN EXIST" behaviour...

We'll see what comes out of this, this definitely has potential to be watched with popcorn. :lol:

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:03 pm 

That assumes there will be a huge outpouring of rants. So far there have been like five.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:13 pm 

Album cover for Toddryche's self-titled album.

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=189324

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:19 pm 

Fucking horrible, awful artwork.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:38 pm 

Nah, it's just generic. A little more reserved than Tateryche's literal giant "FU", wouldn't you say?
Hehe, foreskins.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:44 pm 

Looks a bit grim, which is good. Not the best, just like a statement that toddryche are Queensryche.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 pm 

It's not terrible but could use a bit more originality. It's probably going to look much cooler on the actual CD booklet than on screen, though.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:11 pm 

It's actually pretty decent. They always do stuff like this anyway, with the symbol as the main focus. Looks fairly OK, though not really that original or anything of course.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:37 pm 

I think titling the album something like Rising West would have been a nice little nod to how this lineup came together, also taking into account the eponymous debut EP is a standalone release rather than a demo with the songs later rerecorded. Still, after Tate decided to be try-hard and "edgy" and attempting to parlay it into some pseudo-celebrity as mentioned ("F.U. too, Geoff!" ...Get it?) taking the more conventional route here works to their advantage.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:28 pm 

That's some awful artwork. I can appreciate the "hey guys, we're the real Queensryche" sentiment behind the title, but their EP is a classic. This is just going to make things annoying in my music library. Tagging that without it trying to put both releases into one will be a bitch.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 pm 

And to add more wood to the fire, Todd gives his thoughts on Tate's antics.

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=189348

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 pm 

Quote:
Contrary to what this "singer" believes, Geoff Tate's Queensryche is not a revolving door of hired guns. It's an "all star" band. Have there been changes in the line-up? Yes. But the reason should be patently obvious:

The genius of Geoff Tate refuses to be constrained by fake boundaries.

His genius ebbs and flows each and every night as this, the true members of Queensryche, play the band's most cherished album in its entirety. It's the reason no new tracks from Frequency Unknown have been added to the set list -- those songs are simply too brilliant, too intricate, to be successfully played live.

I'm pretty sure this guy is trolling, but it's still great. Especially the sentence I put in bold. :lol:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:11 pm 

The Frequency Unknown songs being complex and intricate is a laugh, dunno if you guys heard it yet, but it's basically really heavy radio rock. Nothing at all complex, let alone metal about it.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 pm 

Oh wow, it's finally here. :lol:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Qu ... own/375132

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:

I figured it wasn't metal enough to show up here. The album sucks, and the re-records should be crimes. Though I'll admit, Cold is decent, and some bits and pieces of the album are good.

As for the Toddryche cover, I like it. Something about it, IDK what, makes me really like it.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:40 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:

I can already hear the review train pulling out of the station...

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:14 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
I think titling the album something like Rising West would have been a nice little nod to how this lineup came together, also taking into account the eponymous debut EP is a standalone release rather than a demo with the songs later rerecorded. Still, after Tate decided to be try-hard and "edgy" and attempting to parlay it into some pseudo-celebrity as mentioned ("F.U. too, Geoff!" ...Get it?) taking the more conventional route here works to their advantage.

I'll definitely second this. I can certainly respect the idea of this being a self-titled album as a statement but that name is already reserved for the EP and Rising West would've made a great album title.

OzzyApu wrote:

"Heavy/Power Metal?" Really, guys? :lol:

SleightOfVickonomy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:07 am 

I like the fact that it is s/t. The band did after all start off on a high note with a s/t release and this being the first with Todd, it is a new chapter and why not begin it with nought but a name that should tell us everything we need as was the EP.

Really looking forward to the songs and I'm glad Michael and Scott look top the period from the EP to "Promised Land" as the best of Queensryche and from where to draw.

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:48 am 

Well, yeah, the EP was also self-titled, but seriously, how many people actually call it anything besides "the EP"?

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:14 pm 

You know, with all of the crap that Tate's been pulling during the last few months, I have started to wonder; how will people react when he finally bites the dust? Because, considering current and past events, I can't picture anything but an awkward groan.

I'm not trying to be mean-spirited or anything. It's just that I think it's fascinating how this guy doesn't seem to be able to realize how much people hate his guts right now.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:33 pm 

ENKC wrote:
That's some awful artwork. I can appreciate the "hey guys, we're the real Queensryche" sentiment behind the title, but their EP is a classic. This is just going to make things annoying in my music library. Tagging that without it trying to put both releases into one will be a bitch.

This is what I'd do with the folders (and most probably will):

Queensryche - 1983 - Queensryche (EP)
Queensryche - 2013 - Queensryche

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:54 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
ENKC wrote:

Yeah that's what I do, with brackets around the date like Queensryche - [1982] - Queensryche (EP)

The self-titled isn't a problem for me, though I wish the album art had a little more to it.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 pm 

Guys you think that's bad? Try being a fan of Killing Joke who have two self-titled full-lengths.

Or how about The Bronx, who have FOUR self-titled albums.

Or one of those super-pretentious bedroom black metal acts who refuse to name anything ever.

Point is, this isn't a new thing. Besides, I don't think they're trying to refer back to the EP; it feels more like a "Queensryche, plain and simple" sort of message, given the rather bland artwork. It may not be the most creative or adventurous thing they could've gone for, but at least it puts them on the high ground compared to FU.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:25 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
ENKC wrote:

Folder names I can work around. It's what happens in Winamp or Windows Media Player that will be frustrating. I already have the EP down as simply "Queensryche" (with umlaut) and it would feel a bit silly to retroactively tag it something like "Queensryche EP" because of the new album.

I'm very much a nerd about these things.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:27 am 

OzzyApu wrote:

Seriously, it takes one look at the "guest/session" and "other staff" sections to realise that this thing is a one damn big Lego construction. Why the fuck can't he just release this as Geoff Tate and move on, as this is a Geoff Tate album?

Xlxlx wrote:
I'm not trying to be mean-spirited or anything. It's just that I think it's fascinating how this guy doesn't seem to be able to realize how much people hate his guts right now.

From what I've seen, the weird thing is that as much as lots of people hate him (or find him incredibly hilarious, e.g. me), he seems to have his club of fanboys who are borderline fanatical. Especially reading the comments section under the interview with Todd made me realise that.

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:51 am 

TheLiberation wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

Seriously, it takes one look at the "guest/session" and "other staff" sections to realise that this thing is a one damn big Lego construction. Why the fuck can't he just release this as Geoff Tate and move on, as this is a Geoff Tate album?

Xlxlx wrote:

From what I've seen, the weird thing is that as much as lots of people hate him (or find him incredibly hilarious, e.g. me), he seems to have his club of fanboys who are borderline fanatical. Especially reading the comments section under the interview with Todd made me realise that.

It's odd, but he really does. People who will troll all over the internet in the name of Tate. They're most notorious on Amazon and Blabbermouth, going around downvoting every negative comment and making fake five-star reviews to boost FU's score.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next