Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:25 pm 

UnholyBlasphemerAgainstGod wrote:
I'm looking for black metal with a creepy, horrifying atmosphere. Kind of like Dodsengel's mirium occultum. I don't mean like that crap, The Axis of Perdition. TAOP just sounds like noises to me, it's so boring, I actually fell asleep to it once. No, I'm looking for musical black metal.

Black Altar is Horror Black Metal.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:50 pm 

There's no such thing as "horror black metal".

ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:57 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
There's no such thing as "horror black metal".

Well it was defined as that on the labels website @ propaganda666.com

FaultyClockwork
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:09 pm 

Panflute wrote:
I've been into French BM for a long time, but mostly stuff from this millennium, such as Peste Noire, Mortifera, Sühnopfer, Autarcie, etc. For some reason I never got into the LLN until now. Though I am definitely not going to try and collect everything (as I am not a millionaire), I was wondering what you guys would say are the most essential releases of LLN? I already ordered the first three Mütiilation albums (Vampires...; Remains...; Black Millenium). So what other essentials should I be looking out for?

You'll want to hear works by Belkètre, Vlad Tepes and Torgeist definitely. Vlad Tepes did splits with Belkètre and Torgeist so if you can some how track down March to the Black Holocaust and Black Legions Metal you'd be pretty golden.

Other than that Black Murder and Brenoritvrezorkre are worth listens. Seviss' Et pleure le bâtard... is good, too. Finally if you want some guitar based dark ambient noodling there's Aäkon Këëtrëh's Dans la forêt....

I'd focus on finding stuff by Belkètre and Vlad Tepes, as I feel they're the best two LLN projects besides Mütiilation. I checked through discogs and it seems like some of these albums got bootlegged rereleases so you might be able to nab some of this affordably. Good luck.

UnholyBlasphemerAgainstGod
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:53 am 

UnholyBlasphemerAgainstGod wrote:
I'm looking for black metal with a creepy, horrifying atmosphere. Kind of like Dodsengel's mirium occultum. I don't mean like that crap, The Axis of Perdition. TAOP just sounds like noises to me, it's so boring, I actually fell asleep to it once. No, I'm looking for musical black metal.

ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:51 am 

FaultyClockwork wrote:
Panflute wrote:
I've been into French BM for a long time, but mostly stuff from this millennium, such as Peste Noire, Mortifera, Sühnopfer, Autarcie, etc. For some reason I never got into the LLN until now. Though I am definitely not going to try and collect everything (as I am not a millionaire), I was wondering what you guys would say are the most essential releases of LLN? I already ordered the first three Mütiilation albums (Vampires...; Remains...; Black Millenium). So what other essentials should I be looking out for?

You'll want to hear works by Belkètre, Vlad Tepes and Torgeist definitely. Vlad Tepes did splits with Belkètre and Torgeist so if you can some how track down March to the Black Holocaust and Black Legions Metal you'd be pretty golden.

Other than that Black Murder and Brenoritvrezorkre are worth listens. Seviss' Et pleure le bâtard... is good, too. Finally if you want some guitar based dark ambient noodling there's Aäkon Këëtrëh's Dans la forêt....

I'd focus on finding stuff by Belkètre and Vlad Tepes, as I feel they're the best two LLN projects besides Mütiilation. I checked through discogs and it seems like some of these albums got bootlegged rereleases so you might be able to nab some of this affordably. Good luck.

Aside from LLN w/e, a good band from France is Ad Hominem.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:58 am 

BeholdtheNicktopus wrote:
I'm looking for noisy, droney black metal like the following:
Aluk Todolo "Occult Rock"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow1g4xd7gTM
Trist "Hin" from Hin-Fort
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ah4cVlBR0

The longer, more repetitive, denser, more atmospheric, more droney, the better.
So not things like Drudkh or WITTR, they're not really what I'm looking for. And even Walknut is just barely on the edge.
Ambient parts are fine, but I also want the incredibly noisy blasting sound (as in Trist).

Thanks!

I assume you are familiar with Paysage D'Hiver? Check out Spectral Lore, mainly the second album 'II'.

BeholdtheNicktopus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:43 pm 

Dodsferd was alright, but not quite as dense/noisy as I was looking for.
Yes, I know Paysage D'hiver, I'll check out Spectral Lore.

Thanks.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:35 pm 

Well, if you're looking for something really noisy, this is a band you could check out - T.O.M.B
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/T.O.M.B./3540256558

I heard TOMB sometime in 2006-07, but I don't really enjoy this sub-genre on a regular basis. A bunch of my friends really dig his stuff and hence the mention.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:41 pm 

[
I'm looking for noisy, droney black metal like the following:
Aluk Todolo "Occult Rock"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow1g4xd7gTM
Trist "Hin" from Hin-Fort
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ah4cVlBR0

The longer, more repetitive, denser, more atmospheric, more droney, the better.
So not things like Drudkh or WITTR, they're not really what I'm looking for. And even Walknut is just barely on the edge.
Ambient parts are fine, but I also want the incredibly noisy blasting sound (as in Trist).

Thanks!

Maybe Reverend Keiss Hades? The constant blasting, the sound effects and atmosphere remind me somewhat of Trist's "Hin."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5v4dPP6xg0

Also check out Oaks of Bethel. All their songs are very long, always droney and steeped in dense atmosphere. It's a very low-fi project, but that just contributes to their sound even more.
http://eeerecordings.bandcamp.com/album/disembodied-i

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 pm 

STORMM wrote:
I assume you are familiar with Paysage D'Hiver? Check out Spectral Lore, mainly the second album 'II'.

Spectral Lore sounded pretty good, I'm gonna listen to some more stuff by them. As for Paysage D'hiver, I've listened to a lot of his stuff, but some of it has way to much ambient for me. I'm planning on buying a few of the CD releases, but I only want to get the ones that have more metal than ambiance... So far I have Das Tor, Winterkälte, and Kristall & Isa in my shopping cart, any others that are mostly guitar heavy that I should pick up?

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:47 pm 

Really doubt it's out there, but to ask it anyway: is there anything similiar to The Ruins of Beverast's Rain upon the Impure?

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Spectral Lore sounded pretty good, I'm gonna listen to some more stuff by them. As for Paysage D'hiver, I've listened to a lot of his stuff, but some of it has way to much ambient for me. I'm planning on buying a few of the CD releases, but I only want to get the ones that have more metal than ambiance... So far I have Das Tor, Winterkälte, and Kristall & Isa in my shopping cart, any others that are mostly guitar heavy that I should pick up?

I would say go with the self titled sick6six, its a long player and prob one of his rawest works but still excellent all the same, there is keyboards but not as much as others and it even has a violin!

BeholdtheNicktopus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:31 pm 

Reverend Keiss Hades was okay, I suppose. Maybe not hypnotic enough? I'm not sure.
Oaks of Bethel is very good, not what I thought I was looking for initially, but I'm very impressed. Thanks for that one.
TOMB isn't really my cup of tea. It sure is noisy, but not very droney.
Spectral Lore is good, but not as extremely repetitive/droney as I'd like. It change too much for what I'm looking for, you know? But still, thanks, as I like them a lot.

I should add that I like Neige & Noirceur quite a bit, for example the first track of L'Abîme Des Jours, L'Écume Des Nuits.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:47 pm 

Reverend Keiss Hades was okay, I suppose. Maybe not hypnotic enough? I'm not sure.
Oaks of Bethel is very good, not what I thought I was looking for initially, but I'm very impressed. Thanks for that one.
TOMB isn't really my cup of tea. It sure is noisy, but not very droney.
Spectral Lore is good, but not as extremely repetitive/droney as I'd like. It change too much for what I'm looking for, you know? But still, thanks, as I like them a lot.

I should add that I like Neige & Noirceur quite a bit, for example the first track of L'Abîme Des Jours, L'Écume Des Nuits.

Ok good stuff. Now two more very underground bands that might be more to you are looking for, from here in the uk. The first is Dommedagssalme try the album 'Chosen' -

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=POD3riJvL18

The second is Darkness, one album, 'As the Last Star Falls From Heaven', the drum machine is insane but it really fits the music. This release is fucking excellent with a pair of head phones, some of you other guys should give this a try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOGE0UibPWM

I hope you find these more to your liking.

Edit.sorry the first link was wrong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZhyGCu73u4

BeholdtheNicktopus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:17 pm 

Exactly what I was looking for. More like this would be amazing.
Thanks so much.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:20 pm 

Exactly what I was looking for. More like this would be amazing.
Thanks so much.

Haha, I knew I could nail this one :) I linked Alrakis by mistake so glad you enjoyed it to. I should have more in my collection. Will check later, enjoy.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:15 am 

Hey guys I just recently listened to burzum's new farewell to metal song and the simplistic guitar+bass composition of it got me to thinking of early burzum and now I'm yearning for that really simplistic minimalistic black metal with maybe just guitar/bass or guitar/bass/drums. I was wondering if you guys could rec me that style of very simple, hypnotic, sad black metal in the raw vein of early burzum?

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:35 am 

HellishHound wrote:
Hey guys I just recently listened to burzum's new farewell to metal song and the simplistic guitar+bass composition of it got me to thinking of early burzum and now I'm yearning for that really simplistic minimalistic black metal with maybe just guitar/bass or guitar/bass/drums. I was wondering if you guys could rec me that style of very simple, hypnotic, sad black metal in the raw vein of early burzum?

wigrid , krohm , i shalt become maybe

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:59 am 

HellishHound wrote:

Check out Japan's Funeral Rites as well as the excellent Zuriaake who's winter mirage ep is very similar to earlier Burzum. Abyssic Hate might be worth a listen also.

Baroque1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:13 am 

I'm looking for bands like Windir, pretty much the only Black metal band I've found that I liked so far. No religious or anti-religious lyrical themes please. Preferably something like Mythical, Viking or Sci-fi lyrics, thanks

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:54 am 

Baroque1 wrote:
I'm looking for bands like Windir, pretty much the only Black metal band I've found that I liked so far. No religious or anti-religious lyrical themes please. Preferably something like Mythical, Viking or Sci-fi lyrics, thanks

I copied this from a prev rec of mine -

Are you familiar with the other Sognametal bands? Sigtyr, Feigd, Cor Scorpii, Mistur. If not this is exactly where you want to start. All influenced by Windir and the local folk melodies as Valfar used.

Also try Galar's first album.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 am 

colin040 wrote:
Really doubt it's out there, but to ask it anyway: is there anything similiar to The Ruins of Beverast's Rain upon the Impure?

Well, it's a very diverse album. I don't think there's much anything that sounds similar in every way, but if you can point out some specific aspects that you'd like the hear in black metal, there might be a better chance of finding something.

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:13 am 

Baroque1 wrote:

I'm interested as to why you are limiting your musical spectrum on the basis of lyrical content. Why bother with what they're saying, you don't need to agree with everything you hear, I mean we all love Mayhem and Deicide such but the number of satanists on this forum i would assume is around 0.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:28 am 

Baroque1 wrote:

You should check out Kampfar, their latest album Mare is great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSKt86NA4o

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ka ... are/295484

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 am 

HellishHound wrote:

Inferi (Finland) I think this is a great example and a pretty unknown band

Morthond (USA)

Sad (Greece) Not quite as minimal as the first 2

ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:49 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
HellishHound wrote:

Inferi (Finland) I think this is a great example and a pretty unknown band

Morthond (USA)

Sad (Greece) Not quite as minimal as the first 2

I used to be interested in that band Sad, but since i saw their cover of Radiohead (some mainstream shit electro rock band) i started to ignore them, even though it was not bad at all, but i hate it when my Black Metal is not isolated from the outer world.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:02 pm 

ahmedssmb wrote:
I used to be interested in that band Sad, but since i saw their cover of Radiohead (some mainstream shit electro rock band) i started to ignore them, even though it was not bad at all, but i hate it when my Black Metal is not isolated from the outer world.

That's a pretty silly mindset to have.

ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:16 pm 

hey wrote:
ahmedssmb wrote:

I'll have to confess i am close-minded as shit, but i am comforted to that, its my nature, and at least ill not be affected by human stupidities, those who listen to "all styles of music" are disgusting.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:20 pm 

I really never noticed or cared that they did a radiohead cover, the album was excellent... I only know 1 song by radiohead anyway. I'm listening to that Inferi - Shores of Sorrow album right now after not hearing it for a couple years and it's quite good.

ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:27 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
I really never noticed or cared that they did a radiohead cover, the album was excellent... I only know 1 song by radiohead anyway. I'm listening to that Inferi - Shores of Sorrow album right now after not hearing it for a couple years and it's quite good.

Is that a Dsbm album or Raw, if Raw i'll give it a listen.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:37 pm 

ahmedssmb wrote:
Sick6Six wrote:

Is that a Dsbm album or Raw, if Raw i'll give it a listen.

Hmm somewhere in between I guess... Similarities to early Burzum, long drawn out atmospheric songs.

ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:46 pm 

@Sick6Six

Is drums and vocals clean, and is the vocals also echo-like? i don't enjoy unclear drums and echo-like vocals which are very common in Atmospheric and Dsbm bands, (The last time bands like Moon and Kargvint, Ether, Erhabenheit disappointed me), And sorry i am not on my home internet to check them out.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:02 pm 

No the vocals are quite raw/harsh and there aren't a whole lot of them. On another note is anyone familiar with Darkspace? Some of the stuff I've listened to by them sounds very intriguing... Is there 1 album that stands out the most? Preferably one with more metal than ambiance. I'm usually not a huge fan of keyboards, but some bands can use them effectively.

Bloodsun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:05 pm 

hey wrote:
ahmedssmb wrote:

That's not a silly mindset to have at all

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 pm 

ahmedssmb wrote:
I'll have to confess i am close-minded as shit, but i am comforted to that, its my nature, and at least ill not be affected by human stupidities, those who listen to "all styles of music" are disgusting.

Yes! Damn those people who listen to many kinds of music. How dare they be so... Impure!

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm 

ahmedssmb wrote:
I'll have to confess i am close-minded as shit,

No Shit.

And thanks everyone for the recs, I'll check them out tonight.

ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:41 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
ahmedssmb wrote:

Yes! Damn those people who listen to many kinds of music. How dare they be so... Impure!

Your dad is impure because i dick his ass.

Last edited by ahmedssmb on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 pm 

Hey, you're the guy who made this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97607&p=2235433#p2235433 In which you ask for more information about the sexuality of a vocalist. I quote:

HellishHound wrote: Why does it matter? Good metal comes from those both gay and straight.

You replied: i care, i like to be specific about the bands / people i choose to support and listen / appreciate to their work , i never give any worthiness to faggot artists , i am not a liberal open - minded piece of shit ! i have my own limits .

Yeah, you seem like a nice guy. Not only do you hate "faggots" but you also hate other genres of music because they are impure. I guess intolerance and bigotry play a big part in all the facets of your life.

EDIT. Wow, I just listened to that Sad track, I'm really liking this! Thanks for posting, Sick6Six.

Last edited by henkkjelle on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahmedssmb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 pm 

Thanks, total fanaticism is my light on life.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 231  Next