Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:12 pm 

I haven't touched the guitar for over a month. But this week we're piling up the cabs in our new rehearsal room.

We have one Bugera, one Marshall 1960 and three Randall cabs along with two bass cabs all along one of the walls. In front of them are the drums and monitors and speakers will be positioned on Thursday!

A fucking wall of death metal I tell you!
With that comes one Peavey 6505, a Randall RH100 and a Randall RH200!

Oh, and a new song that crushes anything we've ever done before!

mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:14 pm 

Thanks for the kind words about Paths, gents!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm 

Porman wrote:
a Randall RH100 and a Randall RH200!

these are really good. I just recently picked up an RH200. the guitarist in my doom band has an RH100.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:05 pm 

Top half of the new kit came today. Total stock of everything that was included is:

-Pearl Masters MCX rack toms (10", 12")
-Pearl Masters MCX floor toms (14", 16")
-Remo Ambassador drum heads for all toms
-Remo Emperor Clear drum heads for all toms
-Remo Pinstripe Clear drum heads for all toms
-Remo Controlled Sound Clear drum heads for a 6" tom (bringing my total current stock to 58 drum heads)
-3 pairs of Vater Virgil Donati signature Assault sticks
-2 Vater spring nuts (using them on both my main crash stands)
-3 packs of assorted cymbal felts (Gibraltar and Cannon)
-Tin of Moongel (might use it, might not)
-Remo falam slam (I'm assuming the other one will be with the kicks when they arrive next week)
-Gibraltar ratchet drum wrench
-Pearl drum key
-Virgil Donati's "Double Bass Drum Freedom" book and CD

So yeah, I think I'm pretty much set when it comes to drum gear and accessories for now. Gonna be using the toms at Sorrowseed's weekend shows, and I'm triggering the kicks this time so no need for me to worry about inconsistent sound between the top and bottom halves.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 am 

as I type now I'm working on the longest black/death metal song I've written to date, with a bit of a progressive edge to it oddly enough...still haven't found another guitarist, though. You'd think a guitar player would be one of the easiest to find out of all of the requirements for a decent black/death metal outfit, but my shit luck has allotted me not a single fucking one (at least not a consistent one).

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:49 pm 

No one wants to join because you are ugly. :)

on sometime last week I wrote and recorded 2 Draug songs for an upcoming split with Unlife.

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:21 am 

Currently organising my band's first gig. The venue want a five band line-up and are helping me get the other acts. I'm thinking in best for my band to open, as we haven't played together on stage in years, and that was a high school battle of the bands so it was a lot different, haha.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

BlashyrkhMR101
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:42 am 

Just finished up a covers split with Astaroth (US) with my 2 man band (atmospheric black/doom) called Ancient Tongues and waiting on the in progress release of an EP called Nightshade with another 2 man band (black) called Dark Light on the Wulfrune Worxxx label.

https://www.facebook.com/AncientTongues

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Light/190585074379521

If anyone is interested there are the associated Facebook links.

Unlife
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:07 pm 

I'm still interested in hearing your Elder Scrolls Black Metal, Blashyrkh.

Lately, I've been working on tracks for a split with SLK's band Draug. 2 out of the 4 songs are written and recorded so far, and the other 2 are waiting to be recorded. After that, going to release a demo I meant to release a few months ago called 'Dread,' and continue work on the album.

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 pm 

My avant-garde death metal band is basically dead. Trying to work with this other guy from another local band to get something started, looks like I'm going to be playing drums again. Man it's sad when your first band dies.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:37 pm 

SweetSilence wrote:
My avant-garde death metal band is basically dead. Trying to work with this other guy from another local band to get something started, looks like I'm going to be playing drums again. Man it's sad when your first band dies.

damn, we have to get together and start a DSBM band now

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:32 pm 

We booked our first outdoor show today. Headliner at Simon's in Providence, Rhode Island with local groups underneath.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 pm 

Had my first show with Controlled by Fear. We played at Perry, NY and I will never go there again because it is absolutely destitute. Main Street is as big as the street my house is on. Still, had a lot of fun with very few mistakes.

Recording/writing a release for Pentu. Going to be centered around Richard Ramirez. If someone wants to do a split with me please message me I'd like to do it as soon as possible.

BlashyrkhMR101
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:52 am 

Unlife wrote:
I'm still interested in hearing your Elder Scrolls Black Metal, Blashyrkh.

Thats what ancient tongues is. Or at least it will be a lyrical theme on a demo we will do at some point soon.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 am 

Tonight, I will be playing with Bongripper, Conan, and Humanfly. The backline is going to hurt me.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:55 pm 

My band's EP is off in California getting mixed and mastered. We've placed orders for business cards, wrist bands, stickers, and T-shirts. We're getting in gear for our EP release show on the 17th of May, and we're expecting a huge turn out. getting in gear for touring in the summer. 32 shows in two months.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:47 pm 

While my stoner/doom band is still struggling to find and keep people, the power metal band I joined is coming along pretty well and is starting to get our first serious demo recorded. Got our first song finished last Sunday and start recording our second tomorrow!

http://ebonmere.webs.com/

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:16 am 

Tomorrow I'll get my guitar fixed from the luthier, so I'll be able to finally resume recordings, especially to finish the damned Vahset demo.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 pm 

I've been writing some stuff for my next full length. My music style is progressing from melodic death metal to straight up death metal. I've been trying to write stuff in every subgenre of metal i can lately. I have enough black metal for an EP, I have some dark ambient/doom songs, i've got some old school death/thrash, and now I want to try my hand at writing something completely not metal at all and adding my touch to it. Like some dance music or something, but maybe with heavy guitars. Who knows. Just trying something new.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:53 pm 

infinitenexus wrote:
I've been writing some stuff for my next full length. My music style is progressing from melodic death metal to straight up death metal. I've been trying to write stuff in every subgenre of metal i can lately. I have enough black metal for an EP, I have some dark ambient/doom songs, i've got some old school death/thrash, and now I want to try my hand at writing something completely not metal at all and adding my touch to it. Like some dance music or something, but maybe with heavy guitars. Who knows. Just trying something new.

So like Sleigh Bells?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 pm 

over the week wrote and recorded all the rest of the Draug tracks that are for the Unlife split. Just need to lay down vocals. Also wrote and recorded a new Mykridia song for an upcoming split, only 2 more for that. wrote and recorded 2 Uzumaki tracks for the next full length. recorded drums for this new dsbm project... well demoed. and recorded drums for a Gurthang track going to see about doing the cover tmwr.

also been working on this mix for the upcoming Kamikaze Pilots full length. tell me what you think if you happen to check it out. keep in mind I do like my pv on the rawer side.
http://youtu.be/-eJ7A9lHQso

Filosofuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:46 pm 

I'm poorly playing bad music.

mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:03 am 

Any recommendations for good sites to promote your music on/get it noticed (aside from the obvious like MA, Facebook, Bandcamp)?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 am 

You named them all.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:04 pm 

Recorded all the bass and solos in a week, my band did. Now that my parts are done, I'm learning Elder Misanthropy by The Black Dahlia Murder to keep my rhythm chops up. The song is mediocre but it's a pretty crazy right hand workoutto do the whole thing perfect. Unless of course you cheat on the downpicking and tremolos like all the covers I saw on YouTube :)

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:00 pm 

Here she is, fully assembled for the first time here. Brand new Pearl Masters MCX kit. Gonna be using this thing on all future shows and recordings.

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:22 pm 

mike40k wrote:
Any recommendations for good sites to promote your music on/get it noticed (aside from the obvious like MA, Facebook, Bandcamp)?

You can also hit up some music blogs/review websites that you think would be interested in your style of music. If you target it to those that seem all ready inclined towards the kind of stuff you play it may help generate positive feedback and if you do a bunch of websites then chances are more people will hear about your stuff and try it out.

@Subrick I am very jealous, that looks really nice. Do you feel weird playing with your back to the windows like that? I am the kind of person that likes to sit in places where I can see who is moving around so a setup like that would bother me.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm 

Nice set, I would want more cymbals. and on a side note i need to replace at least one, the others I use that are broke are used as nice accents and splash attack so they worked out well unfortunately my huge 22in ride I use as a crash can't take it anymore. now it's a garbage can lid.

Also I think most people shit when they see how horrible my kit looks. Sounds great, just looks like it was beaten with hammers and buried in the earth.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 pm 

Any visual evidence of this horrendously beaten kit?

doktersatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 pm 

http://casualwizard.bandcamp.com/
some music I made today.

Inspired by my own frustration, loneliness and genderdysphoria. Just like all my music.

I mostly improvise and use first takes, so take no heed of the occasional mistimed strum or whatever. :) hope someone likes it.

and I too want to see how horrible and beaten up your kit looks SLK :D

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:38 pm 

Give me a second I actually have pictures that were taken this sat when I was recording.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 pm 

doktersatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:44 pm 

I've seen worse to be honest :P

It looks like a really nice room. I like chaos and cramped spaces.. Good for creativity.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:05 pm 

That's not too bad. Just really dusty and the left kick's resonant head has definitely seen better days.

Also, is that a soft drink cup in the bass drum?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 pm 

Yea it is, it held a mic steady at one point, and what you actually can't see in the picture is the numerous dings and when I first got the kit my friend picked it up and left it in his car over the weekend during the hot summer. Basically warped the fuck out of all the damn finishes.

and it is actually larger than it appears, well deeper. it is only that wide. I love it how it is but I can't wait to build my studio/shed in the backyard so I can have a bit more space and be able to get things done even quicker.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:38 pm 

If that date wasn't on the photo, it would look exactly like a death metal album tracking session from the early 90s. What company is the kit?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:21 pm 

It's a Tama. One of the midgrade ones. Swingstar I think. and that's perfect. it's the exact atmosphere I want whenever I'm coming up with some disgusting death metal or vicious grindcore.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:19 am 

Playing with the Roadburn-slaying The Cosmic Dead tonight. Should be nice and spacey.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm 

Playing my second show with Controlled by Fear with Trenchfoot. So excited to be playing this since they are playing, thought it would have been something completely different. Hopefully some more grind bands jump on.

SweetSilence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:02 am 

Writing a rap? I don't know why but I feel compelled to. It's nothing that anyone would put out now, I can't stand modern rap/hiphop barring maybe a couple artists. And I really don't even listen to rap ever. I've got one verse down and I have an idea for a beat, which I can actually make now since I learned to use FL Studio. It doesn't really have a solid theme other than me ranting about my life. I'll post it here when it's finished if you guys are interested.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 185  Next