Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:34 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:
Blow it out your asshole.

You're such a nice, well mannered guy..... :roll:

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:06 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
MARSDUDE wrote:
I think of Heaven & Hell as a separate band, with four fantastic albums.

Oh look, the only realistic way to look at it.

That's a ridiculous way to look at it. Judas Priest with Ripper is still Judas Priest, Iron Maiden with Blaze is still Maiden, and Black Sabbath with Dio is still Sabbath. How they managed to get legal rights to the name Black Sabbath after so long is a mystery. There are more non-Ozzy Sabbath albums than albums with him on them.

Heaven & Hell was Sabbath with the fuckery of the Osbournes disallowing them from using the name. Not to mention they put out an album that was a masterpiece and will almost surely be better than whatever they put out with Ozzy. Dio was an infinitely better singer than Ozzy up until the day he died. Ozzy on record today sounds like a cyborg.

I hate the Osbournes. Both of them are shit humans and will do absolutely anything for money that they surely don't need anymore. I won't deny Ozzy's importance to metal and he used to be a great musician, but he should have hung it up long ago. Sharon is a cunt and if I never saw her face or heard her name again it would be too soon.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:05 pm 

Why not better listen to Dio himself talking about it?

Sabbath is IOMMI. The rest has been in and out, but the one who has written the albums and carries the band on his shoulders is Tony.

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 pm 

Haha, that about sums it up.

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:23 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:
I think of Heaven & Hell as a separate band, with four fantastic albums.

MARSDUDE wrote:
ANationalAcrobat wrote:
That's some nice, Sharon-approved historical revisionism on your part, dude.

No, really dude. ANA's entirely right. That's what the revisionists want you to think, and it was never the case. Legal bullshit and nefarious Osbourne shenanigans are the only reasons for pretending 'Heaven & Hell' was ever anything but a Sabbath album, just like 'The Devil You Know' and everything in between. Do you really want to support the agenda that forced the band into suspended animation for 14 years simply so Ozzy's ego and Sharon's bank account could grow out of the Sabbath shadow?

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:58 pm 

Wow, so Ozzy relapsed on drugs last year but is apparently a few months sober now: http://www.metalinjection.net/shocking- ... -clean-now

Also, I'm planning to hit the Seattle concert that was just announced for August 24th!

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 pm 

ralfikk123 wrote:
MARSDUDE wrote:

You're such a nice, well mannered guy..... :roll:

Gotta fight douchebag with douchebag.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:13 pm 

Except ANA isn't a douche, he said something that a lot of people (including me) are agreeing with. I agree with the "Iommi is Sabbath" sentiment, he's the master.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:24 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Also, I'm planning to hit the Seattle concert that was just announced for August 24th!

WHY do I have to go to Wisconsin again for army training RIGHT when this is happening??!! :cry:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:21 pm 

That sucks, man! Have you been to the Gorge before? I hear it's a great venue.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:29 pm 

No. Looking at the pics, it's pretty scenic. Would have been the biggest concert I attended.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Megadeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:32 pm 

Birmingham Mail recently did a long interview with Tony Iommi.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-o ... vy-2594293

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:06 pm 

Ozzy has just released a statement about how he's been doing drugs and alcohol for the last year and a half but has been sober for 44 days. Apologising to the family and all that jazz.

I'm not sure whether this is a good sign for his performance on the record.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 pm 

Hell, I didn't realize the Gorge was quite so out there. I wonder how long of a trip it would be from Victoria, BC.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 am 

The Gorge is the closest date on the tour from where I live. It's roughly 4 1/2 hours away. I was hoping to see Black Sabbath for the first time. I wonder if they'll add more dates? With a significant back injury I can't fathom travelling that far anytime soon. :(

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:23 am 

ENKC wrote:
Ozzy has just released a statement about how he's been doing drugs and alcohol for the last year and a half but has been sober for 44 days. Apologising to the family and all that jazz.

I'm not sure whether this is a good sign for his performance on the record.

This is a brilliant sign since his best work was done during his alcohol-fueled and drug-abused days, no? But seriously, judging by the 5 second samples here and there, he sounded pretty alright. Not much to go by, but we can all be optimistic.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Bl ... /13/373514

So there's a tracklist and song running times now. Looks good.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 am 

Empyreal wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Black_Sabbath/13/373514

Holy crows, those are some long ass songs. I'm down with Sabbath playing riffs that sound like their older stuff if they're going to be doing eight minute jams.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:37 pm 

Yeah, the tracklisting pleasantly surprised me; I was terrified there would be thirteen songs. This is looking good, and in case you'd forgotten or didn't know, God is Dead will be released tomorrow as the first single. What I'm curious about, though, is that since it's apparently almost nine minutes long, I wonder if we'll get a heavily edited version.

Also, glancing at the song titles (which aren't even very good or anything) it's such a wonder why they didn't just call the album Live Forever, Damaged Soul, or even Age of Reason. Seriously, why 13?

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:45 pm 

^ Because we're in 2013. That's still the least stupid explanation.

Misfit74 wrote:
The Gorge is the closest date on the tour from where I live. It's roughly 4 1/2 hours away. I was hoping to see Black Sabbath for the first time. I wonder if they'll add more dates? With a significant back injury I can't fathom travelling that far anytime soon. :(

I feel for you, bro. However, with a significant cancer injury, Tony can't afford the luxury of a giant world tour as would otherwise have happened, and at the very least, they didn't have the guts to throw some Ozzy & Friends bullshit this time around. Also, think of those of us who most definitely won't get to see them. I doubt they'll plan a date in France, in my case; sure, I could take the Eurostar and go all the way to Birmingham or wherever just to see Iommi & Geezer one last time... But nah.

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:09 pm 

the gig in my hometown was sold out in less than a day

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 pm 

At least there isn't 13 songs on the album... that at least lessens the chance of filler

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:17 pm 

Also, it isn't coming out on the 13th of the month.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:13 pm 

At least they aren't saying it will be released 13/13/13 and basically extend 2013 for another month so January is the 13th month of the year.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:27 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Black_Sabbath/13/373514

That is a surprising amount of long fucking songs. I don't know what to think of it, really. On the one hand, they might be hazy, dense jams, which would be awesome, while on the other, they could be monotonous slabs of nothingness that go on forever..... So yeah, consider me cautious.

Also, I feel compelled (like many before me) to point out that saying that Heaven & Hell and Sabbath are two different things is bullshit.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm 

I'm hoping for some riff-heavy rockers in the vein of "Snowblind" or "Cornucopia," just stretched out with more complexity. That would be badass.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 pm 

Or Supernaut, man!

People always forget about Supernaut :(

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 pm 

I debated which songs to name. They're all good choices. Or "Hole in the Sky," "Children of the Grave," etc. The list goes on.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:57 pm 

Gotcha but, although I agree that somewhat-longer-than-usual riffy rockers would be mighty cool, I'd still prefer most of those long songs to have more of a jammy, loose feel. It's been a really long time since Iommi and company recorded anything like that.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:18 pm 

Im highly doubting they're going to be very jammy. I'm expecting riffy rockers, even if Ozzy's been buggered out of his head for a year.
Hehe, foreskins.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
At least they aren't saying it will be released 13/13/13 and basically extend 2013 for another month so January is the 13th month of the year.

o_O

I got a hole-in-the-sky vibe earlier and I sincerely hope the new songs are more meaty and have strong riffs. Iommi should deliver.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 am 

Quote:
Deluxe edition bonus tracks:
9. Methademic

Really, guys?
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm 

That album is going to suck. 100% sure.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

brandon1986
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:18 pm 

God is Dead is quite underwhelming to me, i really didnt care for it.

Anyone who wants to hear it.
http://www.kegl.com/iplaylist/artist/3693/

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:48 pm 

I actually kinda dig it, Iommi is still going at it and Ozzy doesn't sound as horrible as I expected he would. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Oh and I totally forgot to mention how awesome Geezer is, absolutely love the bass on this track.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 pm 

I'm liking this. It sounds sloppy as fuck at the beginning, maybe with mixing or something, but once Ozzy's verse comes in I really got into Iommi's creepy as fuck atmosphere. I don't mind the vocals too much, but you can tell they were tampered with. Nonetheless, it sounds pretty damn fitting, just without the powerful vocal delivery from before.

Edit: I'm listening to this through earbuds on campus so I can't get the best quality at the moment, so I'll have to hear at home to get the best listening experience.

Last edited by OzzyApu on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:54 pm 

The lyrics are terrible, as expected. Ozzy sounds effected as fuck, but at least he sounds decent. I'd still appreciate if he was mixed lower. I also wish the bass was louder, old school Sabbath style. The drumming is adequate, and the riffs are typical Iommi goodness. Is this relevant? Not at all. Is it better than anyone expected? Probably.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:55 pm 

I slept through most of the first half of the song. Found it quite boring to be honest. It wasn't until towards the end when Iommi really kicked in with his trademark riffage that I started to pay attention. Ozzy sounded pretty decent though, especially his screams.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:57 pm 

shouvince wrote:
I slept through most of the first half of the song. Found it quite boring to be honest. It wasn't until towards the end when Iommi really kicked in with his trademark riffage that I started to pay attention.

I would agree that they went too long at the beginning. The song captures that eerie tone very well, but for an extra verse and chorus it overstays its welcome. Should have went right to the groovy riff after the first hurdle. Bass also needs to sound more solid. That's what sounds the most sloppy on my end.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:58 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
The lyrics are terrible, as expected.

I was going to say the exact same thing but I couldn't remember the lyrics well enough to quote and I couldn't be arsed to listen to the track again. So, he says that in his dreams he believes god is dead but then he raises a question and then makes a statement. Wtf. Amirite? Poor lyrical content either ways.

OzzyApu wrote:
shouvince wrote:
I slept through most of the first half of the song. Found it quite boring to be honest. It wasn't until towards the end when Iommi really kicked in with his trademark riffage that I started to pay attention.

I would agree that they went too long at the beginning. The song captures that eerie tone very well, but for an extra verse and chorus it overstays its welcome. Should have went right to the groovy riff after the first hurdle. Bass also needs to sound more solid. That's what sounds the most sloppy on my end.

Yeah, I felt the same. The second verse-chorus just dragged the life out of the track. It can be a deal breaker for many I suppose. This brings me to a point - the average length of songs on 13 is about 6 minutes. I sure hope they haven't been too miserly and selective with riffs and groovy bits in the songs, coz if the rest of the tracks drag on as 'god is dead', 13 is bound to suck.

Last edited by shouvince on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next