SluseTheInventor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:16 pm 

No damage numbers

makes you wonder :boo: :boo:

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:41 pm 

I heard somewhere that Fallout 4 may take place in Boston. I also heard it may only for PS4, which is not good. I'm not a dedicated enough gamer to buy a new system for one game.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:45 pm 

Kahalachan wrote:
Xeogred wrote:
Beat Bioshock Infinite.

Mind blown. One of the best endings I've ever experienced.

It also has to have the best female protagonist of all time in games. Not since Midna from Zelda Twilight Princess did I find a female lead so awesome in every way. Booker is a stock "had a shady past" character. Elizabeth is so unique with such charm, her own interests and personality, is strong willed, pretty but not fanservice, and just one of the best female game characters of all time.

Pity she is virtually useless as a companion character gameplay-wise.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:15 am 

Poisonfume wrote:

What?! :eek: If anything Elizabeth is overpowered. Able to bend time and space to make health, weapons, places to take cover, and those hooks to hang off with your roller coaster glove thingy appear. On top of that she throws you health, salt, ammo, and money. And she can't receive damage from any enemy.

Elizabeth seems to be half of the reason why normal difficulty is equivalent to easy in any other game. The other being that the game itself is a bit easy.

ACM wrote:
I heard somewhere that Fallout 4 may take place in Boston. I also heard it may only for PS4, which is not good. I'm not a dedicated enough gamer to buy a new system for one game.

I would get a PS4 for Fallout 4. A bad Fallout is better than just about every other game and a good Fallout rivals the very best of games.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 am 

Wasteland 2 instead.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:10 am 

Boston huh? That's cool, I can look forward to a new Fallout game. I don't really like Fallout 3 in hindsight but New Vegas was totally the tits!

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:13 am 

Yeah, Wasteland 2 is looking pretty cool. I can't play the original game, simply because it's TOO outdated for me, but I have been playing the first two Fallout's and wow are they fun. So I'm looking forward to Wasteland 2, should be good.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:22 pm 

Kahalachan wrote:
Poisonfume wrote:

What?! :eek: If anything Elizabeth is overpowered. Able to bend time and space to make health, weapons, places to take cover, and those hooks to hang off with your roller coaster glove thingy appear. On top of that she throws you health, salt, ammo, and money. And she can't receive damage from any enemy.

Elizabeth seems to be half of the reason why normal difficulty is equivalent to easy in any other game. The other being that the game itself is a bit easy.

Elizabeth is definitely the reason this game should only be played on hard or 1999-mode. Plus, to add to your list, she picks any lock you come across as long as you're carrying enough lockpicks (which are insanely common and Lizzy will even point them out for you if you manage to overlook them).

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:20 pm 

Anyone watch the 12 minute gameplay demo for Dark Souls 2 yesterday?
Caravans’ stoned deliverance"-Sleep's Dopesmoker

LO FI GRIND- http://alaskanpipelinesgrinds.bandcamp.com/

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 pm 

ghost223 wrote:
That video has calmed any worries I had about DkS2, it looks insane. The part with the ogre bursting through the wall blew my mind, I'm glad they implemented events like that. The graphics are really a step up too, especially since it started off looking a little same-y at the start of the video. Overall I'm even more excited about Dark Souls 2. Started a no-HUD depraved play through in Dark Souls in anticipation for the sequel.

It has a real Demons Souls vibe to it

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:48 pm 

Regarding Elizabeth:
Picking locks isn't a very good use for a companion. In terms of gameplay this is identical to the player just picking the locks, except you have wait a couple of seconds while she happily obliges (even when the story says she's supposed to be mad at you).

Sure she's 'useful' in that she throws ammo and health to you, but as you've all realized that mechanic isn't well applied at all and is rather redundant unless you're playing on the hardest difficulty.

As for the 'tears'...what a joke of a combat mechanic...what the fuck was the point? They could have given Elizabeth some kind of energy bar that limited the amount of times you could use that skill during encounters, at least that would have added some strategy and purpose in choosing the objects you wanted to spawn. But as it is, what the heck is the difference between having all the objects already there and having to 'spawn' them? It isn't as if it's a big tradeoff to sacrifice cover for a turret or anything. Even on 1999 mode this was poorly thought out.

Do you guys remember the old gameplay (yes, gameplay) trailer, in which Elizabeth created a fireball made of objects around you in the area and gave it to you, which you then hurled with telekinesis? How she then was on the ground coughing, visibly drained by the power she just used (the energy bar I mentioned before)? How about when she heated the bridge and you had to hurl an object at it to knock it down onto the handyman below (again, drained after having used this power)? THAT was great companion interaction and a great mechanic. THAT would have made a phenomenal shooter.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:10 pm 

norcalslayings wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=2241865#p2241865 ...? Seriously dude, 1 page ago.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Vook
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:37 am 

Graphics-wise I don't really see any improvements over the first one, and the art style seems pretty meh so far. From what I remember, they were talking about developing a new engine for this one to overcome the limitations they had with DS1, so yeah... not seeing it.

I'll probably still play the shit out of it, though.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:16 pm 

So apparently while I was gone, Demon's Souls was free on Playstation Plus, and my brother scooped it up. I've only played a few hours or so of it so far and I definitely like it, though I don't quite have a full grasp on all the intricacies and whatnot yet (like I have no idea what a World Tendency is). Playing as a thief right now. And yeah, I also agree with Morri's constant assertion that it isn't difficult as much as it's just punishing. I don't see myself turning into as much of a fanboy as our overlord here, but it's definitely good and interesting so far, and I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to play the damn thing.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
So apparently while I was gone, Demon's Souls was free on Playstation Plus, and my brother scooped it up. I've only played a few hours or so of it so far and I definitely like it, though I don't quite have a full grasp on all the intricacies and whatnot yet (like I have no idea what a World Tendency is). Playing as a thief right now. And yeah, I also agree with Morri's constant assertion that it isn't difficult as much as it's just punishing. I don't see myself turning into as much of a fanboy as our overlord here, but it's definitely good and interesting so far, and I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to play the damn thing.

I bought it for $20 on PSN the day before it went free..should have done some research :(

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:14 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
norcalslayings wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=2241865#p2241865 ...? Seriously dude, 1 page ago.

I know I saw it the second after I posted about it -_-

in_human_form
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:45 pm 

Vook wrote:
Graphics-wise I don't really see any improvements over the first one, and the art style seems pretty meh so far. From what I remember, they were talking about developing a new engine for this one to overcome the limitations they had with DS1, so yeah... not seeing it.

I'll probably still play the shit out of it, though.

The lighting seems better (e.g. shadows, bonfires light the room, use of darkness and torches) and there is more detail in the armour sets (e.g. the fur the character was wearing). The IGN video I watched didn't seem to be the best quality, so it will probably look even better.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:12 pm 

Someone here has to play League of Legends. Anyone?

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:58 pm 

stickyshooZ wrote:

Not I.

god_man95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 pm 

Bioshock Infinite. Why?

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:42 pm 

Anyone play Uncharted 3 online?I play it to pass the time now and then and the climbing/jumping/cover adds alot of variety to the shooter formula

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:59 pm 

god_man95 wrote:
Bioshock Infinite. Why?

Those reviewers say that about every AAA title that gets released.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:05 pm 

stickyshooZ wrote:

Normally I'd be the old-school douche that raves about how DotA was better because I used to play it with friends and never converted to LoL when everyone else did. However, I thought DotA was pretty shitty too. I also dislike it because of how obsessively my best friend, his girlfriend and my cousin play it.

As for the ratings for Bioshock Infinite: beats me! People are too lost in the hype to notice the glaring problems the game has.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm 

Psh, DotA is great. Every match is different from the last and I don't think you'll find any other game with an interesting early/mid/lategame dynamic.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:32 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
Psh, DotA is great. Every match is different from the last and I don't think you'll find any other game with an interesting early/mid/lategame dynamic.

I definitely get why it's a good game. I've just always been hopelessly shitty at it (and trust me, I used to play it a lot at LAN parties and what not, just never cared enough to get better at it).

I'm more of a TD and Arena kind of player. Hero Siege games and Footmen are awesome too (if we are talking about Warcraft III).

EDIT: Goddamn, I just wasted my 666th post talking about DotA. Great.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:13 pm 

I never played DOTA, but I played a game similar to it called Tides of Blood. Ahh, good old WC3 mods.

Exkretor wrote:

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 pm 

stickyshooZ wrote:
I never played DOTA, but I played a game similar to it called Tides of Blood. Ahh, good old WC3 mods.

Hell yeah. Custom modes on W3 online multiplayer were the best. Or better yet, playing over LAN with friends.
Net cafes are big in Greece and I always cry a little inside when I walk in these days. Everyone who used to play the staple games (W3 and Counter-Strike) have moved to LoL.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 pm 

Tides of Blood was always my favorite of that style as well. Stopped playing it several years ago though.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:21 am 

Vook wrote:

I'd have to second this. I mean, cloth emulation and better lighting is nice and all, but given the previews' impressions (fluid animations! Next gen graphics on par with Watch Dogs!) the look of things surely doesn't meet the expectations (although I'd like to add the caveat of not knowing which platform the demonstration runs on).

...Which is probably a good thing, since it means my laptop wouldn't struggle too much to run it. Also, I'm pretty sure the game would receive further tweaks, since the notion that we don't have even an approximate release timeframe yet might indicate that the game development is far from completion at this point.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:44 am 

I just ordered BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend because for some reason I've been really high on fighting games recently and goddamn Daisuke Ishiwatari's music is good enough for me to buy a game I know next to nothing about.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:22 pm 

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Tides of Blood was always my favorite of that style as well. Stopped playing it several years ago though.

Fuck yeah, finally someone else who knows the awsomeness of Tides of Blood. Who was your favorite champ? I always liked the Pirate, the Witchdoctor, and the Scion. And I hated playing against anyone that was really good with the Warden.

Exkretor wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:26 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Daisuke Ishiwatari

:love:
I wonder if we can play, since I only have the "regular" Continuum Shift... :grumble: Which I barely touched, cause, I suck at fighting games. :\

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:52 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
12 minutes of Dark Souls II gameplay footage :hyper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA1s9v2Ab8w

Seems I finally have a reason to pick up a new game this year

BastardHead wrote:
I just ordered BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend because for some reason I've been really high on fighting games recently and goddamn Daisuke Ishiwatari's music is good enough for me to buy a game I know next to nothing about.

Man you just reminded me I have BlazBlue lying around here somewhere and I never tried it, cause I suck at fighting games too ))):

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:10 am 

I still haven't played Dark Souls, as I'm rather nervous of the quality of its PC port, so I've been watching a YouTube LP of it instead, and it seems cool. From what I've read, Dark Souls II is going to be released on PC right off the bat this time? So maybe its quality will be improved (most importantly for me, keyboard + mouse support) and equal to its console counterparts. If that is the case, I can see myself buying this near to release date. The gameplay looks pretty cool. That wyvern castle looks awesome.

One thing I do like about the Souls' games, is the artstyle. I appreciate a Japanese developer creating a more grounded-looking fantasy game for a change. The armour in particular looks very nice. You can still identify it as fantasy armour, but it still retains a level of practicality and finesse. Not like those big bulky hideous looking armours you see in JRPGs and Warhammer.

SisuBerserk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:34 pm 

I wouldn't consider myself a gamer since I'm not looking forward to any new games and I pretty much play the same few games again and again and again.

Team Fortress 2
One of my most played games and number one favorite game. It's pretty hilarious and it's not too serious. I mean, how can someone take a game seriously when you're running around and slapping people with a fish?

Portal 1 and 2
Beaten both games over 15 times.

GTA Vice City, San Andreas, IV
Random sandbox fooling, yay.

SimCity 4
Probably my most played game ever.

Audiosurf
Because "racer" where track is made out of the song of your choice.

Randomly playing some other games like Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield 1942, Saints Row the Third etc.

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 pm 

Ah good, someone else still plays Audiosurf! I'm sick of being the only person to race songs from (admittedly semi-obscure) albums after 2011ish. Well that's not true actually, I'd play Audiosurf anyway.

in_human_form
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:28 pm 

BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
I still haven't played Dark Souls, as I'm rather nervous of the quality of its PC port, so I've been watching a YouTube LP of it instead, and it seems cool. From what I've read, Dark Souls II is going to be released on PC right off the bat this time? So maybe its quality will be improved (most importantly for me, keyboard + mouse support) and equal to its console counterparts. If that is the case, I can see myself buying this near to release date. The gameplay looks pretty cool. That wyvern castle looks awesome.

One thing I do like about the Souls' games, is the artstyle. I appreciate a Japanese developer creating a more grounded-looking fantasy game for a change. The armour in particular looks very nice. You can still identify it as fantasy armour, but it still retains a level of practicality and finesse. Not like those big bulky hideous looking armours you see in JRPGs and Warhammer.

If you're considering buying Dark Souls, I strongly recommend you stop watching any Let's Plays. I made the same mistake and wished I didn't spoil the game for myself (though at the time I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it).

I don't have the PC version, but I've heard that DSFix basically makes the game playable and if you're computer is good enough, better than the console versions (though you still need a controller). I read that the devs were going to make sure they don't screw up DSII on the PC.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:01 pm 

wrathchild_88 wrote:
Ah good, someone else still plays Audiosurf! I'm sick of being the only person to race songs from (admittedly semi-obscure) albums after 2011ish. Well that's not true actually, I'd play Audiosurf anyway.

I just spent 4 hours playing Audiosurf, and now I come in and see I'm not the only one who plays it anymore. :V

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:07 pm 

That game gets old so fast...
And somehow I feel it is too silly to be played with the music I listen to. Actually, the only music that would fit is beat-driven electronic music, everything else just seems wrong with the Tron-y style and the entire high-speed racing concept.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:46 pm 

SisuBerserk wrote:
I wouldn't consider myself a gamer (...)

You definitely ARE a gamer based on everything you wrote. :P

Agree on Audiosurf (and iOS games like Supersonic). They just weren't made for metal (or any genre not heavily beat-driven).

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488 ... 940  Next