* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 am 

Xeogred wrote:

Wrapped up JoJo.

Fucking incredible, holy balls. Everyone says it gets better from here into part 3... HOOOOOOOOOOOOOW?

Last episode teased at part 3. Utterly stoked, damn I can't wait for more.

I like dubstep now? Goddamn the second OST was so good, hope they keep that composer on board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3tlJeTf7kg

The ultimate dream is that once Madhouse finishes the new HxH (which is the best looking shounen by far right now, visually production wise, One Piece doesn't even compare), they'll team up with David Production and do 50 episodes or something for part 3 of JoJo... then animate the rest, with the most insane TV series budget the world has seen.

DO IT!

yeah man. I'm still on ep 21, but this such a great series, once I finish the anime i'll go back to reading the manga. Jojo was best anime of 2012 and probably will be of 2013 too.

The OST is really fucking good, I love the song that plays on the cop scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0miyPXfTszo

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm 

So I just saw both seasons of Working!!, which I wanted to do for a couple years now since someone a long time ago rec'd it here, and I didn't like it as much as I thought. 'Twas a comedy that had only two really likable characters, and almost no true development... and no payoff.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:59 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
So I just saw both seasons of Working!!, which I wanted to do for a couple years now since someone a long time ago rec'd it here, and I didn't like it as much as I thought. 'Twas a comedy that had only two really likable characters, and almost no true development... and no payoff.

For me, I always found the Working! franchise to be a sad imitator of Azumanga Daioh without the same level of charm.

These writers should just realize that no one can capture the spirit of Azumanga Daioh perfectly, not even the often-hilarious Nichijou, and that was probably the best attempt.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:32 pm 

On an unrelated note, it's rather funny how some people can't possibly cope with the fact that opinions differ.

A while ago, I did a block of reviews for the Hajime no Ippo franchise. As you can see from that review, I loved it to death. It's still up there with some of my favorite anime of all time. But then New Challenger came along, and it sucked ass.

My review for the first season and its movie have 166 views and 241 views respectively. My review for the second season has 2057 views. And everybody commenting is all full of piss and vinegar about how I'm not a fan and I suck because I hated it and didn't give it a high score. But hey, it's not my fault the second season sucked so hard. I'm just the messenger.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 pm 

Marag wrote:
yeah man. I'm still on ep 21, but this such a great series, once I finish the anime i'll go back to reading the manga. Jojo was best anime of 2012 and probably will be of 2013 too.

The OST is really fucking good, I love the song that plays on the cop scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0miyPXfTszo

Here's a vocal version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poe62B0_7yU

The instrumental version is gonna be up when the next OST volume hits, sometime soon hopefully.

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

For me, I always found the Working! franchise to be a sad imitator of Azumanga Daioh without the same level of charm.

These writers should just realize that no one can capture the spirit of Azumanga Daioh perfectly, not even the often-hilarious Nichijou, and that was probably the best attempt.

The heavy bent towards tying moeblobs and slice of life comedy doesn't help either.

Zelkiiro wrote:
On an unrelated note, it's rather funny how some people can't possibly cope with the fact that opinions differ.

A while ago, I did a block of reviews for the Hajime no Ippo franchise. As you can see from that review, I loved it to death. It's still up there with some of my favorite anime of all time. But then New Challenger came along, and it sucked ass.

My review for the first season and its movie have 166 views and 241 views respectively. My review for the second season has 2057 views. And everybody commenting is all full of piss and vinegar about how I'm not a fan and I suck because I hated it and didn't give it a high score. But hey, it's not my fault the second season sucked so hard. I'm just the messenger.

Yeah I know how you feel, obviously I'm a huge evangelion fan but the third rebuild movie is just not very good. The first two essentially distilled the agnst while giving a different take of the series but the third movie basically throws all the development that happened in the previous movies and tries to cram two or more movies worth of content into one.

Spoiler: show
Basically, they waste the first ten minutes against an angel battle because apparently 14 years later there are still angels roaming around, no explanation is given why misato and company hate shinji other than for him cuasing the third impact, we don't see misato or ritsuko ater the first 20 minutes of the movie. Shinji doesn't ask any questions about what has happened in the 14 years time span, and the reason for the conflict between nerv and wille isn't fleshed out at all, and pretty much the only development (which is done well to be fair) is between shinji and kwaru but that is thrown away because kwaru literally explodes and dies and shinji as a result is just as depressed and helpless as in the start of the movies. Asuka and Mari only show up later to stop shinji from uniting the spears of loginus with lililth, and asuka pretty much shows up later to show disdain for shinji, while mari just fights, rei (or probably a new rei clone) has no personality wiping out all the progress she made in the second movie and just being a tool for carrying out gendo's orders. Gendo only has a few lines as well. The concept of setting the movie after third impact with the cast being on opposite sides of a war is creative, but here it doesn't work because there isn't enough time to explain why the character's attitudes have changed or why they are fighting in the first place. They're essentially rebooting the entire story and the only have two more movies to pull it off, which I really don't think they can.

I'm 7 episodes into, now and then here and there, and I'm really enjoying it with a few exceptions. I like the characters and theme of trying to be moral in an immoral world, with the exception of lala ru. She really is just a blank slate and only valuable for her amulet. Also, I wish the series was a bit longer, it's gut wrenching to be sure but I think having it be a full 26 episodes would give more time for the tradegy to sink in and to describe the setting a little more. Still, awesome, awesome stuff.

So the scan group that was doing zipang has disbanded, now the 550 chapters or so manga is probably going to remain untranslated. I guess I'll start reading the berserk manga, that's about the same length, still running and will be fully translated. The kaiji manga is only coming out at the pace of a chapter per week, and I need more for my manga fix. Better start 20th century boys as well.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:12 am 

Evangelion2014 wrote:
As for stuff I'm watching or planning to watch, I just started serei no moribito and am going to start 'here and there now and then' too.

Seirei No Moribito started of well enough but didn't quite hold up. It focused on things I wasn't interested in, and I wasn't happy with the explanations the series provided for the mysteries introduced early in the series. In the end I watched it only to finish the series, and not because I enjoyed it much. It wasn't Ninja Scroll - the series level disappointing, but still.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:52 pm 

Actually watching that show now, it's enjoyable so far (Only three episodes in though) and it looks really good visually.

Finished Psycho Pass earlier, enjoyable for the most part, and looked good visually, but suffered from a rushed ending which imo wasn't handled very well.
I actually ended up sympathizing with Makishima more than Akane and co. His methods aside, I couldn't think of his goals as bad, and by the end he seemed to me more like a martyr than a villain. Akane on the other hand remains a loyal cog in the dystopic machine, and after Makishima's death it seems like Sybil is almost completely unopposed. Fuck that.

I was also wondering how Kogami escaped at the end, I would have thought that the Sybil System would have the borders locked down pretty tight, yet somehow he goes from killing Makishima to >I'm on a ship now lol

Show did have some great perks, like that rich cyborg guy's underground hunting area, the epidemic of the psycho pass concealing helmets, and Makishima beating the shit of Kogami and some of the helmet thugs. Thought it was pretty damn funny that he had no problem dominating Kogami but got his ass handed to him by old Masaoka.

last.fm

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:26 pm 

I already said what I thought Psycho-Pass plot before, but

TheOldOne wrote:
and it looks really good visually.

It was incosistent as fuck. Some eps looked amazing, others had shit quality.

Just compare:

with

The first eps looked good, and the last few ones in particular looked really good, but inbetween it there were constant, and really bad, drops in animation

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 am 

Not strictly anime, but related: apparently Guillermo del Toro is making a live-action series adaptation of Monster for HBO. If he can trim the fat in the storyline and get a decent pacing (and maybe change the ending :oh shit:), it could be pretty interesting.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:03 pm 

Just finished rewatching Trigun a couple days ago (o hai review), and finished its movie just a few minutes ago.

This has been a pretty cool week.

Filosofuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:26 am 

Anybody else watching Shingeki no Kyojin? This shit is getting seriously good, although I am wondering how it compares to the manga, if anyone has read that.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm 

Finished Seirei no Moribito, it wasn't too bad. Would have liked if they told us a little more about Nayug, as it stands I know very little about it. They never even told us what exactly "The Knot" was either, or how that old shaman got there. Fight scenes were excellent though, and the La Lungas were pretty cool too. lol @ Tanda being stuck in the friendzone throughout the whole show.

Watching Accel World now, it's really glossy. Plot ain't nothin' to write home about, apparently it's connected to Sword Art Online somehow.

last.fm

Disinterested Handjob
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:46 am 

I'm loving the remake of Space Battleship Yamato 2199. So much nostalgia.

http://disinterestedhandjob.bandcamp.com

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:22 pm 

Filosofuck wrote:
Anybody else watching Shingeki no Kyojin? This shit is getting seriously good, although I am wondering how it compares to the manga, if anyone has read that.

I've heard about it, but I don't know if I'm gonna ch--

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK WHY AM I NOT WATCHING THIS RIGHT NOW

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:11 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Filosofuck wrote:

It kind of looks like a monster of the week show fighting giants. I'll watch it eventually but for some reason just on the opening the cast isn't grabbing me. Though if anyone can fill me in on what's awesome about it...

Did I complain about aria the animation yet? I don't want to bore everyone if I did.

I just started the berserk manga since my beloved zipng will never get fully translated, and tore through the first 100 pages. The possession theme, the crappy world, the kind of decrepit art are pretty cool, though I think the only main character I've met so far is guts, and for now he kind of just seems like an angsty tough guy though I'm sure of course he gets more development later on, actually it should be the next arc.

bj_waters
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:56 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:
I just started the berserk manga since my beloved zipng will never get fully translated, and tore through the first 100 pages. The possession theme, the crappy world, the kind of decrepit art are pretty cool, though I think the only main character I've met so far is guts, and for now he kind of just seems like an angsty tough guy though I'm sure of course he gets more development later on, actually it should be the next arc.

I hope this doesn't spoil things too much, but I feel the need to warn you that about 4 or 5 volumes in (roughly 900 pages), it goes on a MASSIVE flashback that lasts like 20 volumes before going back to the present. However, if you are blasting through it, it shouldn't be too hard to follow. For what it's worth, it never really abandons its hyper-violent and gritty nature (though arguably it does have a somewhat subtle tone-shift after the flashback). Then you'll have the wonderful experience of sitting on your hands and waiting for the next installment like the rest of us. Yay? (Don't get me wrong; it's good, unique stuff. Just settle in for the long run.)

Deviante
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:14 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:
[youtube](removed the song from the quote as to not make the page too heavy to load)[/youtube]

It kind of looks like a monster of the week show fighting giants.

It isn't. At least that's not how the manga is - and the anime hasn't been like that so far, either. Not to spoil anything from the manga, but it has several things going on at once (the story being depicted from several perspectives at any given time when the people are divided), involving tactics, conspiring and all the good stuff like that. It certainly doesn't warrant a "monster of the week" on any level because (the manga) is not linear in execution like that. Heck, the manga has 43 chapters to it as of now (at least that I know and have read), and it is still piling mysteries upon mysteries on the reader - so it's pretty intriguing. For the record, the first 5 anime episodes that have aired so far have covered about 4-6 manga chapters from the story if I can recall correctly, so... yeah.

Anyway, like I said before: the 5th episode has been out for some hours now - just watched the raw an hour or so ago. It's certainly intense as fuck at this point, not deviating from the manga. This kind of story is so much better suited for an anime-adaption for the combat and stuff, though, so it is making me excited! Can't wait for more episodes!

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:18 pm 

Watching Blood-C. Saya's not particularly good at her job. "I will protect everyone!" *Stands by while her entire class is eviscerated* :|

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:36 pm 

VoidApostle wrote:
Watching Blood-C. Saya's not particularly good at her job. "I will protect everyone!" *Stands by while her entire class is eviscerated* :|

And that about sums up the entire Blood franchise.

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:56 pm 

We seriously need Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge x Bridge.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 pm 

You know, this little post from Bogleech.com picked my curiosity, so I decided to check out some of Junji Ito's work. Not a fan of manga or anime at all, but there's always time in my life for bizarre horror.

To sum up my feelings regarding Mr. Ito's work; he is one craaaaaaaaaaazy motherfucker.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:41 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
To sum up my feelings regarding Mr. Ito's work; he is one craaaaaaaaaaazy motherfucker.

Have you tried uzumaki yet?

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:26 pm 

I'd like to. As..... Disturbing as his stuff is, I really enjoyed it, not to mention the fact that he seems to be one of the only people in modern times who are capable of drawing monsters which come off as actually frightening on a visual level. Must be the mix of body horror with the uncanny valley.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Sat May 18, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Filosofuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:45 pm 

What's a good place to start with Ito manga?

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:46 pm 

Workin' on my review for Millennium Actress, and while looking up songs from the soundtrack, I keep finding myself tearing up. And that is further proof to myself that the 10/10 it will receive is totally justified. Oh, by the way, review spoiler alert.

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:56 pm 

Finished 'now and then, here and there'. Loved it, interesting setting, great characters and it brought me to the verge of crying. A lot of scenes were genuinely gut wrenching. Gave it 9/10 because the only flaws form e was that lala lu was a bit bland and i wish it was a bit longer; other than that it was basically flawless.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:23 pm 

Filosofuck wrote:

I've been watching Shingeki no Kyojin on a friend's rec and man is this show both the coolest action-wise and the god damn saddest for everything else. For those that don't know, it's basically about giant titans killing humans indiscriminately, and the terror of all that - the remnants of humanity must fight back or die. It's very dark, and even though it has mixed in some comedy, it's mostly a serious, adult-oriented show. Lots of violence, and the action is some of the best I've seen in an anime. It just aired last month, but you'd be doing yourself a favor watching everything up to the recent episode.

Not enough?

Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:24 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:

Man, if there's a 3rd season it will truly suck. As a manga reader of Ippo, I can safely say that nothing worthy happens after the events of New Challenger, at least in 400 manga chapters after the 2nd anime season. Just NOW, well past the 1000th chapter some good stuff is happening; Ippo is finally moving his ass and Volg returned in great shape.

The only way a 3rd season would work is to wipe those 400 chapters of nonsense.

HellBlazer wrote:
Not strictly anime, but related: apparently Guillermo del Toro is making a live-action series adaptation of Monster for HBO. If he can trim the fat in the storyline and get a decent pacing (and maybe change the ending :oh shit:), it could be pretty interesting.

This, as a mini series would be one of the best things to see in TV in recent years. I liked the ending of Monster. If you relate the Poppe's storybook ending to Tenma's decision, it turns better.

Oh, and watched Ōkami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children). Excellent and sometimes quite moving stuff. The character style is instantly recognized.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:56 pm 

I recently watched the first five episodes of Kino's Journey. Really good and unique anime, love the setting and it honestly reminds me of Mushi-shi with how each episode tends to be stand alone. I also like how each one dives into a different philosophy or idea.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 am 

Anyone here watch Welcome to the NYK? I hadn't watched an anime to completion in over a decade, but tend to sample bits here and there. What I saw on YouTube seemed absurd and silly and I came into it expecting to get a few WTFs from the main character's porn addiction and lack of life, but it turned out to be much more emotional than I thought it would. Overall I really enjoyed it. Two episodes into Kare Kano right now as well. I'm really getting into this introspective drama/romance/angst thing; as someone that's pretty ignorant to anything that wasn't on Toonami when I was in middle school, what are the best ones in this style? From what little I've heard of Paranoia Agent (spoilers seem to be everywhere so I try not to read too much) it sounds promising.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:24 pm 

Welcome to the NHK is easily in my top 10 favourite anime. The light novel it's based on is a good read aswell.

I think I need to start watching older and less moe anime. Things I used to find cute a year or so ago are really starting to frustrate me. In the middle of a Gosick episode today I was so annoyed I actually shouted at a character to shut up and had to close the video. :brick:

Varth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:18 am 

I haven't read all the thread but I jumped www.kissanime.com and there is an ungodly amount of entire seasons in good quality with good subs, I found it on Sunday and watched two Evangelion movies which I've never seen, 5 episodes of Space Adventure Cobra, some Urusei Yatsura (never seen it before but heard of it), and the first five episodes of Gantz which is the most hilariously original sci-fi/weird ass show I've seen in a while with an excellent shitty attitude/misanthropic writing style for all its intensely unlikable characters. I also watched most of the first season of Patlabor but that was on dvd.

Thing is I never thought I was an anime fan, I never gave a shit about Pokemon or Dragonball Z, nor that FLying Castle what his name is, but there's some seriously badass shit going on in some good select anime, far more so than any popular American TV shows. Far more visual overload and cranked to 10 pathos.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:53 am 

So after killing an hour or two talking about anime with a friend over the weekend, we got into this Tenchi Muyo kick. He has the entire thing, and he gave me all his DVD copies. Needless to say, I'm sitting next to what amounts to be +16 DVDs of the entirety of Tenchi Muyo. Don't even get me started on the order I'm supposed to watch this stuff in. I remember this being one of the 4 shows my Toonami days revolved around (the others being Gundam Wing, DBZ, and Sailor Moon). :|

Well, I've got through the first four eps (of the first OVA, I'm telling you they fucked this series up in terms of watch order). Let me flat out say that I don't remember the voice acting being this awful for the dub. I mean, it's BAD. Really friggin' bad. The Japanese is tolerable - that should say enough. The animation is fine since it's an old show, but holy hell the dub is horrible. Even the DBZ dub, in all its shittiness, is so bad it's laughable. But this one, especially Tenchi himself, is beyond unwatchable.

Prior to that I was watching YYH again up to the end of the Chapter Black arc - STILL RULES!

bj_waters
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:14 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
So after killing an hour or two talking about anime with a friend over the weekend, we got into this Tenchi Muyo kick. He has the entire thing, and he gave me all his DVD copies. Needless to say, I'm sitting next to what amounts to be +16 DVDs of the entirety of Tenchi Muyo. Don't even get me started on the order I'm supposed to watch this stuff in. I remember this being one of the 4 shows my Toonami days revolved around (the others being Gundam Wing, DBZ, and Sailor Moon). :|

Well, I've got through the first four eps (of the first OVA, I'm telling you they fucked this series up in terms of watch order). Let me flat out say that I don't remember the voice acting being this awful for the dub. I mean, it's BAD. Really friggin' bad. The Japanese is tolerable - that should say enough. The animation is fine since it's an old show, but holy hell the dub is horrible. Even the DBZ dub, in all its shittiness, is so bad it's laughable. But this one, especially Tenchi himself, is beyond unwatchable.

Yeah, I remember going back and watching Tenchi Universe again and having a bit of a hard time how stilted the dub was (and I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to dubs). However, I would argue that perhaps the dialogue was punchier on Toonami because they had to cut 25-30 min episodes into 22 minute blocks, and you're watching the unedited versions.

Tenchi Muyo certainly does have a convoluted timeline, mostly due to having about 5 continuities despite only going over 100 episodes. They work out kind of like this:
-Tenchi Muyo OVAs (20 episodes), Tenchi Muyo! GXP (26 episodes, mostly new characters but same continuity), and Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar (26 epsisodes, again mostly new characters but same continuity)
-There's a spin-off continuity with the manga that uses the first 13 OVA episodes as a starting point.
-Tenchi Universe (26 episodes), Tenchi the Movie: Tenchi in Love (the first movie), Tenchi Forever! The Movie (the third movie)
-There's a light novel series that I'm not too familiar with, but part of it is adapted into Tenchi the Movie 2: The Daughter of Darkness (the second movie; confusing, isn't it)
-Tenchi in Tokyo (26 episodes) (This sort of assumes you're somewhat familiar with the characters and premise, but when they do a flashback/origin episode, it's clear that this is a different continuity.)
-Then you have more derivative works like Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure and the various Pretty Sammy magical girl series, if you're willing to go that far.

And if that isn't enough Tenchi for you, I know that someone has finally translated into English a Super Famicom (SNES) game that's based of the original OVAs, and it's a Strategy RPG (like Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Disgaea, though what little I've played of it makes it seem fairly linear). A new villain kidnaps Sasami and everyone chases after her, but I do know that Sasami becomes a playable character, so I don't know how the rest of the story goes.

So, yeah, I guess I'm a bit of Tenchi fan myself, despite how dated the dubs sound now. Hopefully they get better as you keep watching.

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:47 pm 

Well, I almost finished Steins;Gate now. I know I'm late to the party, but this is fucked up (in a good way). The first episodes just make you want more, but by the time you are in the middle of t you are just craving for more.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:09 am 

Young_Metalhead wrote:
Well, I almost finished Steins;Gate now. I know I'm late to the party, but this is fucked up (in a good way). The first episodes just make you want more, but by the time you are in the middle of t you are just craving for more.

I played the vn, definetly recommend it if you liked the anime. Though I only watched halfway through it, the visual novel is much more complete. I never got all the endings/the true ending on it though. I need to work on that...
I like how the series is lighthearted, but when shit hits the fan, it gets REALLY intense, like when
SERN secrets and the whole jellyman stuff is revealed, when Moeka invades the lab, the first few time Mayurii dies and so on, not to mention the absolute hell Okabe goes through, reliving these thing over and over again

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:03 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Don't even get me started on the order I'm supposed to watch this stuff in.

Start off with the OVA, everything else is optional depending on how much you like Tenchi Muyo. Anidb has a relation graph that should be helpful for this.

OzzyApu wrote:
Well, I've got through the first four eps (of the first OVA, I'm telling you they fucked this series up in terms of watch order). Let me flat out say that I don't remember the voice acting being this awful for the dub. I mean, it's BAD. Really friggin' bad. The Japanese is tolerable - that should say enough.

What did you expect? Just watch the Japanese, that is one of the worst dubs out there, there is no reason to ruin your enjoyment of that show with them...

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:29 pm 

Byrain wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
Don't even get me started on the order I'm supposed to watch this stuff in.

Start off with the OVA, everything else is optional depending on how much you like Tenchi Muyo. Anidb has a relation graph that should be helpful for this.

OzzyApu wrote:
Well, I've got through the first four eps (of the first OVA, I'm telling you they fucked this series up in terms of watch order). Let me flat out say that I don't remember the voice acting being this awful for the dub. I mean, it's BAD. Really friggin' bad. The Japanese is tolerable - that should say enough.

What did you expect? Just watch the Japanese, that is one of the worst dubs out there, there is no reason to ruin your enjoyment of that show with them...

I figured out the order after a google search. Still convoluted for newcomers.

As for the dub, of my top 3 favorite animes, all three are the dub version. Even the Japanese on this one only makes the show tolerable. Then again, I do have to remember that a show like this isn't exactly known for it's substance.

bj_waters
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:49 pm 

Byrain wrote:
Anidb has a relation graph that should be helpful for this.

Dang, if I had known about that, it would have saved me a bunch of typing. (Tenchi is so convoluted.)

Byrain wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

I don't think it's that bad; I know I've heard plenty that were worse, but that's just my opinion. (I'm a Dub > Sub guy anyway.)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 61  Next