Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:22 pm 

Anaal Nathrakh for sure. It's obvious at this point that they'll never top Codex Necro, but they could at least slow down with the releases and focus on quality over quantity. Instead, it seems they're content with overusing cliched tremolo riffs+blastbeats and upping the awful metalcore influence. Maybe if you took all the good songs from the last three albums you'd have one great album.

I'd also have to say, and it pains me to do this, Suffocation. I enjoy s/t and Blood Oath but can confidently say that they're not amazing releases, maybe not even great releases, just solid at best. And the newest, Pinnacle of Bedlam... well I've listened to it twice and I've had no urge to listen to it again.

There are tons more, but those are the two biggest for me.

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:01 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
vengefulgoat wrote:
Darkthrone

I couldn't disagree more. The well is far from empty, I'm pretty sure they refill it with water from the well of youth.

Maybe the well is not empty yet, but it reeks sullied water.

There is some good riffs but there is no spirit binding them together. It's like the Frankeinstein monster.

A corpse with no soul.

Peroy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:09 pm 

lost_wanderer wrote:
Maybe the well is not empty yet, but it reeks sullied water.

There is some good riffs but there is no spirit binding them together. It's like the Frankeinstein monster.

A corpse with no soul.

I strongly disagree. Also, I urge you to go on and read the original "Frankenstein" novel... ;)

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 am 

lost_wanderer wrote:
A corpse without a soul.

Fixed :hail:

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:21 am 

I agree that Iron Maiden's well is empty. I absolutely love Iron Maiden, but their last 4 albums or so meander way too much. It would be one thing if they filled that length with ideas of substance, but instead we just get hammered with repetitive choruses, unimaginative riffs, and formulaic songwriting. The music just comes off as being so uninspired compared to what it used to be.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 am 

Ancient_Sorrow wrote:
I feel Darkthrone saw that their well was running dry, and went to find a new well.

agreed to an extent - darkthrone's an odd one. they're so far removed from their "classic" sound (blaze, transilvanian hunger) that it might as well be a new band. i don't think i really like it (too much manilla road worship, and i don't really like MR) but i don't think i can fault them for it, and i enjoy fenriz' humour - it's a level or two above the usual meme-type shit that passes for funny these days.

ralfikk123 wrote:
This kinda reminds me of the thread with the controversial opinions. A bunch of people disagreeing with a popular opinion.

i was trying to keep it out of that territory, but it could just be splitting hairs there...

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 am 

MacMoney wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:
German thrash has been pretty solid IMO.

Have you actually heard the albums Kreator, Sodom and Destruction did in the 90s? Not exactly anything to write home about, the majority of them.

mac i generally agree with you on most things, but here with kreator at least (haven't heard the others' 90s output) i have to take the same line as i have with the big 4. endorama and outcast are enjoyable, in a sense. violent revolution onwards is just by-the-numbers post-2000 metal.

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 pm 

most bands aren't good enough to release even one good album. So if a band has lost it to you, you move on to another band. If there's not much metal coming out that holds your interest than stick to the classics and maybe poke your head above water when something new does seem interesting to you. Or try out different forms of music.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm 

Turner wrote:
Peroy wrote:
So... basically, everything sucks ?

not quite, it's slightly different. i won't deny it 100%, though. but i honestly do see a serious drop in quality of metal coming out these days, particularly from the majority of its "heroes" and it annoys me. the cynic in me (most of me) feels like at some point "songwriting" became "produced by andy sneap omg!!!" and this is enough for everyone now.

Veracs: it'll sound weird, but i actually think manowar only JUST started to suck on their last album. i even like gods of war... well, a couple of tracks on it, anyway.

Meh, I can't help but disagree. I like new music for what it is. I mean, when you've been listening to so many bands for so long, everything does tend to kind of sound a little formulaic, but that's ok. I know what I like, and I like when it is done well. A lot of new bands also have their own kind of personal touch to different genres I love. Sure, bands like Midnight, for a random example, release music that's been done before, stylistically speaking, but they do it well. It energizes you when you hear it. I think a good band makes you forget that what you are hearing might be a little "by the numbers". Then there are bands like Enslaved, which aren't really doing anything terribly "new" with their music, but they are continually refining their sound, trying new ideas and influences and mixing them masterfully with their current format. Sometimes I find it's useful to try and like something that is out of your comfort zone, sometimes the novelty of it all will help you accept new ideas and songwriting styles. I try not to be super critical either, if an album is kind of meh, it can still be an enjoyable listen, and I find getting to know a new album that isn't amazing to be more enjoyable than listening to my old favorites for the thousandth time (although that has a time and place as well).

Menternor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm 

Heh, seems like some people misunderstood me with the Motörhead comment.

I wasn't including them on this thread. If anything, I think their well still has plenty of juice, even if it is filled with the same old juice.

t1337Dude wrote:
I agree that Iron Maiden's well is empty. I absolutely love Iron Maiden, but their last 4 albums or so meander way too much. It would be one thing if they filled that length with ideas of substance, but instead we just get hammered with repetitive choruses, unimaginative riffs, and formulaic songwriting. The music just comes off as being so uninspired compared to what it used to be.

About the choruses, they really aren't repeating them any more or less than what they used to do in their classic albums. :P
About the rest, I'll simply disagree and move on because we don't need pointless discussions over taste :)

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:42 pm 

Turner wrote:
varg might be a nutter, but at least he's pumping out quality, at a good pace.

This made your entire post a joke.

Metallumz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 am 

There is poison in the well (see what I did there) that poison isn't the bands themselves but rather the labels they are on wanting deadlines met and the next album to be rolled out year after year without so much of a respite for the band to come up with new influence. Even if a band does come up with anything original the labels want the next 'big thing' to sell instead of taking a risk and let the music do the talking.

Its all about quick profiting off the label than keeping a viable fanbase these days. If a band goes platinum then the format doesn't change and it's kept like that in the assumption that the band will keep on selling millions with the same rejuvinated crap over and over again. We need more independent labels to combat this leeching system that rock/metal/punk/indie has now been seeing for the past 5 years.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 am 

Maiden just needs to quit trying to be prog or something and stop with the slow intro, 7+ minute repetitive song, slow outro crap. Write some 3-4 minute fast songs again! Hopefully there are more Smith/Dickinson tracks on the new one.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 am 

Metallumz wrote:
There is poison in the well (see what I did there) that poison isn't the bands themselves but rather the labels they are on wanting deadlines met and the next album to be rolled out year after year without so much of a respite for the band to come up with new influence. Even if a band does come up with anything original the labels want the next 'big thing' to sell instead of taking a risk and let the music do the talking.

But something about this doesn't make sense. If that's true, why are artists becoming less and less prolific? Back in the day it used to be common to pop out and album each year, or every other year. Few bands do that consistantly anymore. Darkthrone used to write an album every year, and we waited three for the last one. Slayer wrote three in the last decade, Metallica wrote two... I'm sure you can find more than enough examples on your own. Ironically, the younger guys are a lot more consistent, warbringer and Evile have been releasing ltos of material.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:46 am 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
Maiden just needs to quit trying to be prog or something and stop with the slow intro, 7+ minute repetitive song, slow outro crap. Write some 3-4 minute fast songs again! Hopefully there are more Smith/Dickinson tracks on the new one.

I enjoy their last two albums, but excess material and overly drawn out song structure is a fault I definitely recognise. The progness ought to be cut down, definitely; the tempo changes and especially the key changes are unsubtle and a little silly. They still write brilliant stuff though, I really enjoyed Coming Home and Where The Wild Wind Blows from the last album.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:49 am 

Coming Home is a pretty solid tune.

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:24 am 

So basically you expect fresh, inspired music from genres that, basically are not fresh and inspired since the 90s? c´mon man, thrash and heavy metal are my favourite genres but if you expect a groundbreaking album from the old time gods you are gonna have a baaaad time.

BTW why everyone hates Death Magnetic so much? i think its an awesome album musically, the best out of the big for in 10 years imo. Testament its a second rate thrash, decent stuff, but if you think they are the real shit in therms of creativity and originality, well my friend i must disagree.

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 pm 

Death Magnetic totally kicks ass, fun as hell to play on guitar! Most people hate it because of the production job which you have to admit does really suck ass, then of course there's those uptight cunts who just think Tallica are "trying too hard" or something...whatever, IMO Metallica in general has been putting out quality stuff through their entire career despite all the stylistic changes (Lulu doesnt count). Megadeth did good albums in United Abominations and Endgame and then sucked again on Th1rt3en, no idea how "Super Collider" is gonna turn out...Slayer has been kicking ass with the last 2 records, recycled or not it doesn't matter because at least they recycle the good stuff. No opinion on Anthrax because I don't really listen to them.

Sodom has been totally kicking ass through their whole career, especially with the last 3 records and even more particularly on the self titled, now that's one fucking awesome record. Destruction was doing good last time I checked, as for Kreator well my favorite albums from them are Coma of Souls, Violent Revolution and Phantom Antichrist so that kinda sums it up.

Iron Maiden has been AWESOME as of late, Brave New World totally revitalized them and they've been doing quality stuff ever since.

However some bands that I think DO fit this thread, CANNIBAL CORPSE. Their well ran dry with Tomb of the Mutilated but they still keep on dragging it...seriously people come to your shows to hear the Hammer Smashed Faces and I Cum Bloods, no one gives two shits about Unleashing the Bloodthirsty, Priests of Sodom or Disfigured.
Oh yeah and Testament, heard like 3 or 4 songs from their new album and man did it SUCK.

Peroy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:47 pm 

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration wrote:
However some bands that I think DO fit this thread, CANNIBAL CORPSE. Their well ran dry with Tomb of the Mutilated but they still keep on dragging it...seriously people come to your shows to hear the Hammer Smashed Faces and I Cum Bloods, no one gives two shits about Unleashing the Bloodthirsty, Priests of Sodom or Disfigured.

Total fucking bullshit. Everyone who doesn't praise "Bloodthirst" as the pinacle of Corpse is just speaking out of their ass. In fact, that's certainly not only the best that band ever did, it's also one of the best death metal records PERIOD and I'd trade ANYTHING they did early on with barns twice over for those 34 minutes of supreme music.

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:39 pm 

Iron Maiden has been AWESOME as of late, Brave New World totally revitalized them and they've been doing quality stuff ever since.

a bald-faced lie

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:48 pm 

Chaosmonger wrote:

a bald-faced lie

...I don't think it works like that.

Some of my favourite Iron Maiden material is from the post-reunion era, and I'd say that how different it is from the pre-reunion work speaks for itself in terms of the well not being empty. If the well is empty, then there's a lot more inspiration in what they're just going through the motions with, that is, 'Maiden, than the unfortunate and unexciting thing which was Steve Harris' solo album turned out to be, which presumably, he felt inspired enough to make.

Menternor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:19 pm 

Some people just can't let the Maiden discussion die, do they? Whether you love or hate their modern stuff, half the metal world will disagree with you, deal with it.

Anyway, I have to agree with all the others who has mentioned the big 4. Metallica has gone and dried up 2 or 3 wells already...although, honestly I never liked them that much except for their debut which also didn't age that well, I guess I may be biased on that one. Haven't listened to the new Anthrax yet. I'm in no rush but I will give it a chance if I get to it.

If nobody has mentioned Gamma Ray yet, then I'll nominate them.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:39 pm 

The thing is, a lot of people seem to be going down the "I like it... therefore the well can't be empty" road on this one, where in actual fact the two things shouldn't be conflated at all.

Likewise, there's a big gap between "fresh" and "good" - there are good albums which aren't fresh, but it's easy for the lack of freshness to influence opinion, which is why a lot of people don't care for bands like, for instance, the thrash-revival. It feels like the date stamped on it invalidates the quality of what it is.

I'm taking this thread to mean that the band aren't producing anything "fresh" any more, which should mean that people who have favourite albums in the "the well is empty" zone of the bands career needn't take it to mean they're bad albums, and feel the need to defend them on that basis.

Whether or not an album is "inspired" is an objective fact - by necessity, the artist in question was really digging what they were doing, or found it a bit tedious. Whether it is good or not, however, is utterly not.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm 

Turner wrote:
mac i generally agree with you on most things, but here with kreator at least (haven't heard the others' 90s output) i have to take the same line as i have with the big 4. endorama and outcast are enjoyable, in a sense. violent revolution onwards is just by-the-numbers post-2000 metal.

Oh, I agree with you there. Horridly boring stuff what they've done after Endorama. I do quite enjoy Endorama, but aside from that album and a couple of good songs here and there on the albums between it and Coma of Souls (which would be rather timid without Blackfire's godly solos as well), the well is rather dry. The "reunion" material is very boring and unimaginative, yes, but people in general tend to enjoy it quite a bit.

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:06 pm 

Peroy wrote:
Total fucking bullshit. Everyone who doesn't praise "Bloodthirst" as the pinacle of Corpse is just speaking out of their ass. In fact, that's certainly not only the best that band ever did, it's also one of the best death metal records PERIOD and I'd trade ANYTHING they did early on with barns twice over for those 34 minutes of supreme music.

You're out of your freakin mind

FengisRipRider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 pm 

Theres plently of good heavy metal now for me to not even care about any famous bands that suck now. Could care less really about new material from any of the bands the original post talked about including Megadeth....all of their material post Peace Sells Whos Buying is useless to me.

WarriorFenix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:42 pm 

wtf @ the op mentioning Blind Guardian. At the Edge of Time was brilliant.

They're probably my favourite band by Gamma Ray could really use another great release. Land of the Free pt.2 and To the Metal havent been overly impressive considering what came beforehand. Although the new 2 new tracks they've released has given me hope that it can be done.

Peroy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 pm 

Peroy wrote:

You're out of your freakin mind

Not at all.

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 pm 

Many comments id like to respond!

IMO Post reunion Maiden its AWESOME! since Bruce returned they released some of their best material since Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, in fact The Final Frontier its their weakest work and it still kicks asses.

Talking about Metallica its a big trouble for everyone, all the people in here has listened to Metallica, they got sooooo freakingly big that its difficult to have a discussion about their music without talking about the monster (and the fucking brand) the band became, lets just say Death Magnetic its at least a great step forward in their "recent" (since Black Album) discography and, in my personal take, its a great fucking album. Of course, they are not in their best moment when it comes to creativity...well at least they sound cool at live performances nowadays.

Megadeth its a tricky one...the power of Megadeve´s guitar has been always there, there´s not a single album without freakingly good riffs or solos at some point, their high musicianship sums up a lot to the final product, but lyricaly and in therms of originality they have been running out of ideas (as many other seasoned metal gods) indeed...much of their recent stuff sounds like outtakes from their golden era: similar structures, similar themes, similar melodies...but for god sake they have released almost 14 albums! thats a BIG number and they´ve managed to keep it funny and heavy, to say the least!

There are much worse cases in metal, being the most obvious Manowar. I may be a little biased on this one, but IMO the Manowarriors have been embarrasing themselves for over 2 decades with bland and mediocre albums.

Annihilator its another lost case...what a debut album and what a follow up! total classics! but then a storm of shitness stomped the guitar master Jeff Waters, who has only released halfassed/halfbaked speed metal albums eversince.

Theres also that GIANT bunch of melodeath bands that became uter crap at some point and really need to break up now for their honor´s sake. (In Flames, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, The Haunted, Arch Enemy)

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:32 am 

Peroy wrote:
Not at all.

well from what I've seen of you here you have some very questionable tastes anyway so whatever floats yer boat

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 pm 

IanThrash wrote:
Many comments id like to respond!

IMO Post reunion Maiden its AWESOME! since Bruce returned they released some of their best material since Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, in fact The Final Frontier its their weakest work and it still kicks asses.

Talking about Metallica its a big trouble for everyone, all the people in here has listened to Metallica, they got sooooo freakingly big that its difficult to have a discussion about their music without talking about the monster (and the fucking brand) the band became, lets just say Death Magnetic its at least a great step forward in their "recent" (since Black Album) discography and, in my personal take, its a great fucking album. Of course, they are not in their best moment when it comes to creativity...well at least they sound cool at live performances nowadays.

Megadeth its a tricky one...the power of Megadeve´s guitar has been always there, there´s not a single album without freakingly good riffs or solos at some point, their high musicianship sums up a lot to the final product, but lyricaly and in therms of originality they have been running out of ideas (as many other seasoned metal gods) indeed...much of their recent stuff sounds like outtakes from their golden era: similar structures, similar themes, similar melodies...but for god sake they have released almost 14 albums! thats a BIG number and they´ve managed to keep it funny and heavy, to say the least!

There are much worse cases in metal, being the most obvious Manowar. I may be a little biased on this one, but IMO the Manowarriors have been embarrasing themselves for over 2 decades with bland and mediocre albums.

Annihilator its another lost case...what a debut album and what a follow up! total classics! but then a storm of shitness stomped the guitar master Jeff Waters, who has only released halfassed/halfbaked speed metal albums eversince.

Theres also that GIANT bunch of melodeath bands that became uter crap at some point and really need to break up now for their honor´s sake. (In Flames, Soilwork, Children of Bodom, The Haunted, Arch Enemy)

I mostly agree with you man, excepting 3 things:

1-The Final Frontier was utterly boring.

2- Death Magnetic is an obvious step forward for many only cause it resembles some return to thrash, not cause the songs are excellent or something. Metallica's fans are so easy to please than anything that superficially could remind them to the times when the band played thrash was enough to praise how 'the might' has returned. Seriously, besides 1 riff in My Apocalypse, the album is a shitfest of mediocrity in terms of songwriting, performance and production.

3-I Would add to your melodeath list to Dark Tranquillity.

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 pm 

Metallumz wrote:
There is poison in the well (see what I did there) that poison isn't the bands themselves but rather the labels they are on wanting deadlines met and the next album to be rolled out year after year without so much of a respite for the band to come up with new influence.

Record album schedules have been getting longer and longer for decades. In the 1960s, bands released multiple albums a year and a 3-4 year wait was almost unheard of. Bands managed to do just fine, and often better because they recorded a lot more material while the fire was still hot. Really it seems like "the well" is more a function of time than music recorded--even when you're doing nothing, "the well" is still evaporating into thin air little by little, so you might as well use it before you lose it.

If the record label arrangements these days were less poisonous so that bands could make a living without having to tour for a year and half straight to pay off the massive debts they racked up recording their last album, maybe we'd have bands with much larger collections of "golden age" works.

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

PazuzuZlave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:49 am 

I too have difficulties comprehending how anyone can mistake Bloodthirst for anything but Cannibal Corpse's absolute masterpiece...

https://katastropha.bandcamp.com
https://ragbroder.bandcamp.com

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:54 am 

Metallumz wrote:
There is poison in the well (see what I did there) that poison isn't the bands themselves but rather the labels they are on wanting deadlines met and the next album to be rolled out year after year without so much of a respite for the band to come up with new influence.

Funnily enough, most of the bands getting mentioned are more established, bigger bands that pretty much get to decide themselves when they want to release a new album, bands that dictate their terms to their label, not the other way around.

Woolie_Wool wrote:
Record album schedules have been getting longer and longer for decades. In the 1960s, bands released multiple albums a year and a 3-4 year wait was almost unheard of. Bands managed to do just fine, and often better because they recorded a lot more material while the fire was still hot. Really it seems like "the well" is more a function of time than music recorded--even when you're doing nothing, "the well" is still evaporating into thin air little by little, so you might as well use it before you lose it.

That is why a lot of the rock albums from the 60s and 70s are half full of sappy ballads and ho-hum songs. A lot of filler there and why a lot of 70s bands are best at their live performances: They can put together the better, more striking, more inspired, more rocking songs in to a one, energetic set rather than getting bogged down with a ballad about how the life of a rock star is super hard. Also, back then, a lot of the bands doing records on that kind of schedule did just that and only that. They didn't have to work two jobs on the side to support their family. But that's not (just) the label's fault. Music industry has changed with the number of bands releasing albums having multiplied by a factor of a bunch, other entertainment burrowing into music sales, music growing more niche and listeners doing that as well.

Kuranes Trevor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:30 am 

This is the main reason why metal is not nearly as big as it was in the 80's and early 90's. Almost all the big bands, that had been doing GREAT music, lost it. Even if you think "Endorama", "Load", "Divine Intervention" have redeeming qualities, they are nowhere near as good as the classics from these bands. AND no new bands were able to step in and make music as good as the former greats either.

Today if a band made a great record I most likely would not find out, because the fans are not even hyping the good stuff anymore, and just by looking at this thread I can tell why. "If you don't like their style of metal, try another one". It's not about the style, it's about the songwriting skill, so that will not do anything. Then I'll just be listening to another boring band with a different style.

I know there are some good bands out there. I know some from my country that are much better than the stuff getting hyped. But I would probably not be able to find them on an international basis, 'cause I cannot trust other metalheads' recommendation.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:50 am 

Peroy wrote:
Not at all.

well from what I've seen of you here you have some very questionable tastes anyway so whatever floats yer boat

You've got some pretty questionable tastes there yourself, bud.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:52 am 

Maybe listen to some bands that aren't 20 years old?

Dark Descent Records

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:31 am 

dalecooper wrote:
Maybe listen to some bands that aren't 20 years old?

Good god, how thick can a person be.

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:32 am 

Burnyoursins wrote:
You've got some pretty questionable tastes there yourself, bud.

Tell me their names and I'll tell you why I like them.

Conservationism
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:01 pm 

Turner wrote:
varg might be a nutter, but at least he's pumping out quality, at a good pace.

I was with you up until this point. I'm hoping his ambient album will be better than the paint-by-numbers blackmetal of his last couple releases.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next