* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aikanaro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm 

androdion wrote:
Aikanaro wrote:
Any Brutal Death Metal bands out there a long the lines of Dyscarnate? Something Brutal, yet not overly technical, with growls and not broken toilet diarrhea vomiting pig squealing sounding vocals.

Not familiar with Dyscarnate but from your description you could try Sepsism. All three albums are good but I have a soft spot for the debut.

Not bad, catchy haha

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:55 am 

I asked for a resquest 1 page back but nobody replied. :( I will repeat what I said. Please recomend me something.

SSatanicSSatan wrote:
Most Pagan bands I know of play either Black or Folk Metal. I have not found many pagan Death Metal bands. I am looking for Pagan Death Metal that is not Melodic. I am not a big Melodeath fan, the only Melodeath band I regularly listen to is Amon Amarth. If folk instruments are must be used like Nile uses them. I would prefer the lyrics to be about Nordic and to a lesser degree European mythology/religion but I am fine with Pagan Death Metal that is non-European. I would prefer lyrics to be in Germanic languages but I am happy with lyricis in Slavic, Latin or even non-European languages. Recomend me any good Pagan Death Metal that is not Melodic or to Folky. I have a diverse taste in Death Metal. I love Morbid Angel, Unleashed, Bolt Thrower, Incantation and Devourment.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:33 pm 

@Aikanaro - Yeah, they're not extremely famous but they have solid albums. On second thought you might also enjoy Vile's Depopulate, although it's a bit more standard USDM.

@SSatanicSSatan - To be honest I don't know if something like that even exists... I get what you're asking but I don't ever recall listening to any death metal like that. Maybe you could try some of the more atmospheric European stuff, like early Septicflesh or early Depresy. They have more of a "pagan/folky" atmosphere rather than direct use of instrumentation really.

w0Lf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:12 pm 

Are there any other bands that have the melodic development and mystical atmosphere of Beyond Sanctorum era Therion?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 am 

w0Lf wrote:
Are there any other bands that have the melodic development and mystical atmosphere of Beyond Sanctorum era Therion?

Early Septicflesh is probably the closest you'll find.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:47 am 

SSatanicSatan - It's not 100% on point with what you're looking for, but if you're looking for pagan/death metal and you like AA, check out the more recent stuff by Odin's Court: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Odi ... urt/121143

w0Lf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 pm 

androdion wrote:
w0Lf wrote:

Early Septicflesh is probably the closest you'll find.
I'm listening to Mystic Places of Dawn, and while I like it, it shares more in common with Therion's third, Symphony Masses, what with the dire heavy metal harmonies and more conventional song structures. I guess Beyond Sanctorum was one of a kind. I wish more metal bands would take the songwriting approach Therion used on tracks like Symphony of the Dead, eschewing the verse-chorus format for a more adventurous, yet still cohesive, composition.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:19 am 

Yeah, it's hard to find stuff like that because it was all coming out of nowhere and few bands adventured through such experimental grounds. But if you're searching for more old school progressive death metal with a quirky touch there are some bands you can try. Disaffected's Vast or Crypt Of Kerberos' World Of Myths are both pretty unconventional, but without going into avant-garde territory.

w0Lf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:53 am 

I remember listening to Disaffected some years ago; as I recall, they were a poor man's Atheist. I'll give 'em another shot though. Thanks for the recs.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 am 

SSatanicSSatan wrote:
I asked for a resquest 1 page back but nobody replied. :( I will repeat what I said. Please recomend me something.

SSatanicSSatan wrote:
Most Pagan bands I know of play either Black or Folk Metal. I have not found many pagan Death Metal bands. I am looking for Pagan Death Metal that is not Melodic. I am not a big Melodeath fan, the only Melodeath band I regularly listen to is Amon Amarth. If folk instruments are must be used like Nile uses them. I would prefer the lyrics to be about Nordic and to a lesser degree European mythology/religion but I am fine with Pagan Death Metal that is non-European. I would prefer lyrics to be in Germanic languages but I am happy with lyricis in Slavic, Latin or even non-European languages. Recomend me any good Pagan Death Metal that is not Melodic or to Folky. I have a diverse taste in Death Metal. I love Morbid Angel, Unleashed, Bolt Thrower, Incantation and Devourment.

Bit late on this, but maybe give Helcaraxë from the States a go? Unfortunately they're not exactly pagan based, but some pretty cool stuff regardless, and they might have something for you...

My collection

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:41 am 

w0Lf wrote:
I remember listening to Disaffected some years ago; as I recall, they were a poor man's Atheist. I'll give 'em another shot though. Thanks for the recs.

I don't see many (if any) similarities to Atheist. They're more of a progressive hybrid between Nocturnus and Acheron, with a twist. If you know Portuguese band Sacred Sin and their early works you could see some parallelism between the two as well.

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 pm 

So this might be a bit of a common request, and probably one that doesn't warrant a thread of it's own. So I'm looking for death metal with melody, but not melodic death metal/gothenburg. The only two bands I can think of that meet this requirement that I currently listen to are Intestine Baalism and Amon Armath. Amon armath is melodic death metal that still sounds like death metal (that would meet this request) and intestine baalism is just OSDM with a whole bunch of melodic riffs and interludes thrown in.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am 

Evangelion2014 wrote:
So this might be a bit of a common request, and probably one that doesn't warrant a thread of it's own. So I'm looking for death metal with melody, but not melodic death metal/gothenburg. The only two bands I can think of that meet this requirement that I currently listen to are Intestine Baalism and Amon Armath. Amon armath is melodic death metal that still sounds like death metal (that would meet this request) and intestine baalism is just OSDM with a whole bunch of melodic riffs and interludes thrown in.

I asked a somewhat similar request earlier. I was recommended quite a bunch of stuff I haven't yet got around to listening to.

Firstly, let me recommend you Anata's first album. That's my personal favourite in the style. Anata's only problem is the lack of grit and rough edges that, for example, Intestine Baalism is great at. The melodies are absolutely mindblowing though; if you thought Edge of Sanity had great melodies, that one will definitely take you by surprise.

You might enjoy Omnium Gatherum's first album. It has a couple of full-blown melodeath moments and even songs, but so does Amon Amarth, to be honest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXTJdhMLCfs

Anyhow, how familiar are you with bands like Edge of Sanity, The Chasm, Lykathea Aflame, Arghoslent or Adramelech?

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:24 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Evangelion2014 wrote:

I asked a somewhat similar request earlier. I was recommended quite a bunch of stuff I haven't yet got around to listening to.

Firstly, let me recommend you Anata's first album. That's my personal favourite in the style. Anata's only problem is the lack of grit and rough edges that, for example, Intestine Baalism is great at. The melodies are absolutely mindblowing though; if you thought Edge of Sanity had great melodies, that one will definitely take you by surprise.

You might enjoy Omnium Gatherum's first album. It has a couple of full-blown melodeath moments and even songs, but so does Amon Amarth, to be honest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXTJdhMLCfs

Anyhow, how familiar are you with bands like Edge of Sanity, The Chasm, Lykathea Aflame, Arghoslent or Adramelech?

Well, full blown melodeath is fine as long as it still sounds like death metal; i.e. you're right about amon armath. I love Lykathea Aflame, The Chasm (though haven't gone through their full discography yet) and anata. Edge of sanity is kind of constantly in the big of my mind as a band I should check out, haven't listened to either argholsent (i guess because of the racist lyrics, silly thouh considering this is a genre that talks about killing children) or adramelech much at all.

As far as omnium gatherum goes, why just their first album?

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:52 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:

Here's a few bands that are death metal with some nice doses of melody, without being remotely melodeath, at least in the Gothenburg or Bodom sense.

Obscenity - 3rd Chapter -German death metal band from the 90's, very solid, very aggressive, very good.

Entrails -Swedeath in the vein of old Entombed

Desultory - Bitterness and Counting Our Scars -Swedeath infused with a lot of melody, without sounding anything like, say, In Flames. Released a comeback album relatively recently (Counting Our Scars) that harks back to their older sound a bit.

And how could I forget, Godgory? Sea of Dreams is a fantastic balance of mid-paced death metal with some great leads.

Also, since you're into Amon Amarth, have you tried King of Asgard?

Edit:
One more: Finland's Scum. Their album Purple Dreams and Magic Poems is pretty unique sounding, catchy and groovy as all Hell.

ZEROMETAL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:56 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:

This may be way off the mark (I listen to a lot of melodic DM so anything that sounds slightly less melodic would be "not melodic death/gothenburg" to my ears! :P) but I am recently enjoying a lot of Demonical. They're Swedish but (hopefully) not Gothenburg style.

Please try them out anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE3o_L_ieEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22XSJUrbJIs

Far East metal? Oh yes. Click.

Smitty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:41 pm 

Looking for groovy death metal similar to Kataklysm's Prevail album.

To The Throne of Sorrow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyVHnPBxnls
Crippled and Broken - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuGNE1GdwNI
Push The Venom - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUNc8vA1Tg
Prevail - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_J1HS_sDI

XmetaljesseX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:44 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
SSatanicSSatan wrote:

Bit late on this, but maybe give Helcaraxë from the States a go? Unfortunately they're not exactly pagan based, but some pretty cool stuff regardless, and they might have something for you...

Newest Helcaraxë out as of today is very neopagan based. It is called Children of Ygg and the whole album can be heard here: http://prometheanburn.bandcamp.com/

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:27 am 

androdion wrote:
To be honest I don't know if something like that even exists... I get what you're asking but I don't ever recall listening to any death metal like that. Maybe you could try some of the more atmospheric European stuff, like early Septicflesh or early Depresy. They have more of a "pagan/folky" atmosphere rather than direct use of instrumentation really.
Septic Flesh sounds great. Some parts sound like Classical, some like Death Metal, some like Gothic Metal. I don't listen to much Gothic metal but a few bands a pretty good. Depresy sound awesome. The earlier song I heard is solid Death Metal with some Doomy parts and the later song reminds me of Fleshgod Apocalypse.
Zodijackyl wrote:
SSatanicSatan - It's not 100% on point with what you're looking for, but if you're looking for pagan/death metal and you like AA, check out the more recent stuff by Odin's Court: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Odi ... urt/121143
Sounds like Amon Amarth worship. Sounds pretty good, but I do not love it.
CrushedRevelation wrote:
Not a Pagan band, these guys seem to be as Pagan as you can get. The music sounds good as well.

Any other recommendations ideaologically/lyrically Pagan Death Metal?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:35 am 

If you liked Depresy check out Amorbital's Invidia. They're more standard DM with melody but have a similar sound to Depresy's demo. And if you want something similar to early Septicflesh also try Horrified's debut. They have the same "early Tiamat meets classical" approach.

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:21 pm 

ZEROMETAL wrote:
Evangelion2014 wrote:

This may be way off the mark (I listen to a lot of melodic DM so anything that sounds slightly less melodic would be "not melodic death/gothenburg" to my ears! :P) but I am recently enjoying a lot of Demonical. They're Swedish but (hopefully) not Gothenburg style.

Please try them out anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE3o_L_ieEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22XSJUrbJIs

Already knew about demonical, awesome band.
BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
Evangelion2014 wrote:

Here's a few bands that are death metal with some nice doses of melody, without being remotely melodeath, at least in the Gothenburg or Bodom sense.

Obscenity - 3rd Chapter -German death metal band from the 90's, very solid, very aggressive, very good.

Desultory - Bitterness and Counting Our Scars -Swedeath infused with a lot of melody, without sounding anything like, say, In Flames. Released a comeback album relatively recently (Counting Our Scars) that harks back to their older sound a bit.

And how could I forget, Godgory? Sea of Dreams is a fantastic balance of mid-paced death metal with some great leads.

Also, since you're into Amon Amarth, have you tried King of Asgard?

Edit:
One more: Finland's Scum. Their album Purple Dreams and Magic Poems is pretty unique sounding, catchy and groovy as all Hell.

Know about king of asgard, their first album was amazing, how is their second?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:21 pm 

Hey SSatanicSSatan, just remembered that you might like Path Of Debris' The Eyes Of The Basilisk. It bares many similarities to Amon Amarth's debut and its lyrics are about European mythology. It's definitely worth a shot.

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:53 am 

SSatanicSSatan wrote:

SSatanicSSatan wrote:

Kartikeya - Russisns with a pagan vedic slant and killer atmospheric DM to boot..plus the ethnic instrument cameos. Mahayuga is the album to get.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:59 am 

Evangelion2014 wrote:
Know about king of asgard, their first album was amazing, how is their second?

I'm only just listening to it myself, and I'm not bowled over. Having said that, I am not hugely fond of Amon Amarth, so bear that in mind.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:32 am 

Looking for something quite similar to Cannibal Corpse. Fairly simple but brutal riffs, no slam. Essentially, very basic death metal with focus on catchy, but brutal riffs. No progressive stuff, no overt technicality, not overmuch doominess. The production should be good; heavy guitar tones, but if possible, no lifeless drumming. I suppose Splatterhouse comes quite close. Feel free to recommend more commercial bands aswell.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:48 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Looking for something quite similar to Cannibal Corpse. Fairly simple but brutal riffs, no slam. Essentially, very basic death metal with focus on catchy, but brutal riffs. No progressive stuff, no overt technicality, not overmuch doominess. The production should be good; heavy guitar tones, but if possible, no lifeless drumming. I suppose Splatterhouse comes quite close. Feel free to recommend more commercial bands aswell.

Perhaps CannabiS Corpse?
id also go for Entrails, from Sweden.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:

Perhaps CannabiS Corpse?
id also go for Entrails, from Sweden.

I haven't checked out Cannabis Corpse despite having been told it's quite good. Probably because of their silly gimmick. Well, thanks for reminding me of them. I'll also check out Entrails, thanks - I've heard of them, but I haven't listened to anything by them. I'm not looking for the hectic Swedish style though, so if it's anything like Entombed or Dismember it's not my thing.

More please :)

Oh yeah, and campy horror/gore imagery is a huge plus.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:

It's late and I'm rather tired but I have a couple of bands for you to check out. These won't have my usual glowing, use of words for them, coz of my tiredness, but give Baphomet, Interment and Australia's Backyard Mortuary all a go and see how they fit (or don't) you bill...

I probably (would) have more if I am not so tired.

My collection

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 am 

Thanks, three together with aaronmb666's recs is plenty for now. I'll give them a listen. Internment is somewhat familiar, but I don't own any of their albums, and I haven't really, properly listened to them.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:36 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:

Dude, check out Organ Donor. Total old school CC vibe focused on brutal riffing without being tech. Nice and gory. It's Andy and Nick's new band (ex-vocals and guitar for Cannabis Corpse respectively) - http://organdonor1.bandcamp.com/

You should also check out Necrot. They harken back to the sound when dm was a little more thrashy but have plenty of brutal riffs - http://necrot.bandcamp.com/

Give Disfigurement a shot as well. Their sound is a bit more polished but they definitely focus more on brutality than anything. Their drumming is a little more "polished" though so that might be a turn off. They rip though - http://borisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ ... f-hatred-7

Mangled go for a similar vibe as Splatterhouse (still need to send you that demo... ugh! sorry dude!) but with more thrashy parts I guess. Cool jams, reminds me of Ghoul's first record a bit which I would assume you've heard but if you haven't you definitely should - http://borisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sewer-metal-7

I'm also gonna rec Bone Sickness. They have more to do with Repulsion than Cannibal Corpse but if you don't know about them you probably should - http://inimical.bandcamp.com/

Also, I'd like to say it's rad to see someone asking for some straight up "brutal" death metal without looking for "bdm" or "slam" or whatever overly doomy slow pondering and/or weird death metal is cool right now.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:40 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:

Some of these seem obvious, but ...

Cannabis Corpse is an obvious choice. Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shalt Rise is a great album.

Monstrosity had George on vocals until 1996 and should fit the bill musically.

Deicide

Not exactly like CC, but you might enjoy something different like Bloodsoaked. Straight ahead, slightly catchy, and brutal. No frills at all if that's what you're after.

I dunno, CC borders on brutal and groovy death metal and varies from early to later releases, but is simply death metal, so you could take it in a few different directions. There are more of the first few obvious choices I posted and probably a plethora of lesser or slightly differing bands.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 am 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Dude, check out Organ Donor. Total old school CC vibe focused on brutal riffing without being tech. Nice and gory. It's Andy and Nick's new band (ex-vocals and guitar for Cannabis Corpse respectively) - http://organdonor1.bandcamp.com/

You should also check out Necrot. They harken back to the sound when dm was a little more thrashy but have plenty of brutal riffs - http://necrot.bandcamp.com/

Give Disfigurement a shot as well. Their sound is a bit more polished but they definitely focus more on brutality than anything. Their drumming is a little more "polished" though so that might be a turn off. They rip though - http://borisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ ... f-hatred-7

Mangled go for a similar vibe as Splatterhouse (still need to send you that demo... ugh! sorry dude!) but with more thrashy parts I guess. Cool jams, reminds me of Ghoul's first record a bit which I would assume you've heard but if you haven't you definitely should - http://borisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sewer-metal-7

I'm also gonna rec Bone Sickness. They have more to do with Repulsion than Cannibal Corpse but if you don't know about them you probably should - http://inimical.bandcamp.com/

Also, I'd like to say it's rad to see someone asking for some straight up "brutal" death metal without looking for "bdm" or "slam" or whatever overly doomy slow pondering and/or weird death metal is cool right now.

Cheers, you clearly know your stuff. Oh yeah, you recommended Splatterhouse to me originally - many thanks for that.

ld50: Thanks, but I'm familiar with all but Bloodsoaked. Earlier Deicide is somewhat close, but the atmosphere is quite different, and Deicide never achieved that same degree of heaviness as Cannibal Corpse (same as Monstrosity, unless their later albums I've not heard are different in that sense).

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Cheers, you clearly know your stuff. Oh yeah, you recommended Splatterhouse to me originally - many thanks for that.

No problem dude, always happy to spread the word on them, band was sooooooo good... wish they wouldn't have split up!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

truefail
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 am 

I don't know have this question already been answered but...
Can you advise me some melodic death metal, that can be called really DEATH metal, or simply with good hard riffs, but also with the good melodic basis. Something like "slaughter of the soul" of at the gates or "burning bridges" of arch enemy.
p.s. I've forgotten to say about one thing - blast-beats are desirable, though not very important.

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:24 pm 

androdion wrote:
If you liked Depresy check out Amorbital's Invidia. They're more standard DM with melody but have a similar sound to Depresy's demo. And if you want something similar to early Septicflesh also try Horrified's debut. They have the same "early Tiamat meets classical" approach.
Sounds nice. Both bands are Slovak. Is there a Slovak scene in with more bands with such a sound?
androdion wrote:
Hey SSatanicSSatan, just remembered that you might like Path of Debris ' The Eyes Of The Basilisk. It bares many similarities to Amon Amarth's debut and its lyrics are about European mythology. It's definitely worth a shot.
Sounds good. Reminds me of Amon Amarth and to a lesser degree Unleashed.
suleiman wrote:
Kartikeya - Russisns with a pagan vedic slant and killer atmospheric DM to boot..plus the ethnic instrument cameos. Mahayuga is the album to get.

These guys sound awesome. I heard their Shakira cover and its surprisingly good. Genrally metal covers of popular music suck ass but this cover actually sounds like a metal song.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:45 pm 

truefail wrote:
I don't know have this question already been answered but...
Can you advise me some melodic death metal, that can be called really DEATH metal, or simply with good hard riffs, but also with the good melodic basis. Something like "slaughter of the soul" of at the gates or "burning bridges" of arch enemy.
p.s. I've forgotten to say about one thing - blast-beats are desirable, though not very important.

If you scroll up a bit, you'll see mine and other's responses to an identical request. Most of what I posted there should suit you -except maybe Entrails and Obscenity, but I'd also add Garden of Shadows and The Absence, based on what you listen to already. Both are some of the finest examples of American melodic death metal to boot, for what that's worth.

Last edited by BaloroftheEvilEye on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:11 pm 

SSatanicSSatan wrote:
androdion wrote:
Sounds nice. Both bands are Slovak. Is there a Slovak scene in with more bands with such a sound?
androdion wrote:
Hey SSatanicSSatan, just remembered that you might like Path of Debris ' The Eyes Of The Basilisk. It bares many similarities to Amon Amarth's debut and its lyrics are about European mythology. It's definitely worth a shot.
Sounds good. Reminds me of Amon Amarth and to a lesser degree Unleashed.

Glad I could be of help. ;)

I spent some time exploring the Slovakian scene, but most bands date from before the turn of the millennium and many have only released music on tape. That makes them pretty much impossible to find nowadays. Invidia was released on System Shock (if memory serves) and I had the luck of finding it on a CD booth at Hellfest for 5€. Suffice to say it was a great purchase. There is one other Slovakian band that has some international recognition, Lunatic Gods. They're pretty weird and far out, remind me a bit of the more experimental Czech bands. Apart from that I couldn't find much more that was interesting. Oh, there's also Protest but that's pretty much run of the mill brutal stuff. Not bad but hardly mind-blowing.

truefail
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:50 am 

BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
If you scroll up a bit, you'll see mine and other's responses to an identical request. Most of what I posted there should suit you -except maybe Entrails and Obscenity, but I'd also add Garden of Shadows and The Absence, based on what you listen to already. Both are some of the finest examples of American melodic death metal to boot, for what that's worth.

I thank you for that you answered my post, but I don't want to read all posts, which can be not about mdm at all. Because it's not mdm topic :(
I need just 4-5 names of bands that are suitable for my requirements more than others.
p.s. The Absence didn't impress me, but Garden of Shadows are quite good :)

Rowolta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:39 am 

Aikanaro wrote:
Any Brutal Death Metal bands out there a long the lines of Dyscarnate? Something Brutal, yet not overly technical, with growls and not broken toilet diarrhea vomiting pig squealing sounding vocals.

Try some polish albums e.g
Pyorrhoea - The Eleventh: Thou Shalt Be My Slave

Lost Soul - Immerse in Infinity

Dyscarnates sound also remind me of these albums
Malevolent Creation - The Will to Kill

Misery Index - Traitors

Hateplow - The Only Law is Survival (members of Malevolent Creation)

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:52 pm 

truefail wrote:
I thank you for that you answered my post, but I don't want to read all posts, which can be not about mdm at all. Because it's not mdm topic :(
I need just 4-5 names of bands that are suitable for my requirements more than others.
p.s. The Absence didn't impress me, but Garden of Shadows are quite good :)

Here's my earlier post, edited slightly. I aso want to throw Empyrean Sky into the pile, but that may be a bit too progressive for what you're looking for.

Quote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 289  Next