Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:48 pm 

"The most extreme tour of the year has returned with its most devastating and anticipated line-up yet. The 7th annual Summer Slaughter Tour, presented by Indie Merch Store, ESP and Guitar World, is now officially slated to run from July 19th through August 24th. It features such heavyweights as The Dillinger Escape Plan, Animals As Leaders, Periphery, Norma Jean, Cattle Decapitation, The Ocean, Revocation, Aeon and two bands TBA. Stay tuned over the coming weeks for official tour dates to be announced."

Well, the lineup fucking blows if you ask me- but what are your thoughts in this new shit Djent/metalcore show. With the exception of two shitty death metal bands Aeon and Revocation, they seem dead set on wiping death metal out from their dates.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:58 pm 

Even I found this to be pretty wack, but overall I'm sure it'll be a great show. Not into the techy skronk-core that DEP and Norma Jean play, but I know they're popular, established bands that have been around the block so I'm sure they'll be a force to be reckoned with live. Animals as Leaders surprises me because I thought they were more on the rock end of djent rather than the metal one: more akin to Cloudkicker than Veil of Maya. But hey, Periphery were awesome last year, I personally love the Ocean and Revocation, and Cattle Dee and Aeon should hopefully be brutal live.

All in all, it's something different but I'm down. It's so weird to imagine a SS lineup without one single legit deathcore or tech death band, but here it is. The staggering amount of butthurt already present in the comments of metal blogs announcing this is hilarious too.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:01 pm 

WOW. This is literally THE most boring lineup they've ever had.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:38 am 

The only three bands that have any place on this tour are Cattle Decapitation, Revocation, and Aeon. The others have no business even thinking about being on here.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Electric Torture
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 pm 

Besides Norma Jean, this is a pretty decent lineup. Not exactly extreme besides Revocation, Aeon and Cattle Decapitation, but definitely some decent bands on here. I'm sure this really turns up flat compared to some of the other tech-death and whatnot lineups this tour has had before, but that doesn't mean this is a bad lineup AT ALL.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:40 pm 

"the most extreme tour of the year" :argue:

I'd like to see Cattle Decap and The Ocean but come on, this is getting way too trendy. I mean, it's supposed to be a metal tour, right?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:33 am 

Metantoine wrote:
"the most extreme tour of the year" :argue:

Exactly. Where the fuck are all the unreadable logos? :nono:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:44 pm 

I'd love to see The Dillinger Escape Plan again but every other band on this bill is terrible with the exception of Aeon.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:37 pm 

Aeon would be excellent, but I doubt I can pay for the 'pleasure' of wading through the other 70% of the tour's crap bands. Cattle Decapitation and Revocation would be fine along with Aeon (who should be headlining!), but why oh why so many trendy, nu-metal, djenty lamecore bands? Terrible management in place putting together this tour. :brick:

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 am 

I agree it's not the most extreme show, but as for the lineup, it's honestly not a bad lineup (except Norma Jean because I just don't care for that style). But what's more hilarious is the people on the Facebook group SS page, people are acting moronic about this.

symbolic1188
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:26 am 

Love Dillinger, dislike everyone else. AAL might be the worst band in existence. It could use a few metal bands for sure, but I guess this is what sells.

luxul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:46 pm 

Only 3 of those bands are obviously "extreme." What a sick joke of a tour. :nono:

SUMMER LAUGHTER TOUR 2013

Reply to topic