Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
lsid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:12 pm 

About a year ago I purchased what I thought was an original second hand self titlled Burzum album. This is the press with the Voice of Wonders address but no Burzum address.

The matrixes on the sides are MOSH 002-A HC3873161 and MOSH 002-B HC3873161which I'm pretty sure is right. My question though, and what I have been reading lately, is that the inside of the cover should be black for the pressing with Voice Of Wonders address and white inside the cover for the pressing with Burzum's address. I have just checked the inside of my cover now and it is not black.

Can anyone who owns the originals, and are 100% sure they are originals, confirm this information?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 pm 

MOSH = Earache, it may just be under license from Voice Of Wonder?
Any chance of some photos?

lsid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:43 pm 

Yeah I will get some photos up tomorrow. I am assuming that MOSH 002 is a shortened version for ANTI-MOSH 002.

http://www.discogs.com/Burzum-Burzum/release/463014

Discogs seems to confirm that the matrixes are accurate but it does not mention about the inside of the cover. I noticed on Neseblod Records, in their rarities section, that they state that the original version has white inside the cover, and the second version with black inside the cover. Not saying that their word is gospel or anything but I did a little checking on ebay previous auctions and it has also been mentioned but not everytime.

lsid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 pm 

Right so here are a few photos of the copy that I have. The little mark on the top right of the cover is a small rip from a price tag. My photographic skills are pretty shit and excuse the clutter in the background. I have also done a photo of the inside of the cover...as you can see it is gray not black. If you zoom in to the photos of the vinyl you should be able to see the etching of the matrixes.

I actually rechecked on popsike for auctions and most of them don't mention anything about the inside of the cover. Perhaps it's much ado about nothing, but I'm just very curious to know what is exactly genuine and what is not. Here are the photos...I have had to link them as they will be too large to display in the thread.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6137/pict0474p.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3876/pict0479y.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7126/pict0482m.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9108/pict0487w.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7936/pict0484n.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5325/pict0490o.jpg

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:51 pm 

Considering the metric shitton of Burzum bootlegs that populate the market I wanted to ask how safe it is to buy this version of the album. Are the bootlegs made primarily for the first press or are also digipak bootlegs of this version?

lsid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:01 pm 

androdion wrote:
Considering the metric shitton of Burzum bootlegs that populate the market I wanted to ask how safe it is to buy this version of the album. Are the bootlegs made primarily for the first press or are also digipak bootlegs of this version?

I'm not sure about digipak bootlegs for Hvist Lyset, but there are a good few boots attempting to mimic the original jewel case version. This thread for me was valuable when I got around to purchasing my copy which I'm pretty sure is an original: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=93255

krakhuul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:11 am 

I'm not really certain this is the best topic to post my question, but considering that this forum is almost exclusively discussion oriented I think it'd be a bit redundant just to open a separate topic for what essentially isn't really a discussion :D

Anyway, I have a couple of retail bought CDs on the underside of which I've noticed parts of the edge that are a bit uneven:

Image taken from discogs btw. But my CD, which is only 1 year old, has similar uneven parts at the edge.

So, does this have anything to do with that scary "CD rot" thing? Does it affect playability in any way? What is it? :D I'm a bit rusty when it comes to CD knowledge.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by krakhuul on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 am 

krakhuul wrote:
So, does this have anything to do with that scary "CD rot" thing? Does it affect playability in any way? What is it? :D I'm a bit rusty when it comes to CD knowledge.

Not, that's not bit rot. Bit rot is not so good looking, it look almost like mold with an uneven, kind of organic, spread (sometimes in dots, lines or larger areas). What you have in that CD is a manufacturing particularity, nothing to worry about.

It shouldn't affect playability unless it gets into the playable area (turn the CD around, check from the inner to the outer)

krakhuul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:36 am 

Thank you very much :)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:00 pm 

Disciples Of Mockery - Prelude To Apocalypse
The original has a red jewel case?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:06 pm 

Disc rot can get really heinous man, I have a couple of [almost] totally rooted units :grumble:

Tormented666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:38 pm 

anyone have the matrix for Merciless - treasures within Remaster Black Lodge and Necrony - Poserslaughter classics remasters?

thx
magnus

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 pm 

I'm trying to figure out if my cassette copy of Deathcult For Eternity by The Chasm is a bootleg. Matrix is CSOz006. The booklet and cassette look pro, it's supposedly released by Oz, everything looks legit, but I can't find any mention of a cassette release of this album on here or Discogs. I've seen this version mentioned on The Metal Crypt website, but its weird that no other website seems to acknowledge it's existence. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:10 pm 

ThrashingMad wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if my cassette copy of Deathcult For Eternity by The Chasm is a bootleg. Matrix is CSOz006. The booklet and cassette look pro, it's supposedly released by Oz, everything looks legit, but I can't find any mention of a cassette release of this album on here or Discogs. I've seen this version mentioned on The Metal Crypt website, but its weird that no other website seems to acknowledge it's existence. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would assume there's an official tape version of it, especially considering that tapes were still common in the Mexican market at that time. But maybe you could just email and ask the band or the label.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:17 pm 

There's actually a phone number on the booklet, maybe I'll try that. It's definitely likely that there was a tape release, it's just strange to me that I can't find info on it on Discogs.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:21 pm 

Discogs is like anywhere else, if nobody adds the info it's not going to be there.
I add things there all the time that don't exist, actually I'm adding something right now, my 3rd today in fact :nods:

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
Discogs is like anywhere else, if nobody adds the info it's not going to be there.
I add things there all the time that don't exist, actually I'm adding something right now, my 3rd today in fact :nods:

This seems dishonest :lol:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:44 pm 

HA! that came out wrong :p

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm 

The first vinyl version of Silencer - Death, Pierce Me was limited to 200 copies. Does anyone know if it was bootlegged? I've seen it show up at Greek sellers lately, and I've learned not to trust Greek sellers (sorry to all the honest Greek sellers that are out there afterall).

jgarci12
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:35 am 

Ok, got a question about my copy of Bolt Thrower-The IVth Crusade.

I don't know why, but on "Where Next To Conquer," there's a skip at 03:24, and the song's total length is 4:11.

Anyone else know anything about this?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:39 am 

What do you mean by a skip? is it a CD or LP or mp3?
You might want to post the catalogue number and/or matrix so people can compare the same versions.

Edit: no skip on mine and it plays to 3:47
http://www.discogs.com/Bolt-Thrower-The-IVth-Crusade/release/385500

Last edited by dreadmeat on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jgarci12
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 am 

It's a CD. "Where Next to Conquer" has a length of 03:50, but on my CD, its length is 04:11. At 03:24, Karl is singing "where next..." and then he's singing "mankind's journey" right after that.

The back says "MOSH 70," then below that:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 am 

Chuck it in your computer and rip it then open it up with Audacity and take a look at it.
Could be a mispress or mastering error, it's not some weirdo Russian version is it?

jgarci12
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:04 am 

It's the US version with "Crown of Life" and "Lament."

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
Edit: no skip on mine and it plays to 3:47

Ditto, give or take a couple of seconds.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 am 

Does anyone know how the recent Russian bootleg of Morbid Sanint - Spectrum of Death (Grindcore Records) differs from the original version? Probably the matrix code. Just noticed that there are new swamps of bootlegs coming from there such as:

Grinder
Angel Dust
Protector
Death Angel
+ more
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:12 pm 

I believe the Morbid Saint bootleg is so new that none of the 'trustees' have had a chance to examin it yet.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:37 pm 

Asti78 wrote:
Does anyone know how the recent Russian bootleg of Morbid Sanint - Spectrum of Death (Grindcore Records) differs from the original version? Probably the matrix code. Just noticed that there are new swamps of bootlegs coming from there such as:

Grinder
Angel Dust
Protector
Death Angel
+ more

Morbid Saint bootleg is on ebay now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Morbid-Saint-Sp ... 27d03cf907

I compared that picture with the original Grindcore version I have:

There might be a difference in matrix, but I can't tell now. But there's another obvious difference: The area near the inner hole of the cd. My original copy has a black label side that covers everything from outer circle to inner ring. The Russian boot is also black, but there's a transparent/non-black ring seperating the playable part with the inner ring, if you know what I mean.

DARKZSOU7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:03 pm 

jgarci12 wrote:
It's a CD. "Where Next to Conquer" has a length of 03:50, but on my CD, its length is 04:11. At 03:24, Karl is singing "where next..." and then he's singing "mankind's journey" right after that.

The back says "MOSH 70," then below that:

You're not the only one, same thing happens with my CD which was bought directly from the Earache label so im pretty sure we both have an official release that are probably part of recent error pressing.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:09 pm 

Feel free to add it to Discogs, I bet other people have it too :thumbsup:

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 am 

Hi there!
I need help about a planned purchase on amazon.it

Morgoth 'Cursed to live' cd
Suffocation 'Close of a chapter' cd

sometimes Amazon send a Century Media and Relapse licensed version of Icarus Music from Argentina.

To avoid the risk of being delivered to home the licensed version and taking the fact that Amazon will not tell me why is the version of the CD that I'm going to buy, I wanted to ask if possible, if there are licensed versions of the two CDs I listed above.

Please note that I have already search on Discogs and there are no licensed versions.

Thank you!

"You make it easy."

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:31 am 

I don't recall Amazon itself ever doing that (just check the label on the product details).

Third party sellers do that all of the time, had some returned, some refunded, but have since stopped bothering because they're cheap enough and I'm already expecting it. Why don't you ask the seller what's the label and catalog number?

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:20 am 

japc wrote:
I don't recall Amazon itself ever doing that (just check the label on the product details).

Third party sellers do that all of the time, had some returned, some refunded, but have since stopped bothering because they're cheap enough and I'm already expecting it. Why don't you ask the seller what's the label and catalog number?

Hello and thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately amazon.it sent me a cd Icarus licensed from Century Media (Death 'Leprosy').
Third party sellers if you ask what is the label of the CD they will respond vaguely that it can not check for sure.
The only solution I have is to risk and then maybe ask for a refund when a cd is licensed.
But it's still a hassle... I hope that cheap price does not mean always Icarus' licensed cd :puke:

"You make it easy."

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 am 

The Lions Den wrote:
But it's still a hassle... I hope that cheap price does not mean always Icarus' licensed cd :puke:

If it's new it probably means that. Or maybe not Icarus but Scarecrow or other South American label. Or maybe those are just cheap, they could be.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:02 am 

Devildriver 'Pray for villains' cd

Do you know any South American licensed version of this? Please help me, THX!

"You make it easy."

stillborn_
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:41 pm 

does anyone know of any recent dark angel - we have arrived bootlegs?

brain hammer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:53 pm 

Years ago I bought Morbid Angel "Blessed Are The Sick" brand new on CD. This was probably around 1996 or 1997. When I opened it up, it looked like the disc was wrong - and I mistakenly got "Sleep's Holy Mountain" instead. When I played this disc, it was indeed Morbid Angel "Blessed Are The Sick" - just pressed with the wrong disc artwork.

Did anyone else ever encounter this one? Was this a pressing mistake that Morbid Angel, Sleep, or Earache Records ever addressed?

Thanks, not sure where to post this.

LifeDemise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 am 

So I just got A Blaze In The Northern Sky. Was expecting the black disc version but nope was the white! Just from reading some sites it's not the rarest of cds but seems to go for a silly price and there seems to be a lot of bootlegs around so need someone to tell me if this is legit.

Spoiler: show

Scanner is not working and I can't really show the back, but matrix is "VILECD 28 MPO 01 @@".

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:02 am 

LifeDemise wrote:
So I just got A Blaze In The Northern Sky. Was expecting the black disc version but nope was the white! Just from reading some sites it's not the rarest of cds but seems to go for a silly price and there seems to be a lot of bootlegs around so need someone to tell me if this is legit.

Scanner is not working and I can't really show the back, but matrix is "VILECD 28 MPO 01 @@".

Hmm, maybe you got lucky. Compare to this one: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2624225

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:08 pm 

$320?! ha ha whoah :eek:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 65  Next