Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:38 pm 

Quote:
KVELERTAK - MEIR (Out March 2013, date TBC)

ÅPENBARING
A feather clad man breaks into your skull. He has such sights to show you!

SPRING FRA LIVET
When the walls of life are closing in, you best run for the hills!

TREPAN
Trepanning is a surgical intervention in which a hole is drilled into the human skull, releasing evil spirits.

BRUANE BRENN
Burn the bridges, kill the jailer, live life on the run!

EVIG VANDRAR
An unholy pact has doomed this man to walk the earth until the end of time.

SNILEPISK
This dark tyrants whip is made of hair and flesh. He will leave scars across the land.

MÅNELYST
In the cold light of the moon you become possessed by evil.

NEKROKOSMOS
A green meteor of iron strikes the graveyard. An intergalactic traveller won't leave until everything around him is dead.

UNDERTRO
Nothing matters. We're not even a grain of sand in Cosmos.

TORDENBRAK
There is a storm coming. All you can do is pray!

KVELERTAK
Like the Asgardsreia we will have all the mortals in our way join our cavalcade.

So that's the tracklisting with some cool descriptions of the songs. The single Bruane Brenn can be checked out here.

Well I am extremely stoked. I've listened to their self-titled over 300 times so it's gonna be nice to finally get more music from them and it seems like they aren't going to disappoint.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm 

The chorus makes me want to do the Carlton dance. Yes, I'm very excited indeed!

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 pm 

Didn't expect anything less from these guys, the song sounds incredibly cool. I've got high hopes for this album.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 pm 

I love the first album, and this sounds great. Can't wait to hear the other songs.

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 pm 

those descriptions are really bad ass, i also have great expectations on this band, i recently re-discovered how much i love their first album so im excited.

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 am 

Isn't this supposed to somehow be a concept album on Golda Meir? Weird. The descriptions don't say much but I'm very excited for this. Their self-titled album was awesome.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:27 am 

FrizzySkernip wrote:
Isn't this supposed to somehow be a concept album on Golda Meir? Weird. The descriptions don't say much but I'm very excited for this. Their self-titled album was awesome.

No. I'm pretty sure that was a joke and that meir means more in Norwegian.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 am 

I dunno, didn't it sound like something off their debut album? That's how I felt during the verse. The chorus was markedly different though. Towards the end, it had a strong rock n roll vibe with the Lynard Skynard-ish solo at the end. I hope the new album delivers.

wire_forest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm 

Really like this band, so really excited for this release. The new song that is streaming seems up my street as well, so it is looking good at the mo.

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:06 pm 

Cancer band.

[User has been suspended for this post, due to repeated warnings from previously obnoxious posts]

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm 

FrizzySkernip wrote:

LOL :) I love the first album but I was a bit let down by the single. Hopefully it will grow on me though. And still, Meir is one of the albums I look forward to the most this year.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 pm 

vengefulgoat wrote:
Cancer band.

Do you really have nothing more to say? I don't mind you disliking the band, but this is just immature.

I hope they maintained most of their black metal influence. There is no black metal to be found in the single, apart from the vocals, but I guess they wanted a super catchy ear catcher.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
vengefulgoat wrote:
Cancer band.

Do you really have nothing more to say? I don't mind you disliking the band, but this is just immature.

I hope they maintained most of their black metal influence. There is no black metal to be found in the single, apart from the vocals, but I guess they wanted a super catchy ear catcher.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as there were no black metal influences in the singles off the s/t like Blodtorst or Mjod but Ulvetid, Liktorn, and plenty others on the album did. Maybe it'll be easier to tell if you compare Bruane Brenn's description to the other ones.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm 

Sorry for the double post but for those wondering if the black metal influences are still present check out this live video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz0BDafNiAw

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:06 am 

It was announced today that Kvelertak was signed to Roadrunner Records. Kinda has me worried considering how Roadrunner has a history of killing bands.

chemicalcoma
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:16 am 

I gotta be honest...i recently started listening to these guys...not really sure how to take them

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 am 

Adriankat wrote:
It was announced today that Kvelertak was signed to Roadrunner Records. Kinda has me worried considering how Roadrunner has a history of killing bands.

At least it won't affect this album. This signing will certainly help the band in terms of promotion and distribution of the new cd.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 am 

Mediocre at best, but that doesn't mean they aren't a fun band.

Metalmeistermms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 pm 

The new single is ok, but not spectacular to me. I am however looking forward to this as the first album was great.
Awaiting our reign

Pfuntner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:51 pm 

The single didn't do a ton for me, but I didn't "get" their debut album until I saw how much that material was live, so I'm sure that this song will probably work the same way.

oneinfinity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm 

Here's another live video of one of the new songs, this one with good quality, since it's a professional recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApcZiOZ_s1k

Sounds great to me, I'm really looking forward to the new album.

Wrong.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 pm 

Artwork has been posted.

It's been done by John Baizely of Baroness. I understand that they're maintaining a similar theme but I just wished they tried something else.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:14 pm 

Art looks good, not surprised they went with Baizley again.

NOT stoked on hearing they signed to Roadrunner but I can't say I'm that surprised, one large label or another was bound to scoop them up. Hopefully it won't negatively impact their sound.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:17 pm 

I like the art but... is she seriously being shat on by pigeons?

Bruane Brenn is catchy shit though, looking forward to hearing this new Kvelertak. Their debut kicks ass!

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:44 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Artwork has been posted.

It's been done by John Baizely of Baroness. I understand that they're maintaining a similar theme but I just wished they tried something else.

It kind of just looks like a Baroness cover. Whereas their first album looked like their own style of Baizley's art. It's missing owls IMO.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 pm 

Pretty much most of his artwork is pretty samey (although I do really dig the style). And I do agree that the cover for their first album is amazing.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:37 am 

MGSX666 wrote:
shouvince wrote:

It kind of just looks like a Baroness cover. Whereas their first album looked like their own style of Baizley's art. It's missing owls IMO.

YES! Owls were their trademark in my opinion. It could've been their "Eddy" if they continued with that theme.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm 

*bump*

Music video for 'Bruane Brenn'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UYEqAORdcU

Spoiler: show
I thought it was pretty cool. They could've done without the whole air-guitar-band-lip-sync jam in the trailer-truck though. Also, I want that owl-head-gear! :-D

Metalmeistermms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:36 pm 

oneinfinity wrote:
Here's another live video of one of the new songs, this one with good quality, since it's a professional recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApcZiOZ_s1k

Well that one did kick ass. This is what made the first album so good imo. Overall Rock&Roll vibe, great intensity, some "extreme" parts and some nice licks / solo's all cramped into a song that still is a song. Anticipation for the new album rises!!

Oh, and I agree that the artwork sucks monkeydick.
Awaiting our reign

Octodecillion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:13 pm 

Metalmeistermms wrote:
oneinfinity wrote:

Well that one did kick ass. This is what made the first album so good imo. Overall Rock&Roll vibe, great intensity, some "extreme" parts and some nice licks / solo's all cramped into a song that still is a song. Anticipation for the new album rises!!

Oh, and I agree that the artwork sucks monkeydick.

Agreeing with who exactly? No one even said it sucked.

Metalmeistermms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm 

Octodecillion wrote:
Agreeing with who exactly? No one even said it sucked.

Hmm, reading back it does seems like nobody actually did say the artwork sucked.... It does however, don't you agree ;-)?
Awaiting our reign

soverysorry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 pm 

Awesome, cant wait, etc. I love all their shit but I wish they had more songs like Mjod, that song is amazing.

Also, did anyone else discover Kvelertak through that (GOD AWFUL SHIT) film "Troll Hunter"?

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 am 

I knew of the band before seeing the movie but I remember hearing them during it. Possibly one of the reasons which made it bearable. But I have to admit, the movie was so bad that it made me laugh. Those forest trolls were made from terrible CGI.

123matt321
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jB16MhTFXk

The editors of the UK magazine Metal Hammer host a weekly podcast, which is also posted on YouTube, divided into convenient sections. In the clip above, they devote the first eight and a half minutes to an in-depth, thoughtful discussion of the new Kvelertak album Meir, which is definitely worth your attention. They discuss the similarities between Meir and the band's 2010 self-titled debut, but also analyze the many ways the band has grown and evolved between albums. Check it out!

Kvelertak frontman Erlend Hjelvik was interviewed by AOL's Noisecreep on Friday; the piece is online now. Erlend talks about signing with Roadrunner, what he thinks is the key to the band's appeal, the lyrics on their forthcoming album Meir, and much more.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2013/02/11/kv ... interview/

This is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. I grabbed a pre-order from:
http://www.rhinorecords.ca/shop/product ... KMT-B.aspx

123matt321
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 pm 

Kvelertak hitting the road with Cancer Bats and Black Tusk. Should be a party.

Pick up pre-orders of Meir here:
http://ca.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/kv ... r-live-now

123matt321
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:52 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GnAikzqK_2I

Singer Erlend Hjelvik and guitarist Vidar Landa of Norwegian rock 'n' roll maniacs Kvelertak recently stopped by our New York offices and sat for interviews on a variety of subjects. In the clip above, they discussed how they came to sign with Roadrunner, and talk about some of their favorite Roadrunner acts, past and present, including some they've shared stages with.

Pre-order the new album on itunes here -> https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/meir/id597097843

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 pm 

"Spring Fra Livet"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/ ... beat-party

Another new song released by these guys. I think the band is getting slightly predictable but it's still a fun track. I have a weakness for bluesy riffs.

123matt321
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:08 pm 

So, Kvelertak has a lot to live up to. The first track released off Meir was great. Then Metalsucks trashed the album, which admittedly worried me. To be honest this song is different but has a certain flair that I really enjoy. My hopes are up, especially since it was one of the songs Metalsucks attacked. Czech it out:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/ ... beat-party

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:12 pm 

123matt321 wrote:
Kvelertak hitting the road with Cancer Bats and Black Tusk. Should be a party.

Spoiler: show

Pick up pre-orders of Meir here:
http://ca.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/kv ... r-live-now

If you remove the birds, you have a very different album cover.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:42 pm 

^ :lol: porno-black n' roll.

123matt, I had already posted the link the previous post. Anyway, the fact that metalsucks bashed it, is reason enough to be curious about how bad it actually was. Sometimes it's decent material that they're bashing (or vice versa) because they're trendwhores.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next