Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm 

Krav wrote:
I really dig the tracks that have been released for this, but minimum order of 14 euros + shipping = ~30 USD for a tape... What the fuck? I've bought DLPs from overseas for less than this... Too bad there's no distribution outside Prophecy either.

Its pretty sad really to see they are making such a cash grab out of this, its a fucking joke. As I said before I will hold for the cd but what would stop them putting a crazy price on this format also. If they do I would think it would be a double edged sword as people will download the shit out of it.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:49 pm 

I hope that won't be the case and this tape will remain a single occurrence of hype economics. Prophecy has always been a great label, I would hate to see them turn to shit out of sheer greed.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Headless420
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 pm 

Really looking forward to this. Both Paysage d'Hiver and Darkspace are the two of the greatest when it comes to evoking atmosphere.

I recommend newcomers to Paysage d'Hiver start with the S/T release and Winterkalte.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 am 

Krav wrote:
I really dig the tracks that have been released for this, but minimum order of 14 euros + shipping = ~30 USD for a tape... What the fuck? I've bought DLPs from overseas for less than this... Too bad there's no distribution outside Prophecy either.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, I was considering grabbing this when it comes out, but the high price of the tape and even higher minimum order price is ridiculous.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Anything other than "Ewig Leuchten die Sterne" yet? That one's been online for quite a while now, and it's really good. Wasn't sure if it was actually going to make it onto the album, though.

Aha, no. I said tracks because I thought I remembered listening to a different song on youtube with the same album cover but I can't find it anymore or any mention of there being a second track. Not sure what it was I listened to before... :oh shit:

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
Krav wrote:

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, I was considering grabbing this when it comes out, but the high price of the tape and even higher minimum order price is ridiculous.

Paysage d'Hiver releases have always been pricey. This is nothing new.

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:56 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Paysage d'Hiver releases have always been pricey. This is nothing new.

Yes, though this is more so, especially since it's limited to Prophecy. I can get the A5 CD reissues for the same price as this tape from Mercenary Musik (maybe less, Mercenary doesn't have a place to calculate shipping). Also, all of Prophecy's tapes right now are similar to this in price.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:21 am 

I'v just recently discovered "Kristall & Isa" and really enjoy it ,i am really looking forward to getting into both of these other album's

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:13 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:
I'v just recently discovered "Kristall & Isa" and really enjoy it ,i am really looking forward to getting into both of these other album's

Not just both bro, you have another 8 full albums you can check out. The self titled is probably the best place to start.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:18 am 

STORMM wrote:
bloodycumshit wrote:

Not just both bro, you have another 8 full albums you can check out. The self titled is probably the best place to start.

Really !! farrrrk ,will have to get amongst it

Vindigo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:36 am 

Why no one mentioned Schattengang? Gorgeous in its crushing hypnotic brutality!
Also tracks from splits with Lunar Aurora and Vinterriket are fvkin great too.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:13 pm 

Vindigo wrote:

how do lunar aurora compare? i tunes keep recommending them to me

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:08 pm 

I might be a dumbass for asking this but why are all the band's releases "demos"? Don't they have enough material in them to qualify as full-length albums?

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:43 pm 

bloodycumshit wrote:
Vindigo wrote:

how do lunar aurora compare? i tunes keep recommending them to me

Lunar Aurora are fantastic also though much cleaner and clearer sound and production wise. Just give Andacht a listen and you will be sold.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 am 

Lunar Aurora are fairly good, Andacht being probably their best release, but I'd have to say Paysage d'Hiver is in a different class entirely. PdH simply defines atmosphere. LA certainly have their merits and they're definitely above average, but there's something about their catalogue that doesn't seem to grab me, even though I occasionally go back to it to see if there's something I'm missing. Some abstract factor in their songwriting holds it back for me.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:28 am 

Well along with a shit load of Paysage d'Hiver, i'm going to have to check them out. Im really digging this atmospheric black metal stuff at the moment.

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 am 

Got a second offer on Schattengang accepted and will be getting it for £25 + P&P for the A5 CD.....am chuffed!

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:21 pm 

SleepingStar wrote:
Got a second offer on Schattengang accepted and will be getting it for £25 + P&P for the A5 CD.....am chuffed!

You done well tracking that one down SleepingStar, it the self titled and Die Festung seem to be the rarest, glad I have the other two in my collection ;)

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:47 pm 

well I bought Die Festung off the trading forum here for the same price, which just leaves the self titled to obtain of the rare releases......never seen it available anywhere though, even for a ridiculous price...

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:44 am 

SleepingStar wrote:
well I bought Die Festung off the trading forum here for the same price, which just leaves the self titled to obtain of the rare releases......never seen it available anywhere though, even for a ridiculous price...

I bought those two as soon as they were released, not knowing how rare they would become. Only thing was I was not careful opening the black printed envelope they come in, badly ripping it open only to realise they were printed on also :( ah well they still keep the digipak itself in good order.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am 

Sweet Jesus, I've been waiting for this release ever since it's supposedly been completed (which is apparently 3 years ago). Ewig Leuchten Die Sterne sounds like a complete winner to me, especially with the return to the black metal style. There's no way this album won't succeed expectations, Wintherr is simply a master of atmosphere. The music isn't terribly complicated, but it's no more complicated than it needs to be. Love the rich and enchanting sounds achieved with his acoustic guitar and violin.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 pm 

t1337Dude wrote:
Ewig Leuchten Die Sterne sounds like a complete winner to me, especially with the return to the black metal style.

Could you please enlighten me on this.The album i have been listening "Kristall & Isa" sounds black metal enough ,but i remember youtubing some song's at random that sounded quiet a bit different.

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 pm 

Die Festung and Einsamkeit have more ambient passages and both happen to be my favourite releases - definitely worth checking out.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 pm 

Awesome! I've been listening to the self titled a lot lately. Fuck, I wish I had more money to buy records and stuff. Tony, if you haven't checked it out already, I think you'd really dig it, especially considering the similarities between PD'H and a lot of QCBM bands.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:56 pm 

I've got Die Festung, the s/t, Kristall & Isa, Schattengang, and Kerker in the A5 CD form. I still very much need to get the others. I paid $25 a piece for those, but I don't regret a penny of that. The packaging is amazing, and the music is even better, and this is from a guy normally bored to tears over ambient black metal. Wintherr is just THAT GOOD.

Das Tor? Hell yeah I need that. Can't play cassettes over here, so as soon as that's on CD, I'm grabbing it.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:
t1337Dude wrote:
Ewig Leuchten Die Sterne sounds like a complete winner to me, especially with the return to the black metal style.

Could you please enlighten me on this.The album i have been listening "Kristall & Isa" sounds black metal enough ,but i remember youtubing some song's at random that sounded quiet a bit different.

Einsamkeit, the last demo, was a dominantly ambient album. Paysage D'Hiver experimented with this style previously on Die Festung. They're enjoyable in their own right, but I bask in the neverending blast beats of his other work.

Paysage dHiver
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:31 am 

I personaly like the new demo very much. Very hypnotic, catchy and strong atmosphere.
Ewig Leuchten Die Sterne is truly the top track of Das Tor.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 am 

Still waiting for the A5! Hopefully it wont take long to to follow.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:30 am 

STORMM wrote:
Still waiting for the A5! Hopefully it wont take long to to follow.

Just listened to one song today, not the best moment because I have an enormous headache hahaha, anyway its a good song but I still prefer Darkspace.

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 pm 

it's actually rather impressive on first listen, some have said it sounds quite similar to Darkspace in places which I can kinda hear....just a shame I don't expect this to be released on A5 for ages

thrashfan07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:55 pm 

Actually, I sent an email to Kunsthall Productions concerning the A5 and who I'm assuming is Wintherr responded with this:

"It's in progress and I think it will be available soon!

Best regards
W."

:hyper:

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 pm 

Winter's going away for another nine months soon though. I hope it gets around soon.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:33 pm 

Excellent news. It's official then: I'm skipping the overpriced tape and going straight for the cd as soon as it's out. Thanks for sharing the update! :beer:
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:31 am 

thrashfan07 wrote:
Actually, I sent an email to Kunsthall Productions concerning the A5 and who I'm assuming is Wintherr responded with this:

Best regards
W."

Yes! Thanks for the update thrashfan07, just what I wanted to hear :hyper:

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:33 am 

thrashfan07 wrote:

Best regards
W."

Yes! Thanks for the update thrashfan, just the news I wanted to hear :hyper:

Iggnsthe
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Winter's going away for another nine months soon though. I hope it gets around soon.

I'm greatly saddened by the fact that we got hit by the biggest snowstorm in years last week (Kansas City area) and I didn't have the new PDH to accompany it. With my luck, I'm sure flowers will be peeking through the snow by the time it shows up, heh.

thrashfan07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:37 am 

STORMM wrote:
thrashfan07 wrote:

Best regards
W."

Yes! Thanks for the update thrashfan, just the news I wanted to hear :hyper:
No problem man, I'm pretty giddy to get my hands on the CD as well! From what I've heard, the reception for this has been fantastic, so I'm pretty hyped to hear it at long last.

revoltingblob
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:39 am 

I feel like this is the best new black metal release in YEARS. absolutely monumental, 2nd only to the self-titled in the Paysage d'Hiver discography

Oiras
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 am 

Speaking of their myspace tracks, "Schnee III" is easily the best song they've ever made as far as I'm concerned and still seemingly confined exclusively to that dying website, wasn't there supposed to be a compilation they were to release with that and their other "Schnee" tracks together?

Heard this new one. First impression: good. Not amazing, something that I've felt with most of Paysage d'Hiver's other releases too. Winterkaelte is probably the one great album they've done, but too many of their other releases rely too heavily on their droning length and tape static production for atmosphere, the songs themselves not really able to hold up so well on their own. Nice to listen to in the background, but with the exception of that aforementioned album and song, I've not found them all that memorable, not quite living up to their album covers as much as I hoped. Better than Darkspace at least...

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:58 am 

I know its a silly question, but taking into account the lenght of the songs and the demo itself. Why it is released as a demo and not as a offficial album?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next