* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm 

From their official Facebook:

Quote:
And now ladies and gentlemen, the announcement you've all been waiting for. An announcement which has already been described as "very probably being announced quite soon" by the Kazakhstan Death Metal Observer and Livestock Trading Magazine (vol 54, pp 23-69, opposite Meteorological Sheep Shearing Indices).

TETRAGRAMMATON, the fourth full-length studio album of The Monolith Deathcult will be released on May 10th, 2013 in the civilised world and May 14th, 2013 in the USA.

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth following the release of such utter incompetence. This unutterable insult to all eukaryotic life forms will in all probability be the last nail in the coffin of all human life as we know it. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands has decided to abdicate in fear of the impending doom that this CD-release will bring. Monumental tidal waves and earthquakes due to sonic booms are expected. Do not take well-loved pets (including birds) into your shelter - they will consume fresh air. Leave the old and bed-ridden, you can do nothing for them. Remember to press the sealing switch when everyone is in the shelter. Set the radiation aerial, turn on the Geiger barometer. Turn off your Television now. Turn off your radio immediately the Services end. At the same time secure explosion plugs in the ears of each member of your family. Take down your plasma flasks. Give your children the pills marked one and two in the C.D green container, then put them to bed. Do not break the inside airlock seals until the radiation All Clear shows (watch for the cuckoo in your Perspex panel), or your District Touring Doctor rings your bell. If before this, your air becomes exhausted or if any of your family are critically injured, administer the capsules marked 'Valley Forge' (Red Pocket in No. 1 Survival Kit) for painless death.

The track listing is as follows:

1. Gods Amongst Insects
2. H.W.A. (Human Wave Attack)
3. Drugs, Thugs & Machetes
4. Todesnacht von Stammheim
5. S.A.D.M. (Svpreme Avantgarde Death Metal)
6. Qasr Al-Nihaya
7. Aslimu!!! - All Slain Those Who Bring Down Our Highly Respected Symbols To The Lower Status Of The Barren Earth

This vile assault on the fundamental canons of human decency, progress and civilisation will take no fewer than 59 minutes and 40 seconds of the precious life you have left on this wretched clump of rock.

TMDC 2013

Pretty stoked for this. Trivmvirate is fucking stellar and I hope the new album expands on the direction they took on that one. Thoughts?
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Last edited by IX Leviathan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:24 pm 

This is great news. Triumvirate is certainly a fucking great release. I haven't listened to their other albums, but perhaps I'll give them a spin tonight. I had no idea they were about to release something new, but now I'm exited.

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm 

Only thing I've heard by them is The White Crematorium 2.0, but I really dig it and listened to it countless times a couple of summers ago. I'll definitely have to check this one out.

Soooo many things to look forward to this year...

Malthus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 pm 

It'll be hard to top Triumvirate, but I'll be sure to buy it as soon as it's released.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 pm 

Malthus wrote:
It'll be hard to top Triumvirate, but I'll be sure to buy it as soon as it's released.

I'm not going to go into this expecting them to outdo Triumvirate. I'd be almost certainly setting myself up for disappointment. I can't say this for sure because I haven't heard the one they released after that, but I have a feeling this new one will be pretty good.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:06 pm 

The 'album' they released after Trivmvirate is just a re-recording of its predecessor, The White Crematorium, which pales pretty hard in comparison to Trivmvirate and you should skip it anyway. So technically, this new one is the direct follow-up to Trivmvirate.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 pm 

Just out of curiosity, was re-recording it a good idea? It rarely goes over well when bands do that, but occasionally it works out really well.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 pm 

2.0 has a bit of variation from the original, but from what I've heard it's more or less the same musically. Seemed like the production was cleaned up a bit as well.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 pm 

The songtitles all say "trying to hard" to me. The acronyms, the one song in German, the misappropriation of some Arabic sounding term with the long explanation intended to be read in a middle eastern accent... Sounds like your usual western band trying to actually be offensive to fanatics who live far away and would never actually give a shit. Most of these bands play some kind of industrial-ish extreme metal too. Not familiar with TMD. Is my guess right?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 pm 

teehee! I just checked their page! I was right, and I was right in guessing that they were Scandinavian. :)

Metalheads are so hammy and predictable sometimes, but I love them just the same.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 pm 

John, you don't know what you're talking about.

1) Netherlands =/= Scandinavia
2) The leader is an history teacher and everything relates to this, maybe the titles are silly, but the subjects aren't.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Malthus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
teehee! I just checked their page! I was right, and I was right in guessing that they were Scandinavian. :)

Metalheads are so hammy and predictable sometimes, but I love them just the same.

You consider The Netherlands part of Scandinavia?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:14 pm 

Malthus wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

You consider The Netherlands part of Scandinavia?

Mixed it up with Denmark. Still northwest europe, right? My points still completely stand.

Deviante
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:37 am 

Haha, the FB-post itself combined with the tracklist makes it seem as if they, indeed, try too hard, as someone pointed out. :P

Regardless, Triumvirate was crushing so I'll definitely be getting this one as it drops by. Hopefully they won't disappoint!

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 am 

I'm going to try not to think about this too much. Triumvirate is an amazing album, and if I think about this new one dropping too much I'm going to over-hype it and end up disappointing myself. That said, fuck yes! Been hoping for a new album from these guys for ages.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:44 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Th ... ton/368607

Pre-order here: http://www.monolith-deathcult.com/index ... &Itemid=37

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:50 pm 

They dropped a new song a couple weeks back as well, "God Amongst Insects".

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:

That was quite well done. I really appreciated the lyrics as well. No crumminess there.

Here's something to look forward to!

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:44 pm 

That song was incredible. This new album's going to be amazing.

Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:

Wait... Is that really Peter Cullen on that song?

Anyway, the song is top notch. If the rest of the album is of this quality, it might actually be a worthy successor to Triumvirate.

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:15 pm 

i liked Triumvirate quite a bit, even the electronic bits and synths. the new song sounds pretty neat to me.

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am 

New song is mindblowingly good. Really excited for this. Season of Mist is snatching up all of my favorite bands it seems.

Septic Flesh/Rotting Christ/The Monolith Deathcult/Carach Angren/Ne Oblivscaris tour 2013?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 am 

Sokaris wrote:
Septic Flesh/Carach Angren/Fleshgod Apocalypse tour 2013

FTFY. ;)

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:54 pm 

Yeah, wish that tour was coming to America. Surprised how much momentum Carach Angren has gained. Hopefully something similar happens for Deathcult.

Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 pm 

New song (release a week or two ago): Todesnacht von Stammheim

It's good! I reckon this is the Kindertodeslied of the album. I am sure this album will be as good as, if not better, than Trivmvirate, if everything is done correctly (given the nature of the above and Gods Amongst Insects, it will be/has been done).

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 am 

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/05/02/ex ... grammaton/

You can listen to the entire album here. I've already got my copy pre-ordered, really excited to listen to it on something other than laptop speakers.

I love how they don't half-ass stuff. If they're going epic and bombastic it's going to be over-the-top, if they want to groove they will goddamn groove, etc, etc. There's a few surprising Ministry-esque moments and I noticed a lack of ridiculous Slayer-style soloing like the last couple but I think it's probably an overall more intricately written set of songs.

My first impression is that it doesn't have quite as many obvious highlights as Trivmvirate but it's overall more consistent.

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:25 am 

Sokaris wrote:
My first impression is that it doesn't have quite as many obvious highlights as Trivmvirate but it's overall more consistent.

That's good news for me I guess - I liked "God Amongst Insects" more than any other song off of Trivmvirate, and I loved Trivmvirate.

Reply to topic