Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 pm 

There's a band with this name blacklisted because of their lack of metalness and anyway, we don't accept bands with unreleased stuff (clearly said in the rules) and as you said yourself, their first release will drop in March.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Kevbo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:19 pm 

So, once it's released, will I be able to add them to the database, or are they the same band BL'ed for lack of metalness? Just want to be clear, don't want to accidentally break any rules.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:25 pm 

They are the same band. Whoever submitted it did so before the release date, but what I heard was more sludge/hardcore than metal anyway from what I remember.

Kevbo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:30 pm 

Fair enough. Thanks for the info.

Smither666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:24 am 

I dont really understand why Suri from Indonesia is rejected, their music is very heavy stoner doom metal you should listen to it
try this link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?brs1s11apgx33ws
it's more akin to bands like sleep, church of misery etc rather than stoner rock bands like monster magnet or qosa.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 pm 

Smither666 wrote:
I dont really understand why Suri from Indonesia is rejected, their music is very heavy stoner doom metal you should listen to it
try this link.
it's more akin to bands like sleep, church of misery etc rather than stoner rock bands like monster magnet or qosta.

According to the blacklist, it's Stoner Rock. Are completely positive about the metalness?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:51 pm 

Exhalted

This was sent to me from a board moderator: May 20, 2004 there is mention of a demo release for June, the ones I had uploaded. I used to moderate their official site.
http://web.archive.org/web/200502101535 ... /news.html

I am guessing I'm defending that they existed or were a legit band? Or that they released material for distribution (those CDs listed). That's the only thing around besides their abandoned myspace page.

RussKroeker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:46 pm 

Thanks for your help. I'll think about whether it's worth the effort. The Band's long gone and I already have a webpage for it anyhow. Peace. Russ

Smither666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:13 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Smither666 wrote:
try this link.
it's more akin to bands like sleep, church of misery etc rather than stoner rock bands like monster magnet or qosta.

According to the blacklist, it's Stoner Rock. Are completely positive about the metalness?

im completely positive about the metalness the first ep is clearly stoner rock but the band have progressed into more heavier stoner doom. just listen to their split release and latest ep Space Rider.

Free Nelson Mandoomjazz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:16 am 

I feel that the rejection of my band Free Nelson Mandoomjazz is unfair for the following reasons.

You have stated that the band is not metal, however I disagree entirely. The backbone of the band comes entirely from Black Sabbath, Electric Wizard and Sunn 0))), all of which appear on this site. We play doom metal but with a saxophone as the lead instrument instead a guitar. I fail to see how this makes us not metal. If you feel that it makes more sense to classify us as experimental or progressive doom then that is up to you but we are most certainly metal, even if we take in influences from elsewhere.

I believe, as I have previously stated in my initial application, that metal is and always has been about progression and that that is why the genre has endured for so long whilst other trends have fallen away. I do not believe that a band has to play straightforward thrash, black, death or doom metal in order to be classified as metal. Such saturation of sub-genres, where bands are simply ripping off the few big bands which represent that sub-genre, is not how metal progresses. It progresses when somebody takes a chance on moving in a new direction. But just because it is new does not mean it cannot be metal.

For me, I believe that what Free Nelson Mandoomjazz plays is metal first and foremost. Sub-classifying it beyond that is unnecessary and difficult. Evidently we have differing opinions on what is and what is not metal so if you decide to uphold this rejection I will respect that decision although I disagree with it. Thank you for your time and keep representing the underground because someone has to.

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:29 am 

Free Nelson Mandoomjazz wrote:
I feel that the rejection of my band Free Nelson Mandoomjazz is unfair for the following reasons.

We play doom metal but with a saxophone as the lead instrument instead a guitar. I fail to see how this makes us not metal.

Hahahahahahah! I almost soiled myself from laughing!
Guitar is THE instrument which defines Metal through it's riffs and you............!
Can't wait for what the mods are gonna say about this!
(keels over and laughs some more!

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 am 

well I'm not a mod, but you can succesfully employ a saxophone and still keep it metal. amorphis have done it a coupla times, for.ex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0U1M6SQuEc

Free Nelson Mandoomjazz, I'd have to agree that your music is not metal. I do like it very much though, especially the black sabbath cover. I downloaded both EPs from your soundcloud and would love to see you live, one day.

Free Nelson Mandoomjazz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 am 

@aloof - Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it.

@Rob1 - I understand that the guitar is the predominant instrument in most metal but what we do uses the bass to play the heavy riffs while the saxophone wails and solos over the top of it. OM is a good example of a metal band who do not use guitars and our riffs are certainly heavier than most of what they have done.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:43 am 

FNM: This site has a particular definition of what we consider to be "metal", and that's as defined by metallic guitar riffs. Trying to substitute the riffs of an electric guitar with another instrument is a novel undertaking (and is somewhat of a commendable endeavour, in terms of creativity), but I'm afraid it won't do much good here.

Your project is a sort of freeform jazz fusion more than metal, even if it possesses the structure and aesthetics of conventional doom metal. However, that's not how we govern "metalness" on this site, I'm sorry.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:17 am 

Yeah, what's next?

Growling over a hip hop beat and call it death metal?

Free Nelson Mandoomjazz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 am 

@Alhadis - Thank you for commending us on our originality, that certainly means a lot even if we may disagree on the classification of metal.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 am 

Pretty interesting stuff. I can enjoy this! And that's what matters in the end, not whether you're on the site or not.

Free Nelson Mandoomjazz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:41 am 

@RonimuZ - Thanks, glad you liked it and you're right of course. Feel free to check us out on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/freenelsonmandoomjazz. And tell your friends.

MFH
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
No, I didn't blacklist it. When the issue is cleared up I can simply restore the deleted entry.

I can't find proof for the supposed self-release either and there's only mention about it going to be released in October on their FB wall, nothing that it has been released and can be ordered. I also can't find the CD in Ars Funebris' online store.

I'll contact the band about it.

EDIT: Their response:
Quote:
Hails!!!

Thanks for your question.

Yeah, it will be released as CD format by Ars Funebris Records in November. We've planned to release in October, but the layout design works delayed.

However South American label Bestial Desecration Records will release it as tape format on next days.

Regards...

Impuration can be restored now, after a long delay the EP is out,check the pictures here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ars-Funeb ... 7719872570

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 pm 

Restored. :)

krieg_apocalypse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 am 

Hi,
the following band was deemed too noisey to be Black Metal,but i believe this is not fair.
The band is noisey but is fukky Black Metal in the writing and song structures.When Raw bands are alreayd listed on Metallum,i am not understanding of how this band doesnt qualify.for example,bands such as Botulistum & Antikriist are listed on the site,i know that Antikriist is incredible noisey and compared to the songs production of the rejected band they sound inaudable.the production in the rejected band is left natural as possible.please is it possible to look again at this sumission as i believe it has a place on this site.
Thanks.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sat ... 540360315#

Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 am 

krieg_apocalypse wrote:
fukky Black Metal

Are you in Sadistik Exekution?

krieg_apocalypse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm 

lol i dunno what happened there.
fukky lol
i meant to say fully

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 am 

Dr_Keloid, that's going in my next sig. Image

Okay, now... Krieg_apocalypse, let me explain why your band was blacklisted/rejected. Yes, it's noisy, fuzz-riddled raw black metal. But it's actually SO damn raw, the guitar tone is completely inaudible. There's nothing to distinguish that thin, droning trickle of (what I assume was) a guitar from, say, any other instrument. Barring the useless intro and "outro", we have four tracks of music to judge this project on. The first two songs were a mess, and the "riffs" - if there were any, resembled less of a guitar tone and more like a phone recording of somebody playing an accordion on the other end. The second two tracks were more acceptable (obviously because they were of a proper mix), but even those were pretty damn borderline. And weighing in all four tracks, well, sorry, but it leans too strongly in the noise spectrum. Way too strongly.

We can forgive poor recording quality, but come on dude, this is seriously pushing your luck:

Asbel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 am 

Why was my Black Sun Ritual rejected, even though I have a digital demo release?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 am 

Asbel wrote:
Why was my Black Sun Ritual rejected, even though I have a digital demo release?

Le rules wrote:
Valid Digital Releases?
[..]
Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this. An EP may be accepted depending on the situation. Two EPs are better than one, for sure.

That demo you speak of is two tracks clocking in at seven minutes. Nowhere near the requirements for digital releases, sorry.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:32 pm 

I am wondering if Altaar from Norway could possibly be taken off the blacklist.

I did a search and apparently they were blacklisted from 2009 for not being metal enough.

They recently released a self titled album that so far sounds like a mix of post-black and funeral doom metal. Some sludge in there too.

The album can be heard in full here:
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/02 ... ar-altaar/

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:16 pm 

Haven't heard the stuff that got them blacklisted, but this doesn't really sound convincing. Some doom moments, but otherwise the usual beating-around-the-bush doomish post-whatever. First track seems more acceptable than the second, not sure, but leaning no.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:11 pm 

Yeah, the second track is definitely less metal than I thought it would be. I'd consider the portion between 4:10 to around 9:10 metal, but the rest noise/ambient and drone.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Asbel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
sorry

So if I get released an EP and this demo, then what?

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm 

So in order for Crucify The enslaved to be on the archives they have to have a release? all they have now is a demo. also how do I prove metalness? will a link to reverbnation suffice?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:14 pm 

A physical demo? Prove the existence with a picture, a link to a store, etc. To prove the metalness, you only need to link the music obviously, so a reverbnation link is fine.

But yeah, just add the band to the queue, it's not even blacklisted and don't ask here, this thread is for rejected, blacklisted or deleted bands as the name implies.

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 am 

Metantoine wrote:
A physical demo? Prove the existence with a picture, a link to a store, etc. To prove the metalness, you only need to link the music obviously, so a reverbnation link is fine.

But yeah, just add the band to the queue, it's not even blacklisted and don't ask here, this thread is for rejected, blacklisted or deleted bands as the name implies.

thanks

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:00 am 

My band Inpitch (Brazil) was blacklisted, because I dont have physical copies, but now I aquired physical copies, so, can u remove my band from blacklist for I try another subimission?

Thank you, here the link of the copies

In CD-R:
http://depressiveillusions.com/items/cd ... isillusion

In Tape:
http://depressiveillusions.com/items/ta ... isillision

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 am 

Do you think we are dumb? Just one month ago, we told you that the reason the band was blacklisted was because it's not metal enough for the site, and now you're posting the same physical release you did back in January (I actually checked) to get a new answer. Stop this game or you'll be banned.

Thanks.

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 am 

No bro, the moderator told me that before you told me it was because I had no physical copies, If u back same pages u can see.

and I have more songs to proof that is metal.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 am 

No bro, the blacklist clearly states that the band was rejected because it was "Bedroom "BM", mostly ambient/acoustic" and I also looked at all the exchanges done in this thread. You're a liar and you're in no position of telling me what do.

Now, this is an OFFICIAL warning, you don't post in this thread anymore unless you have a SOLID evidence that you have a METAL release and I know you don't.

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:22 am 

Next week I'll be back

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:04 am 

Asbel wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
sorry

So if I get released an EP and this demo, then what?

Then we'll reconsider. The band isn't blacklisted so you can just resubmit them with the necessary evidence included. No guarantees at this point, though, digital releases are judged case-by-case. (Re-)read the rules on them to get a better picture of what we consider acceptable and what not.

krieg_apocalypse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Dr_Keloid, that's going in my next sig. Image

Okay, now... Krieg_apocalypse, let me explain why your band was blacklisted/rejected. Yes, it's noisy, fuzz-riddled raw black metal. But it's actually SO damn raw, the guitar tone is completely inaudible. There's nothing to distinguish that thin, droning trickle of (what I assume was) a guitar from, say, any other instrument. Barring the useless intro and "outro", we have four tracks of music to judge this project on. The first two songs were a mess, and the "riffs" - if there were any, resembled less of a guitar tone and more like a phone recording of somebody playing an accordion on the other end. The second two tracks were more acceptable (obviously because they were of a proper mix), but even those were pretty damn borderline. And weighing in all four tracks, well, sorry, but it leans too strongly in the noise spectrum. Way too strongly.

We can forgive poor recording quality, but come on dude, this is seriously pushing your luck:

Ok no worries,i understand.Thanks for replying,much appreciated :)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 541  Next