* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:33 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
bloodycumshit wrote:
watched this Sundanese movie last weekend called "Teeth" about this chick who has teeth in her vagina that bites off dicks.

Considering the story line i thought it was really well done

That movie made me cringe, and not just due to the castration scenes. Ugh.

because the brother frighteningly resembled yourself and you didnt like what you saw

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very mature, BCS. Very mature.

That movie was ridiculous, from its premise to the stupid way it presented its themes. Really, there are better ways to convey a sense of female empowerment than castrating rapist wannabes with a toothed vagina. I don't hate it per se, but I found it extremely silly and gross-for-the-sake-of-it.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:35 pm 

Teeth was really good. If there's any way to convey a theme as heavy and diverse as female sexuality it's by doing it with a bizarre and grotesque theme. I thought it was excellently done actually. The directing was first rate, the acting was fantastic and overall it kept me interested throughout. The gross out scenes were well done in how shocking and strange they were, but nothing in the movie was pointless or random. It was an arty sort of movie, but really good for all that.

If you want to know more about my opinion of this movie, check out my review. The first part is silly and looking back, I could have used better jokes. But after that I did a more serious analysis of the movie and explained why it was so good, if you're curious.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:49 pm 

Have we seen the same movie, Emp? :scratch:

Personally, I think that trying to approach such a delicate subject in a way as outlandish and strange as Teeth did ended up hurting the final product, and severely so. I have nothing bad to say about the performances or the directing whatsoever, but the film's premise was far too silly to fit something as important and close to us as sexuality. Couple that with what I found to be tasteless gross out scenes and, you have a film that I cannot honestly recommend to anyone. Now, the thing is that exactly what you liked about it is what I found to be the most irritating, so I don't see us reaching an agreement on this one :lol:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:55 pm 

Well, what did you expect from it actually? If you just went in expecting to be horribly grossed out and offended then that's probably why...

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 am 

I actually had no expectations of it whatsoever. I got to a friend's house, and after the usual greetings, he said "dude, you gotta watch this movie" and boom; he put it on his DVD player. I hadn't heard of it before, and when I asked what it was about, bastard simply told me to wait and see. He just wanted to ambush me, and he somewhat succeded, now that I think about it :lol:

Suffice to say, I was less than thrilled.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 am 

I dunno man. I can't agree that anything about it was tasteless really; it was odd and gross, sure, but obviously stylized for the purposes of the film - nothing about it was gratuitous. It was exactly what it wanted to be and everything about it was smartly done. Dunno what else to tell ya there man. ;)

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 am 

Eh, don't worry Emp. Ya don't need to tell me anything in particular. We'll simply have to agree to disagree on this :-D

By the way, is anyone here besides me looking forward to the new Superman movie that's coming out this year? You know, Man of Steel?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:12 am 

I'm not. Zack Snyder directing? :thumbsdown: Never liked any of his movies much at all...

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:15 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Teeth was really good. If there's any way to convey a theme as heavy and diverse as female sexuality it's by doing it with a bizarre and grotesque theme. I thought it was excellently done actually. The directing was first rate, the acting was fantastic and overall it kept me interested throughout. The gross out scenes were well done in how shocking and strange they were, but nothing in the movie was pointless or random. It was an arty sort of movie, but really good for all that.

If you want to know more about my opinion of this movie, check out my review. The first part is silly and looking back, I could have used better jokes. But after that I did a more serious analysis of the movie and explained why it was so good, if you're curious.

don't worry emp , i totally agree with ya, im not sure what xlxlx is on about

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:27 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:
(...) im not sure what xlxlx is on about

I just explained it.
Empyreal about looking forward to Man of Steel wrote:
I'm not. Zack Snyder directing? :thumbsdown: Never liked any of his movies much at all...

Really? I never had a problem with the guy. I think he tackled both 300 and Watchmen in a pretty decent way, for starters. Superman is not a character I particularly love, but coming from him, you can consider me interested. Plus, having Christopher Nolan as a producer can't be a bad thing :-D

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:41 am 

Both of those movies were really dull. Sucker Punch was at least a little bit entertaining, but I wouldn't say it was any good either really...he just can't make good movies it seems. Unless this one magically proves me wrong.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:03 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
is anyone here besides me looking forward to the new Superman movie that's coming out this year? You know, Man of Steel?
I am. Although I'm not super excited like I should be, I think my lack of eagerness is due to it being the first entry of a different take on Superman. All signs point to it being good, but how good remains to seen.
Xlxlx wrote:
Superman is not a character I particularly love, but coming from him, you can consider me interested. Plus, having Christopher Nolan as a producer can't be a bad thing :-D

I think the more realistic approach they are taking could make this character much more appealing.

Empyreal, you really didn't like Dawn of the Dead, even just a little?

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:27 am 

Teeth was great. It was like a long lost Dead Ringers-era Cronenberg film with a modern day feminist twist. I remember the pacing being a bit wonky here and there, but overall a very, very solid pseudo-horror film. Great soundtrack too.

volutetheswarth wrote:
Well, Following is the first Nolan film I've really disliked. It's just dull and absurd, the bad acting and bad dialogue pairing is the icing. I'm hoping Pi by Darren Aronofsky is better than this.

How could anyone like Rises? Also, his remake of the amazing Swedish film Insomnia was much worse than Following, if only because he Hollywoodized it at every turn and boredly explained all of the intentionally ambiguous things that made the original Swedish film so impactful.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:53 am 

Saw the new Die Hard with a bunch of friends (whatever bullshit title they gave it, I don't remember). Honestly, that movie was a huge piece of shit. It wasn't even entertaining as a stupid action movie. It straight up gave NO FUCKS. the dialogue was ridiculous and cliché. I don't know how John Mclane went from ordinary cop at the wrong place at the wrong time to fucking Rambo spouting one liners exclusively. It's not like they put any work into his one liners either, because he just repeats the same one like 10 times. If you thought the last one was bad, this one will give you an aneurysm. It's not only that the action was absolutely ridiculous (old man survives massive car wreck, getting shot a bunch of times, jumping through multiple windows, being thrown into a window and off a building by a fucking helicopter) but it was TERRIBLY SHOT. This had enough nausea inducing and nonsensical quick cuts to give Michael Bay's entire family an eternal hard-on. It's like the cameramen had fucking parkisons too. When simple tracking shots look like shit and are blurry as fuck, your cameraman is an idiot and should he fired. Shit, take the last scene for example. It's just three people literally walking into the sunset, but the angle changes twenty times and shakes a bunch and ALL the shots look like shit. Don't see it, it fucking sucks.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:54 am 

darkeningday wrote:
How could anyone like Rises? Also, his remake of the amazing Swedish film Insomnia was much worse than Following, if only because he Hollywoodized it at every turn and boredly explained all of the intentionally ambiguous things that made the original Swedish film so impactful.

Norwegian. The main character was Swedish - the actor too - but the film was Norwegian and took place in Norway. Had to get subtitles, which is why I remember. While I don't revile the Hollywood-remake of Insomnia as much as darkeningday, the original was better. Though the deadend, northern Norwegian town was a much more familiar and depressing setting than Alaska. Modern American film makers don't really catch that welfare-induced, apathetic depression that is so prevalent in those kinds of soon-to-be ghost towns.

A couple of flicks:

Dead Reckoning: Bogart as a man returning from war and ending up doing PI work because... Well, let's just say that it's a bit contrived, but Bogart is great as always. Great atmosphere and convoluted plots. It's no The Big Sleep, especially since Lizabeth Scott is no Lauren Bacall and well, the story is no Chandler-penned masterpiece. But really, Bogart brings his charisma and pulls the whole thing through. Everything is wrapped up nicely in the end, of course. It's 40s Hollywood.

Joe Kidd: A 70s Eastwood western, co-starring Robert Duvall and based on an Elmore Leonard story so you'd expect it to be at least decent, right? Well, it's a mess, unfortunately. Definitely needs more coherency and better directing. Clint glowers through it all in familiar Man with No Name-style, charming the few dames that come his way with just... Well, not really sure what. Duvall is a rich sleazy businessman and well, the Mexicans, whose land Duvall (i.e. America) has stolen, are no sweethearts either, even though they're fairly righteous as far as these things go. But it all just sort of plods along with no thought given to structure, build-ups, climaxes. No real passion in this film.

EDIT: Oh, loved Frozen River.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:44 am 

MacMoney wrote:
darkeningday wrote:

Norwegian. The main character was Swedish - the actor too - but the film was Norwegian and took place in Norway. Had to get subtitles, which is why I remember.

You are correct, as always; I should've checked first. The only actor I remembered in it was Stellan, so I hazarded a guess it was Swedish.

Glad you liked Frozen River :D.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:48 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Saw the new Die Hard with a bunch of friends (whatever bullshit title they gave it, I don't remember). Honestly, that movie was a huge piece of shit. It wasn't even entertaining as a stupid action movie.
I was apprehensive about this film from day one, from the director to the posters, to the awful quick-cut shaky cam clip that they put up. Needless to say I've heard more than enough to not lower myself to watch it. I wish John McTiernan was out of jail so he could cap the series off with one more masterful Die Hard.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:31 am 

Bruce Willis is the new Nic Cage.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:34 pm 

Oh yeah, Insomnia was an awful film. Easily his worst, though TDKR with its sell-out mentality comes at a close second. I remember Following being OK, but then, I don't really remember anything about the story at all, so...

And I never saw the Dawn of the Dead remake. The original was great. Should I bother with the remake?

Warm Bodies - 4.25/5

Zombie romance - that's just wacky. This is by Jonathon Levine, the mastermind who also made 50/50 a few years ago, and it's not as good as that movie, but it's still worth seeing. The problem here is that the first few minutes are absolutely hilarious and hysterical, and easily eclipse anything else in the film by far - the narrations from an undead zombie teenager are just spot-on funny and really clever, too. The rest of the film, involving him meeting up with a human rebel girl and falling in love with her, is treated with dignity and done well enough, and I was never bored during it - the acting was well done, the characters were good and the pacing was fast and exciting. But the opening scenes are simply great comedy. Overall this is good and any fan of zombies or good romance stories will find things to like in it.

Breathing - 4.25/5

A German film about a young man in a juvenile detention center who takes on a job at a funeral home and consequently, inspires a desire to look for his estranged mother. This is a quiet and subtle film that flows nicely and, while there are no out and out excellent moments, the whole is a very poignant character study of this kid, using stylish directing and a great sense of atmosphere and location to move the story along. Lead actor Thomas Schubert is a real gem, too, as he is just great at selling this role and playing the strong silent type who you know has more underneath the surface going on. With a strong atmosphere and lots of memorable scenes, Breathing is worth a watch for anyone who enjoys these sorts of somber dramas.

Sidewalls - 5/5

I was hooked from the start with this, as it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Just a masterpiece of directing, writing and acting all together, this Spanish film about two disconnected lost souls in a big city works on both a personal, reflective level as a character study and also a larger social commentary about the digital age and what it does to socializing and relationships. The narrations from both characters is superb and you will like them instantly, but the success of the script is only as good as it is due to the excellent acting - the leads wear their characters like second skins. Masterful. Everything about this is just inspired and life-affirming, and the arc of both characters as they try to find their ways in the world leads up to a climax that will have your heart stopping with how good it is. Just a great film, go see it now.

Iron Sky - 2.5/5

Nazis on the moon...that's just ridiculous. And it's supposed to be, as Iron Sky is a sort of Mike Judge-esque comedy like Idiocracy talking about the downfall of American intelligence and, largely, the world's as well. Everything is overblown, everything is rather poorly written and uses that as a 'it's funny!' excuse, and pretty much this is disposable. Some funny moments, yeah, and I like the energy it has, but it's just not a very captivating film...a lot of these jokes are already behind the times (a Sarah Palin joke, really?) and that's a bad sign for a comedy flick. See it if you have nothing else to watch, but even then, don't expect anything great.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm 

I heard how terrible the latest Die Hard movie was. Ha!

Few days ago I watched 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower'. A friend of mine persuaded me to watch it and so I did. I think it wasn't bad at all so much so that I actually enjoyed Emma Watson as an actress for the first time ever. Anyway, that's just a fragment of the entire movie experience. It's based on a book written by Stephen Chbosky who also handled directing/screenplay duties for the movie. The plot revolves around this awkward but fairly smart teenager, Charlie, who has it tough in high school until he befriends two seniors (Sam and Patrick) and that's when his life completely changes around. One has to pay attention to the subtle moments throughout the movie because it's like a puzzle which comes together in the end. The movie has a fair share of drama, romance, comedic moments and strong performances by the characters Charlie and Patrick.

Be warned though, I have a hunch that this is a popular movie among hipsters but that shouldn't deter you from watching a decent movie :)

7.5/10

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:25 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
I never saw the Dawn of the Dead remake. The original was great. Should I bother with the remake?

I believe you should. What I like best is that it doesn't try to replicate the original, it instead paints something with loose similarities. Matt Stone and Trey Parker raved about it and they're notoriously hard to please.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:15 pm 

I actually love the remake just as much as the original. It's good in completely different ways, fast paced, and the characters are well written.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 pm 

I enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake. I like that it had a bit more of a frantic pace than the original did, which made it a bit scarier IMO. I still enjoy my slow zombies, but the remake is an example of how to do fast zombies properly.

As for me, about a week ago I watched this horror anthology film on Netflix called Scary or Die. Most of it was unremarkable, but the longest segment of the movie, Clowned, had me facepalming while laughing for a good portion of it. What happens in it is that a dude is bitten by a demonic birthday party clown and then starts turning into one. He runs away from his family as he becomes more clown-like and has to fight the urges he has to kill and eat his baby brother. The whole thing is incredibly retarded and completely ridiculous, but the thing about it that made me just start barreling over from laughter is that the whole scenario is played straight. They are not trying to make you laugh with this premise; you are supposed to feel depressed and saddened by this guy turning into the demon child of Pennywise and the clown from Twisted Metal. He even has the same face as the latter! It's really stupid and absolutely hilarious.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 pm 

I would just like to re-iterate how fucking shitty the new Die Hard was. I really hope that was the series' death knell.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 pm 

It's got a 17% on Rotten Tomatoes. That alone should be proof enough that the movie is fucking crap.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:39 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Iron Sky - 2.5/5

While I agree with pretty much everything you said about the movie I'd have still given it at least an entire star higher rating, its comedic shortfalls were partly made up for by awesome effects and pretty cool action.

Also Necroticism that's pretty much exactly what I was anticipating for the new Die Hard, still a funny review though.

Edit- what the fuck happened to that guy who started the Prometheus thread? I only saw the movie recently so I missed all the discussion of it.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 pm 

I think that most of the conclusions we reached about Prometheus are best summed up in this video.

It's not really an awful film but it definitely has an awful script. Yet another Lindelof hackjob; can't wait to see how he butchers Blade Runner.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:23 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
I don't know how John Mclane went from ordinary cop at the wrong place at the wrong time to fucking Rambo spouting one liners exclusively.

I think he leveled up after the whole terrorist-infested skyscraper incident. How do expect someone who's been through 4 action movies to remain an ordinary cop?

Not defending the movie, by the way(haven't seen it). Just a thought.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 pm 

Dude, random Russian people knew who he was. I don't care, because that's not what Die Hard is supposed to be. If it was an old Schwarzenegger or Stallone movie, ok. That's expected. But when the first movie makes a big deal about him running across glass and being hobbled by it, and then when he's twenty years older he's completely fine after diving out a bunch of windows, fuck that noise.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:10 am 

Is it just me, or is Raiders of the Lost Ark a million times better than Temple of Doom? They tried sooooo hard to add more comedic relief in ToD but just ended up with lame or annoying characters and everything felt so forced.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 am 

RotLA is superior to ToD, yes.

Speaking of Spielberg, is it just me or is A.I. Artificial Intelligence possibly his best film? I didn't like it much at all when I was a kid, but after watching every Kubrick film like, 70 times, I found it... for lack of less-cheesy word choices... downright moving. If it didn't end with that idiotic tacked-on futuristic-robots-that-look-exactly-like-Area-51-aliens and somehow have the power to manipulate time (only not really) shit at the end, where Spielberg does his damnedest to get everyone in the audience welling up, it might rank as one of my favorite films ever. Really inspiring, probing, actually thoughtful stuff, in direct contradistinction to pretty much everything else in his filmography. It really did feel like a long lost Kubrick film. I also found it rather a shame Jude Law didn't cop an Oscar for his "if Gene Kelly was a sex robot" schtick because it was pretty fucking sublime.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:02 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Is it just me, or is Raiders of the Lost Ark a million times better than Temple of Doom? They tried sooooo hard to add more comedic relief in ToD but just ended up with lame or annoying characters and everything felt so forced.

I think Raiders is widely considered to be the best of the Indys and ToD the worst - before the fourth abomination came out that is - for the very exact reasons you just pointed out.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 am 

darkeningday wrote:
RotLA is superior to ToD, yes.

Speaking of Spielberg, is it just me or is A.I. Artificial Intelligence possibly his best film? I didn't like it much at all when I was a kid, but after watching every Kubrick film like, 70 times, I found it... for lack of less-cheesy word choices... downright moving. If it didn't end with that idiotic tacked-on futuristic-robots-that-look-exactly-like-Area-51-aliens and somehow have the power to manipulate time (only not really) shit at the end, where Spielberg does his damnedest to get everyone in the audience welling up, it might rank as one of my favorite films ever. Really inspiring, probing, actually thoughtful stuff, in direct contradistinction to pretty much everything else in his filmography. It really did feel like a long lost Kubrick film. I also found it rather a shame Jude Law didn't cop an Oscar for his "if Gene Kelly was a sex robot" schtick because it was pretty fucking sublime.

AI definitely seems to be overlooked in Spielberg's filmography, but I like it a lot too. The plot is actually pretty unpredictable, with the protagonist's quest failing and Jude Lawbot getting caught and presumably killed. It was obviously set up to make us think the kid would somehow succeed against all odds, but then he really doesn't. The alien ending wasn't the best, but it was more satisfying I think than just leaving him at the bottom of the ocean and definitely better than the bullshit sentimental happy ending I expected from Spielberg. It'd be like if in Saving Private Ryan, Private Ryan actually dies, along with Tom Hanks and the rest of their squad. So yes, it could have been a lot better, but I was expecting something a lot more predictable (and worse), so all in all I count it as a win.

If they had wanted to just end it before that, they would have had to change a number of other aspects, since the story clearly called for a bittersweet ending rather than an unmitigated downer. After the revelation that he's basically just a mass-produced consumer good, a better ending might have left him reversing his quest of becoming a real boy, and trying instead to build a robot mom who wouldn't care that he's a not a real boy. It'd leave it ambiguous as to whether or not he'd succeed, but it's obviously a much more attainable goal, and still in keeping with his character. How would you have ended it?

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:55 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:

For sure. Temple of Doom gets annoying quickly with Willie Scott's incessant complaining and screaming, and the gross-out gags become tiresome on repeat viewings, but on the otherhand Short Round was an excellent sidekick for Indy and a fourth movie with him returning would have been fun. I used to really like Temple of Doom because it felt like the odd one out, the darkest dream-like version of Indiana Jones but on repeat viewings the flaws really get in the way of it being entertaining and it's more of a case of wanting it to end as opposed to enjoying the ride like the others. Speaking of ride, I still find that blow-up raft escape utterly ridiculous and wasn't giving much thought by the writers, he's meant to be larger than life but that one was just too much. I would say that one is neck and neck with the nuclear explosion yet it's never mentioned in the same breath.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm 

I always thought the Indiana Jones films got worse with each installment. But then, I haven't seen The Last Crusade in a while and everyone else really seems to love that one, so maybe it bears another viewing.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 pm 

I actually quite liked the first half-hour or so and didn't mind the raft escape. It fit in with the campy tone After that, it went downhill. For exciting Harrison Ford movies, I'll take The Fugitive over ToD any day.

I haven't seen A.I. in years, but I do remember it being surprisingly really good and affecting.
Edit: Last Crusade is just as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark. Connery is awesome in that movie and it's just generally really fun.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 am 

Yesterday I watched a movie that popped up on my Netflix front page called Megan is Missing. It's a found footage movie that I really did not expect to like because of the Paranormal Activity-esq poster design and the not very good first five minutes. However, this movie after a full watch is now the best horror film I've seen in quite a long time. It has images that will burrow their way into your brain and stay there for a long while. I'm still seeing stuff from this movie and it's been almost 12 hours since I watched it. Found footage only works if you can conceivably believe that the footage is real, and this movie lives up to that perfectly; there are numerous points where you forget that you're watching a movie, it's so realistic. I very much recommend watching it for both horror fans and for people that just don't like sleep.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 am 

Yeah, it's a truly disturbing movie. No other movie in recent memory actually made me lose sleep.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:33 am 

shouvince wrote:
I just came across this poster. Seems interesting but then again, it could be misleading.

Spoiler: show

The wiki for this...

I'm expecting near genius as Valhalla Rising and especially Drive were awesome. Gosling is one of the best actors in recent years.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 818  Next