Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 pm 

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... eam_w.html

Huh, Ancient VVisdom is fucking awful (they were the openers for Ghost and Blood Ceremony). It's like a lame Alice in Chains with a foul incense odor, a singer who's drumming with a chain and some "occult" lyrics. Nonetheless, I'll be at the Montréal date.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 pm 

Saw this at my province's metal forum. I checked out Enslaved for the first time (heard of them, just never heard them) and I was really surprised; they're nothing like I thought they would be (which is a good thing). Pallbearer seems a tossup. I'm not a Doom fan but they don't sound awful. Ancient VVisdom just sounds so out of place. We'll see whether or not I will go to this. It really depends on Enslaved.

Also,

Quote:
Norwegian progressive extreme metal band ENSLAVED will return to the U.S. and Canada in early 2013 for a headlining, 20-show “Winter Rite” tour joined by U.S. doom metallers Pallbearer and occult rockers Ancient VVisdom as openers. Kick-off is in Philadelphia on January 30th with the tour closing in New York City on February 22nd.

ENSLAVED rhythm guitarist/songwriter/lyricist Ivar Bjørnson checks in from Norway about the upcoming trek:

“North America has become like a second home-shore to us; the rising support we’ve been getting for the last albums and tours has been amazing! We’re more than ready to come over again and play our new album Riitiir live to show that the new material is extremely well-fitted for a live setting, and to reflect the enthusiasm and dedication we’ve been getting from the fans over there! See you on the road!”

Confirmed dates for ENSLAVED’s headlining “Winter Rite 2013” tour are:

01/30/13 Underground Arts – Philadelphia, PA
01/31/13 Ottobar – Baltimore, MD
02/01/13 Mr. Smalls Theatre – Pittsburgh, PA
02/02/13 Magic Stick – Detroit, MI
02/03/13 Reggie’s Rock Club – Chicago, IL
02/04/13 Mill City Nights – Minneapolis, MN
02/06/13 Marquis Theater – Denver, CO
02/08/13 The Troubadour – West Hollywood, CA
02/09/13 Slim’s – San Francisco, CA
02/10/13 Branx – Portland, OR
02/11/13 The Highline – Seattle, WA
02/12/13 Biltmore Cabaret – Vancouver, B.C. – CANADA
02/14/13 The Pawn Shop – Edmonton, AB – CANADA
02/15/13 Dickens Pub – Calgary, AB – CANADA
02/16/13 The Exchange – Regina, SK – CANADA
02/17/13 Osborne Village Inn – Winnipeg, MB – CANADA
02/19/13 The Opera House – Toronto, ON – CANADA
02/20/13 Les Foufounes Electriques – Montreal, QC – CANADA
02/21/13 The Sinclair – Cambridge, MA
02/22/13 Bowery Ballroom – New York, NY

RIITIIR, ENSLAVED’s twelfth studio album, debuted at #8 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart in October with the band’s highest first-week sales in their career in the United States. The album is already a contender for many “Best of” year-end lists around the world for 2012. Pick up a copy at the Nuclear Blast Webshop, iTunes, or Amazon and see why that is.

ENSLAVED will be headlining Scion A/V’s Roadburn Records showcase on Saturday, November 10th, 2012 at The Roxy in West Hollywood. Also performing are White Hills, Scott Kelly, Earthless, and Astra. RSVP to the All Ages event here: http://www.scionav.com/METALSHOW

Do a little visual meditation with the “Thoughts Like Hammers” video on YouTube.

ENSLAVED will be on the Barge To Hell cruise; will you?

Thoughts are liquid and hammers are stone at:
http://www.facebook.com/ENSLAVED
YouTube.com/ENSLAVEDOFFICIAL
Twitter.com/ENSLAVEDBAND

Source: http://www.facebook.com/notes/enslaved/ ... 6577551115

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 pm 

Fuck. Yes. I saw Enslaved last year and they were amazing, and this time they have Pallbearer opening? Not gonna miss this.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:04 am 

This is going right through my hometown on the second day of the tour. I might just have to catch this. It's on a Thursday though, Friday would have been perfect.

WitchCraft
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm 

I'm going to see them this Thursday. I haven't seen Enslaved since they released Ruun so I'm looking forward to the show.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Huh, Ancient VVisdom is fucking awful ... Nonetheless, I'll be at the Montréal date.

Not to mention their logo. barf ..

Confirmed for Slim's SF. Pallbearer .. dude.

WitchCraft
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:07 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
Huh, Ancient VVisdom is fucking awful ... Nonetheless, I'll be at the Montréal date.

Not to mention their logo. barf ..

Confirmed for Slim's SF. Pallbearer .. dude.

Pallbearer's good shit, they'll make for a good show.

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:18 pm 

I`m seeing this shit tonight. Enslaved is an amazing band.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:28 am 

I'm catching two nights of this tour. Enslaved were one of my top 3 shows of 2011 (and the other two were fantastic) and I didn't even really know them beforehand. Truly came out of no where and totally blew me away! Can't wait to see them now that I know more of their material... albums like Eld, Axiom Ethica Odini, and Isa are favourites of mine now. A friend introduced me to Pallbearer lately as well; he or his gf had the vinyl so we played it, and it sounded great from what I heard. Should be good live too.

What's with all this Ancient VVisdom hate? Also, what's with their name? Makes me want to stutter a Norwegian accent to pronounce it! :-P

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm 

The opening acts was some of the worst music I had ever heard, truly bad (at the Baltimore show). Ancient Wisdom are terrible, everyone would be better off showing up to hear their last song, laugh at them, and then get pumped for Pallbearer. Enslaved blew everyone away, as one would expect from such a renown band. They just have a totally different presence, something to do with their experience and successful longevity in metal maybe.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:20 am 

Since it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, the band 'Royal Thunder' is also on the bill, though I don't know if they're only playing a limited selection of dates.

This show stops by my city in 5 days, excited to go seeing as I haven't gone to a show since last November. Enslaved is why I'm going.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Huh, Ancient VVisdom is fucking awful (they were the openers for Ghost and Blood Ceremony). It's like a lame Alice in Chains with a foul incense odor, a singer who's drumming with a chain and some "occult" lyrics. Nonetheless, I'll be at the Montréal date.

Really? I don't find any similarities between AiC and that band. If you're referring to AiC's acoustic EP materials then it's kind of relevant, apart from that really not.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 pm 

I meant that Ancient VVisdom is a pseudo grungey band.

I'll have to skip that show though :( I've seen Enslaved twice already anyway.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:31 pm 

Indecency wrote:
'Royal Thunder' is also on the bill, though I don't know if they're only playing a limited selection of dates.

Yeah they're name wasn't anywhere. They did great, though. Short set, but really strong.

Reply to topic