Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:14 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
"That feel when" you finally understand what the fuck people mean when they type "tfw" and then you catch yourself doing it... :[
Also, tfw you log in to MA just to check and make sure you haven't been banned. Haha! Anyone else ever do that at the end of the day? :lol:

I have a habit of saying "I know that feel" in real life. And I check MA all the time to see if I'm banned. We really seem to have a lot in common, feeling a connection here.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 am 

Looking at the lineup for this year's Martyrdoom fest in Brooklyn, the only band I'm even remotely excited about is Hour of 13.

Fuck. Should've gone last year. :(

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:55 am 

I just read that Riot's album Fire Down Under made them be dropped from Capitol Records because it was deemed too heavy, man that's retarded but I'm glad Elektra picked it up because it's my favourite Riot album.

Funny to think that years later Capitol released Megadeth's stuff which is a lot heavier than Riot.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:58 am 

Then again, Megadeth always sold more than Riot, and still does. It's understandable from a business POV. Doesn't make it any less of a dick move though.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:00 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:
"That feel when" you finally understand what the fuck people mean when they type "tfw" and then you catch yourself doing it... :[
Also, tfw you log in to MA just to check and make sure you haven't been banned. Haha! Anyone else ever do that at the end of the day? :lol:

I have a habit of saying "I know that feel" in real life. And I check MA all the time to see if I'm banned. We really seem to have a lot in common, feeling a connection here.

Ok that phrase creeps me out. Because it's very effeminate.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:05 am 

Being effeminate and being creepy have something to do with each other? That's news to me.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:24 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
Being effeminate and being creepy have something to do with each other? That's news to me.

Have you seen women before??? I swear I'd rather face ten grizzly bears than meet one girl in a dark ally.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:26 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:33 am 

Xlxlx wrote:

>_>

Well I said that it creeps me out. Subjective, mon frer. Also I think there can be few instances where the two words can be used in the same sentence. No offence to gay people but it's related to that. Unfortunately I also had to bear the brunt of one such situation first hand. So there was this guy in my math class and he was quite visibly effeminate and possibly gay. One day I happened to sit next to him. We got to talking but it seemed more than that from his side. I did find it a tad creepy. I don't know if it was his conscious attempt to flirt (ugh) with me but I played it cool coz I'm a nice guy like that. I tried not to offend him and talked back thinking that class would be over and I'd be out of there. Soon...he said, "Hey Vince, do you want to see something?" I was perplexed and before I could say anything, he glanced towards his crotch. He was fuckin' moving his dick! And he was smiling at the same time! Oh the horrors! :o :puke: I got the fuck out of class. Went to the washroom and returned to sit somewhere else. I shit you not. It's a true story. So yeah, effeminate and creepy as fuck. My incident could be slightly unrelated to the original post and I digressed but it's this context Xlxlx, this context. Sigh. Ever since then, I've been wary of effeminate guys.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 am 

Well, we know Shouvince is homophobic now. I thought he was cool, give me back your Special Tony Playground Access Card, please.

also, *mon frère

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:37 am 

Oh no, a PENIS!

:roll:
Hehe, foreskins.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:39 am 

And he touched his crotch! OMG

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 am 

Haha, I'm not homophobic. I do have some good friends who are gay and they're not indecent. There's the difference - decency.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:45 am 

That's absolutely ridiculous, Shouvince. It should've been enough to tell him that you didn't appreciate his advances, and there was no need for you to act like a childish dullard.

Crick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:48 am 

Fuck decency! THE WORLD IS YOUR ORGY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4FlHsoBmY
Hehe, foreskins.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:50 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
That's absolutely ridiculous, Shouvince. It should've been enough to tell him that you didn't appreciate his advances, and there was no need for you to act like a childish dullard.

In my defense, I was quite young then. That was my first reaction and I acted on it. Anyway, 'childish dullard'? Haha. Fine, point taken.

Edit: Crick, :lol:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:55 am 

Yes, I find it very childish to be creeped out by such a thing as "effeminate" behavior, precisely because it's a fear I usually associate with males whose balls haven't dropped yet. For the sake of balance though, I must say that it was pretty dickish (no pun intended) of that guy to keep on pestering you like that when it was more than obvious that you weren't interested.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 am 

shouvince wrote:
erotic tales of classroom seduction

Sounds pretty hawt.You should've sucked each other's dicks right there in class, mon freire.

Also, DAE think this kid's making it clearly known how DISGUSTED he was with this situation is just classic hetero-normative overcompensation? ("No, No I WAS FUCKING DISGUSTED BY IT, guise") so textbook, it's hilarious. Anyway, as you were...

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:07 am 

You know all about the first part yoo.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Crick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:15 am 

I cant help but feel we're being a bit like the crowd at the end of that one South Park episode where Mr. Garrison tries to get fired by trotting on stage in drag riding Mr. Slave and everyone applauds his bravery.
Hehe, foreskins.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:18 am 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
shouvince wrote:
erotic tales of classroom seduction

Sounds pretty hawt.You should've sucked each other's dicks right there in class, mon freire.

Also, DAE think this kid's making it clearly known how DISGUSTED he was with this situation is just classic hetero-normative overcompensation? ("No, No I WAS FUCKING DISGUSTED BY IT, guise") so textbook, it's hilarious. Anyway, as you were...

Funny thing about the internet, it gives people courage to rile off whatever they please, ey DRD?

And textbook? I wasn't fishing for support or anything close. I know the post was a bit dramatic but I was merely stating an incident that happened to me eons ago. That's all.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:22 am 

DRD would say this in real life, well I hope he would say that to me! <3

Funny that you needed to specify that you were "young and naive" when this happened too. You posted something mildly controversial, assume the fact that some people will give you their point of views.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:29 am 

DRD has a strong male following on this forum. I wouldn't mess with him.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:41 am 

@Ralfikk123, Everyone knows about DRD. I remember having several run-ins with him in the Movie thread.

Metantoine wrote:
DRD would say this in real life, well I hope he would say that to me! <3

Funny that you needed to specify that you were "young and naive" when this happened too. You posted something mildly controversial, assume the fact that some people will give you their point of views.

In real life or out here, still is pretty childish to retort back in that fashion. Referring to the first bit of his post only of course.

Metantoine, yeah it did dawn on me only after posting that it could be controversial as you put it. And I'm also not butthurt about different opinions. I welcome them as long as they aren't plain insults.

Also, points of view* :)

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:42 am 

ralfikk123 wrote:
DRD has a strong male following on this forum. I wouldn't mess with him.

DRD is the Razorwyre singer. Sure as fuck he has a following! :metal:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:13 am 

I'm sorry guys but I'm gonna have to agree with Shouvince on this one, it's not OK for strangers to wiggle their penises at you, and it's seriously, SERIOUSLY creepy. Homosexuality doesn't even come into it, I'm sure most gay guys would be totally creeped out by that too.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 am 

failsafeman wrote:
it's not OK for strangers to wiggle their penises at you

:lol:

But seriously, he's right. Homophobic or not, that's sexual harassment. I mean, come on, does that really need to be said?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:32 am 

Well, call me crazy, but I see that type of behavior as stupid and douchebaggy instead of creepy.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:44 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
Well, call me crazy, but I see that type of behavior as stupid and douchebaggy instead of creepy.

Well you are :)

Now that we have had this little shindig done with, here's something you'd probably find creepy since you aren't fond of mantises either. But heck, they're spiders and they're awesome. The video isn't graphic so don't worry.

Spoiler: show

Quote:
In the Brazilian town of Santo Antônio da Platina, spiders known as Anelosimus eximius were shot by Erick Reis as they showered the sky. Marta Fischer, a local biologist, is quoted at G1 as saying (translated), “…They are usually in trees during the day and in the late afternoon and early evening construct a sort of sheet webs, each makes his and then they come together. The goal is to capture insects.” She also says this phenomenon is normal.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:49 am 

Dude. FUUUUUUUCK THAT. :ugh:

I'm okay with spiders. That's just fucking uncalled for.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:57 am 

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be there. I'd get as far away from those arachnids! But you have to admit, it's quite amazing how so many have gathered there.

What's strange is that the biologist said that the phenomenon was normal. I wonder how the local Brazilians react to such things. Just another day I suppose...

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 am 

Xlxlx wrote:

The way I see it, "creepy" is defined as stupid/douchebaggy/socially awkward behavior + sexual intent. So that guy was pretty much the definition of a creep.

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Cooking isn't intimidating if you get in and have a crack/experiment with different seasoning and spices, and most importantly, taste test it. It can really change the dynamic of the dish you're making.

Pretty much. My friends are pretty much split between ex cooks/chefs like myself and people who are fundamentally afraid of cooking anything other than the most basic stuff. And a few who claim to be utterly indifferent to food, which I find hard to fathom.

If I had to teach someone from scratch, I'd say focus on technique rather than ingredients. What I mean by this is work out how long things take to cook over different heat sources, how to do simple shit like cooking a steak, blanching, sauteeing, deep frying, stir frying etc rather than get too worried about spices. that said, setting up a basic fridge pantry with just about all the shit you'll ever need is way cheaper and easier than you might think. If you went out and bought:

dried chilli
salt
pepper
garum masala
tumeric
mixed herbs
dried basil
balsamic vinegar
cardamom
fish sauce
oyster sauce
worstershire sauce
sweet chili sauce
dried coriander
olive oil
sesame oil
scheschwan pepper
sweet/hot paprika
nutmeg
cloves
crushed garlic
crushed ginger
a few other bits and bobs

You would spend about $50/$60 Australian, so way less for those of you in places where the cost of living is cheaper, and that shit will last you for years and let you make just about anything. I'm not pulling this out of my arse as I used to work in commercial kitchens for years, and now cook for a family of 3 every night with low fuss/stress - I can be derping around in the kitchen drinking wine and talking to my GF without it getting out of control or making a big mess. If anything, the one-off cost lies in getting a decent set of tools - knives, chopping boards, measuring cups, baking trays, caserole dishes etc. but you do it once and it lasts a lifetime. And if you can get your roommates to leave you alone for the night, being able to nail an awesome meal will absolutely, positively get you laid.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:10 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
So, I just found out that Kelly Carpenter recorded a demo with Adagio, and it sounds exactly as expected; fantastic vocals, average (if better than usual for Kelly) music. Fuck's sake man, when will you be backed by music that is at least as good as your voice?

EDIT: So, the second song, Carry the Cross, is in fact quite good. It's got a nice driving rhythm, and Kelly's vocal melodies are at their best (if not at their most extreme). Still, dude deserves better.

You know, I heard this back when they released it and it's actually my least favourite thing he's done. The music is alright I guess but the vocal melodies are kind of lame and Kelly is capable of so much more.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:16 am 

shouvince wrote:
Haha, I'm not homophobic. I do have some good friends who are gay.

I'm not racist, I have black friends.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:23 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
shouvince wrote:
Haha, I'm not homophobic. I do have some good friends who are gay.

I'm not racist, I have black friends.

I'm not elitist, I have friends that listen to deathcore.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 am 

I'm not racist, I listen to Will Smith!

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:14 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:

♥_♥ teehee...

shouvince wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
...I was perplexed and before I could say anything, he glanced towards his crotch. He was fuckin' moving his dick! And he was smiling at the same time! Oh the horrors! :o :puke: I got the fuck out of class. Went to the washroom and returned to sit somewhere else. I shit you not. It's a true story. So yeah, effeminate and creepy as fuck. My incident could be slightly unrelated to the original post and I digressed but it's this context Xlxlx, this context. Sigh. Ever since then, I've been wary of effeminate guys.

IDK how old you were when that happened, and it doesn't really matter because that's pervy and gross (and should also be considered sexual harassment) coming from anyone, straight or otherwise. Needless to say though, that was one person who did that to you (and, if I had to imagine, probably someone highly confused/hormonal/CREEPY, esp. if this was at a young age). You must understand that's not "normal" behavior, and do not let it color your vision of entire groups of people.

That shouldn't have happened to you, especially in that environment, but the simple fact is that most people wouldn't have done it to you either. I'd hate to think you feel that is "what gay ppl do"... I mean, that's not even in most gay bars (I guess it depends on the kind of bar it is, but most aren't actually gay sex dungeons, at least not the ones that share male and female patrons... and fat people [moi])

MUCH GAY LUUV, GURL... er, I mean, mon frére!

Metantoine wrote:
And he touched his crotch! OMG

IDK, I feel bad for the dude. I'd probably feel confused/uncomfortable if someone did that to me at a young age, even being....... guh-guh... g-g-gay.

TMI:
Spoiler: show
I actually had a friend "flirt" with me in middle school... like, literally rubbing his junk and talking all nasssteh about me meeting him in the bathroom in PE class.

Confusing to say the least. I was kinda half thinking he was fucking with me, and so I just along with it while half not knowing if he was serious... and I actually went to the bathroom at the end of school, which was of course empty... and it was never spoke of again...

I actually forgot about that, but it was a strange day to say the least. and I was a hormonal almost-teenager. Puberty was a weird time for me. It's a haze of almost dissociated sexual experimentation that just feels like a weird fog of confusion between the period that I was a child and a clear-headed adult. I think puberty is like that for most kids (including the crotch-rubber, lol).

That bathroom story makes me sound like a creep, but I am older now, not some dumb kid like I was back then (this was 6th grade). I hardly knew what sex was back then, nor did I think I was gay or suggest to anyone else I was. Sex seemed exciting and totally mysterious, mostly because it was something I didn't know about beyond "putting stuff into holes"... in this case, my mouth. Covertly. In a middle school restroom, which just made it seem more exciting to my young, confused mind.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 am 

iAm wrote:
Dude. FUUUUUUUCK THAT. :ugh:

I'm okay with spiders. That's just fucking uncalled for.

QFT (only spiders scare the fuck out of me).

That is like something you'd see on datura.
Do NOT fucking want. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

Quote:
Just another day [on Christmas Island] I suppose...

Most misleading name ever...

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:10 am 

Crick wrote:
Fuck decency! THE WORLD IS YOUR ORGY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4FlHsoBmY
Sounds video game club music. Is that a style of music? Mixing video game music, and turning it into club music.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 798, 799, 800, 801, 802, 803, 804 ... 827  Next