Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metaldude23
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:21 pm 

Hi, each year I have been going to Graspop in Belgium. It's okay, but too many bands I don't really like or don't want to watch. The cost of a ticket now is way too high in my opinion. So my question is now, does anyone know any good festivals in Europe? The genres I like are death metal, (funeral) doom metal, and black metal, especially depressive and atmosphaeric black metal. If you know any festivals with these genres in Europe, please do let me know! One festival which seemed nice was Mountains of Death in Switzerland, but it seems they are going to quit or have quit.

Regards!

diovim
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:44 am 

Hails, there are some in Lithuania:
Metalinis Speigas, in Panevezys town, it's small, but you can see there in every year's winter some death metal or black metal bands from Baltic States, ticket costs less than 5 euros, so very affordable
http://www.facebook.com/events/217348535065049/

But if you like big fests, Kilkim Žaibu is best for you:
http://www.kilkimzaibu.com/en/2013
here are ticket prices and band list for earlier fest: http://www.kilkimzaibu.com/en/2012/tickets

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:23 am 

Since you mentioned 'Death Metal', don't pass up on the Neurotic Death Fest happening at Tilburg. That's got a crazy lineup.
www.facebook.com/neurotic.deathfest

The rest of the festivals are pretty much a mixed bag in terms of genres, mainstream bands, underground bands etc. This site can be a good starting reference - www.allmetalfest.com And you can also browse through the other threads here.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:44 am 

I bought my ticket for NDF just the other day. Gonna be sweet.
Ill laugh if better bands play during the Death to All set. I know its a one off chance but its still only Death.

Metaldude23
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 pm 

Thanks for the suggestions! I like the kind of black metal festival in Lithuania, a bit far though, although it looks really good. The Neurotic Death fest Seems nice too, it's in holland so that's very close, thanks! I'll certainly check that!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 am 

Metaldude23 wrote:
Hi, each year I have been going to Graspop in Belgium. It's okay, but too many bands I don't really like or don't want to watch. The cost of a ticket now is way too high in my opinion. So my question is now, does anyone know any good festivals in Europe? The genres I like are death metal, (funeral) doom metal, and black metal, especially depressive and atmosphaeric black metal. If you know any festivals with these genres in Europe, please do let me know! One festival which seemed nice was Mountains of Death in Switzerland, but it seems they are going to quit or have quit.
Regards!

What about Hellfest?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=95009

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm 

Party.San Open Air in eastern Germany. Mostly death and black metal and other good stuff for added variety. With 50-60€ it's pretty cheap too.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

mschoech
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 am 

Since you mentioned Doom, it looks like MetalDays (formerly Metal Camp) will have quite a bit this year. (Pentagram, Orange Goblin, Mustasch...) It's in the small town of Tolmin in beautiful Slovenia. 139.00 € for the 'Fan Package'... whole week, +CD + T-shirt. On-site camping free w/ tickets

Site: http://metaldays.net/
Doom over Metaldays: http://metaldays.net/News/58/doom-over-metaldays

zgole
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:39 pm 

I definetly reccomend SUMMER BREEZE in Germany = good fun, death/black/hc, free shuttle bus to town, lot of people etc.

:metal:

zgole
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:42 pm 

I would like to go to GMM and Hellfest, but Belgium and France are expensive for me, cause i drink a lot :D:D:D

Reply to topic