Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:34 am 

Cool. I've had decent conversations about Norse mythology when people find out my dog is named Odin, but nothing good can come of showing my relatives my tattoos. Well, maybe my deep sea fishes, but I doubt they'd understand why I'd like fish enough to get them on my legs permanently.

Every time one of my friends gets a new tattoo, my mom's opinion of them goes down (not that she knows many of my friends).

Though I do think general acceptance of tattoos is becoming more common. I'm sometimes shocked about how often I see people with tattoos on their arms when I visit any type of business, including hospitals. I worked at a convenience store ten or twelve years ago, and anyone with visible tattoos had to cover them with long sleeves. In a fucking convenience store.
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:41 am 

circleofdestruction wrote:
Though I do think general acceptance of tattoos is becoming more common. I'm sometimes shocked about how often I see people with tattoos on their arms when I visit any type of business, including hospitals. I worked at a convenience store ten or twelve years ago, and anyone with visible tattoos had to cover them with long sleeves. In a fucking convenience store.

You've never been to Seattle, have you? Before I moved I remember seeing a guy working as a bank teller with a hatchet-man tattoo of all things on his forearm. Complete with septum piercing, and multiple earrings.

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 am 

iAm wrote:
You've never been to Seattle, have you? Before I moved I remember seeing a guy working as a bank teller with a hatchet-man tattoo of all things on his forearm. Complete with septum piercing, and multiple earrings.

I'm talking about super-conservative small town PA, 10-20 years ago, mostly. I mean now, everywhere you go half the people have full sleeves and 2 lbs of metal in their faces. When I was on the HS cross country team (17-18 years ago) runners had to wear bandages over their tattoos, even if they weren't offensive (that was a minority, since they were in HS and mostly underage, but they existed).

But no, I have not been to that part of the country.

mcmufffins
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:37 pm 

One of my English teachers had gauges, a mohawk and several visible tattoos :P I was really surprised he was hired.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 am 

He got them after getting tenured.

mcmufffins
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:54 am 

He doesn't have tenure yet, hes only been teachin for a few years :P

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:41 pm 

Yeah, that's my point. This didn't used to happen.

Other than that, my arms are naked and I feel strange about that lately, not having any arm tattoos despite having a lot of tattoos elsewhere.

Aetherial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:38 am 

Here's some of my tattoos:

soverysorry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:11 pm 

I'd love to get a tattoo, but I'm still waiting for the right image to come to me. I want something that ties in my political beliefs (radical left wing) with the music I love (punk/metal), but I still have no idea what I can create from that. Either that or something Celtic, like a triple spiral on my chest or something, but I figured that's too typical for an Irish person, really.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:19 pm 

Cool tats Aetherial

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Aetherial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Cool tats Aetherial

I admit, I'm an addict :lol: I'm gonna have my Japanese sleeve finished on 31!

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 am 

Here it is!

Aetherial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 am 

Very cool design!! :thumbsup:

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:11 pm 

Yeah, that is sick. Really well done.

Aetherial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:24 am 

Kveldulfr, how much did it cost?

Naturespawn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:26 am 

I have a text on my chest on right side that says NON SERVIAM. I'm gonna take a sigil of Baphomet on my wrist after i get out of army sometime next year. Probably gonna take "Dio" as well to honor him.
Here's a pic of that text:

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:54 pm 

Aetherial wrote:
Kveldulfr, how much did it cost?

He wanted to charge $60 (usd). The tattoo artist did some works for me and my wife on the past, and the most important thing is that he did it in 1 shot (almost 7 hours of work, which I endured as a viking :p). I gave him extra $20 as a token of appreciation, so I paid $80, which here it's extremely cheap, especially given the skill of the guy.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:23 am 

You paid $80 for that!? :eek: And it took 7 hours too. Man, that should have cost you hundreds. He is too good to be charging such cheep prices. hahah

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 am 

I know it's very cheap! from what I know, the guy often charges more, but my wife and I went there recommended by a friend and that's why the guy offered a 'fair price'. My wife has 2 tattoos already.

This is the guy: https://www.facebook.com/ogro.tattoo

I'll get a Cthulhu on my other arm on December with this guy:

https://www.facebook.com/nekronikon

nahtanoj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:27 am 

Most recent:

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:34 am 

---

Last edited by Twin_guitar_attack on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:25 pm 

Getting my first tattoo in january, if everything goes well. I'm getting the Type O Negative/sub-zero symbol on my arm.
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:05 pm 

I've got three tats so far: a memorial tat (black rose) for the passing of my wife, a Russian Orthodox cross (even though I'm not Orthodox anymore), and a Corrosion of Conformity skull. I'm going to add some to the cross and the skull this year.

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:46 am 

Anyone on here who has got me on Facebook is probably sick of seeing this picture but I've got a couple tattoos which include this one that covers most of my lower arm:

The job I'm currently in is the first job I've had since I got it done about a year ago, they're pretty lax about looks there probably because it's a call centre.
The only thing they care about in the presentation department is offensive shirts, body odor and underwear hanging out of pants which you probably shouldn't be employed anywhere if you can't even manage that.

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:05 pm 

[quote="Twin_guitar_attack"The problem is the logo seems very complicated, and as it's usually in white, it would need to be turned black, [/quote]

there you go - for pre-viewing purpose ;)

nekrobogan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm 

Jackoroth wrote:
Anyone on here who has got me on Facebook is probably sick of seeing this picture but I've got a couple tattoos which include this one that covers most of my lower arm:

The job I'm currently in is the first job I've had since I got it done about a year ago, they're pretty lax about looks there probably because it's a call centre.
The only thing they care about in the presentation department is offensive shirts, body odor and underwear hanging out of pants which you probably shouldn't be employed anywhere if you can't even manage that.

my ex has a very similar tattoo also, taken from havohej i gather?

too lazy to find pics of mine but i have so far

My bands demo artwork on my right forearm
spiderweb on right elbow
Revenge barbed wire/bone crucifix bicep
Blasphemy goat upper arm

Black sun left elbow
Craft fuck the universe chaos star upper arm

and getting done eventually the bolt thrower - in battle there is now law cover under the chaos star, and the amebix - no gods, no masters banner behind my arm

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 pm 

nekrobogan wrote:
Jackoroth wrote:

my ex has a very similar tattoo also, taken from havohej i gather?

Havohej? No.
It's a design that Tom Warrior drew around the days of Hellhammer.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:59 pm 

grauer_mausling wrote:

there you go - for pre-viewing purpose ;)

Cool. Would a tatoo like this be doable, or would it be too complicated? I know literally nothing about them.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:14 pm 

While it's too early for a pic since I litterally just got it finished, I now have a sketch of Godzilla on my right upper arm with buildings lightning, tanks and helicopters around him. I'm getting the coloring done in early April.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:28 am 

I have a Godzilla vs Gidorah tattoo + burning buildings/wreckage + fighter jets drawn up. Now I just gotta get my lazy tattoo artist to fucking do it.

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:36 am 

You guys have some nice work. I have 6 myself. All shitty work, done in drunken states overseas in various military tours.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 pm 

TheGrimWombat wrote:
I have a Godzilla vs Gidorah tattoo + burning buildings/wreckage + fighter jets drawn up. Now I just gotta get my lazy tattoo artist to fucking do it.

I've always wanted a Godzilla tattoo! That should look pretty badass once finished. As for mine, I have an octopus and a purple and gold tiger shark on my right forearm, Sailor Jerry style flash. I also have a flaming skull impaled with a dagger that has a stoned eye on the hilt on my right tricep. It's about time I get back to the shop and get some new ink...

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:45 am 

I recently got the Mandalrian skull on my inner right bicep, I'll try to take a picture of it soon (and retake a picture of my pentagram). I definitely need some more ink, the toughest part is always deciding what to get, and where. I just have to consider if I want to professionally condem myself to always wearing long sleeves.

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:16 am 

Dragunov wrote:
TheGrimWombat wrote:

I've always wanted a Godzilla tattoo! That should look pretty badass once finished.

Just gotta get him on it. The artwork drawn up looks pretty cool...and you can't go wrong with Big G! Easily my favorite memory from childhood that has bled on into my adult life.

beeneNOLAdoobie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 am 

both forearms done within the last 6 months

Masterbas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:33 pm 

I got 3 tattoo myself, and I'm getting more and SOON. I only got one from a Metal band tho, I love a LOT of band, but this one is the reason why I love metal: Sonata Arctica. So I got this done last year (after 10y listening to the band), pondered it for over a year before I made the move:

And this is the one I got the year before:

3rd one is a work in progress.

I'll probably expand the Sonata one one day and add more band related pic around it. But I dont want to do anything rash, since I'll live with it for the rest of my days. I'm really really happy with the ones I got so far. I was thinking bands like Stratovarius, Epica, Insomnium...

I also agree about everything you guys said about visible tattoos, I work in an office all day. I couldn't have this job if I had visible tattoos. I know it's idiotic since having tattoos doesn't remove your brain and you can still be fit for the job, but it, still today, gives a weird impression on the interviewers.

odium88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:16 pm 

what do u think about Leprosy Death?

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:54 pm 

TheGrimWombat wrote:
Why do you want a lazy tattoo artists to do it? Go find one that is motivated to work. Especially for any detail oriented piece.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 am 

Slag wrote:
TheGrimWombat wrote:
Why do you want a lazy tattoo artists to do it? Go find one that is motivated to work. Especially for any detail oriented piece.

He's just lazy to get started. He does work for a lot of the people here in town.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:51 am 

Meh, even still. Haha But your idea will be so awesome when finally inked up. You're going to definitely going to have to remember to throw it on here.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next