Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Alevilleandra11221967
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:17 pm
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:39 pm 
 

Quote:
Very damn far from being metal. No way it's gonna be approved.

Ok, I understand. Thanks for your time.

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 pm 
 

Two things...

First, the band I Warned You from the Czech Republic is blacklisted. If the genre is in question I think they are metal enough (there is of course metalcore mixed in there but it sounds largely death metal), but I'm only going by a couple songs so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7pKGfuAoLM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOeqmn2zAB8

Also from what I can gather they released an album on December 18, 2012.

Their facebook is in Czech, I'm working on translating all of that using Google.

https://www.facebook.com/iwycore

At the very least I'd like to know why exactly the band is on the blacklist, and if the reason is because of genre if the two songs I posted are considered metal enough.



The second thing is, I think it would be a good idea to pair every band that is on the blacklist with a short statement of the reason why they are on there. That way, if someone were to say try and add Slipknot on the archives the orange box would come up, but it would also include "Reason: Mallcore".

Or a band that is blacklisted because of no valid release, would simply be "Reason: No valid release"

Perhaps the reason could be a link to the rules that show people exactly what constitutes a metal band and what constitutes a valid release, whether it be a physical or digital release.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
DKBMWORSHIP666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:58 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:40 pm 
 

Please remove the Danish Black metal band "Natblot" from the blacklist. Its a legit name. I got in my possession a demo tape and its up to ALL metal archive band submission rules... Unless some mod can tell me otherwise ?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59 pm 
 

Can you post pictures of your tape?
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59 pm 
 

DKBMWORSHIP666 wrote:
Please remove the Danish Black metal band "Natblot" from the blacklist. Its a legit name. I got in my possession a demo tape and its up to ALL metal archive band submission rules... Unless some mod can tell me otherwise ?

Show us the pictures of the tape in this thread and I'll unblacklist them. The last guy who tried submitting it was very adamant in his refusal to show any evidence. :p

EDIT: Damn, Azmodes beat me to it.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
DKBMWORSHIP666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:58 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 pm 
 

Ok

http://tinypic.com/r/301lwlg/6

Got this from the distro where I bought it

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:09 pm 
 

DKBMWORSHIP666 wrote:
Ok - http://tinypic.com/r/301lwlg/6 - Got this from the distro where I bought it

Unblacklisted. :) You can submit, mate.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
GucumatzKalam
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:16 am
Posts: 19
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:29 pm 
 

Greetings! The band Omacatl (Mex) wae rejected, why?

I have here physical tapes of the first demo

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =600%2C800

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... permPage=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... permPage=1


Here the Online album, the Single "Corazón de la tierra"

http://thesiteofandroid29a.bandcamp.com ... -la-tierra

The full - length

http://thesiteofandroid29a.bandcamp.com ... tra-tierra


Here the 3 Works, The Demo, the single and the Full - length

The quality is beetter and mora Black/Folk Metal influence

Check this, please

Thanks!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:59 pm 
 

Goatfangs wrote:
Two things...

First, the band I Warned You from the Czech Republic is blacklisted. If the genre is in question I think they are metal enough (there is of course metalcore mixed in there but it sounds largely death metal), but I'm only going by a couple songs so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7pKGfuAoLM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOeqmn2zAB8

Also from what I can gather they released an album on December 18, 2012.

Their facebook is in Czech, I'm working on translating all of that using Google.

https://www.facebook.com/iwycore

At the very least I'd like to know why exactly the band is on the blacklist, and if the reason is because of genre if the two songs I posted are considered metal enough.

Blacklisted by Derigin on December 31st, 2012 for being more -core than metal. I admit, though, that those two songs sound perfectly alright to me. Would be good to have a way of listening to the whole album.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:03 pm 
 

GucumatzKalam wrote:
Greetings! The band Omacatl (Mex) wae rejected, why?

Blacklisted for being -I quote- "mindless strumming (bass?) with bm-shrieking, no guitar riffs". I agree.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 pm 
 

Unbelievable!!!???

First "Atheria" got rejected because it had no approved site concerning digital releases. So i made an official bandcamp site, where one can buy the digital tracks, and also NOW(the EP was released in CD during the band queue waiting, and i added that in update of the band) can buy the CDr(4 copies from me only). The EP is also now released by a Label too then! so it is not just a digital release anymore! This SECOND time it got rejected because of this answer "More ambient than black metal"......??!! Even if it just was ONE song on the EP which had drums guitars and all that is that could be classified as Black Metal, it still is black metal, not to mention Metal in general! Even if the EP in general is "more" ambient, which it is not since in majority it concists of more guitar then keys!!!

So i OBJECT to this - Azmodes! What is the reason?! Even if the most tracks are in keyboards ect(meaning Dark ambient) Dark Ambient is STILL in the black metal genre. Also since dark ambient is classified as relevant in this genre! just as for example Sagittarius(which is actually Classical/Neofolk, which is even more "distant" from the metal genre, in my opinion!), Dargaard, Lord Wolf, Vond, Wojnar, Aekon Ketreeh etc and etc, these are ones that come to my mind.

So please explain to me how you thought now Azmodes?


Last edited by MysticWoods on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:00 pm 
 

Well, yeah, that's how it is. Not sure if the other mods who previously rejected it didn't listen and just rejected because of the release issue or if they thought it was metal enough, but for me it's ambient. Pretty plain. I realize this may seem like we're messing with you, especially after having had that lengthy discussion back in January, but mods often reject bands that don't seem to have a valid release before listening to the music. From what I've seen the band would now be acceptable in terms of release, yes. Maybe I should have checked the band at some point, not ideal, the way it went, but there it is. Sorry for raising your hopes that way. The moderation process is not always smooth, we try to coordinate as best we can, but things slip through and misunderstandings happen.

Anyway... first track on the album is ambient with distorted guitars, second track is ambient, third track is ambient again with some vaguely metal-ish moments, but it's mostly just distorted guitars providing texture, fourth track is ambient, fifth tracks is perhaps the most metallic one, but still mainly ambient without any riffs, sixth track is ambient again.

MysticWoods wrote:
Dark Ambient is STILL in the black metal genre.

No, it's not. It's ambient, not metal.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
fifth tracks is perhaps the most metallic one, but still mainly ambient without any riffs..


How can the fifth track be "more metallic" according to YOU if you exactly in the same sentence say that it got "NO" riffs :D !!!! Unbelievable! Fucking unbelievable! The fifth track HAS guitar riffs - AND the song structure consists of MORE Guitars then keyboards layers!!! have you problem with your hearing or what?! http://atheria.bandcamp.com/ ! Thank you for linking to my bandcamp site btw(for example!), i hope MORE people will understand the main fault with your site after all!! You got bands on this site that is not even metal in any sorts of sense, and you reject bands that ARE in the genre, this site is a total mess.

It is pretty obvious you took offence, and do however you want on this site, this is not convincing. I mentioned various bands which are dark ambient, and are on this site(and by all rights since it is a relevant genre to metal, and especially BLACK metal!). It just for anyone to look up. You rejected an EP that is half dark ambient, and half "metalish"(even if more correctly say everything is metal ANYWAY), while there are bands on this site that are ONLY keyboards! No, i dont believe you. I understood something was wrong, the last time to well when some of you could not give a proper answer!


Last edited by MysticWoods on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 pm 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
fifth tracks is perhaps the most metallic one, but still mainly ambient without any riffs..


How can the fifth track be "more metallic" according to YOU if you exactly in the same sentence say that it got "NO" riffs :D !!!! Unbelievable! Fucking unbelievable! The fifth track HAS guitar riffs - AND the song structure concists of MORE Guitars then keybaord!!! have you problem with your hearing or what?! http://atheria.bandcamp.com/ !

It has guitar progressions and tremolo, yes, that kind that evoke a similarity to black metal for me in terms of sound texture, but notice I wrote "still mainly ambient without any riffs", the guitars' use is still much more akin to ambient structuring than real metal riffs. I wouldn't get too hung up on me phrasing it as "the most metallic track", considering the rest of the album.

MysticWoods wrote:
is pretty obvious you took offence

I assure you I did not and I'm not really sure what you're referring to.

MysticWoods wrote:
and do however you want on this site, this is not convincing. I mentioned various bands which are dark ambient, and are on this site(and by all rights since it is a relevant genre to metal, and especially BLACK metal!

The bands you're talking about are selected non-metal exceptions and/or side-projects of metal musicians/bands. They are not listed because we consider dark ambient to be metal.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:30 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
..the guitars' use is still much more akin to ambient structuring than real metal riffs...


Huh??!! Stupidiest thing you said so far! Hey you are not fooling me or anybody else! You decide however you want on this site, i am suprised this site is a first thing that come up on Google seriously! it really should not be that way, really.

Azmodes wrote:
The bands you're talking about are selected non-metal exceptions and/or side-projects of metal musicians/bands. They are not listed because we consider dark ambient to be metal.


Who are "we"?? I noticed many of the moderators here is like...it gives me a headache talking to some of you - jus tthe same! But still i dont think everybody who hangs here are like you! Dark Ambient has always been in the genre - "metal"(precisly black more) either as just an intro or outro, or either as most of a release or totally and minor tracks etc. AND if you are listing the bands by artists sideprojects that are in a metalband, WELL THEN i say that i am the guy behind the band "Fullmoon Mist"! which is on this site! So?! why dont you go ahead put the Atheria project up allready - since it is my "non metal sideproject"?! So, lets see what you will say now....?! :D Honestly you dont fool me. This is not about the "metalish" thing. You and some others here have got over your ears, to such a low point lately. I just took a look at your music Collection(and your "lastfm - profile" too and i think it explaisn it ALL about you!), seeing musicgroups as "Rage against the machine", Sade, Roxette, and i dont know what-else shit(NO, not just non metal, but plain shit) you listen too and list there, but IN FACT i dont think YOU are a real "Metal"(person who listens, plays, or in some way is affiliated with the genre)(You definitly dont know anything around Black Metal foremost and obviously!) person either! So basically its not just your "personal shit vendetta" here, its the lack of knowledge of the genre in general and you are PATHETIC!. More clear now for me.


Last edited by MysticWoods on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:40 pm 
 

The side-project rule doesn't mean that any ambient project of a metal musician is automatically accepted. It has to be noteworthy in regards to its place in the metal scene and general reknown. No offense, but this does not apply to you from what I can see. It's been a tricky rule and some mods would like to see it gone for consistency's and lack-of-headaches' sake, but it's here to stay and we're very strict about how we regulate that particular clause and what non-metal SPs we do or do not accept. These things are reviewed thoroughly.

Regarding (dark) ambient, it may be closely tied to black metal inasmuch as listenership of the two genres often overlaps and bands from one style like to take influences from the other, but for our purposes, as we define acceptable bands for the site, it's not, musically, metal. It's... well, ambient. This should be rather obvious.

If it upsets you so much talking to the staff in general and me in particular then it may be best to just end this at this point and save us both the time and effort. Clearly you're not happy with our definition of metal or how we run things. I'm not saying you aren't allowed to have another opinion, of course not, but it may be best for all involved if you just went elsewhere and gave this a rest.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
The side-project rule doesn't mean that any ambient project of a metal musician is automatically accepted. It has to be noteworthy in regards to its place in the metal scene and general reknown. No offense, but this does not apply to you from what I can see. It's been a tricky rule and some mods would like to see it gone for consistency's and lack-of-headaches' sake, but it's here to stay and we're very strict about how we regulate that particular clause and what non-metal SPs we do or do not accept. These things are reviewed thoroughly.

Regarding (dark) ambient, it may be closely tied to black metal inasmuch as listenership of the two genres often overlaps and bands from either style often take influences from the other, but for our purposes, as we define acceptable bands for the site, it's not, musically, metal. It's... well, ambient. This should be rather obvious.

If it upsets you so much talking to the staff in general and me in particular then it may be best to just end this at this point and save us both the time and effort. Clearly you're not happy with our definition of metal or how we run things. I'm not saying you aren't allowed to have another opinion, of course not, but it may be best for all involved if you just went elsewhere.


And with that i close by REFER to all the previous i wrote you, simple as that. Bullshit plain and simple! You are the wrong person, in a misguided site with no whatsoever order and information based on facts, but on decisions by someone...like yourself, and that's all i have to say and close with!

Top
 Profile  
THRASHEADEREK
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:53 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Portage, IN, USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 pm 
 

Alright, posting in an effort to resubmit the band Sick/Tired.
They have a new sound/lineup that is way more metal than before, it is grindcore taking more from the death metal side of things in terms of chugging and winding riffs and the vocals are death growls mixed with screams.
new tracks (rabid dogs is a coc cover fyi): http://sick-tired.bandcamp.com/

In addition to that they have recorded sludge metal songs before, here are links to a couple:
http://sick-tired.bandcamp.com/track/the-lifetaker
http://sick-tired.bandcamp.com/track/banishment

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9632
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:36 pm 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
Who are "we"?? I noticed many of the moderators here is like...it gives me a headache talking to some of you - jus tthe same! But still i dont think everybody who hangs here are like you! Dark Ambient has always been in the genre - "metal"(precisly black more) either as just an intro or outro, or either as most of a release or totally and minor tracks etc. AND if you are listing the bands by artists sideprojects that are in a metalband, WELL THEN i say that i am the guy behind the band "Fullmoon Mist"! which is on this site! So?! why dont you go ahead put the Atheria project up allready - since it is my "non metal sideproject"?! So, lets see what you will say now....?! :D Honestly you dont fool me. This is not about the "metalish" thing. You and some others here have got over your ears, to such a low point lately. I just took a look at your music Collection(and your "lastfm - profile" too and i think it explaisn it ALL about you!), seeing musicgroups as "Rage against the machine", Sade, Roxette, and i dont know what-else shit(not just non metal, but plain shit) you listen too and list there, but IN FACT i dont think YOU are a real "Metal"(Definitly not into Black Metal foremost and obviously!)person who listens, plays, or in some way is affilieted with the genre) person either! So basically its not just your "personal shit vendetta" here, its the lack of knowledge of the genre in general and you are PATHETIC!. More clear now for me.

Okay, I see the problem now. Azmodes has kindly and patiently explained to you that your ambient music isn't metal. But the fact remains that you are quite possibly the thickest, densest, and stupidest person to ever post in this thread, so his posts fly right over your head. And that's saying a lot: we've had our share of morons over the years. But you just steadfastly refuse to listen and comprehend the things being said to you. This rare ability to shut your mind off and utterly fail to assimilate new information is nothing short of remarkable. This was already the case in the previous discussion about acceptable releases, but now it's gone one notch further. So, congratulations on being so dumb as to transcend dumbness.

Amazing, though, that you'd take potshots at Azmodes's last.fm to question his knowledge of metal. Classic ad hominem. Just because he likes some non-metal music doesn't mean he doesn't know his metal. Not only does he obviously know more about metal than you do, since you think dark ambient is metal music when it's clearly not, but he's actually very knowledgeable and as site owner I fully endorse his decision. Go on, look at MY last.fm -- oh no, I have Pink Floyd, Dead Can Dance, Loreena McKennitt and video game scores among my listens, my tr00ness cred is gone!

Seriously, what a fucking idiot. :durr: :lol:
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Okay, I see the problem now. Azmodes has kindly and patiently explained to you that your ambient music isn't metal. But the fact remains that you are quite possibly the thickest, densest, and stupidest person to ever post in this thread, so his posts fly right over your head. And that's saying a lot: we've had our share of morons over the years. But you just steadfastly refuse to listen and comprehend the things being said to you. This rare ability to shut your mind off and utterly fail to assimilate new information is nothing short of remarkable. This was already the case in the previous discussion about acceptable releases, but now it's gone one notch further. So, congratulations on being so dumb as to transcend dumbness.

Amazing, though, that you'd take potshots at Azmodes's last.fm to question his knowledge of metal. Classic ad hominem. Just because he likes some non-metal music doesn't mean he doesn't know his metal. Not only does he obviously know more about metal than you do, since you think dark ambient is metal music when it's clearly not, but he's actually very knowledgeable and as site owner I fully endorse his decision. Go on, look at MY last.fm -- oh no, I have Pink Floyd, Dead Can Dance, Loreena McKennitt and video game scores among my listens, my tr00ness cred is gone!

Seriously, what a fucking idiot. :durr: :lol:


You are both pathetic, you dont go by whats metal and not(clearly by so many reasons, let alone my case now), but you got so offended you decided to shut this project down! Whatever else you say will not change this fact!
Also i did not per say that Dark Ambient alone IS in Metal, BUT i said it is RELEVANT!!! to the genre and especially black metal, which neither him or you know to much about as a genre!!

Also you lame idiot, sad excuse for a moderator on a so called metal database site!: To have Dead can dance(which is a good classic ethereal wave and etc band - or your DAMN video scores) is NOT the same as regarding stuff like "Rage against the machine, Sade and Roxette", and these were just a quick browse by me through the letter "R" on his list!! Who knows what else there is, and what kind of person him and you are really anyway! This is a POINT i pointed out except your disrespect and hate towards me. I recall both him and you actually for the most slow and arrogant moderators on here! Pathetic!


Last edited by MysticWoods on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9632
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 pm 
 

Once again proving me you are too stupid to comprehend what is being written. Thick as a castle wall...

So what if Azmodes likes Rage Against the Machine? I can't stand them myself, but he obviously doesn't think they're metal. Why do you care what someone listens to? And it won't change the fact that your music is not metal in any way. If you think ambient is metal, you're an ignorant moron.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8789
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm 
 

:brick: :annoyed:
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:07 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Once again proving me you are too stupid to comprehend what is being written. Thick as a castle wall...

So what if Azmodes likes Rage Against the Machine? I can't stand them myself, but he obviously doesn't think they're metal. Why do you care what someone listens to? And it won't change the fact that your music is not metal in any way. If you think ambient is metal, you're an ignorant moron.


Not only do you know about Black Metal(id say and make a wild guess Metal in general though), but you dont know EITHER what Dark Ambient is apparently either! If my EP would be TOTAL Dark Ambient, it would not have regular black metal drumming(see double bass for example, i guess you dont know what that is, yet you are one of the moderators on this board, fucking great!!!), or Guitars and Bass riffs and vocals either in 2 of the tracks! Let us ask someone else here btw for a quick reason at least - right now at this board: if this release is Metal, or just TOTAL Ambient as you say! A suggestion! Well the answer is simply THAT i got rejected because you are pathetic to what i wrote to you some months ago!

EDIT: I dont give a flying shit if you can't stand a band such as Rage against the machine, NO REAL Metalhead can stand them you idiot! I got rejected by someone who is NOT a MEtalhead and who listens to rage against the machine, FOR EXAMPLE, trying to tell me about what is Metal and not, and THAT is Pathetic. You need a cleansing of moderators for such a site!

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9632
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:14 pm 
 

Yeah, you got me, I don't know what double-bass is.... :rolleyes:

This has gone long enough. Fuck off already.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8789
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:15 pm 
 

Time for some cleansing like you said!
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
TheGrimWombat
Nelson Wannabe

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 1414
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 am 
 

Assmodes is so unmetal. I can't be his friend anymore.
_________________
Successful deals: Metalrecords, screamingskulls1313, Gogsi (x2), Kovner, Lord_Elden, sehaitt, blutkvlts, Matty_The_Emo_Slayer, einvolk, Madcow

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:08 am 
 

I admit it, I is a listener of non-metal stuffs. I wanted to come clean about this a long time ago, but couldn't bring myself to it. Pretty embarrassing.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1531
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 am 
 

Wow, just wow!

I wonder what he would say about me, considering I like old school hiphop/rap.
I'm not a true metal head I guess....

But I could say the same about using keyboards in black metal. Keyboards = poser bullcrap!
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:33 am 
 

I rarely - if ever, listen to non-metal stuff. Because hey, close-mindedness rocks... :p Right? RIGHT?

Nah. I don't consider that a blessing, mind you, it just means there's so much more shit that irritates me that people listen to. :lol:
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Rob1
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:50 am
Posts: 438
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:39 pm 
 

I, as being not a moderator on this site, have to say that although Dark Ambient has some relevance to Black Metal it still is not metal.
Double Bass drumming is also used in Jazz so this site should also include Jazz for this reason? Or should they say that Jazz is relevant to Black Metal since they both share the use of guitars, double bass drumming and bassguitar.
I know my fair share of music, have never been narrow minded about any form of music but I do know that there are lots of different styles of music.
In saying that Dark Ambient has more similarities in common with House and Trance than it does with Black Metal.
Guitars in Black Ambient are there for soundscaping reasons not as the foundation of the song whereas in Metal (any style) guitars do form the foundation of the music.

Trying to get some shitty Dark Ambient project posted on a Metal Encyclopedia is like asking George Bush to become a communist!

Top
 Profile  
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 11994
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm 
 

Well that has been most entertaining^

Hate to repost but I kinda think my question got overlooked a few days ago with the other bombardment of hilarity.

Just curious to why Pornography from TN is blacklisted? My guess it's not quite metal enough..

http://prngrphy.bandcamp.com/

I found out about the blacklisting when I attempted to add to the archives. I'm only guessing of the reason of the blacklisting... I kinda felt it was close enough cause it's actually rather simiar to my Yzord project. No matter either way though. I won't go on an insane post spree attacking everything and everyone :p
_________________
A bunch of mp3s is not a collection of anything.
http://www.cavepaints.com <--Horrid art and musics.
http://www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs <--- huge heavy/loud boxes I build.
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/ Check out my music here

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8789
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:13 pm 
 

Considered "noise rock/post punk".

Also for those still replying to MysticWoods, the guy has been banned, move on, please.
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 11994
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 pm 
 

Works for me, that's what he considers himself more so than metal as well. no big thang. he always tells me he is ripping Swans and me off. lol
_________________
A bunch of mp3s is not a collection of anything.
http://www.cavepaints.com <--Horrid art and musics.
http://www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs <--- huge heavy/loud boxes I build.
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/ Check out my music here

Top
 Profile  
nisakuv
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm 
 

Hello,

A few days ago I submitted the band HIGHLAND and the submission was rejected. The band has an official EP release as of 2-1-13, and it can be found via the following links:


http://www.facebook.com/pages/HIGHLAND/ ... 8091127385

https://soundcloud.com/narek-avetisian


The release has official cover art along with a logo designed by Christophe Szpajdel. They are already working on a full-length that will be released sometime in the next year.

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 733
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm 
 

Wanted to ask about Corsair. I'm assuming they are blacklisted for being too rock? Although their first LP is metal in my opinion, the latest record is even more so. They have a very NWOBHM sound to them but I also listen to them besides Slough Feg which share some similar moments. There's definitely rock rhythms but the leads are metal all the way. I just wanted to ask for a reconsideration. Listen to songs like Gryphon Wing and Of Kings and Cowards. Those are metal riffs all the way. No sweat either way just thought they deserved a re-consideration.

http://corsair.bandcamp.com/album/corsair-s-t
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8789
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:22 pm 
 

Both Azmodes and myself are fans of Corsair and we both think they're more hard rock than metal, they're quite borderline though.

I enjoy them so I'll check them out again tonight, but I'm afraid they won't be unblacklisted.
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 733
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
Both Azmodes and myself are fans of Corsair and we both think they're more hard rock than metal, they're quite borderline though.

I enjoy them so I'll check them out again tonight, but I'm afraid they won't be unblacklisted.


Fair enough. Thanks for the response.
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 am 
 

Their self-titled is metal-influenced prog/hard rock for me. The leads, yeah... but the backbone of the songs aren't metallic riffs. But I can see why someone would disagree, colourful band.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
murderson
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:07 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:05 am 
 

I wanted to add "Toxic Beast" (Germany) to the archives, but can't 'cause someone allready tried it and they were blacklistet.
I think they are blacklistet, 'cause someone added them, before they released something, but now they did.
I am a good friend of them and want to add them into this and I want to ask, if I (or if that is impossible, then oe of you) can update the entry for them, so that everything is fine and they can be in the archives?

Evidence:

https://www.facebook.com/fearthetoxicbe ... tos_stream
http://www.lastfm.de/music/Toxic+Beast/ ... +Promotion

If this isn't the Toxic Beast from Leipzig, Germany, who was blacklistet, what can I do to add THIS group?
Thanks!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:09 am 
 

You thought right. Can now be submitted.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194 ... 293  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group