* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 pm 

Vintersorrow wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
Still worried about goaltending though, we WILL NOT win a Cup with Crawford.

Jonathan Bernier for, say, Patrick Sharp? :D

Nobody, NOBODY else can get their hands on Sharp. He's too sexy!
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:41 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Dragunov wrote:
You don't want to hear anything I have to say about P.K. Subban :lol:

Racist! I don't like this guy anyway, he doesn't fit the mentality of the team, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade him.

You have about 29 teams tripping over themselves for a boss like P.K. I'd welcome him on the Sens or Jets instantly, dude is too good.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 pm 

Motorpriest wrote:
dude is streaky and dives like an Olympian

Yeah man, I agree! :p

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 pm 

Well, so far our powerplay is better without him! Markov is back and healthy and he has 3 goals in 3 games! P.k. is great, for sure, his attitude isn't.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 am 

i doubt it but anyone a fan of the A-league? love the Western Sydney Wanderers

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 pm 

If there were any justice in the world, Calgary would have beaten Chicago last night. Seriously, we should have lost 7-0, Emery just ate his Wheaties that morning, without him we would have been toast. Both our goals were weird as hell, the first one was just a flukey slip and the second one was Hossa just hitting IDDQD with two seconds left.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Hossa just hitting IDDQD with two seconds left.

:lol: I saw the replay of that this morning, 'twas crazy.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
BastardHead wrote:
Hossa just hitting IDDQD with two seconds left.

:lol: I saw the replay of that this morning, 'twas crazy.

I was also at the game three years ago when Calgary got five goals in ten shots within the first twelve minutes or something crazy, and still wound up losing 6-5 in overtime. That was two days after an 11 round shootout win over Colorado for the home opener. Best two-games-in-three-days I've ever been to, hands down. I couldn't talk for about four or five days because my voice was so shot from all the yelling.

Basically Calgary has to fucking hate Chicago at this point :lol:

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:11 pm 

Oh man that had to have been KILLER to be at the 6-5 OT game, I'd definitely be proud to be a Hawks fan if I were one.

So does anybody hate the way intereference and slashing has been called so far this season? The Bruins have been screwed with some pretty bunk slashing calls thus far, but luckily we've been able to kill the power play off. It'll probably get better as the season moves on, but I've never been this frustrated at officiating.

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm 

Superbowl?
Caravans’ stoned deliverance"-Sleep's Dopesmoker

LO FI GRIND- http://alaskanpipelinesgrinds.bandcamp.com/

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm 

Superbowl?
Caravans’ stoned deliverance"-Sleep's Dopesmoker

LO FI GRIND- http://alaskanpipelinesgrinds.bandcamp.com/

MEGANICK89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:38 pm 

norcalslayings wrote:
Superbowl?

I thought/wanted the 49ers to win. They dug themselves to big a hole and mismanaged their timeouts in the 2nd half.

I also was not a fan of the playcalling for the Niners, especially on the goal line stand.

Also, the refs missed a couple calls against the Ravens...and I can't stand that murderer Ray Lewis getting one more ring.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:29 pm 

A) Culliver was interfering all night, if anything the refs should have been calling more on San Fran.

B) That was a hold in the endzone and should have been called. They were both holding and pushing off each other but nine times out of ten, that's called and it's on the defense.

C) I love when Jim Harbaugh throws an absolute tantrum like a three year old.

D) Poo on Baltimore for not keeping their momentum through the power outage, but that was an absolute godsend for the Niners. That game was about to get away from them, and that was basically an extended halftime for them to get their heads on straight and get some extra practice/cooldown. If they would have won, I would have been one of the assholes who attributed a huge amount of it to the power outage, because you can't deny that that didn't give them a massive boost.

E) The best statuses I saw about the power outage were "OMG IT'S BANE" and "I bet Jim Harbaugh used to unplug the Nintendo when his brother was winning".

F) Ray Lewis is the most likeable murderer in the universe.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:52 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
If there were any justice in the world, Calgary would have beaten Chicago last night. Seriously, we should have lost 7-0, Emery just ate his Wheaties that morning, without him we would have been toast. Both our goals were weird as hell, the first one was just a flukey slip and the second one was Hossa just hitting IDDQD with two seconds left.

I disagree on that, Calgary is by far the worst team in the league. Their #2 faceoff guy is Jarome Iginla, who has played wing his whole career, because they neglected center depth and assumed they could put wingers in the middle, like having Iginla take his line's faceoffs and putting Tanguay in the position that he hasn't played since juniors. Sure, they looked decent against the Hawks, but the Hawks were having a bad game and still won because the Flames are such a poorly organized team that they can't capitalize on opportunities when given to them, like playing against Ray Emery.

What's really funny is seeing 11 no-trade/no-movement clauses on their team: http://capgeek.com/flames
It's like they're trying to be the 2007-08 New York Rangers by loading the team with borderline 2nd/3rd liners around a star right wing and some aging centers with some talent but not enough to make them much better than a potential 7th-8th place team. The difference is that the Flames are loading their teams with guys who used to be pretty good and are now not really good at all, and the Rangers had guys who used to be great and were playing decently, and the Flames are a bit shorter on prospects. They're also riding an aging goalie into the ground without much of a backup plan (though Lee Irving could turn out to be a solid goalie, he has played 7 NHL games and won only 1).

This is a team that could have seriously improved by signing Scott Gomez, that's how bad they are.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:53 pm 

Oh yeah, Calgary is doomed for the toilet for the next several years, but in the microcosm of that one specific game, they vastly outplayed one of the best teams in the league, and managed to not come up with a win due to a hot goalie and an absolute dearth of good luck.

And if you're to believe NHL12, Irving is second only to Schneider as the best young backup to draft in a fantasy Be A GM mode. He'll be Lundqvist levels of good in two or three years according to videogames! Videogames are never wrong!

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 pm 

Flacco is class. This is all.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Oh yeah, Calgary is doomed for the toilet for the next several years, but in the microcosm of that one specific game, they vastly outplayed one of the best teams in the league, and managed to not come up with a win due to a hot goalie and an absolute dearth of good luck.

And if you're to believe NHL12, Irving is second only to Schneider as the best young backup to draft in a fantasy Be A GM mode. He'll be Lundqvist levels of good in two or three years according to videogames! Videogames are never wrong!

Of course video games are never wrong, why else would the Rangers sign Drury, Gomez, Rozsival, and Redden to huge contracts? That's an elite lineup in the corresponding years' NHL games. I'm glad that era is over :D

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:40 am 

Those goaltender interference calls in Habs/Sens were pure bullshit. Fucking refs.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 pm 

I suppose this would be the place to discuss Beyonce's half-time performance, no?

Did anyone else think she looked positively frightening at times, despite the generous curves? She had a look on her face like she had just cockslapped somebody - all catty and nefarious-like.

At one point I shivered, turned to my beloved, and said: "Succubus!"

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm 

She looked coked-out, if anything

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:19 am 

she DID looked coked out, but still....hot and sexy as hell. Her music has always annoyed me even though she has a great voice, but coked out or not, I still thought she looked pretty dang good.

Officiating was terrible all game long but the bottom line was, lately for some reason the 49ers think they can get away with only showing up to play the second half. The game is four quarters long, not just the last two. "Lucky Seven" (do people in Reno call him that? man that guys badass!) played a great game and could conceivably have been the game MVP if they had won. But SF was let down by their secondary; and that has been pretty much the story for most of the season. The 49ers D-line is great, but their corners and safeties are, well, not so great. They looked like children playing a man's game out there Sunday evening.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:21 pm 

Bruins/Habs tonight! Are you ready, Metantoine?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 pm 

Sure, my class will finish right before the game and I'll go watch it with my univ comrades + beer!

4-1 Habs, fuck the Bruins!

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:27 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
4-1, Habs fuck the Bruins!

I wasn't talking about orgies, though if it came down to it, I'm sure this would be quite a horrible sight.

In all seriousness, if our defense/Tuukka doesn't play like we did against Toronto last week and our powerplay doesn't show up, you'll probably be right. I think the only thing I can be certain of is Chara getting booed each time he touches the puck, and P.K. Subban diving at some point.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:09 am 

there is massive news in australian sport about match fixing and doping involving all 4 football codes at least, mass blood doping and possible match fixing i am unsure if this will have any impact outside of australia but i thought i would post it just incase

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6572459574

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 am 

Dragunov wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
4-1, Habs fuck the Bruins!

I wasn't talking about orgies, though if it came down to it, I'm sure this would be quite a horrible sight.

In all seriousness, if our defense/Tuukka doesn't play like we did against Toronto last week and our powerplay doesn't show up, you'll probably be right. I think the only thing I can be certain of is Chara getting booed each time he touches the puck, and P.K. Subban diving at some point.

Fuuuuuuuck, we had so many scoring chances in the first period, you guys were surprised but won with your defense.

misogynisticfeminist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 am 

Spring Training is almost here! :thumbsup:

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:08 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Fuuuuuuuck, we had so many scoring chances in the first period, you guys were surprised but won with your defense.

I was very impressed with Gregory Campbell's play, especially. Biggest WTF moment goes to that breakaway that Tomas Plekanec had, that's gotta be on a "Not Top 10" somewhere...

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 pm 

misogynisticfeminist wrote:

YES. Pitchers and catchers report Monday!

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:13 pm 

Bruins trade Tim Thomas to NYI for a conditional 2nd-round pick in 2014 or 2015. Not sure how I feel about that...on one hand we still have Tuukka Rask and $5 million dollars/year of cap space to fuck around with, but on the other, we lose a 2-time Vezina winner and the goalie that played a huge part in getting us our first Cup in over 30 years. Hmm...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:15 pm 

To the Islanders? Weird, they have Nabokov and Dipietro already...

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
To the Islanders? Weird, they have Nabokov and Dipietro already...

Nabby's old and he's not exactly the goaltender he was a few years back with the Sharks. Then again, he hasn't really had much to work with in front of him since the joining the Isles. And who's the other guy? Ohhhh, DiPietro, the guy that disappeared off the face of the earth from his 184972772 injuries.

It's hard to say how this deal will turn out for them. Thomas is also up there in age, so this definitely won't be anything long term, but I'd definitely say that it's an improvement for them. Thomas is still a very solid goaltender, and better than anyone the Isles have had in nets since DiPietro was healthy, which was like 900 years ago. (Actually, Thomas is probably the superior goalie).
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:26 am 

Typical Isles cap move, haha. Although if Thomas comes back and plays like in the 2010-2011 season, say hello to the new Stanley Cup champs! :P

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:06 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
misogynisticfeminist wrote:

YES. Pitchers and catchers report Monday!

As a Diamondbacks fan, I'm cautiously stoked. They had as busy an offseason as anyone in the league. They acquired Brandon McCarthy who will bolster an already very deep rotation and they just extended one of the most underrated infielders in the NL in Aaron Hill who they heisted from Toronto. I'm not entirely certain the team is better without J-Up and they still have a glut of outfielders. Jason Kubel is now their only guy who has any semblance of a power hitter but he's a butcher in left field. Martin Prado, Hill and Schmitty have plenty of pop so hopefully they win plenty of two or three run games in that division )especially on the road.) What they got in return for Trevor Bauer was maddening. Even if he busts for the Indians that was all the more reason to have gotten more value from the swap. They probably could have instead packaged him with Upton for Chase Headly. If Heath Bell can return to his dominant form prior to last season, they'll be tough to come from behind in the late innings with him and Hernandez setting up for J.J. Putz.

corcerex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:51 am 

United vs Real Madrid is going to be intense. Can't wait to see Ronaldo back at Old Trafford. I still remember the 2008 Champions League, his monstrous header. I wasn't aware of the shit he pulled to get to Real Madrid back then, so I still hold him highly as a footballer. Come on, United! We shall win the Champions League this year!

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm 

So the Bruins can score two goals in less than a minute with the goalie pulled, but we can't net one on an actual power play...seriously surprised we managed even a single point from tonight's game.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:37 pm 

Yeah, I was following the NYR/BOS game with Zodi online and the Lightning fuckin' cameback against us too, it was 3-0 and we won 4-3 in sudden death, thanks to Desharnais and Price. Hopefully we'll destroy the Panthers thursday.

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 am 

Ottawa's depth is amazing. No Spezza, Karlsson, Michalek or Cowen. They lose Andy mid-game. Still beat the Rangers.

I for one welcome our new Swedish overlords.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 pm 

One game away from history tonight, let's see if we can do it without Seabs and Hoss. It'll be tough since we aren't nearly as deep as we were when we won the Cup a few years ago (when you've got Andrew Ladd on your third line, you're pretty well set), but I'm hoping the extra motivation will be enough. Personally, I'm a little worried since we always seem to have a habit of not trying very hard against teams that aren't all that great, and San Jose has definitely cooled off from that ludicrously great start.

Apparently Hossa is feeling like he'll be ready for tonight's game, so disregard what I said earlier, hopefully he can make it and we make history. That'd definitely make my night.

EDIT: Holy crap, Seabs and Car Bomb are in the lineup tonight? Looks like the whole "dealing with injury" thing was a myth.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 pm 

I'm not able to watch any hockey tonight, but I hope you guys win!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 136  Next