Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 am 

Yeah... I'm really hoping it'll be available in some other format somehow. It's good to see they're working on new stuff, though; hopefully this means there'll be another full-length sooner rather than later.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 am 

Calusari wrote:
Yeah... I'm really hoping it'll be available in some other format somehow. It's good to see they're working on new stuff, though; hopefully this means there'll be another full-length sooner rather than later.

I hope so, too. The 2 albums they've created so far have been stellar. Looks like they're not shifting from that quality, and that's fine with me!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:53 am 

MikeyC wrote:
The 2 albums they've created so far have been stellar. Looks like they're not shifting from that quality, and that's fine with me!

My thoughts exactly. :)

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 am 

Get a turntable, you losers! :tongue:

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:

Honestly, I would love to. I don't really have the room for it and I don't need to spend the extra amount of cash for vinyl. If I'm able to in the future and vinyl is still a thing, then I would love to get one. I can't just now. :(

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:24 am 

MikeyC wrote:
MalignantThrone wrote:

Honestly, I would love to. I don't really have the room for it and I don't need to spend the extra amount of cash for vinyl. If I'm able to in the future and vinyl is still a thing, then I would love to get one. I can't just now. :(

I'm in the same situation. I have so little space at the moment that I'm tripping over piles of CDs and books all the time; I've had to store freaking candle holders at friends' places, and weigh up whether I should really buy a new clock. Bah. No room for a turntable right now. And no money - I'm a poor grad student; the main thing I'm considering is going to fewer gigs in order to get one but, honestly, there are other things I need. I'll get one eventually, but can't right now, either; it's just not worth it considering that vinyl-only releases are still quite rare, and it's likely I'll be able to get most of what I want on CD or tape.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 am 

Blood_Red87 wrote:
New Carcass, new Hypocrisy, new Summoning and Wintersun's "Time II". Haven't heard much of what's to come this year metal-wise, but the year is still very young.

New Hypocrisy material is out.
https://soundcloud.com/nuclearblastreco ... re/s-yeya5
Also, the album art to 'End of Disclosure' can be found here

If you ask me honestly, I think it's quite a weak song to put out first. This could've been one of their filler songs.

bodomlord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:33 am 

I just saw that news about the new Hypocrisy. The album cover looks awesome, but sadly I am in school right now and cannot listen to the song.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:41 am 

Sounds EXACTLY like something off of The Arrival, i liked that album but this song is just too similar

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 am 

shouvince wrote:
New Hypocrisy material is out.
https://soundcloud.com/nuclearblastreco ... re/s-yeya5
Also, the album art to 'End of Disclosure' can be found here

If you ask me honestly, I think it's quite a weak song to put out first. This could've been one of their filler songs.

My thoughts exactly. Just your standard Hypocrisy song really, nothing special at all.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:34 pm 

Psyched for new Hypocrisy, but you're right about it sounding like something ripped off of The Arrival. Verse sounds similar to "Eraser", but without the brooding atmosphere. Then the chorus kicks in and it doesn't sound so inspired. It's been another four years since a new full-length and this song doesn't do the best job at showing a band wanting to come back and kill.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:

I actually have one handed down from my parents, and it looks fairly up to date. They said it was made at around the time vinyl was being replaced by CD, so I dunno. Early 90s, late 80s? I dunno, but anyways, I think CD is a fantastic option for me. I have an amazing setup with headphones, I can rip lossless from CDs. CDs are infinitely easier to obtain than vinyl. In most cases it costs much less money, and also what I mentioned about being rip-able. The main concern I have with using the vinyl player in my house is I don't know if the needle will wear down my records over time. I hear you need a really good needle to not damage your records. I do try to get vinyls whenever it's most economic for me. I love finding amazing things in the used vinyl section at the record store for better priced than a CD, or basically anything online where collector mentality drives prices too high.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:

Says the guy who owns a Suicide Silence LP! Get good music loser!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:20 pm 

Hiyo!

1 week until Mysterium drops. Pre-ordered the LP; can't wait!

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 pm 

^^Yeah, eagerly anticipating that. I gotta wait 'til SKR releases the CD version though.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
MalignantThrone wrote:

Says the guy who owns a Suicide Silence LP! Get good music loser!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:48 pm 

Presumably, 2013 will bring upon quite a bulk of releases to be highly anticipated by those about to kvlt.

For example, Legacies Unchain's debut album, "Satan is Strong and Always Near", recorded in 2004, shall finally see its release through Promethean Burn and at the very least the "Towards the Barbaryan Satanation" demos, if not all demos, are scheduled to follow suit, too.

Also, the omens are favourable for long-awaited full-lengths releases by Altar of Perversion (tentatively titled "Intra Naos"), Musta Surma (tentatively titled "Mortalis Magna"), Xibalba, recently reformed Megiddo from Canada (tentatively titled "The Holocaust Messiah") and Pentagram from Chile to finally see the light of the day. Algor, Celestial Bloodshed, Mysticum, Antediluvian (titled "Logos") Cultes des Ghoules (titled "Henbane"), Raspberry Bulbs (titled "Deformed Worship") are each supposed to release their second albums in 2013 - and even Drowned will enter the studio sometime this year to finally record their debut album.

The releases of debut albums by Katechon, Sortilegia, White Medal (titled "Guthmers Hahl"), Grave Upheaval, Cirrhus, Black Feast and Panphage are also imminent.

All of this merely from the top of my head - oh my stars!

InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 am 

Keeping track of the studio reports from Kalmah! I think this will be another year where melodic death metal makes a huge comeback.
Dark Tranquillity, Amon Amarth, Omnium Gatherum, Hypocrisy are releasing new albums this year

FantomLord17
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:16 am 

InfernoxDeath wrote:
Keeping track of the studio reports from Kalmah! I think this will be another year where melodic death metal makes a huge comeback.
Dark Tranquillity, Amon Amarth, Omnium Gatherum, Hypocrisy are releasing new albums this year

I would add Eternal Tears Of Sorrow. Their past two albums have been very entertaining even if they don't surpass Vilda Mannu and A Virgin And A Whore. The new Fractal Gates seems promising too judging by their latest video: http://youtu.be/VrFT84FIxBU

So yeah. This will be a great year for melodic death :)

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 pm 

Looking forward to the new Guttural Secrete. New song is available here: http://youtu.be/ZZCb8X5T_E0

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:36 pm 

InfernoxDeath wrote:

can't forget about Noumena as well

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:13 pm 

The new Attacker is awesome. Old school USPM with tinges of modern power/thrash that fans of early Helstar should like. Metal on Metal really struck gold with picking up this band, and it's probably my favorite release from their catalog so far. I encourage all of you to check it out when it drops in about a week.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 pm 

Six Feet Under will already be releasing another album less than a whole year after Undead, titled Unborn on March 19th. While I wasn't expecting it so soon, the title and artwork should make it apparent that this is a very much a companion piece to its predecessor. Chris Barnes had stated in interviews that he'd been writing and recording several songs with not only Steve Swanson and Rob Arnold (whom he said will continue to contribute,) but with Jari Laine of Torture Killer and Ben Savage of Whitechapel, too. I can see this being made up of several songs by the latter and perhaps Ola Englund as well. I've actually enjoyed their last 3 albums for being the simple knuckledraggers that they are and Undead is clearly their best after getting some more talented musicians for the first time in, well, ever. I could be alone on this and that's fine but if all of their albums - to include the first two with Allen West - were of that style and relative quality perhaps they wouldn't have been looked at with as much derision as they have over the years, personal feelings towards Barnes notwithstanding.

The artwork:
Spoiler: show

Also, NY slam stalwarts Internal Bleeding are hoping to finally get their next album out by the end of the year. According to their official site, they're hitting the studio Feb. 2nd to record five songs for a few labels that have expressed interest. Once they reach an agreement with one, they'll go back and finish recording the rest of the album. No title set yet, but they had previously considered The Pageantry of Savagery which is one of the songs they've written. Other tentative songtitles are In the Absence of Soul, The Visitant, and Placating the Ancients.

EDIT: Hail of Bullets will return to the studio next month with Dan Swanö in tow, as expected, to finally record their third album. No further details about the album have been made known but they've hinted that the lyrical approach will be different this time around while still having a connection to WWII, just not as directly based on it as they've been thus far.

Hibria, whom have become one of my more favorite power metal (or speed?) bands in recent years also began recording their new album at the beginning of the month. While the genre's on my mind, has anyone heard anything about a new Nocturnal Rites album? They've been working on that since mid-'11 if I'm not mistaken. Something must have hit a snag.

Warbringer also plan to have a new album out in the fall and Revocation have hinted at new material this year.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Last edited by ModusOperandi on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:22 pm 

new SFU already, eh? That was...unexpected. I'm sure this'll be decent

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:41 pm 

Had no clue Attacker had a new one coming out. I'm picking that up for sure, can only hope its as good as Second Coming or Battle at Helm's Deep.

Forbinator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:32 am 

There's a new Graveland album in March called "Thunderbolts of the Gods". This could be awesome, or maybe he's run out of ideas. I'll be interested for sure.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:32 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Six Feet Under will already be releasing another album less than a whole year after Undead, titled Unborn on March 19th. While I wasn't expecting it so soon, the title and artwork should make it apparent that this is a very much a companion piece to its predecessor. Chris Barnes had stated in interviews that he'd been writing and recording several songs with not only Steve Swanson and Rob Arnold (whom he said will continue to contribute,) but with Jari Laine of Torture Killer and Ben Savage of Whitechapel, too. I can see this being made up of several songs by the latter and perhaps Ola Englund as well. I've actually enjoyed their last 3 albums for being the simple knuckledraggers that they are and Undead is clearly their best after getting some more talented musicians for the first time in, well, ever. I could be alone on this and that's fine but if all of their albums - to include the first two with Allen West - were of that style and relative quality perhaps they wouldn't have been looked at with as much derision as they have over the years, personal feelings towards Barnes notwithstanding.

The artwork:
Spoiler: show

Also, NY slam stalwarts Internal Bleeding are hoping to finally get their next album out by the end of the year. According to their official site, they're hitting the studio Feb. 2nd to record five songs for a few labels that have expressed interest. Once they reach an agreement with one, they'll go back and finish recording the rest of the album. No title set yet, but they had previously considered The Pageantry of Savagery which is one of the songs they've written. Other tentative songtitles are In the Absence of Soul, The Visitant, and Placating the Ancients.

Hibria, whom have become one of my more favorite power metal (or speed?) bands in recent years also began recording their new album at the beginning of the month. While the genre's on my mind, has anyone heard anything about a new Nocturnal Rites album? They've been working on that since mid-'11 if I'm not mistaken. Something must have hit a snag.

Warbringer also plan to have a new album out in the fall and Revocation have hinted at new material this year.

I was really surprised when I saw Dusty post that on facebook. I thought it was artwork for a shirt. I didnt like Undead nearly as much as the others. The songs lacked the catchiness to me. I guess thats because Rob Arnold wrote it.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
I was really surprised when I saw Dusty post that on facebook. I thought it was artwork for a shirt. I didnt like Undead nearly as much as the others. The songs lacked the catchiness to me. I guess thats because Rob Arnold wrote it.

I didn't expect him to have sole songwriting credit for all of the music on the album, but I suppose that's just how it turned out and why he was brought in the first place. Even stranger still that his departure was announced either the day of or prior to release, so perhaps that was the plan all along. If the new songs on Unborn are indeed written mostly by the other writers, and that's just speculation on my part, I honestly wouldn't expect them to be any simpler than what Undead was but who knows. With less than two months until it's out and the name and artwork already known, there will probably be a song and announcement from Metal Blade in the next week or so. I still can't really wrap my head around why Jeff Hughell joined unless he simply felt like he wanted a break from playing all tech, all the time. If there's anything that would sound out of place as hell on an SFU album, it's a 7-string sweep on bass. :lol:

Autopsy should finally be recording their next album in April. Macabre Eternal was recorded in only about a week or so in February 2011 and released at the end of May so I'd expect just as quick of a turnaround again, especially if they're heading back to the same studio with the same production team. It's not like their style necessarily needs a lot of time and studio fuckery.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:16 am 

I could never think of "Stuff to be excited about" and "Six Feet Under" in the same thought. Never. Ever.

I was reading somewhere that Twilight, the blackmetal supergroup (superpoop?) consisting of Blake Judd (Nachtmystium), Wrest (Leviathan), Imperial (Krieg), Sanford Parker, Stavros Giannopolous (The Atlas Moth) and newly joined Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth), will be releasing a new album this year. It could be something to look forward to.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 am 

Aszfargoth wrote:
Presumably, 2013 will bring upon quite a bulk of releases to be highly anticipated by those about to kvlt.

For example, Legacies Unchain's debut album, "Satan is Strong and Always Near", recorded in 2004, shall finally see its release through Promethean Burn and at the very least the "Towards the Barbaryan Satanation" demos, if not all demos, are scheduled to follow suit, too.

Also, the omens are favourable for long-awaited full-lengths releases by Altar of Perversion (tentatively titled "Intra Naos"), Musta Surma (tentatively titled "Mortalis Magna"), Xibalba, recently reformed Megiddo from Canada (tentatively titled "The Holocaust Messiah") and Pentagram from Chile to finally see the light of the day. Algor, Celestial Bloodshed, Mysticum, Antediluvian (titled "Logos") Cultes des Ghoules (titled "Henbane"), Raspberry Bulbs (titled "Deformed Worship") are each supposed to release their second albums in 2013 - and even Drowned will enter the studio sometime this year to finally record their debut album.

The releases of debut albums by Katechon, Sortilegia, White Medal (titled "Guthmers Hahl"), Grave Upheaval, Cirrhus, Black Feast and Panphage are also imminent.

All of this merely from the top of my head - oh my stars!

Drowned! I am just listening new songs on their site. This could be fucking epic. I like Viscera Terre more than anything Necros Christos ever did.

What the hell is Legacies Unchain? It seems impossible to find any samples and there is very little info, but some indications are suggesting me that this is worth keeping an eye on.

VirginSteele_Helstar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:28 am 

looking forward to new Helstar, new Virgin Steele, new Queensryche, new Fates Warning, new Judas Priest, New SLAYER!!!!!!!!

"...unto the end I shall lead all into my darkness..."
-James Rivera

LegendMaker wrote:
Most of the very early metal songs that weren't by Sabbath were by Purple. Fucking deal with it.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 am 

Forbinator wrote:
There's a new Graveland album in March called "Thunderbolts of the Gods". This could be awesome, or maybe he's run out of ideas. I'll be interested for sure.

YES

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:18 am 

VirginSteele_Helstar wrote:
looking forward to new Helstar, new Virgin Steele, new Queensryche, new Fates Warning, new Judas Priest, New SLAYER!!!!!!!!

Hilariously, I had no idea about any of these apart from the Queensryche album.

New Judas Priest should be an interesting affair without KK.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm 

Let me offer a moment of redemption for my SFU rambling. That being said, please don't shoot the messenger.

Masters of Metal, Agent Steel sans John Cyriis for those keeping score, are finishing up their debut for release on Metal Blade this year. Here's an interview conducted late last year with Juan Garcia where he discusses the goings on with the band and the album and the Evildead breakup, whom have since "reformed" as Faeost. The startling revelation coming from this interview is that now Rick Mythiasin is out as lead singer and guitarist Bernie Versailles will be handling all lead vocals, but Rick will still be featured as a guest vocalist. As unfortunate as that is, it seems that the door is being left open for Rick to step back in down the road or even a reunion as Agent Steel if whatever "unsolved issues" they and John have are closed for good.

http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/intervi ... ?intid=330

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:40 pm 

Hibria are recording a new album? Cool beans. Their last one was my least favourite but it still kicked copious amounts of ass.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm 

Zierler Projects

Finn Zierler – Keyboards (Beyond Twilight)
Bobby Jarzombek – Drums (Rob Halford, Fates Warning, Arch/Matheos)
Per Nilsson – Guitars and Bass (Scar Symmetry, Kaipa)
Kelly Sundown Carpenter – Vocals (Darkology, Epysode, Outworld)
Truls Haugen – Vocals and Bass live (Insense, Circus Maximus).

Bobby Jarzombek drum cam
http://www.zierlerprojects.com/press-release/

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50 pm 

Yeah, I'm excited about that one too because Kelly Carpenter. But also because Beyond Twilight was an awesome band.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

SleepingStar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:18 pm 

Just noticed Thyrfing have a new album out in March.....will be checking it out as have enjoyed them in the past albeit wasn't too keen on the last album

Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 am 

slavonic777 wrote:
Drowned! I am just listening new songs on their site. This could be fucking epic. I like Viscera Terre more than anything Necros Christos ever did.

What the hell is Legacies Unchain? It seems impossible to find any samples and there is very little info, but some indications are suggesting me that this is worth keeping an eye on.

I also clearly prefer Drowned over Necros Christos, then again, I don't regard their music as all that similar and believe the comparison primarily stems from both bands sharing core members. However, Mors Dalos Ra has left Drowned to fully concentrate on Necros Christos and vice versa, Tlmnn ended his participation in Necros Christos to fully concentrate on Drowned (both for the time being, if I understood correctly), so I hope Drowned will receive more recognition than "side-project of Mors Dalos Ra of Necros Christos fame" in the future.

I have high hopes for a Drowned full-length, especially since the SoundCloud tracks are merely referred to as rehearsal recordings on the band's website.

As for Legacies Unchained, it's the long-since defunct band of Kutcheck Gorealis and Dirtmaster, both involved in bands such as Hail, Misanthropical Painforest and Wormphlegm. Instead of a lengthy description of Leagcies Unchain's music, I have taken the liberty to upload a sample of their music off of the "Towards the Barbaryan Satanations" demo to YouTube: http://youtu.be/9PC0d8xBDzA

If you enjoyed it, the demos have been out of print for over nine years now, so I would guess that you can feel free to use P2P programmes or similar devices to obtain them, they're quite hard to come by.

Metalmeistermms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:36 pm 

Anybody knows if Briton Rites will record their follow up to For Mircalla? This would be something to look forward to and I thought they were in the process of writing a new album.
Awaiting our reign

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next