Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 am 

Gatherum wrote:
I may or may not receive extreme flak for this, but I figure that if Soulfly can make it, why the fuck not?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985&p=2048396#p2048396

Search function ain't just for show. ;)

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:56 am 

I did use the search function, but like most forum software, it sucks dick and gives me a bunch of results that include "Grey" on the first page with no sign of "Dir En" anywhere.

Well, my apologies then. I'd call for a more in-depth look at it from multiple mods than just "some songs still sound J-rockish, the rest is therefore nullified", but I don't think it would go anywhere.

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 am 

Gatherum wrote:
I did use the search function, but like most forum software, it sucks dick and gives me a bunch of results that include "Grey" on the first page with no sign of "Dir En" anywhere.

When it does that, try CTRL+F and searching for the exact phrase on the page. Repeat on each page of results until necessary. Might also help to add a keyword like "reject" or "blacklist" or something. :p

Gatherum wrote:
Well, my apologies then. I'd call for a more in-depth look at it from multiple mods than just "some songs still sound J-rockish, the rest is therefore nullified", but I don't think it would go anywhere.

Think you'll find every mod agrees, dude... Dir en Grey are one of those annoyingly recurring borderline bands that every fan keeps bugging us with whenever they release something new (pretty much like BTBAM :facepalm:).

DrMefistO
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 am 

Ok, thanks for answers. So I have to add some links for samples with my sumbission?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:34 am 

Preferably as many as you can, mate. :) Ideally (and I'm not saying you should), we'd like to be able to evaluate the entire release, but I can understand if you don't wanna give off a whole full, free album (And we're not asking you to). Just remember, the more material we have to judge on, the better the likelihood of it being accepted (if it's metallic, at least).

DrMefistO
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:36 am 

http://silent-time-noise.ru/mp3_stn/019-I_Chaos-01s.mp3
http://www.silent-time-noise.ru/mp3/08-I_Chaos-01s.mp3

Two samples for two albums of I Chaos. It's a Ambient Funeral Doom, so.

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Gatherum wrote:

Think you'll find every mod agrees, dude... Dir en Grey are one of those annoyingly recurring borderline bands that every fan keeps bugging us with whenever they release something new (pretty much like BTBAM :facepalm:).

Which is fine, and I apologise for being short with you, but this really seems to be a case where they have, at the very least, crossed into "metal enough."

I'm listening to it, and frankly, the only real prominent J-rock or deathcore elements I'm hearing on this disc are coming from Kyo's impressive vocal variance: his cleans do have that sort of expressive, dramatic, Japanese quality that you would hear from J-rock acts (though he is many times more competent), and the guy can low-growl and pig squeal with the best among all the deathcore practitioners. But the rest...? I'm not buying it. Admittedly, I'm listening to the whole disc now. Every time I start to feel like I hear them relapsing into metalcore breakdowns and what have you, they get back on track with some noticeable post-metal passages. It's hard stuff to describe, but I really am hearing little else but what I claimed them to sound like above. Frankly, they probably stand closer musically to the doom, extreme progressive, and post-metal circles now.

On the one hand, I understand that you're looking for a pure metal album from them as it is loosely defined on this site because they've spent so much time in nu- and -core land previously, but on the other, it just makes little sense to me when you can't deny the extremely prevalent (let me say that again: extremely prevalent, not 'somewhat' or 'halfway' prevalent) metal execution here, with or without any retained offending influences in small amounts, and yet still have all of these high-profile metalcore acts like Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, and As I Lay Dying on the site because they were deemed to have their hands just far enough in the melodeath side of their form to be applicable. To be clear, I am not saying that they should not be here; I'm just using them as examples to put my point into perspective: Dir En Grey, at least on Dum Spiro Spero, have their hands way deeper in all the metal elements going on than in standard J-rock or deathcore, and that really should be enough for this site. In this case, it's death and doom, and a lot of it.

Once again for the record, I am not a huge fan of them (though I think it's going to happen, finally, after all these years), and am not driven to get them on here because I can't control my fanboy chemicals seeping into my brain. I could understand you guys rejecting my past suggestions: Uneven Structure, post-metal as they are, spend too much time in the djent, Mushroomhead is Mushroomhead (yeah, their aesthetics are a lot like Slipknot, but I suggested them because I had wondered if they had enough metal in their industrial metal--something that Slipknot lacks--to warrant consideration; I really don't care what a band looks like, honestly), and I could even understand rejection of Between the Buried and Me (again, they're less metalcore than the three aforementioned bands, but...), but this one's a bit tougher to ignore, honestly.

With all of that said, I am strongly recommending a second look at it, but otherwise, I rest my case.

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 am 

A second look isn't gonna help, mate. That album had several clearly non-metal passages (post-rock, alternative, whatever) and with the band's previously schizophrenic history of j-rock/deathcore/avant-garde, it's probably gonna take a string of *several* consistently metallic albums for them to appear on this site. Metal needs to be the focus of a band's music.

And FWIW, "Dumb Sparrow Sparrow" (or however it's spelt) had a fair share of acceptably metallic tracks (even if it was deathcore), but as I said... it was broken up with a lot of non-metal rubbish, which kind of shares too many similarities with the band's earlier discography. A band needs a strong, clearly-cut division from its previous sound if it's a chance of getting off the blacklist.

DrMefistO wrote:
http://silent-time-noise.ru/mp3_stn/019-I_Chaos-01s.mp3
http://www.silent-time-noise.ru/mp3/08-I_Chaos-01s.mp3

Two samples for two albums of I Chaos. It's a Ambient Funeral Doom, so.

Eh... this already sounds pretty damn borderline, dude... are the rest of the tracks any heavier? :ugh:

DrMefistO
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 am 

Alhadis, I must to tell you that many many bands with Funeral Doom Metal style has similar sounding. But this band has no drums.
Another band by this guys: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Emptiness/117679 Almost the same. So, please, I want to add this band to metal history)

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 am 

DrMefistO wrote:
Alhadis, I must to tell you that many many bands with Funeral Doom Metal style has similar sounding. But this band has no drums.

I'm familiar with funeral doom, mate... thanks. ;p But these two tracks are pretty keyboard-heavy, to a point where the ambience isn't being sustained by the guitars... do the other tracks have more balls than these?

DrMefistO
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:50 am 

I think... no, they haven't. =(

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:53 am 

Yeah. Sorry mate. :\ But thank you for being honest about it. :) We appreciate it.

Insania
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:55 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Rottus/3540358580

Hey Alhadis, you rejected my Rottus addition, asking for more informations. So here is :
Additionnal pictures of these cds :

http://www.insaniaweb.com/dks/rottusb1.jpg
http://www.insaniaweb.com/dks/rottusb2.jpg
http://www.insaniaweb.com/dks/rottusb3.jpg
http://www.insaniaweb.com/dks/rottusb4.jpg

And a mp3 from each of them :
http://www.insaniaweb.com/dks/rottus_bo ... usLust.mp3
http://www.insaniaweb.com/dks/rottus_ma ... lVomit.mp3
http://www.insaniaweb.com/dks/rottus_so ... stDead.mp3

If you want to listen eveything, just tell me, I'll try to put everything in a .rar file.
And I agree, this is really hard to get hold of one of those cds, as there is almost nothing about them on the web. One month ago, I didn't know that this band has existed.

It begins with the addition of this cd :
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Bl ... ust/361094

In the Bloodcum discography. As a big fan of NLDM scene, and especially Pyaemia/Disavowed/Arsebreed and all the previous bands of these guys, I've contacted the guy who added this cd :
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Ronuz666
He explains me that he was the singer of this band, what was Rottus, and gives me the contact of Daniel Van Der Broek, formerly member of Rottus/Rottus In Extremis and actual guitarist of Disavowed. And he sold me the demos...

I've already resubmit the band.
Cheers,

Marc

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
herra_af_lik is full of shit. I don't know what Oceano is, but I'm about 90% sure Clutch has never been on the site (maybe for a split second before they were nuked), and 100% sure Mnemic hasn't been on the site. Maybe he's confusing us with spirit-of-metal or has terrible memory or something, but yeah, even if they had been on the site before, it's irrelevant. And they haven't, trust me.

Woah. I believe I caught them when they got approved but didn't meet their actually genre listed or was from before the update. Like how I Declare War was still on here but now taken down. I guess some Deathcore slips through the cracks from time to time. Clutch was listed under Stoner Metal/rock, so I can see why they might have been missed but then deleted. Just trying to clear things up since I was confused.

ANALizator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm 

Someone should unband Bosnian band called MOTHERPIG. It's been pretty noisey in the beginning, but now they're more than old school metal. Check out the album at http://motherpig.bandcamp.com - it's also released as CD!

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:37 pm 

@herra_af_ilk: I Declare War are still here, I dunno what you're talking about. For what it's worth, while their metalness is at times debatable, I think (though I'm not sure) that they were accepted for their debut album. I'd have to take another look at it to be sure, though.

~Guest 277641
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 pm 

The band Pylar has been rejected for the following reason:

Quote:
"Please read our rules about needing evidence of existence of a valid release; there is no evidence of a such a release. If this band has indeed released anything (either a physical release, or a valid digital release) AND you can show us proof, you can resubmit it again.".

http://www.metal-archives.com/content/rules#tab_bands

Quote:
Official Distribution: The album must be available through an official and/or permanent (as "permanent" as Internet sites go, anyway) channel. This means sending us a link to a Mediafire-hosted .rar file is not good enough (could be faked too easily). You must show us where this album is hosted (such as a band's official site, a serious digital distributor, etc.) Note, this does not mean free albums are excluded.

Pylar's releases are hosted in BandCamp.

http://pylar.bandcamp.com/

Quote:
Quality Download: No streaming-only (such as on MySpace or YouTube); the digital album must be available as a full high-quality download, preferably in lossless format.

Pylar's releases can be downloaded in many formats, as BandCamp allows.

Quote:
Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this. An EP may be accepted depending on the situation. Two EPs are better than one, for sure.

Pylar has, at the moment, five digital releases, which all together have a length of 38 minutes. And as the rules say, to have a full-length is not an absolute condition.

Quote:
Fixed tracklist: The album must have a fixed tracklisting. An assorted bunch of songs posted every now and then on ReverbNation is not an "EP" or a "demo". Another song posted later is not "demo 2". And so on.

Pylar's songs are fixed and named.

Quote:
Final mix: No rehearsals, raw promos, rough mixes of any kinds are accepted for digital releases. Only finished, professional albums.

Pylar's releases are finished and professional, with a very nice sound.

Quote:
Cover art: The album should ideally have a cover art, since it serves as a visual identifier for a collection of songs and can be used for making a DIY physical release, should the buyer want the songs on a CD for his/her personal collection. If the digital release has a fully defined cover (and preferably not just a logo on a white background), it will go a long way into making it more serious. Liner notes and inserts are even better.

Every Pylar's release has its own cover art.

Respectfully, I don't think Pylar infringes the rules.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm 

5 digital singles? Ehhhhhhh, for fuck's sake. Just adding a crappy cover next to each song he releases doesn't make it a real single...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Ba Zuulizx Karoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 am 

I am wondering if my band Wolfs Spell (in queue at the moment) would be accepted. I have just released 2 demos of material this month and have already started distributing them independantly. My concern is that the band will be rejected for the fact it is independant for the time being and the demos are limited to 50 copies. Does limitations like this affect Wolfs Spells acceptance into the archives?

Sciera
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 am 

Ba Zuulizx Karoth wrote:
I am wondering if my band Wolfs Spell (in queue at the moment) would be accepted. I have just released 2 demos of material this month and have already started distributing them independantly. My concern is that the band will be rejected for the fact it is independant for the time being and the demos are limited to 50 copies. Does limitations like this affect Wolfs Spells acceptance into the archives?

No, that shouldn't be any problem.

And btw, this thread is not for bands currently in the queue, just for rejected ones. Please be a bit more patient, the queue is quite full atm.

dansmaccabre
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 am 

Hello!
Asked about Project Silence more than week ago and never did get any info about it. They are clearly metal enough and have digital album in BandCamp and also in their official website.

SebG
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 am 

Hello.
My band "Proyecto Ibex" was rejected because no physical proof of a CD release was found. Well, here is a picture that shows their last CD.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/581219_401479059914281_169951410_n.jpg

cheers!!

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:24 am 

SebG wrote:
Hello. My band "Proyecto Ibex" was rejected because no physical proof of a CD release was found. Well, here is a picture that shows their last CD. cheers!!

Please resubmit with the link to that picture included in the submission notes. :) Thanks!

avetinja
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:02 am 

One more problem with ex-Yugoslavian metal ("thanks" for mod who locked my separate thread about it), now a old band ENOLA GAY from Croatia is rejected because:

Quote:
Music is acceptable, but can you find more evidence about this demo tape, and most of all, the tracklisting? I found these:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBabanOS1 ... &flow=grid -- they're the same songs as the ones in the Mediafire you linked, but the titles are different. Very confusing and hard to authenticate now...

No, I cannot find "evidence" about this demo tape because:
1. it's very old, forgotten local band, even a bit obscure and unknown at their time here
2. I don't own their "original" tape and now it's seems almost impossible to find anyone who have it either other than remaining bandmembers
3. Back in '80s it was circulating as a dubbed tape obviously, now it's just circulating as a mp3

...however:
- This demo was regular and circulation/promotion of it was approved by the band as that demo was played on the radio - as you can notice from the rip/dub I've sent you. 1st and 3rd track at the endings even have a short cut from the radio jingle - because someone got their demo as recording that radio show where it was aired.

The demo was titled as Demo '86 and there's probably no cover artwork for that tape.

There was also one more ex-YU band with the same name (already in archives), but located in Bosnia and had all male members (as their member entry suggest it with no doubt). This one is from Osijek (Croatia) and had female singer, and her accent is surely Croatian.

If there is someone who know something better about this band, let him/her update the page better. I would be very glad to have more info about this band. But first, the band should be listed in archives to make it possible.

As for tracklisting... it seems that my titles weren't correct. Thanks for finding that youtube channel, didn't know that it's uploaded on youtube too. Also, I found this as well, and it seems that the band reunited in 2011 to play this gig, only without female singer: http://youtu.be/VHLTJO006ME - this one is a first track from the demo and have the same title as the demo track from the channel you found.

So, the correct tracklisting:

1. Gdje si bio tad
2. Podigni pogled
3. Death Calling Song

Amarohk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm 

I've tried to submit an Atmospheric Black Metal band called Lyset and it was rejected due to "it's no metal"
Well, in fact it is metal, here are evidences:
http://lyset.bandcamp.com/album/vi-som- ... deres-demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N86JwTta44w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LpT2bNU46k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRExkyqXewE

First I just submitted the band's dark ambient album, but it was banned and I cannot change it and add the other album now, however "Vi som hater guden deres" is a Black Metal album, as you can see.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 pm 

Amarohk wrote:
I've tried to submit an Atmospheric Black Metal band called Lyset and it was rejected due to "it's no metal"
Well, in fact it is metal, here are evidences:
http://lyset.bandcamp.com/album/vi-som- ... deres-demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N86JwTta44w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LpT2bNU46k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRExkyqXewE

First I just submitted the band's dark ambient album, but it was banned and I cannot change it and add the other album now, however "Vi som hater guden deres" is a Black Metal album, as you can see.

Restored it since you deleted it :)

@Alhadis: Oops XD

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm 

Amarohk wrote:

Stop. There was no trace or mention of that demo (which DOES sound like metal, BTW) when you submitted. All I got was this, which was fully ambient.

I've unblacklisted them then, you can resubmit. And please, for the love of God, include links to METALLIC material next time. :facepalm: Might've also helped to have added that demo as well, so us mods know there's more than one release to judge a band on...

EDIT (shortly after UndeadIdiot's restoration): Okay, well, nevermind about the resubmission, then. :p But my statement about including the proper evidence next time still stands. You can't possibly expect to give us a link to an orchestral/dark ambient album and expect us to judge a band's metalness on that, do you?

~Guest 277641
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:16 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
5 digital singles? Ehhhhhhh, for fuck's sake. Just adding a crappy cover next to each song he releases doesn't make it a real single...

Yeah, five digital singles that sum 38 minutes of music.

There are bands with no covers registered in metal-archives. Pylar, at least, adds an image to imply the meaning of the song.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 pm 

No, sorry. It doesn't work that way. You can't just throw five singles on Bandcamp, attach a random pic to each one and expect us to add them up and say "Ah, 38 minutes all in all and covers attached. Alright!". Seriously, that is not in the interest of the digital release rule. No dice. A full-length is indeed not an absolute condition, but we expect some kind of extended, homogenous release in an artist's discography, digital singles are a no-go.

Besides, what I'm hearing doesn't even sound like metal anyway, just drone/ambient.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:50 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
@herra_af_ilk: I Declare War are still here, I dunno what you're talking about. For what it's worth, while their metalness is at times debatable, I think (though I'm not sure) that they were accepted for their debut album. I'd have to take another look at it to be sure, though.

Yea, I think I had the search set to "Artist" and not "band" when I searched I Declare War. Woops. Well I can understand about their sound with their ex-vocalist Jonathan Huber being a Brutal Death Metal vocalist and now their current vocalist Jamie Hanks is pure Deathcore. Yea, if it is by their debut album, Jonathan Huber would have been the vocalist. Okay, well now that is cleared up.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:08 pm 

avetinja wrote:
One more problem with ex-Yugoslavian metal ("thanks" for mod who locked my separate thread about it),

Because there is no need for a separate thread.
Quote:
No, I cannot find "evidence" about this demo tape because:
1. it's very old, forgotten local band, even a bit obscure and unknown at their time here
2. I don't own their "original" tape and now it's seems almost impossible to find anyone who have it either other than remaining bandmembers
3. Back in '80s it was circulating as a dubbed tape obviously, now it's just circulating as a mp3

...however:
- This demo was regular and circulation/promotion of it was approved by the band as that demo was played on the radio - as you can notice from the rip/dub I've sent you. 1st and 3rd track at the endings even have a short cut from the radio jingle - because someone got their demo as recording that radio show where it was aired.

The demo was titled as Demo '86 and there's probably no cover artwork for that tape.

There was also one more ex-YU band with the same name (already in archives), but located in Bosnia and had all male members (as their member entry suggest it with no doubt). This one is from Osijek (Croatia) and had female singer, and her accent is surely Croatian.

Uh, okay, but how did you hear about this demo in the first place? On a radio show? And now I'm puzzled as to how you came up with these song titles in the first place...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

leka
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:45 pm 

leka wrote:
Hi! I just noticed that my band "Leka" has been blacklisted and I think it's an error.

I have a valid digital release available at:

Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/0skKlkvthHnacM3NSXJODK

Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/album/grievance/id560931285?v0=9988&ign-mpt=uo%3D1

Bandcamp: http://leka.bandcamp.com/

I understand if the length of the album is the issue. But I have released two EP's (although the first one isn't available through spotify and itunes anymore because of the massive tunecore fees).

And I even have got good reviews, so I think I'm above crappy bedroom bands :D. Sorry for the inconvenience if I have misinterpreted the rules somehow.

Sorry for the bump, I think my post lost in the flood of this thread =D.

Von Jugel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:46 pm 

Why was the Praying Mantis page deleted?

Time Tells No Lies is a Top 20 NWOBHM album.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:14 am 

Von Jugel wrote:
Why was the Praying Mantis page deleted?

Praying Mantis have never been here to begin with, dude. :p They're AOR - and even if they influenced the NWOBHM movement, they still weren't musically a part of it.

leka wrote:
Sorry for the bump, I think my post lost in the flood of this thread =D.

Considered more experimental/avant-garde than metal, mate. Sorry.

demonizerbr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 am 

Is GOREGRIND a Metal genre? If not, why there are GOREGRIND bands in Metal-Archives?
And WHY my band was rejected? The band named Thanatopsis.

I must also say that I'm user from long time ago. I know the rules and I know how to submit bands.
I have showed sources and proofs of existence and links to the SoundCloud account of my band.
If GOREGRIND is not a metal variation, please delete ALL OTHER GOREGRIND from MA.

Thank you,
-José Martins Neto, AKA NETO.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:31 am 

Goregrind varies. It can be based on death metal riffs (Lymphatic Phlegm, Dead Infection, Haemorrage, Regurgitate, etc), or it can be driven by riffless bass, noise, and/or groove (Last Days of Humanity, Rompeprop, GUT, Satan's Revenge on Mankind, CBT, etc). The bands that're accepted on the archives fall in the former category... I'm afraid if your band was rejected for being goregrind, it's because it fell in the latter category. Sorry mate.

Sonnycz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 am 

Why YES to the bands The Famine and Aegaeon and NO to the bands Bermuda and Fit For An Autopsy ?? They're all deathcore bands, but half of them is included here and half not. I'm asking just out of curiosity :old: .

Last edited by Sonnycz on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:50 am 

Because as a hybrid genre not all of what is commonly described as deathcore has enough metal elements to be considered a metal band by our definitions. Those bands that do are accepted, those that lean more to the hardcore side are not.

Sonnycz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 am 

Which aspects were deciding in this particular case ? :scratch:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:19 am 

I know none of these bands you listed, so I cannot answer that any more specifically than I already did in my last post. I take it you disagree? Well, then post songs from the release(s) of Bermuda and Fit for an Autopsy you think are metal enough here. No guarantees, though. Maybe another mod familiar with the bands will comment as well.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 541  Next