Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:58 pm 

Does anyone know anything at all about this company? It's Romanian and there's little to no information/feedback on the internet about them. I'm specifically interested in the Sakis V model. I don't care for looks in guitars (and even less for signature models), but this particular one has been a fantasy of mine that I'm considering fulfilling now that I am looking for a new guitar. I just wish there was more information about the quality this company delivers so that I'm not completely blindfiring here.
http://www.grosmann.ro/guitars/

I'm an intermediate player and have very basic knowledge on hardware specs, so feel free to give me feedback in that department. Here's the model:
http://www.grosmann.ro/guitars/grosmann-sakis-v/

Slaytanic55
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 am 

Sorry that I can't help you, but I just want to say that that is the most badass guitar I've ever seen. Looks-wise, at least.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 am 

Truly a gorgeous guitar. Shit, now I want one. With those woods, it would probably be a heavy guitar, so keep that in mind. I say go for it.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:53 pm 

Hmm, thanks, I'm really considering it. It really is a gorgeous guitar.

Grosmann anyone? Any Romanians around here? :) I wouldn't like to rely on "If it's good enough for Sakis Tolis, it's good enough for me".

lvivske
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 am 

All I know about them is that I designed the original body for the guitar around 2004 and then they ripped off the design sometime after the prototype was made, and so far have refused to admit it (even doing the whole "me no speaky english" bit, lol)

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 am 

Interesting, the body does look like a carbon copy, except that your model has binding instead of beveling. The bottom of the fretboard, the inlays, and the headstock are all different though.

lvivske
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 pm 

Yeah, it was just the body shape, and single-pup design (for their standard one). 7-ply binding like that and black MOP inlays aren't exactly...feasible for mass production to say the least lol

c'est la vie

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 pm 

Hahaha I actually found you somewhere before when researching the guitar, I think it was on a YouTube comment? In any case, I ended up going with a far cheaper Jackson which suits me fine. Honestly I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of his not having ripped you off (not intentionally at least), if only because it isn't like there's a huge variety in designs for V guitars. Still, I commend you on the design, it's fucking awesome.

elf48687789
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:07 am 

They are no longer in business, but they are not highly regarded by guitarists in Romania.

Used they go for the price of better quality Epiphones, say 250 to 600 Euros in Romania, they are pretty rare elsewhere.

I have never played one, but I've seen pictures of natural finish Explorer copies. Even a very nice one with neck-through sandwich of different types of wood. Certainly don't look bad in the pictures. A lot of the guitars they made were custom ordered.

But if you want a better quality custom guitar (but for more money), try Ran Guitars in Poland: http://www.ranguitars.com/

Reply to topic