Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Solidsteel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:39 am 

This just shows how far the band has come in terms of musicianship and songwriting. Even the lyrics and vocals have improved GREATLY, they're recording their new album REAL-LIFE DEATH on the 26th of January.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgFuDfZQc2w

they also have a free MP3 download of this song and the lyrics here http://www.wakingthecadaver.biz/

But I'm curious to hear your opinions on this new song.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:41 am 

I got to 1:14 and then turned it off from sheer boredom. There was NOTHING interesting about that song.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Rild
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:08 am 

A minute fourteen? I lasted about 3 seconds.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 am 

No riffs, awful vocals, sounds like the new Darkthrone song found its equal match.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 am 

Veracs wrote:
No riffs, awful vocals, sounds like the new Darkthrone song found its equal match.

I never understand when people say this and its not like, drone or guitar feedback or something. There are totally riffs, they just suck.
Hehe, foreskins.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:36 am 

I literally meant it as there are no good riffs, heh. But you are right of course.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 am 

Anyone else get the impression that the OP is either a band member in disguise or is acting on behalf of the band? It just reads too much like an advertisement to be genuine.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:07 am 

Actual Waking the Cadaver fan reporting to say that that was disappointingly mehish. The riff at the two-minute mark was cool, but the breakdowns were a bit overdone and I don't like the new tough guy vocals very much. They really need to go back to the seamless mix of deathcore and slam that they played on Perverse Recollections of a Necromangler; the world has enough wiggery Dying Fetus-esque death metal bands, and WTC aren't particularly good at that sort of thing anyways.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 am 

Well, that was disjointed.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 am 

The lyrics look like Limp Bizkit trying to do a Six Feet Under song.

Solidsteel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 am 

Subrick wrote:
Anyone else get the impression that the OP is either a band member in disguise or is acting on behalf of the band? It just reads too much like an advertisement to be genuine.

No, I'm a big fan though, always curious to see what some other people here think of their new stuff seeing as their older material get such low ratings here.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:53 am 

Damn. That youtube page warranted a Ctrl+W. Down-tuned guitars with the insipid chuggs is so old. That track was boooring. Never really cared much for the band. Guess they appeal more to the deathcore fans.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:55 am 

I open the link and I'm instantly greeted by BRUTAL GRAVITY BLASTS BACKWARDS CAP BROBEATDOWN

No, thank you.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:10 am 

Wow, that was utterly mediocre.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:23 pm 

Well, I very much enjoy Perverse Recollections of a Necromangler, though I have heard nothing from the band beyond that. This just.. it isn't terrible by any means, but it just doesn't seem to have the mindless fun of the debut. When I listen to Nercromangler I enjoy myself, I have a silly good time. This just bores me, I'm afraid.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:26 pm 

The vocals are the only truly terrible thing about this. They're so wimpy sounding that it's not even funny.

Also, Necromangler still sucks quite badly.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm 

Only song I liked from this band was that chased into the woods by a rapist or drug in the woods and raped or some shit like that cause of how utterly retarded it was. I mean it's such a mindless riff with urp vocals I started laughing and that is why I ended up liking it for some reason.

Edit: Chased ithough the woods by a rapist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJCz4sQYSRI that opening is just great lol. and that sloppy ass gravity blast sorta beat thing that comes up at 34 secs

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:18 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Only song I liked from this band was that chased into the woods by a rapist

SHREDDED WHEAT!

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:16 am 

Only got to 15 seconds on the first listen but I made all the way through with some added distractions on the second listen. Needs more shredded wheat.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 am 

Lol waking the cadaver. It doesn't really do much for me. It seems really dumbed down in just about every way. At least it's not metalcore though.

epicandrew
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 am 

No. I don't.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:19 am 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
Lol waking the cadaver. It doesn't really do much for me. It seems really dumbed down in just about every way. At least it's not metalcore though.

There's metalcore infinitely better and more original than Waking the Cadaver and their lame brand of slammy deathcore.

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:15 am 

Aside from the vocals, I think this could easily be compared to that new Begging For Incest. Too bad I don't like either band. I have to say though, it is weird hearing them trying to play actual riffs and skank beats and shit.

epicandrew
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 am 

Subrick wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:

There's metalcore infinitely better and more original than Waking the Cadaver and their lame brand of slammy deathcore.

The song definitely isn't deathcore. I'd call it NYDM at this point. Musically it sounds more like Dehumanized & Pyrexia than Suicide Silence or Whitechapel. However, the horrible tough guy vocals and crappy song writing make it is what it is....lame.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:35 am 

well I'll be as fair and unobjective as possible. To be honest, I don't like this band, or (for the most part) this type of music even. And I probably never will, no matter how much they change. So with that said...

They have indeed come a long way since the oft-ridiculed "Shredded Wheat" track. Sound wise, tightness, playing, songwriting- this is a much better band. There are a few decent riffs in there, the drumming is better and the vocals- even the vocals arent quite as ridiculous as they used to be. But still too many "barnyard animal vocals." But hat's just part of what you get with this band; it is what it is. It does sound like a well played and well written song. Brutal, sick, yes; it is all those things. I guess the reason it doesn't resonate with me is there isn't enough real flow to the riffs. Too "Start and stop." so to speak. It just kind of lurches around from one fast chromatic riff to the next with the slow heavy passages in between, but at some point they just lose me. Drumming is wicked fast (during the blast parts) and they have those skronking pinched notes for added effect I guess.

As I said, good for what it is but not my thing; I'm trying to be fair and not just mindlessly talk shit about it but I also gotta be honest.

FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:48 am 

A distinctive lack of Shredded Wheat.

3/10

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:47 am 

I, for one, was disappointed by the clearly insufficient number of basketball jerseys and the glaring lack of dubstep breakdowns.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 am 

What this album really needs is another shot on shitteo music video that looks like it was taped in a VFW.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 am 

I liked them better when their music was the audial essence of mental retardation.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 am 

GravityLapse wrote:
Aside from the vocals, I think this could easily be compared to that new Begging For Incest.

...what? Do you hear breakdowns and just automatically think "deathcore" - and not only that, but slam/deathcore? Care to point out to me the slams here?

This song is death metal with a helping of beatdown hardcore influence, people. Calling it deathcore makes it sound like the last time you checked on Waking the Cadaver was 2007.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 am 

i just read the lyrics for this and oh god they suck so fucking hard it's hilarious
"now ya done fucked up
betta watch-ya mouth son
caught-your-ass talkin shit
ya-bout-ta-get lumped-up"

thug lyf

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm 

Marag wrote:
i just read the lyrics for this and oh god they suck so fucking hard it's hilarious
"now ya done fucked up
betta watch-ya mouth son
caught-your-ass talkin shit
ya-bout-ta-get lumped-up"

thug lyf

That's some straight-up Fred Durst shit. Then again, Don Campan basically looks like Durst did when he was younger, only douchier (somehow).

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:45 pm 

There are some actual technical death metal riffs, nothing very interesting however. I don't know how anyone into death metal can dislike the short tremolo riff in the portion where the drums gravity blast, but besides that small snippet of quality it was quite bad. Not utter shit like one could've expected from this band, but pretty worthless.

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:47 pm 

What did you guys expect for the lyrics? Rap and hip-hop is in everything nowadays, it's no surprise that lyrics like that turn up in a band with a bunch of wiggers in it.

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm 

Hellrisen wrote:
What did you guys expect for the lyrics? Rap and hip-hop is in everything nowadays, it's no surprise that lyrics like that turn up in a band with a bunch of wiggers in it.

:lol:

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm 

Who listens to this shit? 13 year olds just getting into metal?

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
GravityLapse wrote:
Aside from the vocals, I think this could easily be compared to that new Begging For Incest.

...what? Do you hear breakdowns and just automatically think "deathcore" - and not only that, but slam/deathcore? Care to point out to me the slams here?

This song is death metal with a helping of beatdown hardcore influence, people. Calling it deathcore makes it sound like the last time you checked on Waking the Cadaver was 2007.

Dude, I know you like to microanalyze the shit out of everything, but oftentimes the gap between deathcore, beatdown hardcore and even slam is not that huge. The song opens with a slam groove, that if played a bit more sloppily wouldn't be out of place on most modern slam albums. The breakdown for the first half with the tough guy vocals, yeah, sure beatdown. The second half, with the pig squeals and such could easily be a deathcore breakdown. Begging for Incest sometimes sound like the second half, that plus the other parts of the song with gurgles instead of tuffguy vox. The end.

Reply to topic