* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ignorance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 am 

Greetings brothers and Sisters
and Metzger
I have returned from the Dead ha ha I was the singer in the band Ignorance which is a part of this wonderfull place. And well we died and it took me some time to get over something I had put so much into to create. I was recently ask to sing in a brand new Band and so I met with them and listened to the music,..I liked it and said yes I can do that I think and well I am starting to get excited again . We have done our first demo song which has been excepted so far rather well you can listen to it here:

http://www.facebook.com/RiseOfTheMonolith
and or here

https://soundcloud.com/rise-of-the-monolith/

The Band does not have a offical homepage yet please bear with us as the man who is smart enough to do it is a true perfectionist but it will come along. As well as a youtube site

The name is RISE OF THE MONOLITH. Name and inspiration for the lyrics are taken from the Stanley Kubrick classic film 2001 a space odyssesy. he did clockwork orange full metal jacket and so on just to name a few a genius.
I would call what we are doing Doom-Death the guys are calling it Massive Sludge Doom. whatever I am having fun again and will try to be here more often and keep you all updated as well start out on this journey

Corpus_Chain
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 pm 

Hail to anyone referencing 2001!

I presume you've listened to the French band 'Monolithe', yes?

Your tune is really good. I like the vocals a lot, and it's HEAVY.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 pm 

I really like it, it kinda sounds like a doomy Gorefest. So get shit together and get a cd out pronto! I'll buy it.

Ignorance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:28 am 

Corpus_Chain wrote:

No honestly I have not although I am old as dirt I know little to nothing about this style of music,Bands that do similar stuff and I know almost nothing about the french scene. The last french Band I was into was Massacre. I am a fanatic for Brutal Thrash foremost and a music fan second.
but wow thanks for your input .
This is a big challenge for me the two guys who came up with this idea already had a concept, a Band name; and songs when they asked me if I would be interested in singing. I heard the riffs and was like hell yeah. It is hard to say the least to write songs when a 3rd party puts down the map that leads the way ; it takes longer but it works now for me. At the moment the emotional struggle is topic number 1 and I am writting about these that take place in the film from my view point.
It is still hard to call this a true concept as it is hard to write a concept to 2001. As you know there is not tons of action and this is a film that takes place in your head as much as on the screen. It is a fascination for a Masterpiece combinded with a love for real heavy shit.

Ignorance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I really like it, it kinda sounds like a doomy Gorefest. So get shit together and get a cd out pronto! I'll buy it.

It will actually take some time to do the songs . I hope we can do one song a month, and we also need three more instrumental parts , that is two outros and one intro to sum this baby up in all 8 tunes. No song is to be under 5-6 minutes . Some think I should go deeper "deathier" with my voice what do you all think?
I am truely glad to have such reaction I honestly had not expected such a positive vibe. I know the Doom world is the smallest of all metal worlds and the planet we are on is the smallest just us and the funeral guys.Having fun is great being heard is better!!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 pm 

I think your vocals are great as is, but maybe to go deeper during select parts for emphasis and to vary it up a tad. But don't do all vocals ultra deep, they are quite great as they are. I'm def interested in hearing more!

Ignorance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I think your vocals are great as is, but maybe to go deeper during select parts for emphasis and to vary it up a tad. But don't do all vocals ultra deep, they are quite great as they are. I'm def interested in hearing more!

Cool I have a natural deep voice and can achieve this sound so to say naturally or without hurt myself. It actually takes a bit of training to go deeper. Thanks for the kind words.
I have a question to all of you and it is this. Is myspace still a place to promote bands? I feel this thing is dying or dead. And is there an alternative? I have been away from the music scene now for almost 3 years. Back when we where active the myspace was getting lots of traffic. Now when I visit there nothing or very little is going on. The three of us are all on FB and it is the fastest thing out there right now.But for doing a band page there we have recieved some flack , some would like to see a "normal" band page. Honestly a official page that has the registered name and cost me money is not something I personally want. FB and Myspace are the only ones I know that are free.what do you all think can you live with the FB or would you like something else. Marcello has the other problem as he is the only one that could do the page and maintain it. And this takes away from writting and mixing, which is where we would like to place all our energy right now.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:38 am 

Use bandcamp.com, you can upload your songs to it and sell merch off it. It won't allow for updates and all that other business. maybe do a tumblr if you really don't want to do a facebook. tumblr.com is free as well and you can do all your other band related stuff like updates about recording process and stuff like that. I personally only have bandcamp cause I really hate facebook, I made one for my label and truthfully I don't see much traffic generated from it at all. Could be cause I barely update it. Anyway hope that helps. Piss on people who bitch and moan and want you to do an official band page... not everyone is made of money. I know that for certain.

Ignorance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm 

I got on Facebook years ago because of my Sister . All of my family is in the States and it was a way to stay in touch. Now almost all my relatives are on it and lots of friends , lots of chatting going on.
but thanls for the input I will give this to Marcello he will come up with something

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 am 

No problem, glad to help or at least attempt to help.

Ignorance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 pm 

The last few weeks have been one of sickness between us one of us was always ot able to get togather because of this flu. I myself still have a stopped up head and all but it is finally getting better. For a few days Marcel wrote me he is ready to record the next Demo song and we need tp do it before he gets operated on, he has a what Marcel has is a growth at the area where the wrist and forearm come togather. This is more a cyst, it is not cancerous, for this I am thankfull. Anyway after 48 hours on the new meds the swelling is down and his is able to play again. He even wants to go back to work today. We recorded a new song SCREAM and he will now do a home mix and some Bass lines etc so hopefully soon we can let you all hear the next tune. Then we sat down and wrote a draft for the next two songs . I hope in two weeks time to record atleast one more song.
I was only able to sing one song today, I have not been truely sick but also not been really fit the last three weeks and it took me two hours to work out the flow on this new song. Marcel and I would much rather have a full Band and work things out naturally but instead of waiting forever for that to happen, we have choosen this path it keeps us busy. Marcel by the way is not at all happy with the overall sound, he says its okay for a Demo but it is miles away from what he wants and more than likely we will need to record in a Studio.He is a perfectionist and knows what he wants he listens to a new song from us for up to 1-3 days until he finds something he dont like then he changes it ,if he finds nothing then it is okay
I too am so happy he is doing better and we the two of us are also using this time to truely get to know one another and are having fun writing music so that it for now we have not been lazy just unable so stay tuned if you liked the first song you will love this one

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 pm 

Look forward to it.

Ignorance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:25 pm 

Corpus_Chain wrote:

I have finally found the time and checked out these guys, this is awesome . Okay it is Funeral but it is so well made and anyway I wrote them. Curious if they write back. We are definately Brothers driven by like ideas with different approaches to the end result. I have gone from writting Thrash Metal songs that are 3-4 minutes to now doing Doom with the goal of 6 Minutes, what they are doing is wow just is unbelievable.Thanks for the tip

Reply to topic