Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subcide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:32 am 

I've never been a big fan of Marduk, but last nights show has definitely made me one. I'll be actively up dating my CD collection with their back catalogue when I can.

All bands last night put on solid shows and where of an out standing quality. It's pleasing to see more New Zealand metal bands reaching and exceeding international standards

I took a bunch of photos of the show on my crappy old $300 Sony Cybershot. These are in no way pro photos (if you want to see some of those go check THESE out by Jake Skipper) but I enjoyed taking and editing them. So here's my photo review of Marduk live at the Kings Arms:

After a few pre drinks with some travelling Metal heads from Wellington and Timaru I arrived at the Kings Arms to catch Anno Domini Mortus underway.
They were their sick, disgusting and impressive selves.
This was the first picture I took of Anno Domini Mortus guitarist. I didn't realise it at the time but my shutter was jammed, thus creating this strange effect.

Next up were Winter Deluge where were also delivered the goods. I'm not sure if they performed any new tunes, but I did notice yet again that live they sound way better and are much more memorable than on their CD. Must be time for them to release something new.

Next up were Exordium Mors who were the highlight of the three support bands. This was their most impressive live performance yet. I don't think I've ever seen an Auckland audience captured in the palm of the front man of an Aucklandmetal band before, let alone that of a support act. But this is what Exordium Mors pulled off here. They are truly excelling and advancing at what they are doing. I think we'll be seeing bigger and better things from them in the next few years.

..And finally MARDUK

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:21 pm 

ha ha ha! how did i miss this thread?! i semi-hijacked the oz one :p
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=2200163#p2200163

sweet gig aye :metal:

CrestOfBlack
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:35 pm 

Killer pics. They're touring the US soon (with fucking Inquisition), so hopefully I'll actually see them this time instead of them canceling/me getting arrested before they start.

ThomasBear
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 pm 

Nice work. More bands ought to come to Oceania.

Reply to topic