Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:01 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Have you baptized him with blood already, Jizz?

I've been contemplating that, but I don't think his mother would approve :lol:

shouvince wrote:
Jizz, one hell of a kid you got there!

Thanks! He's a wild child, for sure. And loves dancing to Deicide :evil:

The_Erlking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:54 am 

Greetings! Image

I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:39 am 

Slaytanic55 wrote:
Spoiler: show
DrummingEdge133 wrote:
A picture of me a few weeks ago in the obligatory bathroom snapshot:

I look normal here other than my longish hair. *Gasp*

And MalignantThrone's picture is the best ever.

Fuck Chris Hemsworth, you should have played Thor.

Hehe, that's a nice compliment of you to say. And I'd certainly take the role. :P

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:25 am 

From our band's show on 5th January.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 am 

What're you guys called?

I think you're probably gonna have to hand out some ultimatums to your band members, unfortunately. Get that hair growin' or kick fucking rocks!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am 

Illusions Dead is the band name. We're beginning the recording of our first release this week, so we're not on archives yet.

The other guitarist and drummer had a long hair before their military service, which of course requires quite short hair. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much longer I can maintain mine. :( It used to be much longer before the army, too.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 pm 

It's funny what this forum has done to my perceptions. Without initially looking at your location (I swear!) I could already tell the guitarist stage-right was a Finn. It's unmistakable, yet hard-to-define. Of course I was only joking about the hair. Who gives a flying fuck.

I'm one of those weirdos who will acknowledge a bands existence even if they aren't on the archives yet! You guys have any live stuff on youtube or anything?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 pm 

Ilwhyan, I kinda like the sample track you have up. Any gigs in the near future anywhere in Helsinki/Espoo? I'll be there with a basket of rotten fruit and a marker pen, so that I can either pelt you with crap or ask for a signature on my hairless chest, depending on the level of suckage/excellence.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:30 pm 

Nothing worthwhile, Jonpo. We have a very shitty demo from 2010 that will never see the light of day, and more recent rehearsal recordings with horrible sound quality (one of the tracks can be heard on Myspace), since we're going to record proper versions of the same songs in a short while.

Napero, glad you enjoyed it despite the poor sound and performance. No gigs are planned as of now, but I'll be sure to advertise as soon as something comes up!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 pm 

The goatee really suits you, Ilwhyan.

maksalaatikko
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 pm 

You see Ilwhyan with mustache!
EDIT: Like Ilwhyan, I'm still suffering from a rough weekend

LanceCriminal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm 

The shit that call of duty and your recruiter forgets to mention...Nothing makes me wanna re-enlist like guarding someone else's bullshit at 3 in the morning, as punishment for...actually I was never told what I was being punished for. Probably breathing. :roll:

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 pm 

Ilwhyan looks much like I pictured him. Shrewd face, not too robust... never mind...

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:59 pm 

The most recent photo of me from Times Scare in New York City.

From the last show I played with Sorrowseed in November in Somerville, MA.

Here's what happens when I'm rushed into doing face paint at a show. This was at Dusk in Providence, RI on Halloween where we headlined with Gravesideservice and Abnormality.

Me with good face paint from one of the tour shows in Manchester, NH (best show of the tour, by the way).

From last August in Brookfield, CT. It's photos like this that get me the Gene Hoglan comparisons.

And my favorite photo of me ever from the Palladium in Worcester, MA last April during my first show with Sorrowseed.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am 

LanceCriminal wrote:
...as punishment for...actually I was never told what I was being punished for. Probably breathing. :roll:

Resting after doing your job for 8 hours, having to do errand runs for every officer that sees you, getting counseled for something obvious, being part of the blame just by unit or platoon association... they'll find anything.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

fetalfeast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:32 am 

This is me(with buddies cropped out) mid-hike on one of my favorite trails in the world: Burgess Falls SNA near Sparta, Tennessee. Highly recommended if you're nearby.

OceanOfViolence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 am 

From my first show with the band I'm now playing guitar for. My friend took some kickass pics.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:17 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
LanceCriminal wrote:
...as punishment for...actually I was never told what I was being punished for. Probably breathing. :roll:

Resting after doing your job for 8 hours, having to do errand runs for every officer that sees you, getting counseled for something obvious, being part of the blame just by unit or platoon association... they'll find anything.

That's why only rookies take jobs that involve being around officers. Especially officers ranked higher than lieutenant.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:19 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Ilwhyan looks much like I pictured him. Shrewd face, not too robust... never mind...

We might actually be the same person, with the difference that the other has good taste.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm 

The year is 2248 AD. My sustenance has been achieved though periodic DNA reset procedures. Unfortunately for me, this will be one of my last entries. The Yakuza captured me and rather than killing me, they injected me with cytotoxins. I will soon lose motor functions. For now, I've found sanctuary in this medical facility where health professionals are monitoring my motor functions. They say they will be able to slow the effect of the cytotoxins but not for long. It's been circulating around town that backward time travel has been achieved by the Japanese and that the Yakuza will be the first beings to sample this technology. It's also been rumored that one of their first objectives is to travel to 2013 and put my 24 year old self into a debilitating state. This is of no surprise considering that I solved The Great Question that year and it is of no surprise to me that they want to assume credit for my work. During that year I improved my sleeping situation and reactivated parts of my brain that were deprived of oxygen for several years, thus enabling me to create the ultimate algorithm. They plan on capturing me and lobotomizing me in the past. I will have to follow them somehow, beat the living shit out of myself and assume my own identity while the Yakuza lobotomizes me so that my past self can prosper and ultimately ensure that I receive credit for my work.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:59 pm 

Yeah I like William Gibson too.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

LanceCriminal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm 

Bezerko wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

That's why only rookies take jobs that involve being around officers. Especially officers ranked higher than lieutenant.

Well apparently it was because somebody decided to cry to the squad leaders that they "did post already"...3 days prior, and I was the only person who hadn't done it in awhile that they could pick to get this dude to quit being a baby :lol: I hate people!

I never thought anything of it till recently but all the other branches are really heavy on officers compared to the Marine Corps. All my freinds in the Army, Navy and Air Force are around officers constantly...On a normal day I sometimes see our Lt, and maybe walk by the Co and Xo...that's really it. They're very separated from us.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:06 pm 

rabidmadman wrote:
considering that I solved The Great Question that year

That's nice and all but everybody already knows the answer. The question is what we need!
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

We might actually be the same person, with the difference that the other has good taste.

Switched at birth. 8)

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 am 

OceanOfViolence wrote:
Spoiler: show

Hey, I own that Portal shirt too. :) Nice taste in attire.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:53 am 

rabidmadman wrote:

The year is 2248 AD. My sustenance has been achieved though periodic DNA reset procedures. Unfortunately for me, this will be one of my last entries. The Yakuza captured me and rather than killing me, they injected me with cytotoxins. I will soon lose motor functions. For now, I've found sanctuary in this medical facility where health professionals are monitoring my motor functions. They say they will be able to slow the effect of the cytotoxins but not for long. It's been circulating around town that backward time travel has been achieved by the Japanese and that the Yakuza will be the first beings to sample this technology. It's also been rumored that one of their first objectives is to travel to 2013 and put my 24 year old self into a debilitating state. This is of no surprise considering that I solved The Great Question that year and it is of no surprise to me that they want to assume credit for my work. During that year I improved my sleeping situation and reactivated parts of my brain that were deprived of oxygen for several years, thus enabling me to create the ultimate algorithm. They plan on capturing me and lobotomizing me in the past. I will have to follow them somehow, beat the living shit out of myself and assume my own identity while the Yakuza lobotomizes me so that my past self can prosper and ultimately ensure that I receive credit for my work.

Doctor Who? DOCTOR WHO?!?!... Sorry.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:08 am 

I like the second guitarist in Ilwhyan's band, he looks like some sort of bald, Finnish pig-person.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 am 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
I like the second guitarist in Ilwhyan's band, he looks like some sort of bald, Finnish pig-person.

That one is actually quite a flattering picture of him. :|

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:47 am 

OK, so I got married a month ago, and here is me and my 3 groomsmen singing Rainbow - Stargazer at the reception, I'm the guy with the mic.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 am 

METAL WEDDING! :headbang:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:37 pm 

me and my drill, don't laugh, jesus was a carpenter... :grin:

dreameat la mode, thanks whoever mentioned the handy tip about using the mirror to line up the camera not just snapping away at the reflection in the mirror
i could do with longer arms, or perhaps a shorter nose ha ha

i used to have dreads [3 different sets] actually i still do, but they aren't on my head any more
proper dreads too, not 'bought' ones

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm 

ewww, do they smell?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 pm 

I think that's definitely the weirdest picture in this thread! Congrats!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 pm 

Vengeance, you the man.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:21 pm 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
ewww, do they smell?
they smell like old, you know how books smell after being in storage or old records? like that

Metantoine wrote:
I think that's definitely the weirdest picture in this thread! Congrats!
thanks man :lol:

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:50 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
i used to have dreads [3 different sets] actually i still do, but they aren't on my head any more
proper dreads too, not 'bought' ones

So that's where you got the name from.

Have birds ever attacked the dreads when you had them? I've heard stories...

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm 

that is exactly where the name came from mate :nods:
in a time before the internet or online accounts that needed 'names' i signed up in a music shop for a reward points scheme and the name just popped into my head, i also used it for my first hotmail account, which i still have, i also still use the reward points scheme but it's no longer a stamped book but a card that gets scanned welcome to the fewcha! (><.)

and yes! i have been attacked my magpies and these massive damn seagulls we have here called "black back gulls"
that may have been territory related not wicked dreadlock related though :lol:

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:36 am 

Nice dreads, and nice thermometer!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:42 am 

ha ha thanks man, and hopefully i won't need most of that thermometer, not like you poor blokes over there!
the barometer is a ship steering wheel, it's really old too, made in west germany even

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:43 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
ha ha thanks man, and hopefully i won't need most of that thermometer, not like you poor blokes over there!
the barometer is a ship steering wheel, it's really old too, made in west germany even

Yeah, the thermometer is working overtime lately. It's been fucking hot. It would be worse if I had those dreads! :P

Do you live alone?

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 174  Next